Moving from 3.0 to 4.0 - episode ll

Hi

based on Rob Mottrams and Patrick Verbeeten earlier answers to my
postings - I now have the following plan;

1) From the production enviroment copy the databases (MSCRM and
METABASE) to the test enviroment and restore them there on that 32 bit
SQL server.
2) Run the CRM 4.0 installation on top of the CRM 3.0 installation in
the test enviroment - (that way database, workflows etc. gets
upgraded) the 4.0 install process also creates the MSCRM_config
database.
3) Then move the upgraded databases (MSCRM, METABASE and MSCRM_config)
back in production and restore them there.
4) Install CRM 4.0 on the new x64 bit servers and point during the
installation to the upgraded databases.

that should do the job - or?

thx for any feedback!
0
hwa001 (11)
7/21/2008 1:48:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Don't think the METABASE is required, but your plan sounds good to me.

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jul 21, 8:48=A0am, GhostRider <hwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> based on Rob Mottrams and Patrick Verbeeten earlier answers to my
> postings - I now have the following plan;
>
> 1) From the production enviroment copy the databases (MSCRM and
> METABASE) to the test enviroment and restore them there on that 32 bit
> SQL server.
> 2) Run the CRM 4.0 installation on top of the CRM 3.0 installation in
> the test enviroment - (that way database, workflows etc. gets
> upgraded) the 4.0 install process also creates the MSCRM_config
> database.
> 3) Then move the upgraded databases (MSCRM, METABASE and MSCRM_config)
> back in production and restore them there.
> 4) Install CRM 4.0 on the new x64 bit servers and point during the
> installation to the upgraded databases.
>
> that should do the job - or?
>
> thx for any feedback!

0
darrenliu (251)

MS POS 1.0 showing blank forms (!?)
I'm trying to run it on Windows XP Pro, it does install but when i try to to use it(The Manager as i can't even activate the syste,), it shows oly empty forms(without any controls, fields, buttons etc). Anyone has had this problem? How to solve this? Thanks ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 34047 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## What service pack is your XP Pro o...

Newbie question #4
Please help, I'm a total Excel newbie. I need to create a spreadsheet that works pretty much like a checkbook register. I need to be able to make daily entries of deposits and withdrawals (dollar amounts) and keep a running balance. I don't want the balance column to extend all the way down the worksheet either zero (if that's the current balance) or the most recent balance . Excel help on "Calculate the running balance" says to "copy this formula into the current balance cell for each new transaction." Is there a way to extend the formula without having ...

What Changed in Entourage 12.2.4
I installed the Office2008-1224UpdateEN.dmg and have no issues but would like to know what changes were made to Entourage. The blurb from Microsoft talked about an Excel fix but said nothing about Entourage; however, it advanced the version number. Anyone found a list of Entourage 12.2.4 changes? On 3/10/10 5:26 PM, aRKay wrote: > I installed the Office2008-1224UpdateEN.dmg and have > no issues but would like to know what changes were > made to Entourage. The blurb from Microsoft talked > about an Excel fix but said nothing about Entourage; > however, it advan...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #4
I've used the template wizard to create a template with an associated database (workbook format). However, after opening the template and entering data, I do not get the "Template File-Save to Database" dialog box. I just get the standard file/save dialog box. What am i missing??? ...

Font problems #3
I have had a sudden glitch in Publisher 07 that's never happened before: when I open an existing publication (also created in Pub. 07), I get a popup that tells me "One or more embedded fontd used in this publication are preview-only..." and then it goes on to tell me what that means. If I click "Cancel," I can't get into the file; if I click "OK" the file opens, but I can't edit it. Thing is, I didn't CHANGE A THING when I saved the file previously, and it was working just fine! I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing helps. ...

Can't eliminate flicking of chart on every calculate #4
I am using Excel 2002. I have real time data being charted , and I manually calculate ranges and sheets as needed. This is not a problem. I have recently added charts to plot this data. Every time there is a recalculation anywhere on the sheet (even areas not being charted) the charts flicker. Since there is new data multiple times per second , this is a problem. Yes, I know about Application.DisplayAlerts = False, and tried inserting that before EVERY calculation call. I even went so far as to use the LockWindowUpdate api call, which freezes the entire app. Unfortunatel...

Time formatting #3
Hi Just a quick question one of my calculations returns a length of tim in hours in a decimal format. I was wondering if there was a way t format the cell so that for example if the figure 53.5 was returne then the cell would display the value 53:30 (for 53 hours 30 minutes). the best that i can get so far is using " ?/60" to return: 53 30/60 This isn't as neat as i would like. I have tried the date/tim formatting options but they only seem to return things like 12:00:00. Any ideas -- dzi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dziw's Profile...

Not Able to Move Indent Markers
Hello! For some reason, when I insert a bulleted list into my document, my indent markers on the ruler are frozen. Any idea as to why I am not able to move them? Please advise. Thanks! Note that the safest approach to change the indentation of numbered lists is via the numbering options. Which version of Word are you using? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8992DC9-1C2F-4AD1-8F48-779A254DF631@microsoft.com... > Hello! > > For some reason, when I insert a bulleted list ...

Moving among protected sheets
Hello all, It appears that I can not use the [Ctrl] + [PgUp/PgDn] to move from a protected sheet. Can anyone verify this? When I try the [Ctrl] + [PgUp/PgDn] key combo on a protected sheet, it acts like [Alt] + [PgUp/PgDn]: The worksheet scrolls left/right one page at a time. What if I do not have my sheet tabs showing? How do I move to other sheets (keyboard or mouse) when the sheet is protected and sheet tabs are not shown? I have tried on XL XP and [Ctrl] + [PgUp/PgDn] works OK for me, whether or not any of the sheets are protected - also OK if sheet tabs are hidden. What XL ...

Moving the Mailbox Store in Exchange 2003
I have used the Exchange System manager to move the log files and the streaming database file (priv1.esm) to a new, larger drive but when I tell the system to move priv1.edb the sytem copies the file, says it is at 100% and then just spins, never finishing the database entry and re-mounting the store. I look and find the file now in 2 places and the System Manager still has the entry referencing the original location. I can then re-mount the store at its original location and things run fine. Is there a way to dismount the store, copy it to the new location and then manually chang...

How do I move to the next blank field after a requery?
I have a running quiz form using a dropdown box which is used to compare answers, all works well, except for... After I requery a form's underlying query, it goes back to the first record I want it to go to the next blank field. Below is the code (for now I have it set to go to Last record which is preferable to goto first) If Me.CurrentRecord >= 2 Then Me.Requery Me.Recordset.MoveLast The combo box is: 'Combo_Answer_A' The (field) control source is: AnswerA The Form's Row Source is: SELECT tbl_Final_Points_Test.Run_point_Address_A, tbl_Final_Points_Test...

Duplicate entries #3
How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file? Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them out? Cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dancingbear72" <dancingbear72.yhu4c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dancingbear72.yhu4c@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I weed out duplicates in an excel file? > > Do I just sort them and look through or is there a way to pick them > out? > > Cheers ...

Mutiple Conditional Formatting (more than 4)
Is there a way to have more than the 4 conditional formatting? I have a sheet that I want 12 conditional formatting. All looking in colum A and highlighting each one with a different color. Hi Phillip You need VBA to do this Here is a example that use the Change event of the worksheet Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code. Paste the event in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel. This example will only work in column A Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 1 Then Dim Number Number = Target.Value Select Case Number Case 1 To 5 Target.In...

Moving recipient mailbox across two domains
Hi All, My setup is as following. Two sub domain under acme.com (W2K+ EXCH2K) are trusted. a.acme.com and b.acme.com have different recipient address policy for differnt domains. A user from office a (a.acme.com) is being internally transferred to office b(b.acme.com) And the questions are: 1. How and what should I prepare or use to move this user from domain A to domain B? 2. Will user carry the domain b recipient address policy automatically after the move? Any help is much appreciated, thank you! -- On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:27:01 +0800, "Tigeron" <tigeron@.no.com> wr...

Moving exchange database to anotrher drive
I have a big contact database with objects and pictures in them. I'm running low on my server's C-Drive and I would like to transfer my exchange 2003 database to D-Drive. How can I move the exchange 2003 database from C to D properly? Here is a link that should help you out: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html Hope this helps -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Ced Joson" <ccjoson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:02e701c3d18d$f5705700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a big contact database with objects ...

how do i use arrow keys to move from cell to cell
how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow keys only move my scroll bars kiki You might try touching your scroll lock key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kikikranx" <kikikranx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D693A58E-9164-45C8-B047-9211115D3A16@microsoft.com... > how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow > keys only move my scroll bars > > kiki kiki Tap your ScrLk(scroll lock) key to toggle out of this mode. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:47...

How to move Crystal GP Report from test to live environment
I am brand new to Crystal, having just dove in yesterday. For my first project, I created a simple customer invoice using Great Plains data on my test laptop. How can I move this report to my client's live environment? Any advice is very much appreciated! Thanks a bunch. -- Janey I'm going to assume you created an ODBC DSN that points to the TWO database on your laptop. I would create an ODBC connection on the client's workstations. Make sure the name is the same on each one. Within Crystal Reports XI is a Database menu. On that menu is an option named "Set Dat...

Access Data Base linked to Excel needs to be moved
I have an Excel workbook that is linked to an Access data base. User's enter data into Access and Managers use the Excel spreadsheet to filter the information. We need to move both the data base and the workbook to another location on our network, but it looks like the person that created all this stuff 3 years ago (and who is no longer with the company) hard coded the link between Access and Excel. Is there any way to change the path without re-creating everything? I can use either Excel/Access XP or 2003 Thanks in advance for any help Joseph K I think you'll need to pro...

IMF v2
Hello, all looks like running fine. Messages will be blocked and stored to the archive folder. But messages which should be moved to the Junk-e-Mail folder are always in the Inbox. Do you have any idea why? Thank you for help Tom Make sure the Junk Email folder is enabled for each mailbox. Check these links: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/015/outlookjunk.htm http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/008/centraljunk.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Thomas Kie...

Macro help! #3
I have a spreadsheet that tracks movement of machines in different locations. I have two sheets. one sheet gets changed weekly to show the weekly totals for each loacation (16 locations all together) and the other is a yearly production for each loaction. what i want to do is have the yearly sheet update the quanitity each time the weekly sheet is updated. for example if the weekly sheet reads 5 for memphis and 3 for los angeles for week 1, the yearly will show 5 for memphis and 3 for los angeles. but when week 2 rolls around i change the values of the weekly sheet where memphis is no...

corrupted Money 4.0 file
Unexpected crashing of Money 4.0 has corrupted existing file and it will not reopen. Existing (intrinsic)repair utility fails ('error signature' message) as does latest salvage.exe operation ('no broken record' message) Program uninstalled and reinstalled and runs old backup files correctly but not recent ones (attempts to repair all of these - unsuccessfully) Most recent good backup 3 months old - lots of data to re- enter if I cannot fix corrupted file(s) Any other utilities available? Could later versions open (repair) a 4.0 file if it is unhealthy ? Grateful for a...

Outlook 2000 after upgrade to patch 3, advance find not working
After upgraded from Patch 1 to Patch 3, when I do a advanced search, even though there are only 1 mail in a folder, the advanced find still cannot find the mail after more than 1 minute eventhough the searching criteria is correct. Before the upgrade things works fine. Any idea? Regards, ...

Cash Flow Question #4
Hello - I'm trying to use budget items in my Cashflow Forecast. However, that option is disabled in my Cash Flow settings dialog. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to enable it? Jeff Are you using the S&S Budget or the Essential Budget? I'm not sure, but you may need to be using Advanced Budget. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=186 for how to get there if you are using M07 or above. "smartypants1138" <smartypants1138@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C457D3A-C072-484F-863D-C9E1D48BD551@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use bu...

What does C:\PGOG~1\Hotbar\bin\451~1.0 mean when starting Outlook
It means that Outlook can't load an addin that is part of Hotbar. Hotbar to me is malware, so I would uninstall it and try starting Outlook. If you still get this error after Hotbar is uninstalled, then erase the file named outcmd.dat while Outlook is closed. Next time Outlook starts, it will regenerate it and hopefully your error message will be gone. "NeedToKnow" <NeedToKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6FE6BDB-1F1E-47B6-BA75-10A709522C98@microsoft.com... > NeedToKnow <NeedToKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing>...

I'm getting the #DIV/0! error
When I'm calculating for a % I entered the IF formula =IF(B10=0,"",B10/C10) and it worked ok when B10 was 0 but how would you modify this formula if either B10 or C10 were 0? The result can display 0 for my purposes. Thanks. Try it like this... =IF(OR(B10=0,C10=0),0,B10/C10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Reverand Mooney" <ReverandMooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E58E8561-FA39-43A5-95C4-B21A5B55E391@microsoft.com... > When I'm calculating for a % I entered the IF formula > =IF(B10=0,"",B10/C10) ...