MSCRM Opportunity's to allow price override and write in products

The Opportunity functionalirty should allow users to over-ride the price list
values as per the quote functions.

Additionally the option to have write-in products, again as per the Quotes
functionality, should exist as part of the standard Opportunity functionality.

This therefore gives the sales person flexibility is pricing the products to
suit the client and also include products that are not standard price list
items

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae7849c4-492d-4cbc-885c-bf5ed28debe7&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Aneel, thank you for the product suggestion. This issue has been entered
in our issues database to be considered for future release.

--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"Aneel" <Aneel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Opportunity functionalirty should allow users to over-ride the price
> list
> values as per the quote functions.
>
> Additionally the option to have write-in products, again as per the Quotes
> functionality, should exist as part of the standard Opportunity
> functionality.
>
> This therefore gives the sales person flexibility is pricing the products
> suit the client and also include products that are not standard price list
> items
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae7849c4-492d-4cbc-885c-bf5ed28debe7&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Manisha
6/28/2006 12:43:54 AM
Was this issue fixed in CRM 4.0?

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Aneel, thank you for the product suggestion. This issue has been entered
> in our issues database to be considered for future release.
>
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> "Aneel" <Aneel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The Opportunity functionalirty should allow users to over-ride the price
> > list
> > values as per the quote functions.
> >
> > Additionally the option to have write-in products, again as per the Quotes
> > functionality, should exist as part of the standard Opportunity
> > functionality.
> >
> > This therefore gives the sales person flexibility is pricing the products
> > suit the client and also include products that are not standard price list
> > items
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae7849c4-492d-4cbc-885c-bf5ed28debe7&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
BHARAT1 (7)
9/17/2008 11:18:00 AM
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to override the price in Opportunity.
In the form I have added the field ispriceoverridden and from there on the
onchange event I have enable or not the price per product. But the price per
product I enter is not take into account...
Is there a way in opportunity the change this price ??

If not I can't use the opportunity and I will have to use the quote, but
then no reports for pipeline ect...

Thanks for replies or if you have a workaround.

"Bharat" wrote:

> Was this issue fixed in CRM 4.0?
>
> "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
>
> > Hi Aneel, thank you for the product suggestion. This issue has been entered
> > in our issues database to be considered for future release.
> >
> > --
> > Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> > Program Manager
> > Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> > You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> > reserved.
> > "Aneel" <Aneel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The Opportunity functionalirty should allow users to over-ride the price
> > > list
> > > values as per the quote functions.
> > >
> > > Additionally the option to have write-in products, again as per the Quotes
> > > functionality, should exist as part of the standard Opportunity
> > > functionality.
> > >
> > > This therefore gives the sales person flexibility is pricing the products
> > > suit the client and also include products that are not standard price list
> > > items
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> > > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae7849c4-492d-4cbc-885c-bf5ed28debe7&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Adrien (12)
4/27/2009 12:38:01 PM
Hi
I just got off the phone with MS Support and the expected
functionality of the Price and Product Override attributes on the
Opportunity form does not exist in MSCRM4.0, and is not something that
MS are planning to fix / support in future 4.0 hotfixes / rollups (but
they may enable it in 5.0, providing enough people request it).

As such, I too need to plug this functionality gap. Does anyone have
any references of other blogs / posts that have done this?
Thanks

Lee AC

0
fiarel1 (3)
6/3/2009 5:30:27 PM
On Jun 3, 7:30=A0pm, LeeAC <fiar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I just got off the phone with MS Support and the expected
> functionality of the Price and Product Override attributes on the
> Opportunity form does not exist in MSCRM4.0, and is not something that
> MS are planning to fix / support in future 4.0 hotfixes / rollups (but
> they may enable it in 5.0, providing enough people request it).
>
> As such, I too need to plug this functionality gap. Does anyone have
> any references of other blogs / posts that have done this?
> Thanks
>
> Lee AC

Hi Lee,

did you manage to get a way around this? i am also stuck on this
functionality, any help will be appreciated

thanks Olga
0
or.tereki (1)
6/15/2009 10:03:25 AM
On Jun 15, 6:03=A0am, "O.R.T" <or.ter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 7:30=A0pm, LeeAC <fiar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I just got off the phone with MS Support and the expected
> > functionality of the Price and Product Override attributes on the
> > Opportunity form does not exist in MSCRM4.0, and is not something that
> > MS are planning to fix / support in future 4.0 hotfixes / rollups (but
> > they may enable it in 5.0, providing enough people request it).
>
> > As such, I too need to plug this functionality gap. Does anyone have
> > any references of other blogs / posts that have done this?
> > Thanks
>
> > Lee AC
>
> Hi Lee,
>
> did you manage to get a way around this? i am also stuck on this
> functionality, any help will be appreciated
>
> thanks Olga

Hi,

Please see detail blog explains how to Override price - opportunity
product
http://aadreja.blogspot.com/2009/07/override-price-opportunity-product.html

Thanks,
Ritesh
0
aadreja (1)
7/12/2009 11:19:53 PM
Hello,
Does anyone knows if this feature will be available in CRM 2011 ?
Thanks

0
Adrien (12)
10/4/2010 10:41:03 AM
Hello,
Does anyone knows if this feature will be available in CRM 2011 ?
Thanks
0
Adrien (12)
10/4/2010 11:02:03 AM
Does anyone knows if this feature will be available in the next CRM release :
CRM 2011 ?
Thanks
0
Adrien (12)

"Adrien"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
2E76D608-0356-4A96-82AC-42676227234E@microsoft.com 中撰寫...

Hello,
Does anyone knows if this feature will be available in CRM 2011 ?
Thanks

0
MING8949 (3)

"Adrien"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
2E76D608-0356-4A96-82AC-42676227234E@microsoft.com 中撰寫...

Hello,
Does anyone knows if this feature will be available in CRM 2011 ?
Thanks

0
MING8949 (3)
10/5/2010 11:37:25 AM
On Oct 5, 6:37=C2=A0am, "KM CHAN" <MING8...@YAHOO.COM.HK> wrote:
> 123123
>
> "Adrien" =C2=A0=E5=9C=A8=E9=83=B5=E4=BB=B6=E5=BC=B5=E8=B2=BC=E5=85=A7=E5=
=AE=B9=E4=B8=BB=E6=97=A8
> 2E76D608-0356-4A96-82AC-426762272...@microsoft.com =E4=B8=AD=E6=92=B0=E5=
=AF=AB...

> Hello,
> Does anyone knows if this feature will be available in CRM 2011 ?
> Thanks

Yes!  Opportunities in CRM 2011 include write-in products.
This feature is available in CRM 2011:
http://blog.summitgroupsoftware.com/2010/11/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-elusive-feature-of-day-write-in-products-and-price-override-on-opportunities/

0
jbehl (7)

Outlook asking permission to allow access when forwarding email
I'm using Outlook 2002 and everytime I try to forward an email or reply to an email, Outlook is asking if I want to allow a program to access my email addresses and such. I've got Word 2002 set up to edit my email and I think that's where the issue lies. Recently had some patches installed so I'm not sure if one of them changed a setting. Had the same issue with Palm Sych'ing software but was able to correct that by dl'ing the updated software. How do I correct this for forwarding/replying to email. Thanks for your help. Charles, have a look on this site...

url to stock price?
What I want to do is this: Find a URL that I can put in an Excel workbook tht will return a particular stock price. Delayed would be fine. Any ideas? Thanks! Michael ...

I I have found great software store, low prices
Hi friends! I I have found great software store - www.masterbell.net Full version software at the best possible prices - 90% OFF ! 6000+ titles of popular pc & mac software! TOP software list: 'Adobe Creative Suite Premium Edition 2.0 (http://www.masterbell.net/index.php?target=desc&progid=4182) (7 cds) $65 'Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro for Mac (http://www.masterbell.net/index.php?target=desc&progid=2916) - $40 'Adobe All 21in1 2.0 (http://www.masterbell.net/index.php?target=desc&progid=6186) (complet suite of Adobe products on one DVD) - $99 'Autodesk Architec...

Please! The product release page filters are not working!!
After changing selection criteria, the result list does not honor those criteria. I select Great Plains New Releases for v8.0 and end up with all kinds of irrelevant items in the list. This is very frustrating! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

How can I view the 2.0 product key that I used
How can I view the 2.0 product key that I used. I have multiple stores and thought I had labelled keys correctly as I used them. Apparently I have not. -- Biloxi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1270_01C7A896.858EFD90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Biloxi, If you've got some time to blow, its stored here; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store Operations POS\Registration Get out your favorite hex editor!! ;-) --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3...

Writing formatted XML
How would I write an XmlDocument to a file so that each node is properly indented and followed by a carriage return? Thanks...Dan http://msmvps.com/coad/archive/2004/06/22/8692.aspx Using XmlDocument.Save(string file) produces a file with nicely indented elements. XmlDocument.OuterXml returns a string without any formatting. If you want a nicely formatted string (to display to the user, write to console, etc), without directly writing to a file, you must use the XmlTextWriter. using System.IO; using System.Xml; public static string FormatXML(XmlDocument doc) { // Create a stream bu...

Item Price Maintenance
GP version 8.00g7. If you play around in the Item Price Maintenance window they try to exit, a popup asks if you'd like to save changes. Only 2 choices: Yes & Cancel. Cancel brings you back to the Item Price Maintenance window again, where you are trying to exit without saving changes. Only choice is to say yes. WTF? G Have you tried the red x in the upper right corner of the window? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "GiJ...

Project Return should allow for use of originating currency
Transactions | Project | Returns from Project Entry should allow for use of an originating currency in multicurrency environments, rather than assuming the functional currency for all transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

moving test to production
I want to move the all data in company A to company B. I haven't did this in a while and am getting a sharing error. I right click dbB and > chose restore > and browse to backup of dbA. I then get an error when I try to execute. What is the easiest way to simply move a db to a new or existing company. For example when creating a new test company from production? Any help appricated Backup and restore is the best way to do this. While it would help to see the exact wording of the error you're getting, I suspect if it's a sharing error that you have something open i...

Ad hoc query writing
Is it possible for an end user to generate ad hoc queries to serve a temporary need? I have a customer that "cannot" supply ne with the information I need so am wondering whether it's time to call in a professional to write some simple queries, or whether it is something that can be done by someone with SQL knowledge. Can someone point me in the direction of some literature on the subject?? H ------=_NextPart_0001_2BB3CC3C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Usually SmartList can satisfy most user's requirements for ad hoc queries. Do you have a...

RE: MSCRM V1.2 & Lotus Notes V6.5
Hi. I need some expert advice regarding MSCRM as you are aware of that MSCRM uses exchange 2000/2003 as a mail server. I have a potentail customer to whom i am trying to sell the CRM package but the only problem is that he is using Lotus Notes v6.5 for mail. They do not want to change. Is their a way around this issue. What i am trying to achieve is CRM mail gets into CRM & general mail gets to the user machines with Lotus notes 6.5, instead of using Outlook. Kind Regards.. Shaz.. repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for email. I think at le...

Appointment in CDF MSCRM 3.0
I'm loading data into CDF_MSCRM database but I don't find the table where I can load data about "Appointment". There are tables about the other kind of Activities (cdf_Email, cdf_Letter, cdf_PhoneCall, cdf_Task) but nothing about Appointment. Any ideas? thanks, Matteo. Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework does not import Appointments! A few other limitations are the new Marketing Automation and Service Management Entities and Custom entities! ..... "Matteo Franchini" wrote: > I'm loading data into CDF_MSCRM database but I don't find the table...

Allowing Administrator access to Users' Mailboxes
I hope someone can help me with this... We've recently upgraded from Win2K/Exch5.5 to SBS2003, and I was doing pretty good at getting most of the kinks out of everything (even Sharepoint) by checking the newsgroups/web/etc, but this one I just can't seem to figure out: In our old configuration, the Domain Admins group was given full control over users' mailboxes so they could monitor/purge/backup etc. Now that we're on Exchange 2003 I can't seem to figure out how to re-assign that priviledge (and the users are waiting anxiously for their exported PST's to be ...

update prices online
I'm using Money 2003 with Windows 98. Everything was fine until I downloaded Money updates in April 2004. I lost my capability to update quote prices online (the "update prices online" option in portfolio was gone) and only gives me the "update prices manually". Does anyone know what caused this? How can I get the "update prices online" option back? Thanks for any support you could give. If you have Money 2003 standard and installed it in April 2003, then it is possible that the update prices online feature has expired. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft...

read vs write file
If I open a file with macros... it could had been opened as read only or as read/write.... Then how do I check with a macro if it was opened as read only or as read/write? bReadOnly = wb.ReadOnly where wb refers to the workbook you want to know about Regards, Peter T "Alberto Ast" <AlbertoAst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309F56ED-42AC-4C94-93E9-692A752327E7@microsoft.com... > If I open a file with macros... it could had been opened as read only or > as > read/write.... > > Then how do I check with a macro if it was ...

Letter Writing Assistance
Include in the "Add Vendor Fields" list the vendor check name. Several occasions occur where the vendor check name is the more appropriate choice than the vendor name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

unit * price total
Hi there new to the wonders of Excel, sorted most probs out but any suggestions for the following formula? units price 2 2 2 2 tot 8 Can't get the total based on the unit * price without entering every field and I've got 200 units and 6 price fields. Any help welcome Thanks Willy -- willy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32901 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=527220 Hi there, Ass...

same product
I have a customer that has different suppliers but they send the exact same product. How can we differentiate between the different suppliers. They would of course have same upc code. and most information but different suppliers. thanks In the item properties window, under Suppliers you can add more than one supplier, just use the Add button on the right. "Angelique" wrote: > I have a customer that has different suppliers but they send the exact same > product. How can we differentiate between the different suppliers. They would > of course have same upc code. and...

Endnote/Cite write, as well as database issues #2
Hello all- Is anyone using Endnote 7 on the mac and Office X? I have found some stability issues, as well as issues connecting to certain databases- e.g. Blackwell does not have a direct filter, you have to go through other steps. I am all ears (actually eyes) to talk with someone about this because I am writing my dissertation and think that the steep learning curve is worth it. Email : sethhalvorson@gmail.com Hi Seth, There are a number of people dropping in and out of either this newsgroup or more likely the microsoft.public.mac.office.word newsgroup, who use Endnote, including some p...

Help needed with writing files in binary mode.
I need to add writing a binary file to my application and I haven't had much experience with writing files. I've been trying to understand and use examples found on the web and here is what I've been working with. 'Start code: Dim i As Integer Dim nFileNum As Integer Dim sFilename As String sFilename = "C:\Temp.bin" Open sFilename For Binary Access Write As #nFileNum ' Put data in the file For i = 0 To 15 'Write #nFileNum, , i Put #nFileNum, , i Next i Close #nFileNum 'End code This works but when I look at the file usi...

The highlighted segment of words, will not allow me to take it off
When highlighting certain segments of sentences, etc.... Highlighting works great until I want to remove it. It is normally very easy. But I have run into this many times when I have a form that I use all the time that I keep up with daily tasks. I will highlight something that needs to be done pronto! Then once the job is done, I go back to remove it, it will not remove. You know it is an easy process. Take your mouse and highlight that segment, move your mouse up to the highlight area of the toolbar and choose to not have highlight there and most times it will remove it. This f...

is it possible to write macro to convert tables to text
Is possible to write a macro for word to select and convert tables to text? Do you mean like Dim oRng As Range Dim oTable As Table For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables oTable.ConvertToText ", " Next oTable -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &...

Product Key #4
I have a problem. I am working on a poster for a presentation, and someone suggested that I use Publisher. I tried to launch, but it is asking for my Product Key. I am working on my work computer, and it was here when I got here, so I don't know the product key. How can I find this? My IT guy says he doesn't have it. If it's Publisher 2000 or older you're up the creek without a paddle. But if it's a later version of Publisher I believe BelArc Advisor will show it to you. For Publisher 2000 (the version I use) the Product Key looks similar to a Windows ProductKey, 5 ...

My publication will not allow me to use the toolbars
When I try to edit a publication, the program will not allow me access to the toolbars, move objects, or to edit text boxes. It seems to be frozen. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks, Fritzi <Fritzi @discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I try to edit a publication, the program will not allow me > access to the toolbars, move objects, or to edit text boxes. It seems > to be frozen. Can someone help me figure this out? Is it a trial version? If so, it has expired. If not, then have you activated the product? Help > Activate produ...

allow unauthenticated E-Mail from an IP address
How can I configure my Exchange 2003 Server to allow unauthenticated E-Mail from an IP address? In other words, I setup a user in the domain with a mailbox, now i want to setup a canon printer to send email using that mailbox. Since there is no way to enter the email password on the canon printer there has to be a way to send email out without specifying a password. Therefore I am trying to find a way to configure it in the Exchange server so that the Canon does not have to authenticate to the Exchange Server. Thanks in advance, Greg In news:9DF047BD-7842-42BC-93A4-741BAF180834@mic...