Missing New button on Address entity customization

Greetings.

I'm implementing MS CRM 3.0 at my organization and am currently going
through to spruce up the default views in the app.  When I go to
Settings -> Customizations -> Customize Entities -> Addresses, there is
no New button from which to make new views.  Am I missing something?
I've got that button on other entities such as Accounts and Contacts,
so it puzzles me that it is not there for Addresses.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dale.

0
shrumishi
1/18/2007 9:37:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Dale,

Yes, it's normal that CRM 3.0 don't let you create new view for the
address because Customer Address is a special table that's use for
account and contact to store extra addresses besides the two. Don't
know why they do it that way, I will submit a feedback to microosft to
see if they going to fix it on the next version.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowecrm.com

shrumishi@yahoo.com wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'm implementing MS CRM 3.0 at my organization and am currently going
> through to spruce up the default views in the app.  When I go to
> Settings -> Customizations -> Customize Entities -> Addresses, there is
> no New button from which to make new views.  Am I missing something?
> I've got that button on other entities such as Accounts and Contacts,
> so it puzzles me that it is not there for Addresses.
>
> Any direction would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale.

0
Darren

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

customizing quote merge template

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Setting up a new e-mail account

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Input to custom reports

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Customer check data

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...

How do I delete a custom attribute.
Help! I created a custom attribute in the Contact Entity of my Microsoft CRM on my production server and it has a typo. I would really like to rename it or delete it but there is no obvious way. I have also looked through MSDN etc and have found no reference to it (creating yes, deleting editing, no). Thanks in advance. Unfortunately it is not possible to edit or delete schema fields in MS CRM 1.2 "MagKip" <mkipiniak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2f1d4940.0409080656.65b00dde@posting.google.com... > Help! I created a custom attribute in the Contact Entity of my &...

How Do I Create A Personal Address Book In Outlook 2002
Hi: I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go about creating a personal address book. Thanks in advance. Lisa wrote: > Hi: > > I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go > about creating a personal address book. > > Thanks in advance. You have a contacts folder ...that's what you should use. "Personal Address Book" means .pab file - it's an old legacy thing, not what you want or need. Enter all your contacts/addresses in your Contacts folder. If it isn't showing up as an address book when you click the TO bu...

Is there a way to add a toolbar button for individual signatures?
Using Outlook 2003 (not using Word), is there a way to add a toolbar button for individual signatures? It seems as though you can add the Signatures button and the More... buttons to the toolbar, but you can't select and drag individual signatures to the toolbar. Any ideas? Thanks! Kevin No Spam <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 (not using Word), is there a way to add a toolbar > button for individual signatures? It seems as though you can add the > Signatures button and the More... buttons to the toolbar, but you > can't select and drag indivi...