MS CRM 1.2 Vs. 1.0

Hello!

Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS CRM
1.0 and 1.2?
If not, can anybody describe them in short?

Thanks,

Doros

0
SiEBEN
10/11/2003 2:56:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nope, and I doubt we'll see that list until it comes out. Everything has
been very hush hush, except to a select few non-MS people.............but
even to that, their promises don't have a good track history.

-Gary

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS
CRM
> 1.0 and 1.2?
> If not, can anybody describe them in short?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doros

0
Gary
10/11/2003 3:48:49 PM
The only thing we know is the 1.2 release will support multiple languages
and also support the server 2003 products.

keep monitoring this newsgroup and we'll post anything we find out

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS
CRM
> 1.0 and 1.2?
> If not, can anybody describe them in short?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doros

0
John
10/12/2003 6:10:49 PM
They are also rewriting the sales outlook client .. it is currently written
in java so it is mega slow.. Plus they are making everything work on 2003..
don't expect much more then that.

2.0 will be a total rewrite.. they are going to change the .net framework
crm is written on to be the same as portal server 2.0.

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS
CRM
> 1.0 and 1.2?
> If not, can anybody describe them in short?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doros

0
Beezle
10/14/2003 12:07:01 AM
Hello,

here in Europe the showed a 1.2beta Version. During those presentations
the following differences to 1.0 where mentioned:

- Sales for Outlook will not be using DHTML any more but ASP.NET.
Therefore customizations will also be available in Outlook when they are
made in the WebClient.
- Crystal integration should be better - they will also probably use
Crystal 9
- PostCallouts will be available

They say that there will be more but that these are the 'biggest' things.

Lars

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:56:48 +0300, SiEBEN Innovative Solutions
<newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS
> CRM
> 1.0 and 1.2?
> If not, can anybody describe them in short?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doros

Lars
10/16/2003 12:10:35 PM
Lars,

PostCallouts are already available in 1.0. Perhaps you meant PreCallouts?

That would be very very cool [for my purposes at least]         : )

Cheers,
Anil

"Lars" <lars.groenhagen@NoSpam.bit-institute.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> here in Europe the showed a 1.2beta Version. During those presentations
> the following differences to 1.0 where mentioned:
>
> - Sales for Outlook will not be using DHTML any more but ASP.NET.
> Therefore customizations will also be available in Outlook when they are
> made in the WebClient.
> - Crystal integration should be better - they will also probably use
> Crystal 9
> - PostCallouts will be available
>
> They say that there will be more but that these are the 'biggest' things.
>
> Lars
>

> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:56:48 +0300, SiEBEN Innovative Solutions
> <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS
> > CRM
> > 1.0 and 1.2?
> > If not, can anybody describe them in short?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Doros

Anil
10/16/2003 1:39:45 PM
Hi Anil,

yes that should have been PreCallouts of course. Unfortunately neither
Post- nor PreCallouts will have return values in 1.2. They told me, that
they are planning that for 2.x

Lars

> Lars,
>
> PostCallouts are already available in 1.0. Perhaps you meant PreCallouts?
>
> That would be very very cool [for my purposes at least]         : )
>

> Cheers,
> Anil
>

> "Lars" <lars.groenhagen@NoSpam.bit-institute.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> here in Europe the showed a 1.2beta Version. During those presentations
>> the following differences to 1.0 where mentioned:
>>
>> - Sales for Outlook will not be using DHTML any more but ASP.NET.
>> Therefore customizations will also be available in Outlook when they are
>> made in the WebClient.
>> - Crystal integration should be better - they will also probably use
>> Crystal 9
>> - PostCallouts will be available
>>
>> They say that there will be more but that these are the 'biggest'
>> things.
>>
>> Lars
>>

>> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:56:48 +0300, SiEBEN Innovative Solutions
>> <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between
>> MS
>> > CRM
>> > 1.0 and 1.2?
>> > If not, can anybody describe them in short?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Doros
>> >

>> --
>> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Lars
10/17/2003 8:38:53 AM
AGGG!

What's the point of a PreCallout WITHOUT a return value?!

I would think the most interesting feature of a pre-callout is the ability
to abort, reject or modify  the request.

Of course you have access to the soon to be obsolete data in the database,
but I can't imagine many people need access to that? Perhaps I'm wrong.

> Hi Anil,
>
> yes that should have been PreCallouts of course. Unfortunately neither
> Post- nor PreCallouts will have return values in 1.2. They told me, that
> they are planning that for 2.x
>
> Lars
>

> > Lars,
> >
> > PostCallouts are already available in 1.0. Perhaps you meant
PreCallouts?

> > That would be very very cool [for my purposes at least]         : )
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Anil
> >

> > "Lars" <lars.groenhagen@NoSpam.bit-institute.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> here in Europe the showed a 1.2beta Version. During those presentations
> >> the following differences to 1.0 where mentioned:
> >>
> >> - Sales for Outlook will not be using DHTML any more but ASP.NET.
> >> Therefore customizations will also be available in Outlook when they
are
> >> made in the WebClient.
> >> - Crystal integration should be better - they will also probably use
> >> Crystal 9
> >> - PostCallouts will be available
> >>
> >> They say that there will be more but that these are the 'biggest'
> >> things.
> >>
> >> Lars

> >> MS

> >> --
> >> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Anil

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

CRM 4.0 Outlook RPC pver http
hi, A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees have Outlook configured using RPC over http. These users can use CRM using the web client and need access thru outlook. Is RPC over http supported in CRM 4.0 ? What are the issues involved in getting Outlook to work with CRM 4.0 ? I am yet to review the implementation guide for this situation, any other blog or guide I need to refer ? Thanks in advance. On Aug 14, 1:53=A0am, ShawnK <Sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > > A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

Outlook vs. Netscape
Hello all, Maybe someone can help me. I'm encoutering a weird bug and I'd like to get to the bottom of it and fix it. I have a system using Windows XP Pro as an OS. I have the Office 2002 suite and for my mail service I use OUTLOOK (not xpress). I had the McAfee 2003 anti-virus installed which I removed for technical reasons (annoying tests) and the compuetr was sacnned free from viruses..... I have an account set up in OUTLOOK, my outgoing and incoming servers are exactly what they are supposed to be, I can receive all mail but for some odd reason I'm unable to send anything fr...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

MS Excel Paste Special>Paste All
Using MS Excel 2003 Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> Column Widths and Paste Special>All. >>Am I always required to do the two step dance Yes<g>. -- Jim "Excel User" <Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D34ED9D-5BD6-43AD-8773-1EB7229309B2@microsoft.com... | Using MS Excel 2003 | | Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I | always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> ...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Return Money 2005 DIRECTLY to MS :)
Just read the conditions of the 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and MS will refund "reasonable" S&H costs up to $7! If you're unhappy w/ Money 2005, I can't think of a better way to get your opinion across than to send it back directly to MS (along with the "explanation for return" that they request) AND stick them with the shipping bill. :) If you return it to the store, the best MS will ever learn is that it was defective. Sending it back to Redmond lets them know they just paid $5 extra for a product they rushed out. Your voice will instantly take on as much...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...