Move entries from one field to another

Hi All,

During a database population, contact telephone fields were captured
into the telphone1 field and the result is that not telephone numbers
appear in the contacts view under business phone.  I've considered
adding the Telephone1 column instead but wherever else the business
phone is used to display contact telephone numbers and the interface
doesnt allow for customizing the other views.

Is there a supported way that I could move all the numbers from the
telephone1 field to Business phone?

TIA... ;)

0
funboy
3/9/2005 8:34:55 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The only "supported" way to do this, w/o buying a 3rd paty product to assist,
would be to write some code that uses the SDK to loop through the records in the
system, and then update them with the appropriate values.

Now, you can also do this is a relatively "safe" manner with direct SQL.  You
could update the records in ContactBase directly and set Telephone1 =
Telelphone2 and Telephone2 = Telephone1.

If you have a large amount of records in the system, then I would recommend
doing this in small batches just to be safe.  Also, make sure you have a good
backup beforehand and that you test it out before unleashing the update on all
your data,

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 9 Mar 2005 00:34:55 -0800, "funboy" <public@esteq.com> wrote:

Hi All,

During a database population, contact telephone fields were captured
into the telphone1 field and the result is that not telephone numbers
appear in the contacts view under business phone.  I've considered
adding the Telephone1 column instead but wherever else the business
phone is used to display contact telephone numbers and the interface
doesnt allow for customizing the other views.

Is there a supported way that I could move all the numbers from the
telephone1 field to Business phone?

TIA... ;)

0
Matt

Application works on one PC but not on another with same OS?
Hi, My application works OK on my PC (Windows 2000, latest server pack) but not on my colleague's (same OS and SP). One difference is that I have the .NET IDE installed on my machine, and he doesn't. I used to have the same problem on my machine. An error was generated because (IIRC) I was using an MFC string comparison method on a char array. This worked in my debug config., but not in the release config. I replaced the code with a strcmp method, and that fixed it on my machine, but not on his. Is there something I should update in his Window's installation when I install the ap...

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

modify fields
Hi - just started using CRM and have several questions. 1. How do I modify the COUNTRY field? I want a user to be able to type in the name of the country and return and display the 2-letter country abbreviation? Do I have to build a new table for that or can I modify the country field as it is now? 2. How do I apply or change field rules such as case- convert, etc. for either existing fields or fields I create? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Cheers Ruthie I think the existing country field is a simple text field. You cannot out any logic behind these fields. One op...

Moving Emails to a Public Folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to several email addresses to one public folder. The problem is that these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field, but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was sent to (without looking in the headers). When you reply, the original email in the body still only references the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was originally sent to. Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed? If not,...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

MO Receipt Entry
I'm trying to receive MO1-00004, an error message keep popping up. Below is the error message; You must enter additional component bin selections before you can post the receipt. any suggestions? davidv This sounds like you have not assigned all of the received items into bins. If you think you have made all of the assignments, check into units of measure. Are you receiving 10 cases and stocking into bins 10 pieces? Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant http://www.AccoladePublications.com Check out our web site! "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to receive MO1-0...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

How to share info from one file to another?
I am wondering how I can share something perhaps from a cell of "file 1 to "file 2." I am familiar with how to do it from worksheet t worksheet within a single file. From what I have heard I know that i can be done but both files have to be located in the same folder. Correct me if I am wrong and please tell me briefly how it can be done I appologize if this is a newbie question. Thanks Chip Carlto -- ChipCarlto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ChipCarlton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Restrickting from field
Hi, When you create new email, you can click option and tick FROM field. It will be add FROM field and you can use address book to pick up any name. Are their any options or policy to restrict this function? Thanks Using Exchange server? This should not be possible by default - someone has changed the permissions. What version of Exchange? Follow the KB 262054 to see where permissions might be set - and remove groups that shouldn't be there. wschoi wrote: > Hi, > > When you create new email, you can click option and tick > FROM field. > > It will be add FROM f...

I'm looking for a community just like this one but for Entourge?
I need to lear how to import and what formats I can import into Microsoft Entourge. I'm hoping that at least someone can tell me of a community just like this one. Thank you. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Gilbert wrote: > I need to lear how to import and what formats I can import into Microsoft > Entourge. I'm hoping that at least someone can tell me of a community just > like this one. Thank you. Thank you very much Bob. "Bob I" wrote: > http://www.micros...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

enter-key works with two inputboxes but not with olny one.
Hi, There is a form with two inputboxes and a submit button.The focus is on the first inputbox. When the user presses the enter-key without having entered some text, the javascript message "wrong text" appears. This works. But if i remove the second inputbox, leaving only the first inputbox and the submit button, pressing the enter-key without any text does not show the javascript message. Nothing happens. The focus remains in the inputbox. You can see the page is postbacked, but that's all. Why does it work with two inputboxes and not with one? And how to fix...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

How to add another target to VidPN in WDDM driver?
Thanks all for the replies before and I'd like to ask few more questions related to VidPN management of WDDM driver. When WDDM miniport driver enumeratse child devices and connected external monitors, it first detects its all child devices in DxgkDdiQueryChildRelations, and next check each child actually has connected output in DxgkDdiQueryChildStatus. So, to implement adding another(virtual) monitor I faked one of given PDXGK_CHILD_STATUS parameter(HotPlug.Connected) to have true. And I filled up followed EDID query requests as well. Then I could see another monitor attached ...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Data Entry Problem
I am designing a database to manage staff absences. I have a number of forms (one for each manager) feeding one table for company reports etc. I have a 'member of staff' field that is a comby on each form to restrict entry for managers to their team members only. My problem is that i set the data entry property to 'Yes'. This clears the form on open but prevents me from finding records (obviously because the form is empty). If i set the data entry to 'No', all records from other managers are showing on all managers forms also. Due to data protection i need to ov...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page
hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move down the page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking on. can anyone tell me how to do this? yours david Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row) Use Windows Freeze best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F17D28F-2A71-437B-BF81-AEEB9D880B15@microsoft.com... > hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

Removing the : in the coment field
When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know this is meant for the user name to appear but I don't want that. In fact, I don't want the colon to appear. Currently I manually delete it from each comment I insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000 Thanks! Kathy You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Kathy wrote: > When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know...

How do I point to a moved database?
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that updates its fields from a .dbf file. The problem is the file has now been moved to a diferent drive so the refresh no longer works within Excel. I get the error "U:\... is not a valid path. ..." Does anyone know how to re-direct the update to the new path? Running Excel 2002 Thanks in advance! Glenn -- GSUK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GSUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15220 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268...

Win or Linux for Airlines? WHich one is better? Vacuum Power Of An Average Airplane Toilet
Seven years ago, the Poop Fetish community was embroiled in discussion about an unfortunate traveler who claimed she was vacuum-suctioned to an airplane toilet seat. Her claim was subsequently tested and disproven. But what was never in doubt was the suction power of an airplane toilet. AirTran Airlines has got some dude living on one of their planes for thirty days as some sort of PR stunt. No, he has NOT gotten stuck on an airline toilet. But he HAS provided an extremely visceral demonstration of just how powerfully these airplane toilets do, indeed, suck. Behold on YouTube; ...