MultiCurrency Question - Cannot Add Products with different curren

Hi:
I am in a situation where a canadian based company whose Products and
Product List is in Canadian Dollars wants to create a Quote in US dollars.

It seems that we cannot add the products with Canadian Dollars Currency in a
USD Price List when we are using a Percent method of pricing.

If that is the case, how can it be handled? I cannot create 2 sets of the
same Product because the exchange rate is not fixed.

Typically, CRM should be calculating the currency in USD using the exchange
rate that's provided, but CRM simply is refusing to allow me to add a product
with a different currency to a USD Price List.

I also cannot use the Currency Amount Pricing Method, because when Currency
Amount is used, it is not getting exchanged at the current exchange rate.

Is this a CRM bug and is there a workaround to this?

Can any one help me please...

Thanks

Kona

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Saving Question
Why does Excel sometimes ask me if I want to save my spreadhseet even though I haven't made any changes? For example, I just brought it up, made no changes, did nothing, and when I close it out I'm asked if I want to save. Never understood that. Some functions are "volatile" and force a recalculation upon opening the workbook. These commands include TODAY(), NOW(), AREAS() and some others I can't think of right now. Once the workbook is recalced, Excel assumes that it has changed, even if you didn't really change anything. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

For more products pls visit: www.king-trade.cn
iscount Air max 95 shoes www.king-trade.cn wholesale Air Max 87 shoes discount Air MAX LTD shoes sell Air max 90 shoes discount Air Max 88 shoes www.king-trade.cn discount Air MAX 89 shoes discount Air max tn shoes discount Air Max tn8 shoes discount Air MAX tn9 shoes www.king-trade.cn discount MEN'S WOMEN'S Shox R5 R4 trainers discount Men's women's shocks OZ NZ TL trainers For more products pls visit: www.king-trade.cn ...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

MSCRM Opportunity's to allow price override and write in products
The Opportunity functionalirty should allow users to over-ride the price list values as per the quote functions. Additionally the option to have write-in products, again as per the Quotes functionality, should exist as part of the standard Opportunity functionality. This therefore gives the sales person flexibility is pricing the products to suit the client and also include products that are not standard price list items ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Balancing Question
As posted before, I never got my July/August statement from my bank. I know my statement is up to date, and when I tried to balance it with september, it left me with 200 bucks in bank charges as a descrepency because the starting/ending balance was different. My bank charges me 5.00 for each statement I need because they don't offer it on their webpage. My question is this: Do I have any other option to fix my account/balancing problem besides paying 10 dollars for old statements? Would reinstalling money and starting a new money file with just my September purchases/withdrawls, and ba...

Big difference in performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

Financial Series Multicurrency Revaluation
Our functional currency is $US, and we have a $CAN checkbook. When I run the report for revaluing the GL account that corresponds with this checkbook, the originating amount on the report does not agree with the Adjusted Book Balance on the Bank Reconciliation for this checkbook. Likewise, the functional amount shown on the report does not agree with the functional balance of the GL account. How can I get the Revaluation Report to agree with my actual balances? ...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

Reference column question
Setting up a tabulation speadsheet,has 40 rows and 10 columns.Question is when I do my formula which is a subtraction for each column,I want to use a refernce # from the first row of each column =Sum(F1-D3)=SUM (G1-D3)and so to=Sum(P1-D3)Rather than enter each manually,because cut and paste adds 1 to each column how can I get to use f1 as reference for that column G1 for that column.Thanx If I understand correctly, try putting a $ in front of the row reference. Also, sum is not necessary for what you are doing. =F$1-D3 as you copy that down it becomes =F$1-D4 copied across to the ri...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

Solver Add-in #2
I have an Excel File (around 4.5 megs) with 28 sheets. using the Solver add-in on the NPV function subject to a few restricting criteria. Max iterations 100 Max Change 0.01 under the Tools --> Calculation menu. Now when I launch Excel for the first time, I can click Tools --> Solver and see the conditions et al. but exiting from the Solver once and then later on trying to reaccess it through the same Tools --> Solver the Solver dialog does not come up. I have to quit excel and restart it again to view the Solver dialog. What could be going wrong here? Any ideas/suggestions? No ...

Add value when recording a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro to create a bar chart - I checked the checkbox to add the values. Stopped recording and showed me the chart with the values. If I run the macro again, it does not display the value. What is the code I need to always display the value? -- LizW After you create the chart, turn on the macro recorder again Select the chart, and choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, check Values Click OK Turn off the macro recorder In the recorded code, you'll see a line similar to this: ActiveChart.ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False, _ Ha...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

Timeout issues on Sales Orders with many Products
Hi all, I'm experiencing timeout issues with Sales Orders that have 25-30 products on the Order Detail level. I haven't found any documentation on this particular issue. Has any ever seen this before? I'm a little loathe to start reindexing the tables, especially considering the SalesOrderDetail table has less than 300 rows. -Luke ...

Question #10
If possible... How do I get excel to change the color of a "grid" if I enter say specfic letter or word in it. Example. 800 columns by 800 rows All columns and rows are small as possible Each letter would mean something, and I would need the grid with tha letter to be a specifc color. To allow easy viewing of the information V = red R = grey H = blue So instead of filling in each color per grid myself, I would get exce to auto-fill Any help would be greatly appreciat -- dirtytongu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dirtytongue's Profi...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

VBA date question
Why isn't this working? I have a form which has a text box for an attribute of type DATE. This attribute, foo, is normally null when the form is loaded. I tried setting the default value for the text box to "Date()" but it doesn't show up (i'm thinking it's because I'm actually running a join query to generate the record for the form so the form never gets the opportunity to display the default value for foo since it thinks it's supposed to be null, the result from the query) So I added some code like this: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If (I...

outlook 2007 cached mode question
With the cached mode a copy of the mailbox is stored locally. Does this mean that a user can go to another user's cached copy and open/read it? Each of my users has to be a local administrator because of a records management system we use, so each person's "private" folders are mapped to a shared network drive where security settings restrict access. If a local administrator would have access to the cached copies of mailboxes I would have to manually change the storage location. If I disable the cached mode what, if any, functionality do I lose? Bill Bill <trai...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

A Question about CTreeCntrl
I'm writing an application from an example that uses a CTreeCtrl. I'm don't understand the usage of the InsertItem methods and its parameters. HTREEITEM InsertItem( LPTVINSERTSTRUCT lpInsertStruct ); HTREEITEM InsertItem( UINT nMask, LPCTSTR lpszItem, int nImage, int nSelectedImage, UINT nState, UINT nStateMask, LPARAM lParam, HTREEITEM hParent, HTREEITEM hInsertAfter ); HTREEITEM InsertItem( LPCTSTR lpszItem, HTREEITEM hParent = TVI_ROOT, HTREEITEM hInsertAfter = TVI_LAST ); HTREEITEM InsertItem( LPCTSTR lpszItem, int nImage, int nS...

RPC/HTTP Question
I have two questions about implementing RPC over HTTP: I need to setup about 4 users to work from home over broadband..... I am considering the use of RPC/HTTP but have some questions about it. 1) Can RPC/HTTP be implemented on a single Exchange 2003 server? 2) Once implemented, will the data be downloaded on the user's remote desktops (i.e, PF,? Thank you , Rafael Rafael wrote: > I have two questions about implementing RPC over HTTP: > > I need to setup about 4 users to work from home over broadband..... I > am considering the use of RPC/HTTP but have some questions ab...

Vlookup question #8
Hi- I have a spreadsheet that looks at individuals and the amount they paid within a certain year for healthcare expenditures. Based upon this level of expenditure, I would like Excel to spit out the Category that the individual falls into. Here is what the table for looking up the category looks like: A B C Category Min Max 00 $0 $20 01 $20 $165 Thus, if the expenditure is $17, they would fall into category 00. How do I do this in Excel? I know its probably an easy VLOOKUP function but I'm not sure how to do the VLOOKUP function when telling Excel th...

Question 2:Color cell using conditional formatting
Hi, Using conditional formatting to change color of cell if something is entered works! (thanks Anonnymous!) Now, how woudl I go about to change the color to red if data entered starts with a 1, and change to yellow if if it starts with a letter. I have seen that you can add a 2nd condition in conditional formatting, but I cannot find what formula to use. Or should I use cell value is? Thanks again!! For the 1st condition, use: =LEFT(A1)*1=1 For the 2nd: =OR(AND(CODE(LEFT(A1))>=65,CODE(LEFT(A1))<=90),AND(CODE (LEFT(A1))>=97,CODE(LEFT(A1))<=122)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...