Moving CRM to a Differnet Domain

We recently purchased a company that paid for CRM
cutomization/design...problem is the server (CRM and SQL only) is on it's own
domain.  We want to move CRM/SQL to our domain (to use Exchange, Sales
Outlook client, etc.) without losing the customization .
There's no data on the CRM server.....is there a way to move CRM to a
different domain and not lose the customization?
And to throw one more kink into the picture the customized CRM is on 1.1 and
we'll want to install it on 1.2.
Is this possible??
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

if you have no data you are lucky..

you can open up deployment manager on the CRM Web server and export the
entire forms and database customizations to a single XML file.

problem is though i do not think you can export the xml from  a crm 1.0
system to a crm 1.2 system - anyone remember?

"TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently purchased a company that paid for CRM
> cutomization/design...problem is the server (CRM and SQL only) is on it's
> own
> domain.  We want to move CRM/SQL to our domain (to use Exchange, Sales
> Outlook client, etc.) without losing the customization .
> There's no data on the CRM server.....is there a way to move CRM to a
> different domain and not lose the customization?
> And to throw one more kink into the picture the customized CRM is on 1.1
> and
> we'll want to install it on 1.2.
> Is this possible??

0
John

Quick campaign fails (CRM 4.0)
Hi all. We have a problem with quick campaigns. We use them to create phone calls to our users, from a marketing list of contacts or leads. Lately this has started to fail, almost every time. The information is something like (translating from Finnish): "This action was cancelled, because the CRM server or CRM workflow service was restarted, or because the operation timed out". I just tested with only one contact person, and still got the same error. So time-out is probably out of the question. Also, I'm pretty sure nothing was restarted during that 1 or 2 seconds befor...

Customize CRM
Hi Is it possible to make a copy of the entity Contact and call it Borger instead. The thing is that where it is labeled Contact we want to have Borger but we still want to have contacts but seperated from Borger. We also want some extra fields on the schema for Borger. Sorry if I'm unclear I guess you could export the Contact entity, then change the xml file to use for your Borger (change names, add fields) and then import your customization back into the system. You then have a new entity Borger based on the Contact entity. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmo...

CRM 3.0 Distribute Campaign Activity Error
I'm trying to do a word mail merge to a marketing list which is part of a campaign. I can create the Campaign Activity (Channel is "Letter via Mail Merge"). When I click on "open word" on the "Distribute Campaign Activity" screen after having selected the type of "template" I get an error Line: 132 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: http://<server name/_grid/cmds/dlg_canmailmerge.aspx?iObyType=4402&Total=1&sIds=<GUID>&sAction=letterviamailmerge I have system administration role, mail merge has no issues on any other ...

How to move tape from drive of library to I/E slot?
We have installed DPM2007 on Win2008(64) machine and IBM TotalStorage 3572 Tape Library(TS2900),with configuration 8+1 (8 slots for tape and 1 I/E slot). I installed latest driver and firmware for autoloader. Problem is with remove-tape from drive to I/E slot. It does not work needier from application nor command. When tape is in slot2, I can move it to I/E but if it is in drive I can’t. I try this: $lblist = @(Get-DPMLibrary SRVname) $Tapes = Get-Tape -DPMLibrary $lblist[1] $tape=$Tapes | where {$_.MediaPoolType -eq "Admin"} Remove-Tape -DPMLibrary $lblist[1] -Ta...

How to get a CRM 3.0 beta trial version? UK.
How to get a CRM 3.0 beta trial version? UK. Cheers, Jim Yes. Me too. And the SDK too. I want to integrate my searchengine in it somewhere... in the SBE. Maybe they got it at TechEd? http://news.com.com/Microsoft+previews+next-generation+CRM/2100-1012_3-5772430.html?part=rss&tag=5772430&subj=news http://geekswithblogs.net/barttimmermans/archive/2005/07/06/45537.aspx says: available to customers who are licensed to use previous versions of Microsoft CRM in the fourth quarter of 2005 and generally available in the first quarter of 2006. Maybe it is too late for the beta? Gorm Br...

set up exchange for local domain only
hi everyone, I want to set up an Exchnage server where users will be able to send to local addresses only. Is there any way that I can set this up? Thanks in advance, eddiec Hi Eddiec, This article should help you: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "eddiec" <chalk@NOSPAMnetspace.net.au> wrote in message news:uio4QaidFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > hi everyone, > > I want to set up an Exchnage server where users will be able to send to > l...

Moving accounts to new business unit
We only have one business unit. We have about 400 accounts. We want to create a new business unit and move some of the accounts to the new business unit. The president of our company wants to see ALL records from ALL business units. A salesperson wants to see ONLY records from her business unit. How can we create new business units and move exising account records to the new business unit? Lynn 1) Create a new BU. (Sales 1, e.g.) 2) Make the parent BU of Sales 1 your existing BU. 3) Open the salesperson's user record, and select Actions | Change Business Unit, and change her BU ...

Pocket PC for Microsoft CRM
Is there a list of recommended PDAs for Microsoft CRM? ...

Importing from Outlook to CRM using a custom Contact form in Outlook
The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? I would post a question on the Scribe support forum <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120136692.551538.88360@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The subject says it all. I'm trying to import contacts from Outlook > into CRM using Scribe. We have a custom contact form for Outlook > contacts, and Scribe isn't picking up the custom fields. Any ideas? > ...

Single email domain
Hello, Setup. Two seperate exchange forests domainA & domainB. Two-way trust setup between both domains. We created a new email domain and we pointed the MX record to domainA's exchange server. DomainA has the receipent policy for the new domain so all emails for the new domain come into the domainA exchange server. We have user's in domainB the require to receive emails with the new domain name. How can we have emails that come in for the new domain name sent to mailboxes for user's in domainB? You do it the same way you integrate with Exchange 5.5, use mail ena...

Have a windows 2000 Primary domain controller
Have Windows 2000 servers working as domain controllers, when we did a test of shutting down our primary domain controller, our backup domain controllers do not take over the login duties, what could be some possible things that we have not configured properly, for the automatic takeover to occur in case our primary domain controller goes down. Two Identical domain controllers with DNS installed, I just need ideas or suggestions please? In an Active Directory Domain the Global Catalog is used for login authentication. In Active Directory Sites and Services expand your Sites->Site ...

moving multiple messages on the calendar
Does anyone know if there is an alternative to moving a large number of calendar items from one date to another using outlook calendar, i am using the shift key and holding it down and clicking on the items and dragging to the new date but is there a way to select all and move to a specified day? as if you accidently click in the wrong place then you loose your selection, i am talking about moving about 150 items from one day to another. Many thanks for any advice given Dave ...

Remote retry queue is loading up with NDR to bad domains
It appears the smtp remote retry queues are not clearing upon expiration. I am not sure what to adjust. ...

CNBC moves Web content off MSN
Just FYI: "Financial news channel CNBC is retaking its territory on the Internet on Monday, formally ending a relationship with Microsoft Corp.'s MSN Money and relaunching its own Web site." http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061204/ap_on_hi_te/cnbc_web_site ...

goldmine to crm activity import
hello I am trying to import activities to mscrm from goldmine... unfortunatelly there are some problems (typical). When i try to import by data migration framework it imports just 66 form 25 000 phones for account. Please i have no idea whats wrong i did mapping like it was explained in xls. here part of code (most important of mapping and inserting data ) DECLARE conthist_crsr CURSOR FOR SELECT LEFT(LTRIM(RTRIM(ISNULL(USERID, ''))) ,8) , LEFT(LTRIM(RTRIM(ISNULL(ACCOUNTNO, ''))) ,20) , LEFT(LTRIM(RTRIM(ISNULL(SRECTYPE, ''))) ,1) , LEFT(LTRIM(RTRIM(ISNULL(R...

CRM should not display Tracking tokens, hide them!
When emails are sent from an acitvity in CRM, the system appends a TRACKING TOKEN to the suject line of the email. This tracking token should not be visible to the user. You should allow a CRM administrator to turn off "System generated" messages, but leave CRM tracking of emails on. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft W...

CRM Integration with Sharepoint
Hello, Our company created nice tool that allows smooth integration between CRM and Sharepoint (SPS or WSS). For example, it allows to automatically create a site for every new created account (or lead or opportunity) by predefine Sharepoint template. you can see a short demo on http://www.g-s.co.il/media/wssgenerator.wmv Please contact me if you have any further questions or interested in this solution Regards, Mickey mickey@g-s.co.il Hi Micky, Me also Did with WSS - Sharepoint portal integration of MS CRM. you can reach me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com -- Microsoft CRM Expert - CRM ...

Delay in sending and receiving for External Domain
We got lots of delay for sending and receiving the mail from external domain . . . Even while was cleared from server queue . . . How can we diagnosis . . . On 9 Nov 2005 10:10:26 -0800, "AT" <amitmtank@gmail.com> wrote: >We got lots of delay for sending and receiving the mail from external >domain . . . > >Even while was cleared from server queue . . . > >How can we diagnosis . . . With more information. ...

Blackberry and CRM
If I just need to sync my appointments with CRM and Blackberry then what's the best way to do it ? (without any add on tool) If someone just syncs BB with Outlook prior to CRM, after that once CRM is tied up to Outlook and I do the blackberry sync what happens then ? Does it show CRM activities too and sync it back to CRM ? ...

how to move email files to another lap top
I will change lap top soon. How and where I could find all my email data files in Outlook in WinMe at the old lap top and transfer them to my new lap top in Win Xp Pro. Thank you. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Paul" <mcbml(mcbml)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ugk5ixeLEHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I will change lap top soon. > How and where I could find all my email data fil...

How to move the exchange server to the other domain?
I have a exchange server in a domain. I want to move it from this domain to the other and remain the user information. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Could you indicate which version of Exchange you are using and if the domain is NT4 or 2000 AD? Thanks! -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Wing" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3992E490-D40E-44DD-9...

Urgent! Domain controller lost
I used to have two 2003 domain controller servers (SERVER1 and SERVER2). One of them (SERVER1) broke down and it's not available anymore. I need: - To safely remove SERVER1 from DC list in AD (in SERVER2). - To install a new server as DC (SERVER3). I googled a lot searching info on removing a failed DC but it doesn't seem like an easy task. What security measures must I take on SERVER2 before removing? Thanks a lot! Hello Gaspar, See my article about metadata cleanup, this includes also the information about the running DC: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/arc...

Copy/Move Email to Calendar formatting
I use these functions every day. Annoyance is that most of the email text comes over with lots of extra line spacing. Other than pasting into Word first and stripping the extra, is there something in Outlook I'm missing? Using Office & Outlook 2003 on an Exchange server. Julie No, you aren't missing anything. The message body uses HTML and the appointment uses RTF. Are you dragging the message to the calendar or opening the appointment and copying/pasting the message body into it? I tend to see better results with the copy and paste, although it also depends on th...

CRM 3.0 Licence
Hi, I have a potential new customer for crm 3.0. I asked for commercial information about licence, and i received info about two type of licences: "CRM Professional cal 3.0 PUP MLP User cal" and "CRM Professional cal 3.0 MLP User cal". Their prices are very different but i don't know why!! can somebody help me please? Thanks Ale "ALESSANDRA" <ALESSANDRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68C4ED3-A7ED-40EE-A699-7BC1EE732195@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a potential new customer for crm 3.0. I asked for commercial > inform...

How to Add New Tab to CRM 3.0
I am new to CRM. Can anyone tell me the steps to add New Tab and further adding the Links for Forms. Thanks Labhesh Shrimali Bangalore - India Hi Labhesh; Do you have access to any of the CRM 3.0 documentation or manuals? If you are new, it will be helpful to use the CRM manuals to walk you through how to do this. If I understand your question correctly, you would like to add a Tab to an existing form and then add fields to the new tab. This is done using the Customization capabilities of CRM. First, I would recommend you take a look at these customization planning tools from Micros...