Move Microsoft CRM Database and SQL Reporting Services

Good morning!

I have a Microsoft CRM implementation that currently points to a SQL 2005
Database and SQL 2005 Reporting Services on the same server.

I have made a copy of the database on a new SQL 2005 server and would like
to repoint the Microsoft CRM application to the new database.  Does this
require a Microsoft CRM reinstallation?  If so, is there a way to install
Microsoft CRM against a SQL 2005 Database?

Also, I will need to repoint Microsoft CRM to use SQL Reporting Services on
a different server.  What do I need to set up on the SQL Reporting Services
server for this to work.

Since we will be going from one Microsoft CRM server to THREE different
servers, do I also need to set up "Trust for Delegation" entries.

Thanks for any advice you have.

Robyn
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Use the deployment manager tool on your CRM server to point the CRM server
to the new database.

For the reporting part: just install SQLServer Reporting Services on the
default instance, on the default website. Next go to your CRM server, and go
to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports. Use the tool DownloadReports.exe
and/or PublishReports.exe to redeploy your reports. Please be very precise in
filling out the parameters of the tool. And don't forget to include any new
reports you created manually.

More information on the reports: view the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK on how to
author reports.

Since you are using more than one server: please setup the SPN (Service
Principal Name) and service accounts correctly for the crm servers and the
sqlserver. For it requires a double hop. However you can find out quickly if
it is setup ok: just logon from a client workstation to the CRM web client
and try opening a report. If it doesn't work: you have to fix the SPN's. If
this is the case the CRM Diag Tool Turbo can help out.

I just read about a new feature of CRM 4.0: the doublehop is not a problem
anymore since the reports behave somehow like a standard CRM entity. Please
watch the blogs of our CRM MVP's for more on this!!

Best regards,

Merijn
http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
"Robyn" wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> I have a Microsoft CRM implementation that currently points to a SQL 2005
> Database and SQL 2005 Reporting Services on the same server.
>
> I have made a copy of the database on a new SQL 2005 server and would like
> to repoint the Microsoft CRM application to the new database.  Does this
> require a Microsoft CRM reinstallation?  If so, is there a way to install
> Microsoft CRM against a SQL 2005 Database?
>
> Also, I will need to repoint Microsoft CRM to use SQL Reporting Services on
> a different server.  What do I need to set up on the SQL Reporting Services
> server for this to work.
>
> Since we will be going from one Microsoft CRM server to THREE different
> servers, do I also need to set up "Trust for Delegation" entries.
>
> Thanks for any advice you have.
>
> Robyn
Thank you so much.  That helps a lot.

"Merijn" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use the deployment manager tool on your CRM server to point the CRM server
> to the new database.
>
> For the reporting part: just install SQLServer Reporting Services on the
> default instance, on the default website. Next go to your CRM server, and go
> to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports. Use the tool DownloadReports.exe
> and/or PublishReports.exe to redeploy your reports. Please be very precise in
> filling out the parameters of the tool. And don't forget to include any new
> reports you created manually.
>
> More information on the reports: view the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK on how to
> author reports.
>
> Since you are using more than one server: please setup the SPN (Service
> Principal Name) and service accounts correctly for the crm servers and the
> sqlserver. For it requires a double hop. However you can find out quickly if
> it is setup ok: just logon from a client workstation to the CRM web client
> and try opening a report. If it doesn't work: you have to fix the SPN's. If
> this is the case the CRM Diag Tool Turbo can help out.
>
> I just read about a new feature of CRM 4.0: the doublehop is not a problem
> anymore since the reports behave somehow like a standard CRM entity. Please
> watch the blogs of our CRM MVP's for more on this!!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Merijn
> http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
> "Robyn" wrote:
>
> > Good morning!
> >
> > I have a Microsoft CRM implementation that currently points to a SQL 2005
> > Database and SQL 2005 Reporting Services on the same server.
> >
> > I have made a copy of the database on a new SQL 2005 server and would like
> > to repoint the Microsoft CRM application to the new database.  Does this
> > require a Microsoft CRM reinstallation?  If so, is there a way to install
> > Microsoft CRM against a SQL 2005 Database?
> >
> > Also, I will need to repoint Microsoft CRM to use SQL Reporting Services on
> > a different server.  What do I need to set up on the SQL Reporting Services
> > server for this to work.
> >
> > Since we will be going from one Microsoft CRM server to THREE different
> > servers, do I also need to set up "Trust for Delegation" entries.
> >
> > Thanks for any advice you have.
> >
> > Robyn
Are there customizations that are outside of the SDK?

Sounds like a reinstall and use the existing databases, but the SRS part is
going to be the trick.

"Robyn" wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> I have a Microsoft CRM implementation that currently points to a SQL 2005
> Database and SQL 2005 Reporting Services on the same server.
>
> I have made a copy of the database on a new SQL 2005 server and would like
> to repoint the Microsoft CRM application to the new database.  Does this
> require a Microsoft CRM reinstallation?  If so, is there a way to install
> Microsoft CRM against a SQL 2005 Database?
>
> Also, I will need to repoint Microsoft CRM to use SQL Reporting Services on
> a different server.  What do I need to set up on the SQL Reporting Services
> server for this to work.
>
> Since we will be going from one Microsoft CRM server to THREE different
> servers, do I also need to set up "Trust for Delegation" entries.
>
> Thanks for any advice you have.
>
> Robyn

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

open two different Access reports

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Microsoft Exchange Server

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

Input to custom reports

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Error in database....

compact database in VBA access 2007

Problem with Database Wizard

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...