MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available

Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows

- CRM is on premise
- 60 Outlook clients
- 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server
- 64 bit DB

CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine.
Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the
rollup 2 .EXE:

"Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available"

These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a
multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the
purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install.
About 20% of users install the rollup with no problems. I cannot
determine any difference between the working and failing clients.

In the course of diagnosing this problem, I copied the extracted
rollup files and had a failing user right-click and "Apply" the MSP
file. This APPEARS to work as these clients now have the same CRM
version number as those applying the rollup without error.

Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on the "just apply the MSP" work
around?

Thank you,
- Greg Crowe
0
greg.crowe (29)
3/25/2009 9:13:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greg,

I experienced the same error helping one of my colleagues install the CRM
4.0 update.  We have not tried the work around but I will let you know if it
works for us as well
--
Ralph

"greg.crowe@gmail.com" wrote:

> Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows
>
> - CRM is on premise
> - 60 Outlook clients
> - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server
> - 64 bit DB
>
> CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine.
> Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the
> rollup 2 .EXE:
>
> "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available"
>
> These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a
> multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the
> purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install.
> About 20% of users install the rollup with no problems. I cannot
> determine any difference between the working and failing clients.
>
> In the course of diagnosing this problem, I copied the extracted
> rollup files and had a failing user right-click and "Apply" the MSP
> file. This APPEARS to work as these clients now have the same CRM
> version number as those applying the rollup without error.
>
> Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on the "just apply the MSP" work
> around?
>
> Thank you,
> - Greg Crowe

0
Ralph6683 (34)
5/6/2009 2:04:01 AM
Hi Greg,
Can you tell me in detail what do you mean by "Just apply the msp file"?
I am experiencing the same issue here and not sure how to fix it.
Thanks!
SW

"greg.crowe@gmail.com" wrote:

> Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows
>
> - CRM is on premise
> - 60 Outlook clients
> - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server
> - 64 bit DB
>
> CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine.
> Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the
> rollup 2 .EXE:
>
> "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available"
>
> These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a
> multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the
> purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install.
> About 20% of users install the rollup with no problems. I cannot
> determine any difference between the working and failing clients.
>
> In the course of diagnosing this problem, I copied the extracted
> rollup files and had a failing user right-click and "Apply" the MSP
> file. This APPEARS to work as these clients now have the same CRM
> version number as those applying the rollup without error.
>
> Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on the "just apply the MSP" work
> around?
>
> Thank you,
> - Greg Crowe

0
SW (184)

Hi #4
I have windows XP profesional, and was wondering... How am I able to click on web links from my emails, i get in outlook express.. it used to be that way a while ago, but somehow it changed... would someone be able to help me.. Thanks ~ Victoria Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

MS Money 95 data files

data input in text box

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Wfica32.exe Error
Hi Has anyone seen a Wfica32.exe error, when working with Great Plains in Citrix environment. I did explore the Citrix web site and noticed that this error is certainly related with Citrix but couldnt get a further lead on how we cant prevent it. Strangely enough there are more than 50 users accessing Great Plains through Citrix and the error occurs only for a single user (as far as I know). This error just shuts down Great Plains abruptly and citrix session hangs as well. Any help / idea will be appreciated. Regards Samit Sounds like a problem with the ICA client on the users PC. Since ...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Sorting Data #5

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1