MS CRM - license key problem

How to write organization name during instalation ?
I have write as in IG - "adventure-works" and adding license key was apeared
as incorrect.
I do not uderstand why ?
Are there another needs ?

Thanks for help.
Mariusz

0
Mariusz
10/15/2003 8:31:24 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

OK.
I have resolved problem.

;o)Mariusz

U�ytkownik "Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> How to write organization name during instalation ?
> I have write as in IG - "adventure-works" and adding license key was
apeared
> as incorrect.
> I do not uderstand why ?
> Are there another needs ?
>
> Thanks for help.
> Mariusz

0
Mariusz
10/15/2003 10:40:47 AM
I figured out the problem on the phone - in case anyone else out there
has this same issue, here is the problem:

In adsiedit (win2k support tool), find the attribute called
userAccountControl for a user who can be found by the deployment
manager.  Refer to the value in this MS URL:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305144 You
should be able to tell what the number means by referring to this
page.

Next, take a look at that same attribute for a user who cannot be
found be the deployment manager.  You should notice a different value
for such a user.  My problem was that old Novell users had a value of
'544' instead of the more common '512'.  Your values may differ from
mine depending on your configuration of AD, of course, I'm just using
an example.  I changed a '544' to a '512' without a problem.  After AD
change, I was able to add that user in deployment manager without
problem.

Another thing I never tried until after starting this post is adding a
user in the web interface, which also works.  :(

-Erik
0
Erik

Cases with no Customer
Hi The requirements for a CRM 4.0 implementation is to be able to create Cases without linking it to a Customer (Contact or Account). From the customisation section in CRM the mandatory Customer field cannot be set to optional or removed from the form. It was proposed that a dummy account is created called 'non-linked', which is used in this situation, but this will have too much of an impact on existing workflow and reports. So my questions is: Is there anyway to design the system so a Case can be created which is not linked to a Customer. And we are happy to consider unsupported so...

second post of same problem
I have outlook 2003 sort my email into folders. It has all of a sudden decided to send a number of Emails I mark as not junk to the Junk Email folder even if I am the only one on the email header. How can I get it to accept the emails into the inbox rather than the Junk Email folder? When I find an Email that is in the Junk Email Folder that I do not want marked s Junk I slelect Not Junk from my tool bar and it sends it to the inbox. Yet the next time I get an email from the same sender, It goes to Junk again. HELP!!!! Check your junk senders rules to see if there is something in th...

Problems with New Users
Hi Everybody I have problem when I create a new user in Dynamics GP 8.0 and the user wants to enter in the system inmediately appears in the following message: A get/change operation on table 'SY_End_routines_Check_MSTR' failed accessing SQL Data. So I tried to delete but the users is blocking? Any suggestions about this? Regards, Jose G. What service pack level are you on? Go to Help > About Microsoft Dynamics GP. Que nivel de parche tienes? Ve a Ayuda > Acerca de Microsoft Dynamics GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, L...

Driver installation problem
I have written function driver using KMDF for USB mass storage device.When i tried to install the driver it gives an error: "This operation requires an interactive window station." On Mar 13, 7:44=A0am, PRANAV KANT GAUR <PRANAVKANTG...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have written function driver using KMDF for USB mass storage device.Whe= n i > tried to install the driver it gives an error: > "This operation requires an interactive window station." Why are you writing your own mass storage driver? > "This operation requires an i...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem
undefined::undefined::undefined I'm modeling the development of a 57 unit housing project, and need t determine the number of units under construction in any given month The inputs are as follows: C7: Total Units 57 C8: Unit Construction Start Month: 2 C9: Unit Construction Starts per Month: 2 C10: Unit Construction Cycle (months): 5 Row 48 contains the number of housing starts by month. There are 3 columns, which represent the total months in the project. I've writte a formula which indicates the number of housing starts per month. C4 through AL46...

Wachovia charging for MS Money Access
Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April. They have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to charge me to simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they don't charge their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same thing.) So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts using Microsoft Money? Thanks. Steve No fees at Chase... It's been a ...

2004 vs 2006 handling of "Server price update problem"
You know when the server doesn't update the prices in your copy of Money, but the prices ARE available elsewhere/ the next day at MSN ? ( Like last night) NORMALLY , in M2004 that night I can see the "price change column" is correct but the price was not updated, and I do it manually ( like I just did) So for Fidelity Low Priced Stock I change see that it went up by $0.07 and since it WAS 41.74, I know the new price is $41.81 so I update it and all the other funds too. ( BTW when I need to do this, prior to starting Money, I change the date on my PC back to "yesterd...

Client License Question
I was given a task to add 3 client licenses for 3 new users. Outside of the user setup like permissions I looked at the deployment manager on the CRM Host and it shows we are licensed for lets say 300 users, only using 100. I take this to mean that I don't have to actually add additional licenses and just install the client software. Any Help CRM Newbie (To call me a newbie would be nice) Hi Jonh, Yes, it is very much possible but requires some good programming skills to develop and implement the solution. There are callouts in CRM. Using callouts, email can be sent. I have suces...

how do I install MS Office on my second computer?
I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. It runs fine. I installed MS Office (same product) on my second computer and when I try to open a new doc in Word or Excel a window pops up and tells me I have to purchase the software, because many features are disabled. "Bill the Greek" <Bill the Greek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05DD85B9-5E6E-4AB3-AE88-A5658610795D@microsoft.com... > I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. > It > runs fine. I installed MS Office (same produc...

USB comms problem
I have a Sony Vaio laptop VGN-FE38gp running WinXP Pro. It's about four years old now and is coming up with various problems (like an old car). From time to time the light on the WLAN keeps going out and I lose the Internet on wireless. The cure is a reboot and all is well. Ok, so perhaps a loose connection in the wireless adaptor. I also have a little weather station running. The module picks up the latest info by wireless and it is then connected to my laptop by USB and it gives a display and I am able to download historic data. After working fine for six months it has suddenly d...

Having Problems with AnimateWindow
hi I want to hide my application on certain conditions when the application is minimized. Till now i was using ShowWindow to achieve this and it worked fine. Now when I am using the AnimateWindow API the window gets hidden but the window's entry in the taskbar remains. I am posting the code that i have written. void CMainFrame::OnSysCommand(UINT nID, LPARAM lParam) { if ((nID & 0xFFF0) == SC_MINIMIZE) { if(bMinimizeToTray) { this->AnimateWindow(200,AW_HIDE |AW_SLIDE | AW_VER_POSITIVE); // this->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); return; } } CFrameW...

problem with outlook98 , no transport provider
i have a problem with 3 users using outlook98. They are trying to send a mail to 4000 destinations , so they send then in packs of 50 . This mail has a small attachment 100kb. Sometimes the message goes trough , but sometimes it�s returned with a message that says something like "no tranport provider available" . When they send mails to only one destinatation , everything is ok . I�ve talkin to my isp , and seems like those messages never get to them , instead , they say it�s a problem with the mapi queue of outlook98. I�ve reinstalled the outlook, created a new pst , a new profile...

Excel file locked by user/process problem
Hi all, I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network. The las person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl and everything was fine. However, today, Excel keeps saying that he' in it. I've asked him to reboot his computer. I've searched fo temporary files in the folder where the file resides. Still couldn' find anything. I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le me because it says "The file is in use." I don't care who's using i now. I just want to terminate the process and delete the file. I was going t...

Problems with nt-backup #2
I know that only the transaction logs are backed up. But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore my system if is crashes wright? Or is it better to make everyday a full backup? "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message news:%23mPbzLHwFHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup? You > understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the > transaction > logs, right? > -- > Ed Crowley > MVP - Exchange > "Protecting the world from ...

strange problem with CryptProtectData and CryptUnprotectData width WinCE 6.00
Hi all, I am working on a BSP based on i.MX27 from Freescale. To secure some datas, I want to use CrypProtectData() ans CrypUnprotectData() functions. I create a little program to test those routines and all seems to work well. I can code and decode datas as "CurrentUser". But when I restart the board, the previous crypted datas cannot be decrypted ! I always got an error 13 (Invalid Data). Anybody knows why? Do I have to include an extract dependency ? Is there something I have forgot to configure? Thanks for any help Best regards Various master keys are st...

confusing licensing
I currently have SBS 4.5 (NT4.0 & Exchange 5.5). I want to upgrade to a new exchange server as well as a directory server. I have about 75 users. Do I need to have a 75-user license for Windows Server and exchange on my exchange server as well as 75-user license on the directory server? ...

CRM default website
While installing CRM server, it can create a new website for CRM OR can use default web site. My organization has a websiteas www.xyz.com. If I provide this website while installing CRM server as a CRM website, will it add the CRM web pages to my organizations web site or will it replace the existing pages with CRM web sites pages? Please help. Thanks in advnce. -Imran Never tried this. However I would imagine that it would work with the issue that existing files might be overwritten if they have the same name as MSCRM files. For instance like default.aspx.... Not too sure why you w...

In Case You Didn't Notice
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980150 -- Regards, RD ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you installed the patch? And more importantly, does everything still work? <VBG> -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message news:%23zrTeFTwKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http:/...

Are others having problems accessing this newsgroup?
Hi, For a couple days now, when I receive a notice in my Hotmail mail about a reply to a post I made here, I click on the "Read and rate the response" link and I get: "Sorry, the page you requested is not available. The page you were looking for is currently not available. The address may not be correct, or there may be a temporary problem with this site. Please try one of the following options: Check the address for typing errors. Click the Back button and try a different option from the navigation menu. Try this page again later. For additional assistance, try one of the...

email sending problems #2
when sending emails to certain adresses, i recieve an error stating the email couldn't be sent because the adress was rejected by the server. it says "server error 550." it's really annoying because then i have to go into a webmail and send it out that way. i would say about 50% of my outgoing mail will not send because of this reason. any advice? thank you ...

Using FindFirstChangeNotification() problem
I am new to the win32 C++ language and is having a problem with inplementing the above structure, below is the code that i'm using to monitor a folder/file exclusively for renaming action: HANDLE ret=FindFirstChangeNotification(dir,true,FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_FILE_NAME); //change notification is set now start monitoring while(1){ //start wait proccess DWORD wp = WaitForSingleObject(ret, INFINITE); switch(wp) { case WAIT_OBJECT_0 : HANDLE hDir = CreateFile( dir,FILE_LIST_DIRECTORY,FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_DELETE, NULL, /* security descriptor */ OPEN_EXISTING, ...

Upgrade problems from 7.5 to 8
I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything that I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500. I can ignore the error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report Options tables? Error Code: 0 Error: Other Error (135) Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed Additional Information: Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level. Any ideas? Will...

Problems with Combobox in Userform
Hello! I need some help as I can not get around my problem. If I use a Combobox on the sheet with 4 rows the linked cell shows the number of the row selected but if I do the same in a userform with a combobox the linked cell writes out the text instead. I can�t figure out how to make the linked cell to show the number of the selected row instead. (I use the number to select witch equation to make in a later step...) Please help me on this one....... Many thanks in advance! Marcus If you use the DropDown from the Forms toolbar, you get that behavior--the index into the list, not the value ...

CRM Subject manager Access
I am having an issue viewing the subject manager and I also can not view knowledge base articles and I can not assign subjects to new cases. This just started happening. It was working great for well over 6 months and I never had a problem no I can't view or edit any subjects. I checked permissions and I have full permissions to view, edit, add and delete subjects but I can't do any of them. Any help would be great. Thanks anthony ...

Problem with 4Team for MS Outlook
I recently upgraded to the latest version of 4Team for MS Outlook. All my old data loaded up fine, but there is a problem receiving new data. Now, when someone adds an appointment to the calendar, a little envelope appears down in the bottom right of the toolbar, indicating that I have received it (as happened when using the previous version), but when I click on the project calendar, the new appointment is not displayed. We are licensed for 5 members. I am the administrator. I removed all 4 other members from the team before I upgraded and then re-added one member after downloading ...