Moving SQL Databases to another drive results in error

I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more
space and I get a replication error.  Is there any documentation to help me
move these successfully??

McKenzie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90

you can do this but you need to disable replication and re-enable =
afterwards
Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the database you want to move and =
then=20
choose the option (after right click) to detach the database,then move =
the database files (*.mdf and *.ldf) and then attach database back to =
SQL Server.=20

take full backups of the database before trying this just to be safe

--=20
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.mscrmfaq.us

"McKenzie" <McKenzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has =
more=20
> space and I get a replication error.  Is there any documentation to =
help me=20
> move these successfully??
>=20
> McKenzie
------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you can do this but you need to disable =
replication=20
and re-enable afterwards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the =
database you=20
want to move and then <BR>choose the option (after right click) to =
detach=20
the&nbsp;database,then move the database files (*.mdf and *.ldf) and =
then attach=20
database back to SQL Server. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>take full backups of the database =
before trying=20
this just to be safe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-- <BR>John =

O'Donnell<BR>Microsoft CRM MVP<BR></FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.mscrmfaq.us"><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>http://www.mscrmfaq.us</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"McKenzie" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:McKenzie@discussions.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>McKenzie@discussions.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:6B01663A-0991-471A-BE46-F2A07C1B866F@microsoft.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:6B01663A-0991-471A-BE46-F2A07C1B866F@microsoft.com</FONT></=
A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; I =
am trying to=20
move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more <BR>&gt; space =
and I=20
get a replication error.&nbsp; Is there any documentation to help me =
<BR>&gt;=20
move these successfully??<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; McKenzie</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90--

0
John

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

compact database in VBA access 2007

Problem with Database Wizard

error 553

80070005 error #2

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

Outlook to SQL
The problem is this I'm trying to get my Contact list that was created on a Exchange Server to a SQL table. How do I do this with keeping the Database created in SQL up-to-date via Outlook. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm and = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm for tools to help with = this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "ErikSQLConfuser" <ErikSQLConfuser@discussions.microsoft.com...

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...