MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar

Hello,

After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail
level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail
toolbar, none are visible.

I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added
basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding
it wasn't visible.

I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the
isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for).

Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I
added my custom button to the account detail thinking there was something up
with my contact xml, and although at least I see the isv buttons, I did not
see my custom button.

This is a fresh install and there should be no reason why I can't add a
simple button - I've (unnecessarily) restarted IIS, closed the app, squeezed
my stress-ball, nothing works.

After beating my brains out for about 3 hours, I decided to ask my friends
in the newsgroup... My button is in the code below, in the button called
"clone contact"

Michael

        <ToolBarSpacer />
        <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test"
Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="http://www.microsoft.com" PassParams="1"
WinParams="" WinMode="1" />
        <Button Title="Web Only" ToolTip="Web client only.  This will not
show up in any outlook pages." Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Web" />
        <Button Title="Outlook Only" ToolTip="Outlook Only - This is
available offline also." Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Outlook" AvailableOffline="true" />
      </ToolBar>
      <!-- The Account Left Nav Bar -->
      <NavBar>
        <!--
					Valid Areas Include
					===================
					Sales
					Marketing
					Service
					Info
				-->
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Default"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navItem" />
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Web Only"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navItemWeb" Client="Web" />
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Outlook Only"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navItemOutlook" Client="Outlook"
AvailableOffline="true" />
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Sales"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navSalesItem" Area="Sales" />
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Info"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navInfoItem" Area="Info" />
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Marketing"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navMarketingItem" Area="Marketing" />
        <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Service"
Url="http://www.microsoft.com" Id="navServiceItem" Area="Service" />
      </NavBar>
      <Grid>
        <MenuBar>
          <ActionsMenu>
            <MenuItem Title="Coming Soon..." Url="http://www.microsoft.com"
WinMode="1" />
            <MenuSpacer />
            <SubMenu Title="Sub Test">
              <MenuItem Title="Test Sub 1" Url="http://www.microsoft.com" />
              <MenuSpacer />
              <MenuItem Title="Test Sub 2" />
              <MenuItem Title="Web Only" Client="Web" />
              <MenuItem Title="Outlook Only" Client="Outlook"
AvailableOffline="true" />
            </SubMenu>
            <MenuItem Title="Web Only" Client="Web" />
            <MenuItem Title="Outlook Only" Client="Outlook"
AvailableOffline="true" />
          </ActionsMenu>
          <Buttons>
            <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test"
Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="http://www.microsoft.com" WinParams=""
WinMode="2" />
            <ToolBarSpacer />
            <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test"
Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="http://www.microsoft.com" WinParams=""
WinMode="1" />
            <Button Title="Web Only" ToolTip="Web client only.  This will
not show up in any outlook pages." Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Web" />
            <Button Title="Outlook Only" ToolTip="Outlook Only - This is
available offline also." Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Outlook" AvailableOffline="true" />
          </Buttons>
        </MenuBar>
      </Grid>
    </Entity>

<Entity name="contact">
<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
<Button
Title="Clone Contact"
ToolTip="Create a copy of this contact"
Icon="/CloneContact/contactclone.gif"
Url="/CloneContact/CloneContact.htm"
WinMode="1"
WinParams="dialogHeight:100px;dialogWidth:300px;"
/>
</ToolBar>
</Entity>

    <Entity name="contact" />
    <Entity name="lead" />
    <Entity name="opportunity" />
    <Entity name="list" />
    <Entity name="campaign" />
    <Entity name="campaignactivity" />
    <Entity name="campaignresponse" />
    <Entity name="incident" />
    <!-- Case -->
    <Entity name="quote" />
    <Entity name="salesorder" />
    <!-- Order -->
    <Entity name="invoice" />
    <!-- Custom Entities -->
    <!-- <Entity name="myEntity"/> -->
    <!-- End Custom Entities -->
  </Entities>
  <!-- Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Service Management
Customization -->
  <ServiceManagement>
    <AppointmentBook>
      <SmoothScrollLimit>2000</SmoothScrollLimit>
      <TimeBlocks>
        <!-- All CSS Class mapping for Service actiivties -->
        <TimeBlock EntityType="4214" StatusCode="1"
CssClass="ganttBlockServiceActivityStatus1" />
        <TimeBlock EntityType="4214" StatusCode="2"
CssClass="ganttBlockServiceActivityStatus2" />
        <TimeBlock EntityType="4214" StatusCode="3"
CssClass="ganttBlockServiceActivityStatus3" />
        <TimeBlock EntityType="4214" StatusCode="4"
CssClass="ganttBlockServiceActivityStatus4" />
        <TimeBlock EntityType="4214" StatusCode="6"
CssClass="ganttBlockServiceActivityStatus6" />
0
bayareacrm (90)
3/7/2008 8:28:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I just imported a fresh set of backup 4.0 customizations, and to my extreme
dismay, I just found that crm 4.0 import customizations imports my
isv.config, but does not overwrite the existing isv file.

Can anyone shed some light?

Michael
0
bayareacrm (90)
3/7/2008 8:50:01 AM
Michael;

In CRM 4.0 the isv.config is no longer a server-resident file.  The
isv.config data is stored in the database (because crm 4 is multi-tennant,
all organization-specific data is stored in the org's database), so try
going into System Customizations, exporting the ISV.Config entity, making
your changes to the exported xml file, then re-importing your updated xml
and publishing.

Dave Ireland

"bayareacrm" <bayareacrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just imported a fresh set of backup 4.0 customizations, and to my extreme
> dismay, I just found that crm 4.0 import customizations imports my
> isv.config, but does not overwrite the existing isv file.
>
> Can anyone shed some light?
>
> Michael

0
direland (470)
3/7/2008 12:52:29 PM

Still struggling with the button addition.

When I use visual studio 2005 to add the clone contact button and try to
import, it tells me it's not a valid file.

I'm using the same syntax I did in 3.0 - files for 3.0 and 4.0 look much the
same, and the button I'm adding is at the very bottom below. I'm placing it
after the previous entity end tag and before the <Entity name="contact" />.
Any ideas?

THERE'S MORE XML ABOVE THIS, BUT BELOW THE </Entity> tag, I put my button:
JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Outlook" AvailableOffline="true" />
          </Buttons>
        </MenuBar>
      </Grid>
    </Entity>

<Entity name="contact">
<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
<Button
Title="Clone Contact"
ToolTip="Create a copy of this contact"
Icon="/CloneContact/contactclone.gif"
Url="/CloneContact/CloneContact.htm"
WinMode="1"
WinParams="dialogHeight:100px;dialogWidth:300px;"
/>
</ToolBar>
</Entity>

    <Entity name="contact" />
    <Entity name="lead" />
    <Entity name="opportunity" />

THIS IS THE BUTTON I'M TRYING TO ADD:

<Entity name="contact">
<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
<Button
Title="Clone Contact"
ToolTip="Create a copy of this contact"
Icon="/CloneContact/contactclone.gif"
Url="/CloneContact/CloneContact.htm"
WinMode="1"
WinParams="dialogHeight:100px;dialogWidth:300px;"
/>
</ToolBar>
</Entity>
0
bayareacrm (90)

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

Follow up Flags not detailed
when I click on Follow up drop down all I get is Flag Message? I want to see the normal ones. Also I would like to set the quick click to default to Custom Flag. What version of Outlook are you using? You can't set the Quick Click to Custom, but you can script around that a little if you're willing to do so. I have a script in AutoHotKey that I use that when I press Windows Key + ` prompts me for a day/date and when I type it in the script applies that date to a custom flag on the selected item. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www....

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

Saving toolbar changes

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Outlook 2003

Custom reports #3

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Status Bar #4
Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the Excel Status Bar which allows you to select a range of cells and view the Sum, Average etc of those cells? Thanks. It's the AutoCalculate feature: AutoCalculate feature is working even if that feature is turned off http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=325703 XL7: CTRL+Click Selected Cell Changes AutoCalculate Value http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=133050 Alex wrote: > Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the > Excel St...

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

MSCRM Integration for Great Plains
Dear All, Right now I'm trying MSCRM Integration for Great Plains Tool. The issue is how i can integrate primary contact on great plains to contact and primary contact field on account (MSCRM) Please help me Document on how to customise the integration: https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/CustomizingIntegration.doc Other info: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/information/supportinformation/crmintgcustomizations.htm?printpage=false It would be quite easy to copy the text into the Address Contact field on the Account form by modifiying the Biztalk mappings. I ...