MSCRM 3

This question has been asked a lot before but I see no acceptable
answers, so here we go.

We are just going through the planning stages of launching CRM3, all is
going well, but we have a sticking point:
We have 15 years of data stored in Sage that we need to get out, and
then syncronise on a regular basis. Not ideal, but required for now.

I am looking for any solution that would allow me achieve any part of
this, either the initial migration/data copy (v important) or the
synchronisation of the 2 data sets.

I am currently using the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework to
import data from other sources, but I dont think this will do the job.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Shaine Fisher

0
processendnow
5/23/2006 9:46:06 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

My best advice is to use Scribe. We have implemented several CRM
solutions, with integration to other systems (ERP/Web/CRM...). It's not
cheap, but the possibilities are unlimited...

0
mikkelsen2000
5/23/2006 10:18:52 AM
Thank-you, I will take a look into this, it seems to be the way others
are going.

At least now I know that crm3 and scribe are compatible, because a lot
of the questions are 1.2 related I wasn't sure.

Again, thanks

Shaine

0
processendnow
5/23/2006 10:36:46 AM
we use Scribe to intergrate our site...
you could try Biz talk. ..
or you could write one :)

"processendnow" <shainefisher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This question has been asked a lot before but I see no acceptable
> answers, so here we go.
>
> We are just going through the planning stages of launching CRM3, all is
> going well, but we have a sticking point:
> We have 15 years of data stored in Sage that we need to get out, and
> then syncronise on a regular basis. Not ideal, but required for now.
>
> I am looking for any solution that would allow me achieve any part of
> this, either the initial migration/data copy (v important) or the
> synchronisation of the 2 data sets.
>
> I am currently using the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework to
> import data from other sources, but I dont think this will do the job.
>
> Thank you in advance for any advice.
> Shaine Fisher

0
freibuis
5/23/2006 11:16:20 AM
agree

unless you want to write your own code scribe is the way to go for now

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"mikkelsen2000" <mikkelsen2000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My best advice is to use Scribe. We have implemented several CRM
> solutions, with integration to other systems (ERP/Web/CRM...). It's not
> cheap, but the possibilities are unlimited...

0
John

CRM 3.0 Mobile installlation issue
I an trying to install CRM 3.0 Mobile Beta on an existing CRM 3.0 server which works very well. Brief steps are as below: 1. install .NET 2.0 Framework over CRM server 2. Run setup.exe under CRM 3.0 Mobile Beta CD 3. Select "Microsoft CRM Network" at the 1st window 4. Select to accept EULA and click Next. A messagebox pops up saying that: Setup did not find a Microsoft CRM user with the required privileges for the Microsoft CRM Mobile user account. This user must have Read privilege at the Organization level for Record Customization and User. Assign these privileges to an ex...

Formula #3
Hello, Could someone please help me with the following: I have imported a file into Excel which is a tab delimited text file. I am trying to use some functions to work on the data but the cell only displays the function code and not the function result. If I create a new worksheet and put the function here all works well. Why doesn't the function code work in the original worksheet cell and how can I get it to work? I really appreciate your help. Best Regards, Steve Wilson. Hi Will, Thanks for the quick response. I had already tried what you suggested. I copied from one sheet to ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #3
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After customizing my toolbar closing and reopening the application. Excel goes back to the default tool bar. Anybody knows how to solve this? Hagai Hi Barley -- this is exactly my problem as well!!!,...did you ever receive a correct answer to help solve this problem??? Mike "hbarlev" wrote: > Hi, > > I just got excel 2003. After customizing my toolbar closing and reopening > the application. Excel goes back to the default tool bar. Anybody knows how > to solve this? > > Hagai ...

Outlook keeps Crashing #3
Soon after turning on Outlook 2000 I get the following message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am prompted to select send error report and after I click send it closes/crashes Outlook. Please help Paul Try using the disc and reinstalling or choose the repair function from the office disc >-----Original Message----- >Soon after turning on Outlook 2000 I get the following >message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am >prompted ...

CRM 3.0 Reports Error Externally not Internally
I am able to run reports just fine on the internal network, but, externally no one can run the reports. The error generated is a "Page does not display". I have searched the posts and thought I might have come upon the answer with regards to a registry setting, but, this did not solve the problem. Any ideas? -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

CRM 3.0 need workflow example for duplicate detection
If you have a sample of how to write a workflow to detect duplicates based on If email address matches, deactivate one of the multiple records could you please share it with me? Greatly appreciated! -- Thank you, scrowley(AT)littleonline.com I would recommend that you look into pre-callout for this task instead of workflow. Workflow is a asyn process, have you consider which record to deactivate when a duplicate record is identifier? If it's a duplicate, why create the record in the first place. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 13, 9:11=A0...

import 3.0 workflows into 4.0 Live
Cannot find how to do this? Is there a wizard? thanks paul In CRM 4.0 workflows are imported just like any other customization Use "Import Customizations" <paul_doyon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e5431b63-1f50-487c-835b-6f1b88e90b13@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Cannot find how to do this? Is there a wizard? > > thanks > > paul On Feb 21, 9:59=A0am, "Peter Lynch" <discussi...@microsoft.com> wrote: > In CRM 4.0 workflows are imported just like any other customization > > Use "Import Customizations" > > ...

Installing Publisher #3
Any ideas on how many times you can install and register Publisher from one cd? -- Kelly which version? 2000 and earlier -- you can install multiple times. I'm not sure where the registration stands. On newer versions - -the ability to reinstall is limited. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kathryn Groves "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A35A3A3-47D3-4DD6-AD6B-D64F572FFE70@microsoft.com... > Any ideas on how many times you can install and register Publisher from > one cd? > -- > Kelly Publisher 2003. -- Kelly &q...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Exchange 2003 Question #3
Dear all, I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the System Manager. Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so, where is it? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You can use ExMerge to remove emails based on certain criteria (ie. attachment name, subject, etc). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html "KA Kueh" wrote: > Dear all, > > I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I > can clean/delete mail based on ...

HIGHLIGHTING CELLS #3
Hi I have a spread sheet in which I want to highlight certain cells automattically. ie B4 = 39 C4 = 38 how do I get Excel to highlight the figure in C4 if it is less than B4, someone said it was something to do with exceptions but I cannot find any details on that. Hope someone can help Dave You can use conditional formatting... 1) Select C4 2) Format > Conditional Formatting > Formula Is 3) Enter the following formula: =(C4<B4) Note that if you don't want C4 highlighted when it's empty, use the following formula instead... =(C4<>"")*(C4<B4) ...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser
ReportServer ReportServerTempDB Question : How to clear this problem? The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Cause There are two causes for this error: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the specified server. Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Solution One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for Microsoft SQL Server Repor...

Web form for CRM 3 leads
Hello, Does anyone know how to create a web form or an already made product that I can have a webpage form that will generate a lead contact in CRM 3.0? Thanks, Tareef Tareef, We have developed a Microsoft CRM web service that does what you are looking to do. If you are interested in more information, please contact me. Sincerely, Barkley Busby 2B Solutions, Inc. 205-408-9991 barkley@2Bsolutions.net www.2Bsolutions.net "Discover where you want to be" "Tareef A." <TareefA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17830E9E-2CD6-4C51-91F8-F02704DF82...

Mailbox Limit #3
I am using Exchange Server 2003 w/ AD 2003 and have a need to place a personal mailbox limit of 5 GB on one specific Vice President. It appears that this is not possible due to a limitation of approx 2 GB. Is there a workaround? Thanks Rustom i believe you can set that in ADSIEdit...I've seen a reference to that in this NG in the last few days... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rustom" <RustomNB@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:unV6B8D2GHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am using Exchange Server 2003 w/ AD 2003 and have a need to place a >personal mailbox ...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

.NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 on Windows Server 2008 64bit
Currently, our software is VB.NET, VS 2005, forced to 32bit compile, and .NET 2.0. We seem to have random issues on a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine that when printing a huge number of print jobs (like 1000+) the message is: menu.exe has stopped working. The event log doesn't have any error messages in it. When we look at the task manager, it shows dw20.exe running. I know we can edit the registry and remove the application error reporting so that doesn't come up. What i don't understand is there is nothing in the event log that shows any error messages. Does any...

Missing Files #3
Hello I use A P2P program called Ares and I downloaded some files and moved them into a folder that I probably should not have because earlier the folder was not able to be deleted anyway I moved some files into that folder and it showed the files being moved but when I check the folder they are not there and I went to the folder properties and it says size 0 bytes size on disk 0 bytes and contains 0 files and 0 folders any idea could this be a glitch or a virus that my antivirus program is not detecting? In news:9cGdnaIEH56IueDenZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@wideopenwest.com, Cody Wheeler <h...

Unable to relay #3
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. Exchange has the SMTP server enabled. But I cannot send any email out from my server. Can't send to my Hotmail, Gmail, or work email address. All reject me with the same unable to relay error. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mypersonaladdress@gmail.com'. Subject 'Test1, 4:53PM', Account: 'mypersonaladdress@mydomain.com', Server: 'server1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unabl...

aUTO nUMBERING #3
Help me please. Is there any way to automatically number in column A only if there is any data in column B. SL Item ----------------------- 1 have data no data 2 have data 3 have data 4 have data no data 5 have data In A1 enter: 1 In A2 enter: =IF(B2="","",MAX($A$1:A1)+1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200838 You are a Gent and Thanks a Lot "Gary''s Student" wrote: > In A1 enter: > 1 > In A2 enter: > =IF(B2="","",MAX($A$1:A1)+1) and copy down > -- > Gary...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

How do we send mass e-mails from CRM 3.0?
Hello Everyone, Can someone please walk me through how to send mass e-mails to our client base? We currently export a file to Excel and e-mail outside of CRM. Please tell me there's an easier way to e-mail from within CRM!! We will most likely always have attachments (PDF) that will needed to be included as well, does that pose a problem? I appreciate our assistance! Thanks Tiffany Here is a good starting point http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/marketing/emailmarketing.mspx ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.co...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Frequency #3
I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the y-axis? Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard deviation units along the x-axis? Thanks for your help. wrace. Wrace - You might need to devote an additional section of your worksheet to condition the data for plotting. I don't know about phstat, so I don't know how extensively you will need to adjust your data. To put a vertical line where the mean and SD are located, check out this web pa...

Pivot Table Help #3
Good Morning I have a pivot table set up and all is ok i have set up a macro to copy the data in the pivot table and to paste it sumwhere else and to sort it all is good, but when i save the spreadsheet and close it down and reopen it and run the macro the pivot table shrinks down to 2 rows and 2 colums how do i get my data back on show Can anyone help Thanks in Advance Steve ...