MSDE Installation Problem 03-14-06

While installing CRM Outlook Client for laptop on a user's laptop I got the
following error with the CRM System Requirements checklist and I can not
contiue the installation.
MSDE Service Pack 4 is required
When we confirm install, the installation begins, however half way through
the install the install fails with the message "user cancelled installation".
We did not cancel this action!
We have re-tried several times, same error message appears.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am getting the same problem- haven't found a solution so far.

"Christine" wrote:

> While installing CRM Outlook Client for laptop on a user's laptop I got the
> following error with the CRM System Requirements checklist and I can not
> contiue the installation.
> MSDE Service Pack 4 is required
> When we confirm install, the installation begins, however half way through
> the install the install fails with the message "user cancelled installation".
> We did not cancel this action!
> We have re-tried several times, same error message appears.

I had the same issue.  I had another application on my laptop using
MSDE which I believe is why you get this message.  You have to apply
the MSDE service pack outside of the CRM Outlook client install.  I
believe what I did was a Google search for MSDE service pack 4 upgrade
and figured it out from reading about other software applications that
had the same issue.  The problem I believe is that since MSDE always
runs under an application, the application is supposed to apply the
upgrade I guess.  In any event I had to do it from the command line.
After I successfully completed the upgrade, the CRM install worked like
a charm.

Hope this helps,

Lee Adler
www.adlerppt.com

0
Lee
3/30/2006 1:18:25 PM
Thanks lee.

What worked for me, finally, was running MSDEsp4 externally using the
following command:

SETUP.EXE /upgradesp SQLRUN

"Lee" wrote:

> I had the same issue.  I had another application on my laptop using
> MSDE which I believe is why you get this message.  You have to apply
> the MSDE service pack outside of the CRM Outlook client install.  I
> believe what I did was a Google search for MSDE service pack 4 upgrade
> and figured it out from reading about other software applications that
> had the same issue.  The problem I believe is that since MSDE always
> runs under an application, the application is supposed to apply the
> upgrade I guess.  In any event I had to do it from the command line.
> After I successfully completed the upgrade, the CRM install worked like
> a charm.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Lee Adler
> www.adlerppt.com

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

About CRM Installation
I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 on the same machine or problems may occur -- Best regards Jacques Hamalian senior CRM developer No problem, but CRM as a server which not good to install VS on it. "Jacques" wrote: > I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 > on the same machine or problems may occur > -- > Best regards > Jacques Hamalian > senior CRM developer ...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

internet explorer 03-01-10
internet explorer clashed remove and re-install but still cannot what should I do ? I must use Internet explorer "joanna" <joanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:109CCED0-F22D-4B62-A71C-3FCD690BAF5E@microsoft.com... > internet explorer clashed With what? What version of IE? What version of Windows? joanna wrote: > internet explorer clashed > remove and re-install but still cannot > what should I do ? > I must use Internet explorer Very nice poem! Your question does not contain all the required information neede...

Money 2004 Deluxe Start error after install
After a fresh install of Money 2004 Deluxe in Windows XP Home I get an error box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered an error and needs to close" There is a box checked that says " Restart Microsoft Money" but it never restarts. Th error signature - AppVer: 12.0.0.613 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Offset: 00013887 Under technical information - Exception information Code: 0xe06d7363 Flags: 0x00000001 Address: 0x0000000077e73887 Is this a Windows error or did I waste my money on a software package. Please help - thanks In microsof...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

Has anyone successfully installed CRM on SBS?
Has anyone successfully been able to install CRM3.0 on a SBS2k3 server and if so do you have a walkthrough of steps to get this installed and working correctly? I have installed this several times on SBS servers. I just used the deploymnet guide and it was very straightforward. Are you getting stuck at a particular step? <wedor> wrote in message news:uwoR4jmUGHA.5108@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Has anyone successfully been able to install CRM3.0 on a SBS2k3 server and > if so do you have a walkthrough of steps to get this installed and working > correctly? > do ...

E-mail Template Question 07-14-03
Is it possible to have an e-mail template in CRM that has a Microsoft Word document attached to the template? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

Business Portal Error During Installation
Hi, I am trying to install Business Portal 2.0, I have prepared a Share Point Server with windows 2003 installed, but when I try to install Business Portal it si giving me this error message "The database (Comany ID) on SQL Server (Server Name) does not meet minimum requirements-your back office data must be at vesion 7.x" although our Great Plains version is 7.5 with service pack 1 installed. Any suggestions about this issue will be highly appreciated. Mohammad, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen this error before. In the cases I saw it, it was due to incorrect d...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Publisher 2007 printing problem
I have a publisher file 6x4 template. When I try to print on a 4x6 photo paper instead of 1 page landscape it prints 2 in portrait. No mater what I do seems to change this. First, File Print setup Size: 4x6 Portrait OK Then, File Page Setup Special Size Width: 6" Height: 4" Landscape OK Build your project Save File Print -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tomincolorado" <tomincolorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CC2310B-E932-459A-94A2-45E96D530FC7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file 6x4 ...

Report Totals 03-25-10
I created a report with totals. See below sample. Date Type1 Type2 Servs1 Servs2 Type Total Serv Total 71/2009 10 20 30 35 30 65 7/2/2009 11 22 33 44 33 77 I used the =NZ for Row Totals and =Sum for column Totals. I tried to get column totals for 'Type Total' column and also for 'Serv Total' column. I couldnt figure it out. Can someone please tell me what to do? On Mar 25, 3:54=A0pm, Summing multiple fields on a form ...

CAsyncSocket::Reveive() problem
I am receiving some data in my application through the Receive() function TCHAR data[100]; int read=serv1.Receive(data,100); so here the data received in the data buffer is always half the data sent from the other side like if i send "AAAAAAAA" then i receive only "AAAA" which is half of the sent. what is the problem? "nexolite" <nexolite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47AD1B40-9CBD-4BC1-B196-B2A26EA1C908@microsoft.com... >I am receiving some data in my application through the Receive() function > > TCHAR data[100]; > ...

After crash problem
Hello, We've just recovered our crashed exchange 2003 server. All is working fine except for one user that keeps on getting prompted to enter his domain user name and password. Even when the information is entered, the user still does not get access to her inbox folder which resides in the server. The user has no problem accessing her email using OWA. Any ideas> Thank you in advance. Check the following things: Outlook repeatedly prompting for credentials - First possibility was primary DNS suffix on either the client or the server being wrong - make sure it matches the DNS ...