MS CRM reindex interval

Does anybody knows how to change the frequency of reindexing the CRM 3.0 SQL
server database? I remember that this can be set in the server system
registry. I just don't remember the registry key.

Please advise.
0
Benjsoft (5)
5/20/2008 1:40:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Migrating Notes into CRM 3.0 w/ DMF
I'm currently migrating data from an excel source into CRM 3.0 via the data migration framework. I can get the entities imported with no problem, but I don't know how to get the notes into the cdf db. To be specific, I don't know what to map into the cdf_annotaion db in order to migrate the notes successfully. How do I associate each note with the object it belongs to? How do I do this for multiple notes per object? If anyone can lend me a hand or point me to a tutorial I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance, Jason ...

Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd
Dear all, Help please...I've struggled all day with this. I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration, released May 2006. I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft downloads site, but I cannot extract. I get the following two error messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe: Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition - Extended).vhd CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition - Extended).vhd Any ideas? As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to ...

CRM 3 STILL NOT GOOD
Just tried CRM 3 on the demo servers provided by Microsoft. After ALL THE TIME they spent on it . . . and it's STILL NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE! It lacks basic functionality found in earlier versions of ACT. And much is not intuitive (such as searching for accounts). I will not enjoy rolling this out to the sales reps as they will say that it's still not good. Even if you add a module like marketing, and yet neglect the basic problems with the software, you still don't have a truly good product. -- Brandon What sort of search functionality were you looking for ?. ...

CRM 1.2 installation help needed
Does anyone know where on the Internet (or a book) that will show me the installation of CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003? In addition, I would also like the same material on 3.0. There are a lot of questions about installation problems, but nothing that I can find about all the steps required. Thank you. The implementation guides that ship with the crm are excellent step-by-step guides. In version 1.2, the IG came as a PDF on disc 3 of the bundle. In version 3.0, I believe the IG is on the Server CD (disc 1). Both have separate chapters on Win2003 installations. You can also download bot...

MS Great PLains
Hi, Just wondering if anyone could help me, I am evaluating MS GP for a client here in the middle east, and they require Letters of Credit Functionality. Having reviewed any literature I have on MS GP I have yet to come across this functionality. Does it exist? Is there any Letters of Credit functionality/modules in the MS business applications e.g. Axapta, Navision etc. If anyone could point me in the right direction, It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much I imagine you would need to track FOB point and L/C number - both these fields are available in Purchase Orders. Wh...

CRM outlook views arent working
Im betaing the CRM 1.2 software. All has installed fully ok up until now, I have installed a laptop which doesnt appear to be running the Outlook client right. Everything so far has been very straightforward but Im having a problem with a laptop setup to get the Outlook Sales Client installed. It has installed (after manually installing dotnetfx latest download). I have ran the English client beta on the laptop which isntalled ok - its a 256Mb ram laptop, P550 with Windows XP SP1, Office 2003 freshly installed on NTFS newly formatted partition. Im getting a screen layout which is all screwe...

Slow MS-Outlook
MS-outlook functios very slowly sometimes. We have a Citrix terminal server environment with XP on clients and Win 2003 on servers. Any tip? I read somewhere about a file called outcmd.dat that can increase in size. Does this file exist in term.serv. environment too? I don't find it. I appreciate any help. An example of what happens is when a user wants to delete a message it takes several seconds til the message is away. Other operations go also slowly. Happens in both outlook 2000 and outlook 2003 cllients. Exchange is 2000 with SP3. ...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

MS Money Default Currency
I am new in MS Money and I changed the default currency to BHD instead of USD but when I create a new invoice, the invoice currency still showing USD? Many Thanks, Jassim Rahma I believe that the default curency is set at the account level, not the global level. Have you changed the currency for the specific account that you are now entering a transaction into? "Jassim Rahma" <JassimRahma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67D3900B-D42F-4718-89A1-85893FF40F13@microsoft.com... > I am new in MS Money and I changed the default currency to BHD instead of USD ...

Unable to open MS Access '97 databse
When opening an Access '97 format database in Access 2007. I get the below error: The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object 'Database'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. Opening the same database in Access '97, I get: The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Database'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. I have tried the standard repairs, compact. Even creating a new blank mdb and importing the ta...

Can't reach CRM Website
Hi, I have a problem with my CRM installation. I can only reach the CRM Website from the same machine, where it is installed. The CRM is installed on a SBS 2003 hosting a domain called xxx.local. My own pc is connected to a domain called abcdefg.com. I can reach the SBS 2003, by entering https://servername.xxx.local, but I can't reach the CRM Website. Can anyone tell me, what I'm doing wrong? I just get an IE Error 404. Hope someone can help me, as I need to get this up running in a jiffy :-) Brgds Thomas Thomas: Check if your CRM web site on IIS is running, and check in IIS...

Sharepoint CRM 3 Webpart
Hi, I can't find anything about this in terms of what is required. However, am I right in saying that only users with a User Licence can access this webpart? Yes "Paul Buxton" <paul@nospamspireite.ndo.co.uk> wrote in message news:13fv77ura90bi$.1hcs6axbth914.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi, > > I can't find anything about this in terms of what is required. However, > am > I right in saying that only users with a User Licence can access this > webpart? ...

Changing the domain where CRM is located
Hi, I'm installing a new domain controller on my network and I'm also changing the name of the domain. CRM 3.0 is located on its own box (SQL is stored on the same box), will the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Tool do everything I need to move CRM to the new domain? CRM will remain on the same box, I just need to connect the box to the new domain. Thanks in advanced. Regards, Cam The redeployment tool should work for this. You will need to run the export from the current system while it is still functioning. Then, follow the steps to "install" it on the servers after the...

CRM 3.0 Workflow or other to collect actual hours
I need to find away of collecting all the actual hours spent for service appointments completed and store the total in a field in my opportunity. I thought a manual workflow would work and I could select all the service appointments listed for that opportunity and run it but I can't see a way to access the parent opportunity from the workflow. Ideas welcome please. Hi Pat, This could be achieved by designing a workflow assembly or callouts and trapping the appropriate set state events. Not sure if you are a developer yourself but this should not be a difficult task for an experi...

HELP. CRM Authentication
The installation went well. But I cant open the CRMwebiste. Anytime, I get this error message: "Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Also, in CRM Deployment manager, I cant work on user manage. The error message says: "The server http://crmserver:8080/mscrmservices is nt responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient priviled...

Teams in CRM 4.0 Database
I found the FilteredTeam table but how are teams and users associated to one another in the database? Teams are a mechanism that allows regular CRM users to redefine security access settings for other users to their own work within the context of security settings that the CRM administrator has bestowed upon everybody through the application of CRM Roles. This means, for example, if you and another CRM user are connected to the same team, and both of you have the same role that lets you read a particular entity only when you own it, you can give the other CRM user read access to records you ...

Compatibility between MS Office XP and Publisher 2003
I run Windows XP and MS Office XP on my laptop at work. Our helpdesk folks are sometimes less than accurate. They are stating that Publisher 2003 is incompatible with Office XP and I'd have to go with Publisher 2002. Is this an accurate statement? When I look at sys requirements for Publisher 2003, I see nothing about requiring Office 2003 to operate. Any information would be most appreciated. Around here we refer to that department as the Helpless Desk. Yes, they are compatible. As are Office 2000 and Pub 2003. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "ATheobald" <ano...

CRM and AD problem
what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the list of users from AD? I'm login as Domain Admin and this account is also System Administrator role of MSCRM. Please advise. Hi Benjamin, is it possible this users are members of a different domain? if so, you need to create trust between the two domains. Hope this helps, Chen On May 28, 10:37 am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote: > what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the > list of users from AD? > > I'm login as Domain Ad...

CRM Desktop Shortcuts dont work with IE 7
I have noticed that after upgrading to IE 7, my CRM desktop shortcuts dont work. Actually none of my internet shortcuts are working. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance Kuven Kuven, You may want to take a look at the executable that your shortcuts point to as well as the path. They may have changed when you installed IE7. I don't have anyone using IE7 yet if the are using CRM. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 03:22:01 -0800, Kuvenp <Kuvenp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have noticed that after upgrading to IE 7, my CRM desktop shortcuts ...

Moving CRM to new hardware
I need to move CRM and SQL to a new server. Based on the Implementation Guide, I'm not sure if I should treat it as a new install or as a backup and recovery. Can anyone point me to some documentation on this? Hi, There is a redeployement tool for this. Check the MS CRM Tools. Regards, "pb" wrote: > I need to move CRM and SQL to a new server. Based on the Implementation > Guide, I'm not sure if I should treat it as a new install or as a backup and > recovery. Can anyone point me to some documentation on this? You have a few ways of doing this: 1) Do...

New Updates in the CRM
Hi, Does anyone know how I can review "new activities and updates"? Can I review all last week updates for example? If my managers want to see only the new updates - how can they see it? Is there an add-on that helps with this issue? Thanks, Na'ama Hi Naama! Can you explain in more detail what features a perfect add-on in this context should have. We have a GroupCalendar which shows you the activities of a user on a specific day,week or month. And we are working on an Activity view which should allow the users to show the activities of a account,contact,.. from a specific d...

Training Material for CRM 3.0
Is there any eCourse, class training or exams available for 3.0 yet ? I know the training guides have been completed. Whether they are available to be purchased yet is another story. Contact you MBS reseller to see if they have them yet ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "cpj" <cpj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF758215-686F-4FD3-9186-A2DE596AB67C@microsoft.com... > Is there any eCourse, class training or exams available for 3.0 yet ? ...

MS Access 2000 future support!
Does Microsoft intend ending support of Access 2000 in future? Every application (version) has an live expended date. So after that date the support will indeed be discontinued. That doesn't mean however that you can post your questions here though. Lot's of people use earlier versions and post their questions here. If possible we're happy to assist you in any questions you might have. If it's MS-support you are after that will expire after a couple of years (between 5 to 7 years after release). hth -- Maurice Ausum "SMAZ" wrote: > Does Microsoft intend ...

Can Korean IME be used in MS Publisher 2002?
Hi? Thanks for your interest! Could you tell me, whether I can use Korean IME in MS publisher 2002 to make Address Label in Korean? Thank you!!! Blake. ...

How do I find the bugs in MS Reader Add-In
I am trying to create my Personal e-Book in the MS Reader Add-in, First attempt Worked OK, 2nd attempt was to add TOC and now it failes every time, with attempting to change or modify. The Error Pop-up is; "Unable to build the eBook (error 66: Unrecognized CSS directive: '@list', This content would fail on the Pocket PC version of the Reader, and must not appera in files compatible with that version.)." Any one have any ideas?? or Information on the MS Reader Add-In on Word 2007?? Thanks Larry ...