moving emails to another contact

I have two contacts that are the same person, with the same email address.  I
want to clean out and delete one of the contacts.  Both contact records have
had emails associated with them.  How do I change one contacts emails to be
linked to the other contact so I can delete the first contact?  I can't see
how this can be done without just changing the raw data in the table.  Thank
you.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

adding disclaimer to outbound email
We are using outlook 2003/exchange2003/w2003 server and need to add a disclaimer to all outbound emails. we tried the suggestion in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317327 to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Trez Blencowe http://www.exclaimer.com/US/Home.htm -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "trez@trezonline.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:055701c4abf6$e7038a90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are using outlook 2003/exchange2003/w2003 server a...

Assigning Muliple Email addresses to the same user
Hi I am still new to exchange and would appreciate any help. We currently have a single domain set up and a single exchange 2003 server. Our client has many public faces and some users have 2-3 email addresses each from a different domain. Example: Johns@company1.com.au Johns@Company2.com.au Currently these mail domains are hosted externally and We would like to incorporate them in our exchange invornment. Is it possible to assign a user multiple address from different domains. If how should I go about it. Thanks you for your consideration. Tom Hosting Multiple domains look at ...

cannot send email 06-28-10
just installed windows live and get following error message when trying to send an email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject '1985 Class C Motor Home - $4500 (Loveland)', Account: 'gmail.com', Server: 'gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.des...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

How to export contacts
I've set up another user account on my system and want to use the same contact list as my other user account. "Export" doesn't seem to give me the option I want. How do I do this? What is the file name for contacts? Thanks! In Outlook go to File, Export, select Export to a File create a file of type *.PST, click the Contacts folder and you should be good with the rest... "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ac0001c44f02$a5c24e00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've set up another user account on my system and want to >...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

Email report that is filtered to one record
I have a database that has three different forms. To navigate from one form to the other and keep the same record, I have an [Event Procedure] set up. Additionally, to print the report for the one recored, I have another [Event Procedure] that filters the report to the record that is displayed. The procedure is as follows: Private Sub printallpages_Click() If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else str...

Contacts show up as e-mail!
I had some hard disk problems, and some of my Outlook 2000 files got discombobulated. I have managed to (partially) restore some of them, but have run into a problem. The Contacts file shows up with column headers as though it was an e-mail file. However, when I click on a specific record, it is displayed properly in a Contact form. Is there any way I can restore the proper headers to the file, or can I regenerate the file other than from each individual record? Anxiously awaiting your response! Al Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch. If you need help using Outlook c...

move mailbox from 2003 to 2007 creates shared mailbox
I just moved my first mailbox from our 2003 backend server to our new 2007 mailbox server. Now I see the mailbox listed in the console as a shared mailbox instead of a legacy mailbox. I can't find information about how to prepare a 2003 mailbox for moving so it would become a normal mailbox instead of a shared mailbox. I can't find information about how to convert a shared mailbox to a normal mailbox. Any pointers will be appreciated. ...

Referencing data from one cell within the text of another
I am looking for a way to reference data from one cell to be used in the text of another seperate cell. This is for the purpose of looking up stock tickers, where I want to be able to put in the ticker itself (usually a 2 or 3 letter stock ticker) and then have it placed automatically into a web address (hyperlinked) in a seperate cell. For example, I want to be able to place "TA" in one cell (without quotations, of course) and in another cell have it placed at the end of the following web address: "http://www.tsx.ca/HttpController?GetPage=QuotesViewPage&DetailedView=Detai...

2003 PF email enable
Hi I have a SBS2003 with exchange running in Native mode and exchange SP2, if i create a public folder in outlook 2003 and then go to the server in esm and right click the new public folder i do not get the task option to "email enable". Has this been turned off by a previous manager or is it turned off by SP2 any asistance would be great When you right-click, are you looking under All Tasks first? The mail-enable option is under that option. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Paul" <Paul@discussi...

happy face symbol in emails
How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, rather than doing it this way? :-) Try typing :) -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "newfinserv" wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it this way? :-) newfinserv wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it ...

Move POS database to another server sql 2005 instance
I have moved the database but POS fails to connect with error: Could not connect to the database. Make sure you type the correct computer name. Also, make sure the computer that has the database is avasilable and that the port you specify is the correct one. can connect to the instance from the POS wrkstn. Tried SA and domain administrator accounts. Any info greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston jenifern wrote: > Any info greatly appreciated. Now the database is on the same physical server or not? Do you can connect via sqlcmd utility? cod ...

AOL contacts
Is it possible to import my AOL contacts into WLM? -- Mike Look in your AOL for the ability to export your contacts as a *.csv file(comma separated values). WLM supports importing contacts from a csv file or individual vcf files, a wab file(OE' Address book), Outlook Address book, and Windows Contacts(Vista Windows Mail) - Contacts/File/Import If you have a Hotmail account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, or MSn.com) which is also a Live ID and use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live in WLM, then you have an additional import option in the web UI(contacts.live.com select Manag...

onchange: paste contents into another column
I am making an update form. I want the form to onchange of CurrentPrice, store CurrentPrice in OldPrice column. Is there are query or way to do this in Access? So when the user starts to enter data in CurrentPrice, then the program pastes whatever is in CurrentPrice into OldPrice. I will create some way to update the time when record changed. Please help me if you know how to do this. Thanks, Misty -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:29:20 GMT, "Mitchell_Collen via AccessMonster.com" &...

How to format cell depend on combo choice from another cell
Hi I have tried to find out from earlier messages but failed. I am looking for the following I need to fill in payments from our customers. In the left column I choose via combo box the currency of the invoice. How to get the cell account formatting (format cell -> Number ->Accounting) from all cells right of it in the currency that I choose from the combo? So: A1 B1 C1 etc. Combo: Cell format: US Dollar USD USD Euro EUR EUR Thank you Bart Excel 2003 You can't change the format of a cell w...

moving text #2
I have a section of a book I'm writing in Publsher 2007 that started on page 15, and somehow continues on page 36. This probably happened as I tried to cut some of the material out of page 15 and copy it to page 36. The problem I'm having is that if I try to cut the material left on page 15 and paste it on page 36, a continuation of what followed page 15 fills in, in the space on page 15 that I had cut. There is no overflow icon on the bottom of page 15, but somehow the whole story follows from there. If I disconnect the subsequent pages from page 15, I then get an overflow ico...

Where do I find lost email messages in Outlook?
I use Outlook 2003 for email. Suddenly today all of my "Sent" messages in folders have disappeared. Can anyone help by advising me how I can retrieve them please? Are you using a view that hides read messages? Are you using AutoArchive? Do you have more than 1 pst? Switch to the folder list view (Ctrl+6) to check for more sent folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EM...

blocking email #3
is there any way to block a specific email address from sending to me? Hi rebecca, you cant block, but you could delete it by creating rules. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "rebecca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5fef01c474ce$64431760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way to block a specific email address from > sending to me? > rebecca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there any way to...

Outlook contacts #25
Just a quick question involving Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. Can Outlook 2007 be set to use the Contacts section of your profile to store contacts, rather than within its own Personal Folders file? Do you mean in the Windows Address Book or whatever it's called now in Vista? If so, no. Outlook only looks in its own stores for contacts (PST, Exchange mailbox, etc) "Test Man" <testman@test.org> wrote in message news:ORljBShaHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Just a quick question involving Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. Can > Outlook 2007 be set to use ...

messaging interface has returned an unknown error when accessing the contacts in Outlook 2003
I'm getting the following error when I attempt to create a new email message in Outlook 2003. This happens when I click on the to to open up the address book. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error I'm running the latest updates for Office 2003 and this only happens to one user accessing his MS Exchange contacts. If I have another user create a message and selecting the to for his outlook contacts using Outlook 2003 on the same computer there is no probelms. If I bring up outlook using the outlook /safe I can access the users contacts with no problems. Seems the...

Cannot forward an email from a newsgroup in Outlook Express...
I use Outlook express as my news viewer. We use Outlook in our company as our default mail client - so Outlook is configured as my default mail app.. I want to forward an email from one of the news groups to a co-worker but when I click on forward in Outlook Express, the following error is displayed... "You don't have a simple MAPI compatible mailer installed. Micorosoft Outlook Express News cannot mail this message without a compatible mailer." Why can't it use Outlook (general) to do this? What do I need to do in order to be able to forward? I can "reply to gro...

Office Business Contact Manager 2003
Hi All, After installing Office Business Contact Manager 2003 with Outlook 2003 on my windows2000 computer. I cannot see the "Business Tools" button on menu bar as show on Help files. I also cannot add any Contacts or Accounts into the database. I checked the database is on. When save the Account/Contact, the Window displays " The item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you don not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" When I answer "yes" , the contact saved to my Perso...

Contacts Sorted by Last Name
Hi, I recently imported my contacts from an older version of outlook into Outlook 2003. When I create a new message and click the "To" button to select my contacts. When I type in the name, I used to type in the letters of the last name and the name would come up. For example, John Smith. I would type SM and John Smith would come up. Now this isn't possible. I have to type in "John Sm". Any ideas how to change this. I would expect that. You have a new autocompletion/autoresolution cache now, so your old entries aren't there. After your repopulate the ca...

Storing emails on Hard drive makes folder list VERY SLOW
Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder becomes very very slow Steven <dezinemail@pi.be> wrote: > Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder > becomes very very slow Why would you store individual messages in a Windows folder? -- Brian Tillman ...