Moving CRM - Crystal Reports

Hi All.
I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS
2003 Server.
If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal
Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and
then restore it on the new server?
Since I have only been using the default reports,
shouldn't everything be fine???

THanks!
0
Jake
8/18/2004 4:55:37 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jake,

You shouldn't need to migrate the reports.  But, are you using the redeployment
tool for this?  If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that
make it a requirement.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:55:37 -0700, "Jake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hi All.
I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS
2003 Server.
If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal
Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and
then restore it on the new server?
Since I have only been using the default reports,
shouldn't everything be fine???

THanks!

0
Matt

Is Crystal Report ver:11.5.8.826 supported?
Please tell me: Do reports made in CR Professional ver: 11.5.8.826 supported by RMS v2.0? hi Asad, the Last version support is Crystal 8.5 also not worked with 9,10 or 11. "Asad" wrote: > Please tell me: Do reports made in CR Professional ver: 11.5.8.826 supported > by RMS v2.0? Well, I've checked it myself. Crystal Report11 doesnt work with RMs v2.0. Haven't checked ver 9, 10. "Akber Alwani" wrote: > hi Asad, the Last version support is Crystal 8.5 also not worked with 9,10 or > 11. > > > > "Asad" wrote: > > ...

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

outlook and CRM 06-24-04
Is there any way to make this support other message types besides IPM.Note? Is there a registry hack of something, need to do this for a custom integration...any ideas would be helpful... ...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

Sales Pipeline report
I know you used to be able to view the sales pipeline report by product, but I don't seem to have that option available in the "group by" ddl. Am I missing something? HELP! Viewing the sales pipeline by product is an important requirement. I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone the existing report and modify the where clause). Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-...

moving the pub1 and priv1 databases
I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In Exchange 5.5 this was easy to do, however in Exchange 2000 I can't seem to find out how to do it Any suggestions? see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257184 "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2428E-2511-499C-836D-891E82F5D815@microsoft.com... > I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In...

report format portrait and lanscape
Is it possible to have one command to change report between portait or lanscape? If not, probably the best solution will be 2 reports. Your information is great appreciated, Your report is probably designed in portrait. This means it is designed to print 8-1/2" - the left and right margins wide. If you change the printout to landscape it is still going to print less than 8-1/2" wide on the left side of the paper leaving more than 3-1/2" blank on the roght side of the paper. To fill the paper you would have to write code to reposition and stretch out each con...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking doesn't work!!!
CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. But when the contact reply this email, the reply email can reach the server but it doesn't saved in the history(tracking doesn't work!) of CRM. The tracking function has been opened. We can't reinstall CRM server to fix this problem becasue there are many of customizations. we are having the exact same problem! did you ever get a solution?? thanks, "CEO" wrote: > CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. > But when the contact reply this email, t...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

SBS 2003 Server Reinstall/Move
I have a client who has an SBS2003 server that (1) has an inappropriate server name (EAT-ME) and is (2) running out of disk space. Is there a way to do a clean install of SBS and move over the user accounts and email store to the new server of a different name (SRV-SBS). I want a clean server for the client because I doubt the integrity of the server. John, You asked this question once and you have answers in that thread. Starting a new thread with the same question won't change the answer.. If the answers provided were unclear or if you want to reply to them to add c...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

CRM 4 workflow picklists
We have been creating workflows in CRM 4 to create an opportunity when a field is changed on a lead. In general this has not been an issue (and much easier then in CRM 3!) expect I have an issue with custom picklists. I have a pick list on the lead, and a picklist on the opportunity with the same values. Using the create entity step in the workflow manager I can not set the picklist value on the opportunity to the value on the lead. When trying to set a picklist it only lets me use a dynamic value of an identical picklist. Is there anyway I can tell the system that the picklist on the L...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

moving contacts and email back to Express 6
Completed a clean install on an XP. Would like to move some messages and contact list from my Vista. So far no luck and haven't found anything googling, any suggestions/ Drag these messages into Windows folders you create on the Desktop from the WinMail folder tree folders. Copy these folders to the XP Desktop. Open the folders | Select All and drag them into an OE folder in the folder tree. No need to mess with the dbx files. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeff D." <jddieterle@hughes.net> wrote in message n...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

MS CRM 1.2 and MS SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Yes, they can co-exist. Also, please DON'T SHOUT. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:08:02 -0700, HEC <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Could you please enlighten us Matt? If one has CRM 1.2 in...

Parent Child report #2
Hi there does anyone have a parent child report? To list items by parent? Or by Matrix for that matter? Ivan The Reports Library has these two below: This report displays the Item Quantity List grouped by matrix code. Only matrix items are displayed, and each matrix code is displayed with its corresponding components. (April 26th, 2004) https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_Matrix_Quantity_List.zip This report displays the Item Quantity List for Parent Child items. Only parent child items are displayed, and each parent code is displayed with its corresponding child ...

Draw continous vertical line in report detail section
My report has a report header approx 1.5" tall, a page header approx 0.5" tall, followed by the detail section. How can I print a fixed height detail section with verticle lines even if there are only a few records? Essentially, trying to replicate a paper form. The line starts at the bottom of the page header and continues to the top of page footer. In a post a couple days ago, Allen Browne recommended the below for drawing a line down the entire page.....this close, and I am trying to figure out a similar approach for the detail section. Private Sub Report_Page() Me....

how to expand available fonts for email in MS CRM?
Hi all, By default Microsoft CRM offers the following fonts for email messages and templates: - Arial - Arial Black - Tahoma - Verdana - Garamond - Times New Roman - Courier New Is there a (supported) way to expand this list with other fonts? Thank you for your reply, Basman ...

Sales Targets Reports
I filled in the CRM Targets. How do i make a report to check the target against the pipeline? ...

Timesheet reporting
I'm currently studying how to use Project Server 2007 for time sheets calculation and reporting To calculate the timesheet cost, we will use the hours spent x resource rate (custom field in resource) by task and project. The cost will also be broken down by direct and indirect cost using the % (custom field in the project). However for certain type of projects (identified by a custom field in project), the direct and indirect cost is based on the % (custom field) in resources. Is it easily done using exsiting cube or data analysis provided by Project Server 2007 and how...

Unable to View Reports in Business Portal 2.5
Does anyone have an idea why the reports will not display? The reports seem to be generating properly from Great Plains 8.0 and I am able to access the GP screens through terminal services. Can anyone help me? Regards, Brad Brad -- Are you trying to view the reports on a Center page? If so, you will need to check the following. 1. You have the share folder to publish reports to setup with the correct security. (This can be found in the BP Installation Manual on your CD). 2. You have published the Reports via Reports Scheduler within Great Plains. 3. The Reports have been set...

CRM 3 Virtual PC demo
When logged as administrator I cannot find Settings bar Do you have the outlook client loaded as well? This will disable the Settings option in the IE client. "Valdas Zagorskas" wrote: > When logged as administrator I cannot find Settings bar > If the Outlook Client is run then the settings tab goes away. You must run the IE only version of CRM first before you run the Outlook client if you want to see the settings tab. Don't ask me why someone thought this was a good idea. "NickB" <NickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DD16090-...

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...