MSDE Error : "fatal error during installation error"

Previously I have installed Desktop Version on my Laptop and was running
fine. However, I did not manage to remove the program from the control panel;
I removed the software manually by deleting CRM folder and its MSDE database
and Now I hit an serious error while trying to install MSCRM 3.0 Laptop
client for Outlook setup on my laptop. While the program trys to intall the
missing MSDE, it hits the "fatal error during installation error". I could
not do any further installation unless I got this error fixed up. Anyone can
offer his help. Much appreciation.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Here's what I would try:

1. Reinstall the Desktop Client and then preform an uninstall properly

2. Download the latest V3C of the latest CRM Outlook Client on to you local
PC drive and then install the CRM Outlook Laptop Client

V3C Download link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en

Good luck.

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"sgreeny" wrote:

> Previously I have installed Desktop Version on my Laptop and was running
> fine. However, I did not manage to remove the program from the control panel;
> I removed the software manually by deleting CRM folder and its MSDE database
> and Now I hit an serious error while trying to install MSCRM 3.0 Laptop
> client for Outlook setup on my laptop. While the program trys to intall the
> missing MSDE, it hits the "fatal error during installation error". I could
> not do any further installation unless I got this error fixed up. Anyone can
> offer his help. Much appreciation.

MSDE Error : "fatal error during installation error"
Previously I have installed Desktop Version on my Laptop and was running fine. However, I did not manage to remove the program from the control panel; I removed the software manually by deleting CRM folder and its MSDE database and Now I hit an serious error while trying to install MSCRM 3.0 Laptop client for Outlook setup on my laptop. While the program trys to intall the missing MSDE, it hits the "fatal error during installation error". I could not do any further installation unless I got this error fixed up. Anyone can offer his help. Much appreciation. Here's what ...