Move CRM 3.0 from default web site to virtual directory

Hi,

I would like to move the current CRM 3.0 installation from the default
website to a virtual directory. Is this possible? I would like to be
able to access the CRM system by using http://portal.mycompany.com/crm.

The reason is that I would like to install a certificate for
portal.mycompany.com. There are a few other apps that I would like to
publish on this server and then I will only need one certificate. The
second app would be accessible through
http://portal.mycompany.com/app2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ren=E9

0
rsloos (1)
9/25/2006 2:35:13 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

CRM / SQL Reporting Co-Exist
We are trying to run Microsoft CRM and SQL Server Reporting on the same server. We have experiemented with several approaches but with no luck. Either SQL Server Reporting's Report Manager will not run with an error that session state in disenabled in ASP.Net or I get an error that there is a problem with the assembly Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types. Does anyone know where I could find a document on how to make CRM and SQL Reporting co-exist on the same or server. It must be possible since many people run Small Business Server 2000 or 2003. Regards, George Vessels ...

where can i learn MS CRM 1.2
I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? Version 3.0 is much better. Why are you still using 1.2 ? "Nikki" wrote: > I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. > How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. > > Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? > > > ...

Moving Computers.
I am running Money 2001 on my old pc. I have just purchased a new pc and have loaded Money 2001. Back up options do not include to a CD, what is the best way to transfer the accounts information to my new pc? Thanks DaveT In microsoft.public.money, DaveT wrote: >I am running Money 2001 on my old pc. I have just purchased a new pc and have >loaded Money 2001. Back up options do not include to a CD, what is the best >way to transfer the accounts information to my new pc? Copy the *.mny file on the old computer to a USB flash drive. Copy the file to the My Documents folder on y...

No clipart on microsoft site
When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any clipart. Thanks Jo Jo Dude You are supposed to click on that little box below those pictures and then click on download. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jo Dude" <not@here.com> wrote in message news:%23X4JimUbGHA.1008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever > come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any > ...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

DSUM #3
[Excel 2003] I have a worksheet that looks something like this: A B C Charge Payable Paid $100.00 Y $650.25 Y $ 25.00 N 10/1/2007 $ 85.75 Y I would like to place a formula in a cell that will return the sum of all expenses in column A for rows which have a "Y" in column B and no value in column C. I think DSUM is the function to use, and I have read several help pages on it, but no formula I have tried has actually worked. I would appreciate any help. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

Interactive web spreaadsheet viewing
I built an interactive speadsheet for the internet in Excel XP and it works and looks fine from my PC, but when I go to another PC that doesn't have Office XP on it, I get an error message that states I need some kind of component to properly view the spreadsheet. Is this something I can get and if so, will it run from the server or does it need to be offered as a download, plugin, or whatever? Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! ...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

Cannot get CRM client for Outlook online
One of my customer's employees is having problems to get his CRM client for Outlook online (version 3.0). The error he is receiving says: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.". In the event log we find the following warning message: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 10/12/2006 Time: 1:53:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AVELTP0131 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administr...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

Inventory Integration and Purchasing Default U of M
Hello everyone, I don't know if it's just me who does not know about the right way to map my information or if there is actually a problem but I am assuming that there is probably someone here that is going to be able to answer me on that one. I am having a problem with the integration of inventory information. I am on version 8 and try to import into Great Plains a list of items. Everything is importing very well except that I can't find where I map the Purchasing Default Unit of measure. Is the title of the field different in Integration Manager or is it just not there? Than...

upgrade #3
Hello, I just received an e-mail from my bank which states they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000 or 2001. I currently have Money 2000. I am looking to upgrade, however do NOT wish to lose any of my financial data or the ease of epaying my bills. When I upgrade, do I delete the old MS Money and leave the *.mny file ? Or do I complete an install and let Money 05 remove the old MS Money ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "dejaking" <dejaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DD057-70DF-404A-AD65-CE0E914B366D@microsoft.com.....

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...