modify contact address when account address gets modified

Hi,
How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ?
For example the main company phone number and the main address ?

Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ?

Thanks for any advice
Wim
0
wim
1/10/2005 7:46:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this
(though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would
think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more
info at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp?frame=true

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Wim" wrote:

> Hi,
> How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ?
> For example the main company phone number and the main address ?
>
> Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ?
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Wim

how to get top most *visible* window?
Hi, How can I get top most window in Z order on the system which is visible only ? My application shows a top most window. Here is my code to get top most window where I used GetWindow function to get top most window relative to my window hMyTopMostWindow. HWND hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hMyTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDFIRST); while (!IsWindowVisible(hSystemTopMostWindow)) { hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hSystemTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDNEXT); } Using above code serves my purpose but not feasible to use it when I am using it in iterative calls. Is thers any window function that does same thi...

How do I get the From line to appear in the message header?
Our home laptop has two e-mail addresses and I want the Sender or 'from' line to show above the 'To' line in the message header. This is so I can pick which sender is sending the e-mail (myself or the other user). I went to View/Message Header but it only has Bcc. Can anyone help? It is Microsoft Outlook 200 SR-1 Hi, To show the "From" field in your email message, follow the appropriate steps below. If you are using the Microsoft Outlook e-mail editor On the View menu, click From Field. If you are using Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor ...

Adding address to Outlook from Web
I search for phone numbers on the web, like InfoSpace White Pages/Yellow Pages, MSN, etc... and when the name, address and phone number would come up, there would be an icon that read "Add to Outlook", I would click that and it would create a "vcf" file, then I would save to Desktop and then import into Outlook. I can't find that feature anymore. I've tried several phone number look up web pages. Anyone know of a web page that offers the "Add to Outlook"? That makes it handy to add addresses to my contacts folder. Thanks! DAvid ----------------------...

Custom address list and OU members
How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an specific Organization Unit. Jens Erik You'll have to come with another identifier to add to each AD object within the OU. For example, set a common value for dept then base the LDAP filter on that value. Nue "Jens Erik" <Jens Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9F426F8-8BBA-46CF-8BC5-F9C960A07D87@microsoft.com... > How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an > specific > Organization Unit. > > Jens Erik Is'nt there any attribute whi...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Option to Include/Exclude Account in Budget is Inactive
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. However, tn the account details for both accounts, the option to include in the budget planner is "checked" but is grayed out and in-active; thus I can't uncheck it. How to make active to enable to uncheck? ...

Contact Methods
Can anyone tell me how I can retrieve the CRM Contact Methods values and Text? Thanks in Advance, Rick Are you trying to use the .net assemblies (SDK) to retrieve data from the system or am I misreading your question? If so just use the Contact.Retrieve method and use an XmlDocument to read the resulting XML. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Rick" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can retrieve the CRM Contact Methods values and > Text? > > Thanks in Advance, > Rick > > > Yes, I'm using .net (SDK). I am writing on online service request...

Can't Unblock Contact
I accidentally blocked a contact. I found the below instructions for unblocking but I'm not having success with either option. Under Tools, I do not have a Privacy Tab.I'm not sure what is meant by Contact Pane. If I click recipients or address book, I don't have an unblock option. I'm using Outlook Express 6 and I no longer see a message group for posting. To unblock someone from sending you an instant message You can unblock messeges from someone who is online. 1.. In Outlook Express, in the Contacts pane, double-click the name of the contact whose mes...

Script error when tyring to create new crm contact with outlook
I have just installed CRM and web interface works ok, now I started installing outlook client and it wen't ok, only needed to install xml core separately. Everything looked great until I started testing from Outlook client, I made new crm appointment and then I tried to add new contact, I click from button labeled regarding, then from window that opened I have tried to choose account and also contact, error is same, anyway after choosing contact or account I click New... soon new window opens labeled quick create account/contact, then Internet Explorer script error box opens readin...

Updating Bank of America account.
Good morning! I have two BoA accounts (WA) that I synch with MS Money. The synch is failing this morning, and when I hit the BoA site, they have completed updated/changed logon proceedure now with sitekeys, new user ID, etc etc. How do I update MS Money to reflect this change? I *REALLY* hope that it isnt remove the existing BoA account and add it back.. assuming Money will understand or deal with the new logon proceedures. Anyone else seeing this or know how to update the logon proceedures? I've run into this, among other things, since the prolonged 'maintenance' downti...

I keep getting an error message when I try to send an email.
Please help...recently changed from MAC Entourage to Windows Outlook. I cannot send emails but can receive with no problem. I checked with local provider and said it's not their problem as I am set up correctly with POP and SMTP servers. Here is the message I keep receiving: Task 'mail.adelphia.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Any suggestions? Thanks! "prb...

Need help for getting output
have information from different people and want to consolidate it in one single sheet using pivot tabel (without using macro) sample- Data - 1 Name Date Org Status Tiff # Anita 14-Apr-10 it processed 123 Anita 14-Apr-10 it pending 126 Anita 15-Apr-10 datex pending 128 Data 2 Name Date Org Status Tiff Rahul 14-Apr-10 it processed 131 Rahul 15-Apr-10 datex pending 134 Rahul 15-Apr-10 datex processed 135 it is a continues process day by day both data are from different excel sheet want it in one sheet Hi Without using a macro you can only do a manual cop...

Fixed Asset Account Distributions
Hello: When you first save an asset without having the Auto Add Book Info box checked, you have to click "Save" in the asset's book window in order to see the account distributions. Does that mean that you have to do hit the Save button not just to see the account distributions but to have those accounts posted to as well? What I'm getting at concerns the importing of new assets through the Import/Export Tool. You have to have the Auto Add Book info box unchecked before importing. So, does this Save button in the Book window have to be clicked subsequently after im...

one key adding email account to Blocked sender list
Hi, Can any one tell me how to set an email account to the "Blocked Senders List" with a hot key rather then the right mouse-junk mail-add sender to blocked process? I don't want to do a lot of 'mousing-around', just set the msg sender onto the block sender list quickly and move on. Thanks, Hal ...

worksflow sending email to multiple external addresses not possibl
We have a case form on which both the client account (standard entitiy) as well as the responsible vendor account (a custom entity) are linked. When a case is generated, we want the case to be sent to the vendor automatically, using workflow. When creating the workflow to send the e-mail, it does not seem possible to select an e-mail address associated with the vendor (custom entity); only the 'regular' LOGICAL USER/ACCOUNT/CONTACT etc are selectable. Am I missing something here? Grateful, Henri You are not missing anything. You are severaly limited in who you can send to. ...

getting VERY close in getting RPC_over_HTTP right.OWA warning is gone
Hi guys (Exc2003 and outlook 2003) My first warning is gone after changing my url to be the same as certificate name.Thanks to oliver and andy.If i now try and connect by entering "outlook.exe /rpcdiag" in the run box i keep on getting the box where i must enter credentials. If i ping "servername.externaldomain.co.za" then i get a reply. However the box that keeps on popping up after i put in my credentials is trying to connect to "servername.thedomainthatweusewithinournetwork.local". If i try and ping this i get a request timed out which tells me it tryin...

Set outlook the same with both accounts
I have an admin account and a guest account, but I want them to use the same mail account. I set up the admin account by setting the form name, address, pop3 server and smtp, name p-word. So when I log in with the admin account, it gets my mail for me. But I tried this exact thing with the guest account and it dosn't work, nothing happens. I want it so you start outlook for both, and it gets the mail. Why is the guest account not working? Does any one know? >-----Original Message----- >I have an admin account and a guest account, but I want >them to use the same mail acc...

Silently drop incoming messages if address doesn't match AD
Is this possible to do with W2K3/Exchange2003? Can implement Recipient Filtering, rejects message before DATA portion is transmitted but still sends ndr unless you disable NDRs completely from smtp vs. Can use it along with smtp tar pitting. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842851 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F841BDFF-F6B8-4AF8-A5C8-F0744CE5A4D4@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to do with W2K3/Exchange2003? Thanks, let me give this a shot. "Bharat Suneja"...

check external email accounts
How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on sbs2003? You will need a POP client such as Outlook Express or Outlook 2002 and above can provide this function for additional accounts. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Diana" <diana@ezstore.com> wrote in message news:017101c3d6ed$2a5ce4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on > sbs2003? ...

MS Money Mortgage Account
I currently running MSM03. I have a mortgage account set up for the monthly payments. I set the account up based upon the amount of loan, monthly payment, rate and escrow details. When I pay the mortgage from my checking account, it automatically calculates the principal and interest per the orignal set up. Recently the calculated values are incorrect. For instance this month, an 1,800.00 payment should have calculated the payment to be ~801 (P) and ~789 (I), plus fixed excrow. It instead calculates tne principal as ~1,500.00 splits the fixed escrow and then calculates the interest as wh...

serialize address ID for customers
We would like our address ids to be automatically allotted sequentially starting 10001. We do not have VBA. Can this be done straight through sql? Sincerely, James No, you would have to use Dexterity or vba to do this as there isn't anything in GP that "defaults" address id's. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB00187-F74E-492A-BC4E-643F9091840F@microsoft.com... > We would like our address ids to be auto...

IMAP address on exchange sever

Addresses
Can anyone explain how the additional addresses on the Account and Contact forms interact with the Address1 and Address2 on the main form? Coming from a GP mentality, I would expect the 'main' address to be easily switched from the other addresses. What role do the additional addresses play with CRM (specifically 4.0), and, if it is as limited as it looks, has anyone done anything to extend the capabilities? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_84209C48 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support...

Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)
Okay, this is insanse. Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows is generated. CellA1 CellA2 .... CellA80 I need two things: One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels. I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY like this (not allowed to vary on this): CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 etc ... Two: I would like to NOT use Word. I've tried formatting the cel...

can't display address properties
our envirnment is exchange2k3 sp2 and outlook2k3. In outlook,open a message,double click local domain sender/recipient, we can't get address properties,if we double click external domain sender,it's no problem. how do i setup it in exchange server that we can get local domain sender address information? thanks jack ...