Moving SQL to new Server

I am currently running MSCRM and SQL on the same box, and I plan on moving
the DB's to another server that will be dedicated to this one task. Aside
from restoring the DB's from my backup on the current server, using serfver
manager to re-associate SQL and CRM, and reinstalling Exchange connector what
else do I need to do? After replication is enabled on the new SQL server, do
i need to reinstall the SFO client or will it simply work? Any insight is
greatly appreciated!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

New Server for Small Hospital
Hi, I have a Windows 2000 server running one Domain, AD, Exchange 2000. We just ordered a new Windows 2003 server which I want to replace the old server with for all those jobs and leave the old server as a back up. How do I replicate the AD and Exchange folders to the new server? We only have about 80 users, should I run all these services from the same server or let the old server run DNS and filesharing etc.? I have a 250 GIG External HD I can use to exmerge. Thanks -- Tim Branch Covenant Hospital Plainview On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:38:01 -0800, Tim <timb@covenantplainview.org> w...

Moving subcategories into an existing category
I imported a QIF from somebody who had at least a hundred categories. I'd like to move and make these subcategories under existing categories to clean up my view. Is there a way? Accounts & Bills|Payees & Categories|Move...??? Be sure to recognize how this works. If you want to move Food:Groceries to Miscellaneous:Groceries, TELL Money that you want to move it to Miscellaneous:Groceries. If you just tell it you want to move it to Miscellaneous, that's exactly what you'll get. "Carol" <gregandcarol@cox.net> wrote in message news:072001c37d8d$61e34190$...

Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?
Hi all When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is not really end user friendly. Anyone knows something more about this issue? Have fun :-) iStephan Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote details in one call - at least it ...

Recovery Storage Groups on seperate server
Environment - One Exchange 2003 Standard Server SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1 with one Storage Group - 4 databases under that storage group. Problem - Currently I am expermenting in our test environment with the use of Recovery Groups in an attempt to create a more timely DR process. Is there anyway to have the restored databases for a Recovery Storage Group on a seperate server from the original databases? In other words can you somehow point the recovery storage groups to something other than a local drive? I've attempted trying to point just using a mapped network drive, but rec...

Backup mail server deliver for given mail domain
I have two completely independent exchange servers running in two physically different locations. In my case I have an MX record that states #1 should be the primary mail handler for a domain and #2 the backup. My problem is that some people use #2 as their main server and whenever they send mail to an address that #2 is the backup for, it doesn't get sent to the #1 server, but rather delivered locally. Is there a way that I can configure #2 to first try to deliver the mail to the primary mail server for that domain? I hope this is clear. Thanks Exchange will never lookup DNS if mail ...

new email
When creating a new email my email address does not automatically populate and when I type in the body of the email, nothing appears. ...

Create new text file for export
I have minimal knowledge of VBA. I have been surching google all day yesterday to solve this problem and found no solutions that work. I am trying to create a new FDF file to export data to a PDF form and launch the file on a button click. I am having trouble with creating the new file. The code I am using (and is not working) is the following: Private Sub FDF_Click() Dim stPDFdata As String Dim chkName As String 'I want to check to see if the fdf file exists and if not make a new one. I know this works for directories but it does not check for the file. Need h...

Curious Reaction to subform SQL statement
Here's a poser for the experienced... I have created a form whose header allows the user to enter a partspec of a persons last name so as to identify and retrieve that individual's personal record. The entry of the partspec & clicking a cmd button triggers a VB routine which creates the following SQL statement: MySQL = "SELECT * FROM [qryFindRec] WHERE [ClientLastName]Like" & Chr(39) & [LookForRec] & Chr(42) & Chr(39) (where [qryFindRec] is a query containing enough fields to positively identify the individual. and [LookForRec] is the na...

Folder permissions not inheriting from parent (Server 2008 R2) ?
I am having problems with sub folders/files not inheriting the permissions set on a top level folder. I have a top level folder c:\foo which is set NOT to inherit from parent, and I select copy the permissions from c:\ when I untick inherit. I then add a number of user permissions to that folder, checking the Replace permission entries on all child objects..... check box. If I reopen properties/security/advanced security for foo the permissions are set correctly. If I create a file in foo, this has the correct permissions. If I create a folder bar in foo, this inherits the use...

Converting .ost from ANSI to UNICODE during mailbox moves
One of the majore benefits of E2k3 sp2 that we are looking forward to as a result of our migration are the improvements in OAB downloads for cached mode users. The reading I've done says you must be running in Unicode mode in order to take advantage of these new features. Currently, all our mailboxes are on 5.5 servers, thus their cached mode .ost/.oab files are ANSI. When a mailbox is moved, they remain ANSI. MS KB article and ORK suggest that the solution is to use the Outlook Group Policy setting Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore OST setting. I've been experimenting with th...

Win2k8 Server with Exchange?
Hi, Is Win2k8 Server comes with Microsoft Exchange or do we have to buy MS Exchange separately? Thanks, Garu Hello Garu, Exchange is a separate software. Or you use Windows small business server, which has limitations as only 75 users for example. http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/compare-features.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hi, > ...

Specify two server accounts
Hi, My MS Outlook is set up for two server accounts: Account 1 - In: work server, Out: work server, User info: work e-mail address Account 2 - In: home server, Out: home server, User info: work e-mail address I've set up the user info to show my work e-mail address in both cases because I reply to a lot of work e-mails at home. However, I also check and respond to home e-mails while I'm at work (using the work server); and also respond to home emails at home (using the home server). I would like my sent e-mails to show my home e-mail address. So I set up these additional ...

Embedded image moved to file problem
Hi All Somebody has sent me an email with embedded/attached images in it, but all of the images appear to be small 2KB snapshots of the original pic icons rather than the actual pics. For example, if I double-click one of these jpgs I get the standard windows jpg icon with the original filename underneath. As if they have done a print screen on the original icons, cut them out and emailed these to me. Thing is they didn't! They just attached the pics to an email and sent it. Only points to note are: a) there is an incredimail smiley gif pic (which has come through OK) so I'm assu...

LDAP Operations on Exchange Server
Here is my current setup: 2 Window 2003 servers running Active Directory, both GC's An Exchange 2003 Server with a migration from a Windows 5.5 Exchange server. I've checked the Recipient Update Service on my Exchange server and both are pointing to NT4DC which is an upgrade of a NT4 PDC to Windows 2k3 domain controller. I am getting these two errors on a continious basis: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSADC Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026 Date: 1/16/2006 Time: 10:35:41 AM User: N/A Computer: NT4DC Description: LDA...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

Exchange Server Renaming
I have a problem which I am fairly sure I already know the answer to but just thought I would get a second opinion. Exchange Server 2003 machine with seriously low hardware spec. I want to move this onto new hardware. I have an Exchange Organisation with 7 exchange servers. The suggestion was that I install this new server, transfer all the mailboxes(600+) onto it allow replication etc. to occur then decommision the old exchange server, and here is the interesting part RENAME the new exchange server to the old servers name so that the naming convension is right. No my instant reaction...

Virtual memory fragmentation in Windows 2000 Server
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 Server. The following happens with Trend Micro Scanmail services disabled. When I start the Information Store service I have a 376 meg VM Largest Block Size. Throughout the day the VM Largest Block Size decreases to about 170 meg. About an hour after the online defrag starts on the mailbox store the VM Largest Block Size instantly dives to 70 meg. This happens every day. I receive no errors in the event log and the virtual memory does not decrease below 70 meg. I have run isinteg on the private store until there are no errors and this still hap...

Check box contols move!
I have a spreadsheet with numerous check boxes. Everything looks great when I do a "print preview", but after I close the preview and return to the spreadsheet, a bunch of the check boxes have moved! Have I got a property improperly set, or is it something more sinister? I've looked all over, and can't find an explanation of what the various property settings mean... Bill Hi Bill, See: Controls move to the left of the worksheetin Microsoft Excel 2002http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 --- Regards, Norman "William M. Bickley" &l...

moving Outlook 2003 to new laptop
I have a new laptop (Windows 7) and am trying to move my Outlook 2003 over to it. It won't accept the password I put in, no matter what I try. Yet my old laptop will still accept the login. I've tried (on the old computer) to reset my password but the "new" one I change to still won't be recognized on the new laptop. Do I need to cancel Outlook 2003 login off the old laptop first? Thanks. Kristine Are you asking about your login to the computer? Or is your PST file prompting you for a password? Or is this in your account set up, are you being prompt...

How do i calculate a 50 moving averager?
When generating a trendline, the original data still remains. Is there a way to get rid of the data (other than changing the color to white) and simply having the trendline? I was thinking if it is not an option i can calculate the moving averager and merely graph that column. Let me know what is the best way to go about this....Thank you I don't think you can maintain the trendline if you remove the underlying data. You can simply create a new column to graph which is the moving average by using the average command and then dragging it down. By this I mean lets say you had a ...

New computer #2
I was running Outlook Express on my Microsoft Millenium computer. I have just purchase a new computer running Microsoft XP. The computers are home computers. How do I access my old mail on my new computer? On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:13:21 -0800, "Katherine" <khannifo@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I was running Outlook Express on my Microsoft Millenium >computer. I have just purchase a new computer running >Microsoft XP. The computers are home computers. How do >I access my old mail on my new computer? This is a help group for Microsoft Outlook. Despite the s...

Exchange Migration : Consolidation of 2 AD domains in a new forest
I've done some research about this topic but there seems to be a lot of contradictory information posted on the web. Below I tried to describe the scenario and put some questions so that we could discuss here. Many thanks --------------------------------------------------- GOAL Migrate AD users (Windows 2003) and Exchange 2003 (2 servers in the same organization) from FORESTOLD to FORESTNEW REASON Need to consolidate 2 domains in one with a new name STEPS S1. Install Exchange in the new forest S2. Migrate users to the new forest - Use ADMT to move users - Set option to move sIDHis...

Migration to new domain and upgrade CRM1.2 Standard to 3.0
Hi, I'll be glad for any answer or any suggest to the following case: We plan to do the upgrade CRM1.2 to 3.00 for one of our clients but during this process the migration to new domain will be executed as well. -First, we plan to migrate 1.2 to new domain and afterwards upgrade to 3.0 (in new domain). For this steps, a new machine will be configured: Windows 2003 Server, SQL 2005 (destination server CRM 3.0 in new domain), Exchange 2003 but still the old Server CRM1.2 (old domain) will be worked because users will still work on that CRM 1.2. I want ot underline that users were mi...

Choosing unlocked new record
I am trying in a multi-user environment to have each user able to add data to the next available, unlocked record. I am thinking this is a query, but not sure. I am set to share the database with record-level locking. I have a query that finds the next available record, but when another user runs the query, it chooses the same record even though another user is entering data. Obviously it creates an error later, but I want to avoid the error altogether by having each sequential user that runs that query to enter data on the next, unlocked (unused) record. Can anyone help? I am no...

SMTP works intermittently after FE servers set as NLB pair
After setting two FE servers in an NLB pair (both with smtp previously working), some mail servers cannot open SMTP sockets to the FE NLB pair. IT seems to be only windows boxes odly enough. When i create the pair, OWA, OMA and Activesync work fine as does a telnet to port 25. However, some machines cannot telnet to port 25..all machines in question that have proven unable to access are running win2k or win2k3....sendmail and qmail can open a smtp session to the NLB pair just fine. ANy ideas? On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:02 -0700, knightly <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...