MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03

We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate
our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if
a Tech article or paper on how to do this?

Thanks In Advance!

0
Mike
12/1/2003 8:10:14 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted
below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM
system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by
creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may
help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc

            TechKnowledge
            Microsoft CRM Move to New Domain

            Printable Link
            Email this link

            Document ID: 30438
            Date Created: 4/28/2003
            Date Last Modified: 5/19/2003 2:33:58 PM
            Language: English - United States
            Country: USA
            Product: Microsoft CRM
            Versions: 1.0
            Modules: Microsoft CRM Server Administration

            Issue

            Is it possible for us to move our existing Microsoft CRM
installation to a new Active Directory domain without losing our data?

            Resolution

            No, it is not possible to move an existing Microsoft CRM
deployment (users, databases, etc.) to a new/different Active Directory
domain.

            At installation, organization and business unit information is
created within Active Directory, in the domain where you are installing
Microsoft CRM.  Each object (organization, business units, users, etc.) has
its own Global Unique Identifier or GUID in the domain in which it is
created.  This GUID relates the object in your <organization_name>_MSCRM
database to this specific Active Directory domain.

            Therefore, restoring Microsoft CRM databases into a different
domain is not possible due to this GUID relationship for Organizational
Unit, Users, etc.  Each domain within Active Directory will have its own
GUIDs.  If you attempt to move the database to a different domain, "Invalid
object" errors will occur.

"Mike Chilson" <myself@mikechilson.com> wrote in message
> We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate
> our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know
if
> a Tech article or paper on how to do this?
>
> Thanks In Advance!

0
John

Re: New Beta Release Of Windows Live -- Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-19-10
I don't think there's any doubt this build is optimized for Windows 7. Nancy Jackman ...

Archive Folder 12-28-09
My "Archive Folder" has become full and I now cannot open it to view "Sent Items". I am getting a message to delete some of the items, but I cannot get the folder open to delete the items. Is there a way I can get to the items in the folder? -- Ronnie What version of Outlook created this archive? "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26BCBD2E-C3A6-425E-ADE0-1FA1CBC9AE49@microsoft.com... > My "Archive Folder" has become full and I now cannot open it to view "Sent > Items". I am getting...

New Outlook Install
I just reinstalled Outlook on a new harddrive. I've got my old hard drive slaved in the system and everything is still on it, including outlook. I thought I could just search for a .pst file, under my Documents and Settings folder, and copy that over, but I get nothing. There are no pst files on that harddrive that I just used Outlook on 2 days ago Were is Outlook keeping my data? I'm running XP Home, Outlook 2000 on a POP3 email account. Matt Me too. I found the inbox and outbox in WINDOWS\APPLICATIONS\Identity. However, when I copied them over the data doesn't di...

New to Excel
Hi everyone, Basically I am new to Excell and I wanna create some excel document to keep my self organised. I had two questions. My frist questions was I whated to create multipl cell within one main cell. So say if i have Cell A call it Price, belo that i needed multiple cells can someone help me how to do that. and my second question was how to insert a picture in a cell. Thank very much regards, k2ka -- k2ka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- k2ka4's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: ...

New Profile with current pst file
Hi, Hope someone can explain where I am going wrong on this. I am using Outlook 2003 and have duplicate Personal Folders in my folder list as a result of a corrupted profile; I know that I need to create a new profile and delete the old one to resolve this. I have created a new profile but all my folders are empty as I cannot seem to get my new profile to look at my current outlook.pst file. Each new profile I create generates a new data file - outlook1.pst, outlook2.pst etc. When I go through Control Panel/Mail/Show Profiles/Properties/Data Files I only seem to get the option to add a...

Exchange 2007 "Legacy" mailboxs on NEW users
Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network that also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller. <except> When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange 2007, the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy mailbox. It can be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007 after waiting for the cleanup period between the two moves. How do you create the new mailbox? Using Exchange 2007 console/shell? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog -----...

New! Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile Solutions
New! Microsoft Windows Mobile out-of-the-box solutions are now available, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile. http://www.microsoftmobile.ca Here comes another Solicitation. :) May be we should start calling this newsgroup. EbayCRM! "Lopat" <Lopat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B76AF24E-EB73-476E-B972-5819F8E82C42@microsoft.com... > New! Microsoft Windows Mobile out-of-the-box solutions are now available, > including Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile. > > http://www.microsoftmobile.ca > ...

CRM 3.0: Fiscal Year Settings!!! DateTime ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!
The system is ALL NEW installed, CRM 3.0 + SBS2003 SP1 When click Fiscal Year Settings, it popups a error message:"An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." And then I turn the "DevErrors=On" at the web.config. Click the Fiscal Year Settings again, the error shows:" String was not recognized as a valid DateTime." Any ideas? Thanks a lot. Jim I think this is a common bug in the CRM 3.0 + SBS 2003. Does anyone can help me to test it in your server? Many thanks! I think there is no problem with Fiscal Year Settings. W...

move mailbox from 2003 to 2007 creates shared mailbox
I just moved my first mailbox from our 2003 backend server to our new 2007 mailbox server. Now I see the mailbox listed in the console as a shared mailbox instead of a legacy mailbox. I can't find information about how to prepare a 2003 mailbox for moving so it would become a normal mailbox instead of a shared mailbox. I can't find information about how to convert a shared mailbox to a normal mailbox. Any pointers will be appreciated. ...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004 #2
In article <ee8887d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, coni@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and > am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank > window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font > performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a > warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and > should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing t...

New Documents opening protect
When every I open a new word document it is open with the protection on. I am using Word 2007 and would like to turn this off. Any suggestions On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:21:02 -0800, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When every I open a new word document it is open with the protection on. I am >using Word 2007 and would like to turn this off. Any suggestions Your Normal.dotm template has protection. This is a special case of the problem described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm, and the solution is the same (see Method 3). -- ...

Macro Please 03-23-10
Is there anyway to write a macro to open several or all web hyperlinks on a single or multiple worksheets and update the web links if the page is no longer valid. If not able to obtain new page address provide details on which links are no longer valid. Thanks! ...

SFO client install error 01-29-06
Hi all, I have both a desktop and laptop client with the same installation issue. Both are up to date with SP's and both are XP sp2 machines. They get to the final checklist page of the install app and they give an error. Under Microsoft Outlook banner: Setup failed to determine if a supported version of microsoft outlook is installed, (destination to install log). Outlook was un-installed and re-installed and updated to the latest SP's and then initialized before CRM install was attempted second time around. I am unsure why the setup is thinking this?!?! Anyone else have any i...

NT Domain Authentication
We are running Great Plains v7 and our users are currently authenticating via their domain NT account. How can I set it up so they have to change their passwor every 90 days. If I expire the domain account after 90 days they can't get logged into GP. There is a product from Winthrop (www.winthropdc.com) that gives you this functionality. GP does not have this functionality off the shelf since it uses SQL Server authentication. "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6089E83-8012-43B6-A320-269C1FD9EB50@microsoft.com... > We are running Gre...

How do I type labels with a border or picture? 01-14-10
I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sunshine Soo" <Sunshine Soo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7078AFAA-1054-4EFB-B7DA-8EC15BB85A10@microsoft.com... >I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels > decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc. > ...

CRM SFO Quote Template Custom Fields Wont Merge
In creating a modified version of the CRM SFO Quote.dot file the custom fields we created in CRM show up with standard (merge) fields when added to the template, but don’t merge along with the standard fields when the template is sent to merge. What could we be doing wrong? What might we look for? -- www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM and Everything for or about Microsoft CRM! Technical, implementation, and pre-sales resource and all related (ISV) products e-commerce site. ...

Move POS database to another server sql 2005 instance
I have moved the database but POS fails to connect with error: Could not connect to the database. Make sure you type the correct computer name. Also, make sure the computer that has the database is avasilable and that the port you specify is the correct one. can connect to the instance from the POS wrkstn. Tried SA and domain administrator accounts. Any info greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston jenifern wrote: > Any info greatly appreciated. Now the database is on the same physical server or not? Do you can connect via sqlcmd utility? cod ...

OWA Issues on Macs With New Server
We recently replaced our Exchange server with an upgraded, new one. We went from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 Server for the OS, but Exchange has always been 2003. Outlook on PCs and Entourage on Macs work fine. OWA on PCs works fine. However, when users login to OWA on Macs (And, they can login to it fine...) the following two things happen: 1.) They have to click on everything twice (not a double click but two single clicks) for it to open. If just one click, it will go about 10-15 minutes and then open, but 2 clicks makes whatever it is open right away. (For anything, ...

CRM 3.0 error message
I have installed CRM 3.0 today. When I am on the CRM server I have no problem browsing to http://crm and all the reports and fields work. I have added a client to the CRM user group, but when I go to that clients computer to test the URL the web page loads and I can move around workplace, sales, marketing and so on but in the view window I constantly have this error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. I went into web.config and changed the reporting to "On" and this gave me more info on the error message. The Description is: A...

Add a new record
I have a button that says add to inventory. When i click on this i need it to go to a new blank record. Is it just a case of running a macro for the GoTo function? Thanks Put this in the On Click Event of your button: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec "Craig" wrote: > I have a button that says add to inventory. When i click on this i need it to > go to a new blank record. Is it just a case of running a macro for the GoTo > function? > > Thanks Hi, When i put the code in to the click event it says macro cannot be found. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your h...

Create New Messages GP 9.0 Modifier/VBA
There are any way can I create a new message in GP 9.0 with Modifier/VBA? Example: I want to alert the user when using AutoApply in the Apply Payables Documents. If add a Userform the only way? Any ideas? Thanks Valentin, you can do after event MSGBOX "Put your Message here" Gerald "Valentin PR" wrote: > There are any way can I create a new message in GP 9.0 with Modifier/VBA? > > Example: > I want to alert the user when using AutoApply in the Apply Payables Documents. > > If add a Userform the only way? > > Any ideas? > Thanks >...

Management Reporter 08-01-10
Dear All, We want add new header for the Management Reporter Yazan Al Dahleh ERP implementer ...

New Money file and multiple accounts
I have just bought money 2006, since I've had some issues with my 2005 file I decided to start all over. So I downloaded from multiple bank accts. money import files. Here's the issue, I have a checking and a savings acct, different banks, I've transferred money between these two accts many times. These transfers show up in the downloaded files, but are not linked between the two accts. So the withdraw from one shows as an expense, and the deposit to the other shows as income. other than changing the category, which causes a second trans action to appear in the other acct, ...

moving text #2
I have a section of a book I'm writing in Publsher 2007 that started on page 15, and somehow continues on page 36. This probably happened as I tried to cut some of the material out of page 15 and copy it to page 36. The problem I'm having is that if I try to cut the material left on page 15 and paste it on page 36, a continuation of what followed page 15 fills in, in the space on page 15 that I had cut. There is no overflow icon on the bottom of page 15, but somehow the whole story follows from there. If I disconnect the subsequent pages from page 15, I then get an overflow ico...

Service Account 01-29-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CAA0BE.38F4D400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In Windows there is a user account called Service, how is this different = from Local Service and Network Service?=20 My question raises from the statement in the threats and counter = measures document,=20 "On member servers, ensure that only the Administrators and Service = groups have the Impersonate a client after authentication user right = assigned to them. Computers that run ...