MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available

Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows

- CRM is on premise
- 60 Outlook clients
- 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server
- 64 bit DB

CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine.
Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the
rollup 2 .EXE:

"Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available"

These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a
multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the
purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install.
About 20% of users install the rollup with no problems. I cannot
determine any difference between the working and failing clients.

In the course of diagnosing this problem, I copied the extracted
rollup files and had a failing user right-click and "Apply" the MSP
file. This APPEARS to work as these clients now have the same CRM
version number as those applying the rollup without error.

Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on the "just apply the MSP" work
around?

Thank you,
- Greg Crowe
0
greg.crowe (29)
3/25/2009 9:13:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greg,

I experienced the same error helping one of my colleagues install the CRM
4.0 update.  We have not tried the work around but I will let you know if it
works for us as well
--
Ralph

"greg.crowe@gmail.com" wrote:

> Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows
>
> - CRM is on premise
> - 60 Outlook clients
> - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server
> - 64 bit DB
>
> CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine.
> Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the
> rollup 2 .EXE:
>
> "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available"
>
> These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a
> multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the
> purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install.
> About 20% of users install the rollup with no problems. I cannot
> determine any difference between the working and failing clients.
>
> In the course of diagnosing this problem, I copied the extracted
> rollup files and had a failing user right-click and "Apply" the MSP
> file. This APPEARS to work as these clients now have the same CRM
> version number as those applying the rollup without error.
>
> Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on the "just apply the MSP" work
> around?
>
> Thank you,
> - Greg Crowe

0
Ralph6683 (34)
5/6/2009 2:04:01 AM
Hi Greg,
Can you tell me in detail what do you mean by "Just apply the msp file"?
I am experiencing the same issue here and not sure how to fix it.
Thanks!
SW

"greg.crowe@gmail.com" wrote:

> Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows
>
> - CRM is on premise
> - 60 Outlook clients
> - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server
> - 64 bit DB
>
> CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine.
> Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the
> rollup 2 .EXE:
>
> "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available"
>
> These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a
> multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the
> purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install.
> About 20% of users install the rollup with no problems. I cannot
> determine any difference between the working and failing clients.
>
> In the course of diagnosing this problem, I copied the extracted
> rollup files and had a failing user right-click and "Apply" the MSP
> file. This APPEARS to work as these clients now have the same CRM
> version number as those applying the rollup without error.
>
> Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on the "just apply the MSP" work
> around?
>
> Thank you,
> - Greg Crowe

0
SW (184)

MS Money 95 data files

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

data input in text box

Sorting Data #5

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1