MOM 2005 and SQL Server 2005

Hello,

I'm not having much luck searching through the knowledge base or the
newsgroup to find definate information.  What is the current status of
trying to run MOM 2005 using SQL Server 2005 instead of SQL Server
2000?  Some posts seem to indicate SP1 should allow it to work, even if
it's still technically unsupported.  Is that the case?

Since I'll get charged for another media set from our vendor to get the
new MOM SP1 CD since everything I've seen says slipstreaming isn't
possible.  I'd like to make sure it'll work before I purchase a second
copy of the CD set.  Thanks in advance for any information.

Bryan

0
brimstar
3/29/2006 9:17:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nevermind... I accidently posted to the wrong forum thanks to my
newsreader being flakey.  I reposted to the correct forum.

0
brimstar

Outlook Change Outgoing Server if One Fails?
Getting some weird results with Outlook 2003. I send mail using two different outgoing servers. When I select the ACCOUNTS feature in a new email I determine what server to use. Is it possible that if the server I select fails that Outlook would send it with a different outgoing mail server. For some reason tests I have sent to myself are not going through the server I select. ...

SQL 2008 Script Wizard Crashing Out
Hello Have a SQL Script heavy database (The scripts combined come to about 14mb for SPs/ vws/ fns) and the Scripting Wizard is crashing. It is crashing out with "Object Reference Not set to an instance of an object." whilst running the" Determining objects" process - there are about 3000 views / sp's in the database. The error from management studio is below. Have tried using 2008 RC and SP1 versions of management studio running on clients and direct on the server and both give the same error whilst doing determining objects. I am able to script out...

FS: money deluxe 2005 (disk says deluxe, package says standard) $10 incl shipping to usa-48
I have money 2005 that I decided not to use. I un-installed from my pc and am selling to whomever wants it, including shipping. $10 takes it if you're in the usa-48 and want slow/cheap shipping. If you're somewhere else or want it fast, let me know. paypal is fine for payment. ...

leave email messages on the server
I have a blackberry and i am trying to get my emails on my phone... and it tells me to leave messageson server... i have tryed... I went to tools, account, properties, and there is no advanced options tab, and no delivery options? What do i do... Did you highlight the "Mail" account and the Properties? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Cambie Gulick" <Cambie Gulick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6303F6C2-3712-4863-A56E-11836DDFE6F3@microsoft.com... >I have a blackberry and i am trying t...

Will Outlook Web Access work on the same server as CRM 1.2?
Will Outlook Web Access work on the same server as CRM 1.2? I am trying to set up a single server install of Small Business Server 2003 Premium and CRM 1.2 using the directions in the CRM Implementation Guide. During the install I created a separate web site for CRM as per the guide. OWA was working fine before the install but afterwards I just get "page cannot be found" errors. Is OWA incompatible with CRM? Thanks, Steve OWA does not work with CRM. To my knowledge there is no component that we can install on the exchange server that would expose the CRM functionality to t...

Copy Information Store to new server
Hi, I have 2 exchange servers not connected to each other, I need to copy all the information from the first exchange server to the second server (complete information store). I need a way to copy/move the data to an external disk then go the second server and import the data. How can I do this Eseutil? Exmerge? regards, Mark You can't just import the data from one database into another server. It doesn't work that way. Org names, server names, etc. would ALL have to be the same. Then there's the matter of dealing with user accounts. If you need to copy the database...

upgrading to sql 2005 04-28-06
Hi; I've got a very stable CRM3.0 deployment, running on Win2000 server and SQL2000. Because I just can't be happy with that, I was thinking of upgrading SQL to 2005. Anyone tried it? Thanks Dave Iv'e tried it with success. Take a backup of the databases and hit setup. It worked for me... -- Best regards Casper Jensen CRM Extensions www.crmextensions.com "Dave Ireland" wrote: > Hi; > > I've got a very stable CRM3.0 deployment, running on Win2000 server and > SQL2000. Because I just can't be happy with that, I was thinking of &...

Sam's club not carrying Money 2005?
My local store has tons of Quicken products but no Money 2004 or 2005. Could they have switched sides on this? Do other Sams' have M2005? -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote: >My local store has tons of Quicken products but no Money 2004 or 2005. > >Could they have switched sides on this? Do other Sams' have M2005? http://www.samsclub.com/ search shows it. Somebody posted getting Money 2005 at Sams in the last few days. I bought my M05 Deluxe at Sam's Friday night for $23.86, no re...

defragging exchange2003 server using diskeeper 10
Im thinking of using diskeeper 10 to defrag our exchange server computer which is on 2003 server SP1. Is this a safe program to use ? Is it best to shutdown the exchange services first before doing and online defrag to allow the software to "defrag" the exchange stores. ? or just use diskkeepers boot time defrag option ? thanks for any responses First few lines should answer your question about disk defrags on Exchange servers. For production deployments, I would make sure the vendor (Diskeeper) explicitly states compatibility - a quick search on their web site did not ret...

Unable to connect to online quote server
I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this problem? Same here. Probably too much traffic. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2fb8ba8a-9eab-4c3d-91a7-c63317d1e034@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this > problem? Having the same problem here. The message I get when checking msn network status is: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found Also it refers to IIs services problem and that the site does not exist. I can post the whole page is anyone is interested. JC <g.m.cox.mail@gmail....

Moving mailboxes between Exchange 5.5 Servers
We have two exchange 5.5 servers (server A and server B) under two diferent sites (site A and site B), but both under the same group, and we want to move all mailboxes of server A to server B. To do this, we have use the "Exmerge" without problems, but when an older message is reply to a any mailbox already merged, there is an error that don't reach that mailbox and then, we have to type again the same mailbox in the "to" or "cc" fields. What we have to do to solve this problem? Thanks, Bruno Jundia� - SP Brazil It sounds like you lost the original X4...

Replication and the 2 SQL Jobs "REPL-Snapshot"
Replication and the 2 SQL Jobs "REPL-Snapshot". We have disabled the jobs for 6 months. >From research my understanding is that these jobs just need to be run once to create the files in the mscrm/unc....folders. Once those files are created this job may be turned off. If any schema changes are made these would then need to be run again so that changes get reflected on the clients MSDE. I am after confirmation that the above is indeed correct The Sync is also very slow . Any advises ...

Boost SQL Priority
Hello: Please tell me if the following settings are good or bad in SQL 2000/2005 for GP 9.0/10.0: Boost SQL Priority for Windows Changing Min/Max Memory Settings "Programs" instead of "Background Services/System Cache" in Performance tab of the Server's System settings Thank you, for your time! childofthe1980s Hi, I know this is an older article, but I think it should help. Microsoft SQL Server Recommended Database Settings and Supported Sort Orders with Great Plains KB 865882 I have another document that is rather large called Optimize Performance and Tro...

Cannot load .pst file from data server.
Hi , My company used to store all the .pst file in a data server. All Outlook profile called from a map driver which located within the data server. For some reason, it started to pop out the error message " Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is loast due to server or network problems. ...."and "Ubable to display the foler. An error occurred that prevented the file P:\..... from being saved. Close and then restart all mail- enabled applications." I'm sure the network connection to the...

Server Type radio buttons disabled
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 running on a terminal server for about 20 users. We have recently started seeing that the Server Type radio buttons are disabled when you try to create a new account. The only way to fix this is to set the user as an admin, setup the account (where the radio buttons are now enabled) and then set them back to normal user rights. Is there any reason why this has started happening? I know that some other people on the net have had the same issue, but i cant find a definate fix for the problem. Help Olly -- ________________________________________________ ADSSupport.ne...

EAS - SMTPProxy Registry Entry
Hi, I am having a problem with EAS where users in a certain domain cannot connect. It appears the issue is the users primary SMTP address is not listed in the 'default' recipient policy. So having digged around I have found a KB article 886346 describing the fix as adding the SMTPProxy registry entry. What the article doesn't mention is on which server, I assume it's the mailbox server but it could be the frontend server, I'm not sure. If somebody could confirm which server to make this change to it will be much appreciated. ...

Need SQL Assistance
I've been able to determine that our Store Ops Item database has 31 items that are INACTIVE when compared to our HQ database (I ran a SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ITEM WHERE INACTIVE = 1). However, I've been unable to determine WHICH 31 items. I'd like to run a QUERY that will show me the items in our HQ Item database that are different from the items in our Store Ops Item database. HQ is on server1 and Store Ops is on server2. Can someone familiar with SQL tell me the query? Scott Hi Luminox, You can run the following query to get the result set (can be run any server) but make ...

Robust Server using Sockets
Hi, I want to develop a server application which can handle 1 million clients. I plan to use asynchronous tcp/ip sockets to handle clients. The communication is not frequent and the data transfered is also less(Max 100kb packet) I have some ideas to implement it 1. To have a single server which will service all the 1 million clients. Server will listen to the connections on a particular port and once connected will keep the connection open forever. 2. To have a single server which will service all the 1 million clients. Server will send data in one port and receive data in other port. Onc...

Moving an Exchange server
Dear all I need to move an Exchange 2003 server from our office in Oxford to an office in Birmingham. Same domain, org, site. Is in a different admin group at present. I was proposing to turn it off, drive it up there and turn it on again. Anyone know any problems with doing that? On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:39:10 GMT, Lata <jemimas@adp-architects.co.uk> wrote: >Dear all > >I need to move an Exchange 2003 server from our office in Oxford to an >office in Birmingham. Same domain, org, site. Is in a different admin >group at present. > >I was proposing to tur...

Route outgoing mail to aol.com through a specific Exchange Server
E2K3 same organisation, one located in US , one overseas. The server in US can send email to aol.com, the other one can't because of a reverse DNS issue. There is a permanent border to border VPN between 2 locations. How can I convince the server overseas to forward (only) the mail to aol.com domain to the server in US? Thanks Cristian Croitoru "Cristian Croitoru" <c_croitoru@hotmail.com> wrote: >E2K3 same organisation, one located in US , one overseas. >The server in US can send email to aol.com, the other one can't because of a >reverse DNS issue....

Requesting data from microsoft exchange server
Hi. We have a small accounting practice with 4 users. Until recently we had an exchange server with two users connecting and using a shared calendar. Recently we changed this to make all four have email and access the shared calendar. For two users, not the original two, it works fine. But for one user it takes a long time to open Outlook, and the first error is the exchange server is unavailable, if retry is clicked it finally connects, after it connects things run smoothly. For the other, it takes a long time to connect and send and receive messages too, with the Requesting data fro...

budget/bills issues in 2005
Has anyone experienced the following problem? I recently upgraded from 2003 to 2005 and the recurring bills in the budget summary appear to be doubled, sometimes tripled in amounts for the current month and the next month. I have tried recreating a new budget and recreating every recurring bill ... with the same result. The only thing that works is assigning old transactions to a bogus category, deleting the category from the budget, then recreating a new recurring bill with the flushed out "new" catagory ... I got this from the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If this is this the...

Terminal Server and Outlook issue.
I have not been on this newsgroup for some time, so if this has come up before, sorry. Customer A has 20 users connecting to a Win2K Terminal Server. All are using Outlook. ( Office2000). Recently 2 users have experienced a problem when sending email. "TCP/IP error, cannot connect to server". What I have found is that if the user A, opens a new session and opens Outlook, they can send & receive emails. As soon as they close Oulook and reopen still in the same session, the error occurs when trying to send an email. All the other users are okay and I created user A on the ...

One Dynamics server with multiple databases on 2 servers?
What licensing is needed to run with the Company databases on two or more different servers. We are happy just to have to one Dynamics database - do all compnay databases have to live on the same server. Thanks The dynamics and company databases must be one one server. -- Charles Allen, MVP "mfhau" wrote: > What licensing is needed to run with the Company databases on two or more > different servers. > We are happy just to have to one Dynamics database - do all compnay > databases have to live on the same server. > > Thanks so what's the story wi...

Which server should be the best
I have two new servers that both meet the minimal specs. One is faster and has more memory. Use it for SQL Server or the CRM Server? What about hard drive space? In general, I'd make the SQL box teh better one (especially with memory). Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:50:05 -0800, "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have two new servers that both meet the minimal specs. One is faster and has more memory. Use it for SQL Server or the CRM Server?...