Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?

Hello
We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users
We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment
Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM

thank you very much for your help
vikrantca
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

vikrantca wrote:
> We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users.
> We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop,
> smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup
> that I need to do to deploy the test environment.
> Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that
> it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM.

set up an Exchange Server and configure SMTP (mostly done by default).
You can define a smarthost to which all SMTP mail will be sent
(= your UNIX SMTP server). So you don't need to connect your
Exchange Server to the internet, etc.

see answer above. My CRM 1.2 Beta arrives at the beginning of
next week. That's why I haven't known how much Exchange is,
integrated with CRM 1.2, yet.

You may also consider to use Small Business Server 2003
Premium for your test environment. AFAIK CRM 1.2 is fully
supported on SBS2003. It comes with all products you need
to run CRM 1.2. You may get SBS2003 RC1 or an evaluation
version of SBS2003 RTM. If you are a MSDN Subscriber you
can download it from the MSDN Subscription Downloads site.

SBS2003 comes also with an POP3 connector component. That
means you can fetch the mailboxes of your UNIX POP3 server,
too.

HTH

Regards
--
Thomas Wenzl [MVP for Outlook]

Share what you know, learn what you don't!
(Deja/Google)
0
Thomas
11/26/2003 1:39:55 PM
Thank you Thomas for your reply.

vikrantca
I know you probably know but just in case....Exchange is not needed for CRM
unless you want to send email so you can of course test out CRM without
email functionality. SBS 2003 is supported in the 1.2 release and so it
would be the easiest to setup in a test environment as it all will run on
one box

"vikrantca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users.
> We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in
place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do
to deploy the test environment.
> Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses
the parent email system and still be used with the CRM.

> thank you very much for your help.
> vikrantca

0
John

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

Exchange update problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Outlook 2003

DNS Error on Exchange

Please ignore #2

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...