migrating fogbugz data to crm

Has anybody done, or heard of, a migration of Fogbugz (5.0) data to MS
CRM support queues (MSCRM 3)?

Thanx,

-Tony

0
Anthony
5/8/2007 4:10:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have watched these groups since they were created all the way back in 2003
and have never heard mention of anyone wanting to migrate from fogbugz to
crm.

I am assuming you have done enough research to show that CRM can take over
the functions you used fogbugz for.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Anthony J. Biacco" <thelittleprince@asteroid-b612.org> wrote in message

> Has anybody done, or heard of, a migration of Fogbugz (5.0) data to MS
> CRM support queues (MSCRM 3)?
>
> Thanx,
>
> -Tony

0
John

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

Install Fail CRM 3.0
I am having a problem with the CRM 3.0 install, an excerpt from my logfile is listed below. My setup is: The CRM box has the following installed: Windows 2003 Std Server MS SQL 2005 (with SSRS installed) Other Boxes: Another Server runs MS Excahnge Domain Controllers I have tried to install CRM to the local domain (Atlas) and to the OU both give this result. I have IIS running, I can browse to the default web., the SSRS Reports and ReportServer sites OK. I got thru the prerequisites OK. Excerpt of the logfile where it stops: 11:39:30|Verbose| Adding account NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK S...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

CRM Mobile and language
Hi all, we have installed CRM 3.0 SBS in Italian language, and we'd like to use also CRM Mobile. The problem is that CRM Mobile is not available in Italian, and the installation requires the same language of CRM version installed on the server. Does someone know if the Italian version of CRM Mobile will be released? Thanks, Enrica Hi Enrica, AFAIK there are no plans to release MS CRM Mobile in other languagues. If you're willing to look for a commercial solution, our CWR Mobile CRM application works against any language CRM installation. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobi...

Area, perimeter, and color in shape data
Hi everyone, I have Visio Professional 2007. First, I don't have great skill yet in making shape data. But also, I would like to have the following data show in the shape data for various geometrical shapes (like squares, rectangle, or circles, for example): - the area of the shape - the perimeter of the shape - the color of the shape Now, I understand that I can go to Tools > Add-Ons > Visio Extras > Shape Area and Perimeter to get the first two items. I also know that this information will change dynamically as I alter the shape. So far, so good. ...

Getting data point from an accel chart
I have an excel chart that I want to get the data points(x,y) from. The source data refers to cells in the same sheet, but I don't see any cell in that work sheet. Only the chart. I can run the cursor over the line and get the x,y coordinates for each point. I would like to copy the x,y values, to reproduce the curve in another program ...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

CRM V3C "View in CRM" Issues on Office 2007 / Vista
I believe I've seen a few posts for this issue, but I couldn't find a resolution. I've got CRM V3C installed on Office 2007 / Vista. For each item (Contacts, Emails, Tasks, Appt's), each time I hit "Track in CRM" and "Set Regarding/Parent" it works fine - as it does create the appropriate record in CRM and create the correct "Regarding" Relationship. The problem is whenever I hit "View in CRM", it's opening a blank screen with the following URL "https:// crm//_root/stage.aspx" This is happening if I select a Contact, ...

User accidentally removed Microsoft CRM hierarchy in Outlook
How do I get it back? ...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Error while installing language pack in MS CRM 4.0
Hello people, Downloaded and installed a couple of language packs succesfully in MS CRM 4.0. However, when I log into the CRM interface to actually activate the language pack I get an error when I try that. When I look at the application log in Windows, I can see the following error coming form the MSCRMWebService: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.LocalizedLabel' with unique index 'ndx_LocalizedLabel_ForSingleSelect'. The statement has been terminated. Anyobdy a suggestion ? Many thanks in advance ! Regards, Mav. I have...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Data validation lookup
Is there a way to have a drop down list using data validation in file "jobs.xls" sheet "Sheet 1" Cell C4 to select a contact from a list that is in the file "parts.xls" sheet "contact" and fill in the corresponding cells in "Jobs.xls". The list of contacts starts on row 3 and goes to row 48 now but there will be more in the future. If there is another way to do this other than data validation I am open to other ideas. In "Job.xls" Sheet name is "Sheet 1" C4 C5 C6 D6 E6 C7 D7 C8 C9 ...

Compare data
Hi I would like to be able to compare data between two tables. Each table contains around 60 brands; however,the exact number of brands varies month to month, but the top brands are always there. This is the data I have each month: Column 1 = rank Column 2 = brand Column 3 = points (relates to performance) But I would like to compare the month with the previous month and for this I need to include two more columns: Column 4 = percentage change Column 5 = rank last month I have been calculating the figure for columns 4 & 5 with formulas one at a time. Can anyone suggest how I might aut...

CRM integration with SAP R3
Hi, I'd like to know if is possible to integrate microsoft dynamics CRM with SAP R3 and wich is the best way to do. Is the any connector available? Thanks. Hi, Integration is possbile through custom development but currently there is no third party connector availalbe in market. You may use biztalk for integration or do custome integration using CRM SDK. For detatails: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/mar06/03-27Convergence2006CRMPR.mspx You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post ...