Move CRM SBS to a new SBS Server

We have CRM3.0 SBS on a Windows Small Business 2003 Server that is
dying a slow and painful death hehe. We have purchased a new Windows
Small Business 2003 Server R2 and are going to be implementing it this
coming weekend. I saw some messages about the redeployment tool and
using it on the new server before installing CRM. I'm assuming it
wouldn't be that hard after that. My question is two fold:

1) After I use ADMT to migrate everything, the Redeployment tool will
help me associate everything back correctly, yes?

2) Can I use the SQL2005 on SBS2003R2 or will I need to use my old
SQL2000 from my SBS2003?

Thanks so much for any help you can give!

-Brandon
0
Brandon
12/4/2006 12:43:50 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm too interested in the SQL queation. On a test rig CRM SBE 3.0 won't
install becuase of the 'workgroup' edition on SBS 2K3 Prem R2

"Brandon Anis" wrote:

> We have CRM3.0 SBS on a Windows Small Business 2003 Server that is
> dying a slow and painful death hehe. We have purchased a new Windows
> Small Business 2003 Server R2 and are going to be implementing it this
> coming weekend. I saw some messages about the redeployment tool and
> using it on the new server before installing CRM. I'm assuming it
> wouldn't be that hard after that. My question is two fold:
>
> 1) After I use ADMT to migrate everything, the Redeployment tool will
> help me associate everything back correctly, yes?
>
> 2) Can I use the SQL2005 on SBS2003R2 or will I need to use my old
> SQL2000 from my SBS2003?
>
> Thanks so much for any help you can give!
>
> -Brandon

My current plan is to install the SQL2000 I have from SBS2K3 R1 and
then maybe trying an upgrade to the SQL2005 I have with R2. Are you
saying you haven't been able to get CRM SBE 3.0 to run on the SQL2005
that comes with R2?

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:03:02 -0800, Keith Russo
<KeithRusso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm too interested in the SQL queation. On a test rig CRM SBE 3.0 won't
>install becuase of the 'workgroup' edition on SBS 2K3 Prem R2
>
>"Brandon Anis" wrote:
>
>> We have CRM3.0 SBS on a Windows Small Business 2003 Server that is
>> dying a slow and painful death hehe. We have purchased a new Windows
>> Small Business 2003 Server R2 and are going to be implementing it this
>> coming weekend. I saw some messages about the redeployment tool and
>> using it on the new server before installing CRM. I'm assuming it
>> wouldn't be that hard after that. My question is two fold:
>>
>> 1) After I use ADMT to migrate everything, the Redeployment tool will
>> help me associate everything back correctly, yes?
>>
>> 2) Can I use the SQL2005 on SBS2003R2 or will I need to use my old
>> SQL2000 from my SBS2003?
>>
>> Thanks so much for any help you can give!
>>
>> -Brandon

0
Brandon
12/5/2006 3:59:17 AM
I've got CRM SBE 3.0 to install and run fine on SBS R2 with SQL 2005, using
the updated source files (version 3.0.5300.9). This was done off a database
from a previous SBS install on SQL 2000, and migrated using the redeployment
tool. There's one significant gotcha; see below.

As to upgrading in place to R2, I'm not sure if this will work, but would be
iunterested to hear your experiences. One of our consultants tested this
when R2 came out (this was prior to CRM version 3.0.5300.9), and the R2
upgrade refused at an early stage due to the presence of CRM. Additionally,
the only MS documentation about running CRM SBE 3.0 on SBS R2 refer to new
installs, rather than upgrades.

Back to the install on an existing database (from an SBS install on SQL 2000
with CRM version 3.0.5300.0). When running the install, I got an error in
the environment checks 'Setup detected a version mismatch between the
specified database and the current product. The Version of Your Microsoft
CRM Database is Lower Than Expected', which then refers to CRM 1.2. The
problem is that the updated CRM code expecst a database of version
3.0.5300.9, but the exisitng database is 3.0.5300.0 (as specified in the
BuildVersion table). I checked the sql scripts for each version and could
find no schema differences, so I resolved this with the following (entirely
unsupported, I should say) SQL script, then reran setup:

Update BuildVersion set Revision = 9 where BuildNumber = 5300

After that, everything worked fine. The only other, relatively minor, issue
was that the users' email addresses were lost during the user mapping with
the Redeployment Tool, but this is a known 'feature' of that tool

"Brandon Anis" <brandon@networksva.com> wrote in message
> My current plan is to install the SQL2000 I have from SBS2K3 R1 and
> then maybe trying an upgrade to the SQL2005 I have with R2. Are you
> saying you haven't been able to get CRM SBE 3.0 to run on the SQL2005
> that comes with R2?
>
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:03:02 -0800, Keith Russo
> <KeithRusso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm too interested in the SQL queation. On a test rig CRM SBE 3.0 won't
>>install becuase of the 'workgroup' edition on SBS 2K3 Prem R2
>>
>>"Brandon Anis" wrote:
>>
>>> We have CRM3.0 SBS on a Windows Small Business 2003 Server that is
>>> dying a slow and painful death hehe. We have purchased a new Windows
>>> Small Business 2003 Server R2 and are going to be implementing it this
>>> coming weekend. I saw some messages about the redeployment tool and
>>> using it on the new server before installing CRM. I'm assuming it
>>> wouldn't be that hard after that. My question is two fold:
>>>
>>> 1) After I use ADMT to migrate everything, the Redeployment tool will
>>> help me associate everything back correctly, yes?
>>>
>>> 2) Can I use the SQL2005 on SBS2003R2 or will I need to use my old
>>> SQL2000 from my SBS2003?
>>>
>>> Thanks so much for any help you can give!
>>>
>>> -Brandon

0
David

How move contacts from ACT2000-to-Outlook2003BCM?
Am using ACT2000 (ACT Ver 5.0.4.495) on WinXP PC with soon-to-be installed Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager (PC currently only has Outlook 2002). I wondered what the BEST way is to move my ACT contacts, along with ALL notes, emails, and anything else to Outlook 2003. (The last part is key... *WITH* all notes, emails, etc.) I went through contacts in ACT and thinned back to a database of only about 100 that I'd like to keep and therefore need to transfer to Outlook 2003. If necessary, I cut copy/paste the text of the notes and emails, once the contacts are in Outlook, but of cou...

2007 outlook on 2 computers, same server doesn't capture all email
both computers have Outlook 2007 and are looking at the same server. One computer (Acer netbook) captures ALL my emails, while my office computer (Dell) has been missing about 20% for the past 2 weeks. The Dell has all my "files" and the Acer just has no files but all emails are in the inbox. Neither have any "rules". I work about 200+ emails per day for my business. Any ideas? -- Phil Which mail account type are you using? If POP3, make sure you have your account settings configured to leave a copy on the server. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

Unable to Login to Exchange Server
I recently applied several Windows XP Update, patches and SR's along with one or two Office XP Sr's and updates. Everything worked fine except now I am not able to login to the Mail Exchange Server using Outlook 2002. So far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP. I've deleted the TCP/IP connection and reinstalled it. I've deleted all cookies but I am still unable to login to the server. The symptoms are; Outlook opens up, a user name and password dialog displays, I enter the information and immediately it reports that my user name or password is invalid. It...

How do I put information into a NEW journal table?
Having created a New table in Outlook 2003 Journal with different column headings (to record family tree history), how can I put information into each of the new headings, which do not appear on the Journal Entry form? You'll need to create a custom fields for the new information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWS...

all new and existing db's say "ms jet db engine stopped the proces
Hi, I've read all the posts regarding this error "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." I'm getting this message every time I try to open any new or existing MS Access database and they will not open. I've had this message before as described by others, but this is not an SQL back end table with a null or query, form, or crash problem. One of our desktop techs found a solution, but works for another company now. Anyone else have a solution? I have several desktop...

Incorrect SSL certificate server name
I'm running SBS 2003. Certain operations inside Exchange System Manager give me a dialkog that says: The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID n0o: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I found a KB article that says the certificate 'doesn't match the common name of the server'. The common name on the certificate is the public DNS of the server. I am running a number of services on this IIS Web Site that need to remain secured, some of which (like OWA) should be accessible from the public area. I have set the site to only allow SSL connections and added the certificate...

New Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3254227027_2096185 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update is installed on your computer. Be sure to quit all Office applications and Notifications before installing. Quit any virus software also. Note: Entourage will still show 11.3.3 (061214) under About Entourage after the update. About Word shows as 11....

Migrating Users to New Exchange 2003 Server
Is there a way to change which server that Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 looks at wihtout having to redo their profiles?? We have an Exchange 2000 server, E2K, and we are migrating some users, not all, to a new server that is coexisting, E2K3. I want to be able to move groups of users without having to go to their desktops and reconfigure Outlook. Thanks in advance, Russell ...

Help! error while installing CRM 3.0
Hi, During the installation of the CRM SBE 3.0 on SBS server 2003 premium, performing binary install of Microsoft CRM server components, I got en error, CRM 3.0 server setup failed, here is the last part of the crm30svrsetup.log. .... Installing MSCRM prepopulated data 08:49:50| Info| Creating indices in MSCRM database 08:49:51| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user account at System.Data.SqlClien...

Primission / resticted access to files using the MS server
I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to my own files.., I think you can tell what I think about this product. Hello Ron Ron wrote: > I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to > paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been > using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to > my own fi...

I can not see add task in scheduled task in win server 2003
Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. I tried wth schtask and th result is this: It has prevented the user to create new tasks. I verified the permisions with cacls and all are rigth. Help! Thanks Fernando "Fernando Martinez" <FernandoMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE65D03C-E925-4FE6-9D02-DF0D3ECB0714@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. > I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. >...

Reports and CRM v1.2
I have just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2 using the Adventure Cycle Database. I have a list of all the reports but get an error, when I try to access the reports below the top level, suggesting that I may not have enough Crystal Report Licenses? This worked fine when I was at 1.0! In addition I tried to install the Crystal Reports Enhancements and it suggested I need version 9.2 instead of 9.0! Help!!!! I have looked through the other threads and see some similar issues but no definitive answer. Peter Peter I was told by Microsoft yesterday that the crystal addon for crm requires crys...

CRM Live
I haven't any reference to if or how CRM Live would accomodate SQL Reporting Services. Any ideas? Hi Don, we've been part of the Titan TAP, but I can't recall anything specific about CRM Live and SRS reports. CRM 3.0 reports will need to be upgraded to CRM 4.0 reports because of the significant changes between report formats to handle the new reporting connector (no more double-Kerberos hops to SRS), and other changes. I'm sure you'll be able to develop SRS reports in Visual Studio and upload them to CRM Live or use the Report Builder tool to develop basic reports ...

CRM 1.2 Workflow e-mail
I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a certain status. I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail. I have two questions 1. Can I display the date on for the following. Currently the data and time display as in the example provided: &incident.createdon; Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z Desired Change = 2006-03-07 2. I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner. I attempted to use the following: &systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName; I also tried: &systemuser.firstname; &systemuser.last...

How to copy (or move) Journals from one folder to another
Yesterday I had to rebuild my Outlook file, and I have a working version now but all my journals are in a 2nd folder rather than in the main Journal one. As I can't delete the empty main one, ideally I'd like to move the entrieds from the second one to the main folder. Is this possible? I tried exporting them to a pst file and importing them but either it didn't work or I did it wrong. Any help gratefully recieved rdc You did it wrong - NEVER use the import/export option to move native = Outlook data. Having already done so, you now have a corrupt profile. Create a ne...

Migrate SBS 2003 SP/2 to Windows 2003 or 2008 Domain
Good Day, This question keeps popping up but I can't seem to resolve all my questions. I have an SBS 2003 domain. I need to migrate to Windows 2003 or 2008 Domain with Exchange 2007 (or 2010). I can not down the old SBS server as it is running legacy software that can not be migrated. However, it DOES NOT have to be part of the new domain. I have already added a 2008 DC to the domain. 1) Is the Transition Pack for SBS 2003 Stnd SP1 still available? If not: 2) Will ADMT (3, 3.1 or 3.2) work to migrate my Users, Computers, Groups and Mailboxes? 3) Group Pol...

Failed to add new String attribute ??
i having the error in DM when adding field to contact entity ,i think it cannot accept any more customised field. Since we cannot add new entity, I am stuck with this and couldnt proceed..It really make me think of switch to other CRM...PLs any enlightenment ? thks Can you see in the event log some more information? It might indeed be true that you cannot add anymore values. This is one of the issues with v1.2. Maybe adding memofields solve your issue, they are a lot smaller for the database to store. Within the next version of crm this issue will be solved. For now there is no ot...

How To
I am totally new to the concept of upsizing and exporting access database to sql server. At the very first step I am asked to select a server. Can't the file(s) be saved on the local disk? Please also refer to me an impressive discussion forum like this on net / good source for guidance. -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! The "Server" in SQL Server refers to the fact that it is a Server based product. You must have a SQL Server set up before you can create any databases in it. So, the first step will be to set up a SQL Server instance. Fortunately, th...

Track in CRM: not have enough privileges to access the crm object
Outlook Crm Client (online) : When people click TRACK IN CRM they get this message: You do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object to perform the requested operation. For more information, contact you system admin. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no correspondening activity will be created in MS CRM. Does this have something to do with their roles? If so, what security setting is wrong in the role ?? Do the users have append to privilages for the entity they are trying to track against. If they don't the...

Business Alert for New Employee
Hello: Earlier today, I had posted a thread asking about a business alert for HR that would notify the payroll department that a new employee has been hired. After getting that busines alert successfully tested, the consensus was that there is not a really efficient way of accomplishing the goal of generating an e-mail in HR Orientation when a new employee is hired. Even though I got it to work, there's a long story as to why an HR business alert is not a good fit. So, I'm here now to ask about developing such an alert in Payroll. We simply want to develop an alert that will ...

Moving from 3.0 to 4.0
Hi based on Rob Mottrams and Patrick Verbeeten earlier answers to my postings - I now have the following plan; 1) From the production enviroment copy the databases (MSCRM and METABASE) to the test enviroment and restore them there on that 32 bit SQL server. 2) Run the CRM 4.0 installation on top of the CRM 3.0 installation in the test enviroment - (that way database, workflows etc. gets upgraded) the 4.0 install process also creates the MSCRM_config database. 3) Then move the upgraded databases (MSCRM, METABASE and MSCRM_config) back in production and restore them there. 4) Install CRM 4.0 o...

cant search new updates error 80070490
I have windows vista 32 bit and can't search for new updates, it keeps showing an error code. I have already searched alot of solutions on this site with no luck. The history of previous installed updates is gone, and it stated that the last update was installed in april 2009. I already tried renaming softwaredistribution but that changed nothing, also installed KB967723 but said it isn't for my system. System update readyness KB947821 didn't change anything either. Tried sfc/scannow but said there was nothing wrong don't have an windows dvd anymore to upgrade ...

Recovery Server for Exchange 5.5
Hi, This is a question relating to building a recovery server for exchange 5.5? I will be grateful for any information received. Mark Palmer. what is the question? How to do it? see this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/exdisrec.ms px -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "mark palmer - novice" <markpalmernovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91D372E7-95DA-4BA9-8D88-19F3BF6C97A0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > This is a question relating to building a recovery server for...

Does MS CRM have to be on separate server?
I have read that in cases where the server machine is running MS Small Business Server, MS CRM cannot co-exist with MS SQL Server or MS Exchange Server. Does anyone know why this is the case or if it can be overcome using vmware or something similar? Hi, it is actually the opposite, the only single box supported configuration with CRM is with Small Business Server. -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni en l'�tat, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous conf�re aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques li�s � son utilisation. "Stu&...

Adding new graph markers
I am running out of markers in some of my ghraphs and I was wondering whether one can import new markers in Excel 2007, e.g. inverted or side looking triangles, pentagones, etc. Hi, Here is some information on custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html But if you have that many markers you might need to consider your choice of chart as it will get difficult to see the information in the chart. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Miguel M" <MiguelM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...