Migrating Data from Act 2005 to CRM 3.0

Is it possible for me to export from Act 2005 to Outlook and then, export
into CRM 3.0.  Will this all me to keep the notes in Act 2005.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM toolbar in Outlook 03-21-06
Please help, I have a problem of moving the CRM toolbar in Outlook to the bottom of the Subject line. I Can only move for that session but when I close Outlook, it comes right back to the top. I appreciated for any help. Thanks much I can repro this behavior as well. We will consider correcting this issue in a future service pack or release. An issue has been entered into our tracking data base. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "lovean11" <lovean11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Reinstalling CRM 05-31-06
I have to reinstall CRM in a test environment for a fresh instance. Now the documentation lists the steps but do I need to reinstall the mail router. Looks like if url for the crm web page does not change it should be ok. Any experience with that? The mail router is never needed unless you want to feed email activities into CRM. If this is only a test server and you dont need email connectivity then the router is not needed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Rob" <rob@removedis.vervocity.com> wrote...

how can compare data between two worksheets?
What's the best way to compare data between two worksheets and highlight the similarities? Also say you are comparing a list of people's names but one worksheet has a column that has the person's full name preceded by title while the other list has separate columns for first and last name? How could you compare the names in that situation? The way you have your sheets set up makes it difficult to be sure. The following macro will work but can give a wrong result (see below). Sub t() Dim rngToSearch As Range, rngToCheck As Range Dim c, d, sName As String ...

What if I DON'T want the chart to be updated when source data changes?
I'm using a huge spreadsheet to create a series of charts. I need to re-sort the *entire* spreadsheet for each chart I create, which causes all the previous charts to change. How can I create a chart, "freeze" it, and then go on to create more charts from different data on the same spreadsheet? the easiest way to do it is to copy the chart as a picture (hold shift)<edit><Copy as picture>and paste the picture in a sheet. the other way to do it is to create a new copy of the data sheet for each chart you need to make. "arhooley" wrote: > I'm using...

importing the 'to' field history #3
When you have emailed someone in outlook the next time you type in the first few characters of that name it pops up for you to select. Does anybody know the extension of the log file that contains that history so that I may import that file to a new machine? it's called the *.NK2 if you use outlook 2002 or 2003. Look for it in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook - it'll be named fr your profile. If the profile on the new machine uses a different name, change the name of NK2 you move to match. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourse...

copy and paste question #3
oopps, Got it I didn't highlight the formula. Thanks for the info. I ge all my questions here -- hb247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27874 ...

Select Case for Linked Data
I want to do a loop that says "if ActiveSheet.Cells(column, I) matches Sheet2.Cells("A1:A50"), select row." How do I do this? ...

CRM privileges....
When I go to open up the workflow monitor or manager after a fresh install it says: "you do not have sufficient privileges to run the Microsoft CRM workflow monitor" How can I access these two features? I added the computer (which is also the SQL server) to the Windows Pre-compatability group, but I didn't see any other advice on what rights had to be assigned. Can anyone tell me where to assign the privileges so I can use the workflow monitor/manager? If you haven't already done so, you'll need to add a user to CRM and assign the user a System Administrator secur...

Changing cell data
Hi all, How do I write either a macro for or program excel to do the following? I want to take a sheet and create this data base of say sets of cameras with certain configurations and have a second sheet change certain cells that are dedicated to those sets. So that if cell a2 in sheet one changes. It will change the data in specific cells in another sheet. Say cells a20,a50,a70 and so on. Hi Harry you have to be a little bit more specific, or give some examples. For your specific issue you may have a look at VLOOKUP. Frank Harry B wrote: > Hi all, How do I write either a macro for o...

Disqualified/Inactive record search in CRM
hi I am keen to know if under contacts/leads/companies one can search for inactive records. I cant seem to be able to do this. Even if i select inactive contacts/disqualified leads and search for names under those views CRM does not display any records when i know they are there and i can see them in SQL. Any adviceeee pleasee would be helpful. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

Moving SQL Server for CRM 1.2 12-15-05
Hi there! We have to move our MS CRM SQL server from one machine to another, due to slowly failing hardware. (We have the recommended setup of a dedicated SQL server and a separate dedicated CRM/IIS server.) Now according to the document found on Customer Source (article 861115), in Step 8 we have to reinstall MSCRM, so that the new SQL server can be connected up. The document was written for CRM 1.0. We have CRM 1.2 (plus diverse patches and hot fixes etc), and in the deployment manager, there is a wizard which lets us choose a new SQL server. Question: Is the un-install and re-inst...

Dynamics 4.0 error
By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active Directory. We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still part of the domain. We unjoined and then rejoined the domain. Now when any user attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid. Please help thanks On Oct 29, 2:54=A0pm, Irshard <Irsh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active > Directory. =A0We got back onto the machine an...

migrating from OneNote 2010 beta to ?
Hi, I'm interested in trying OneNote 2010. Does anyone know if I'm able to install just OneNote 2010, over top of my home Office 2007 installation? Or, if I uninstall 2007 as MS suggests, will the 2010 documents be backwards compatible if I later decide to not purchase 2010? Finally, should I expect to be able to use the 2010 beta up until 2010 is actually released? Or will there certainly be a gap in which I will need to revert to 2007? thanks! On Nov 21, 12:35=A0pm, Doug Smith <slu...@telus.net> wrote: > Hi, > I'm interested in trying OneNote 2...

Getting external data from Access to Excel
Hi, Is it possible to get external data from access to excel? I want to put the value of euro/usdollar to one cell in a worksheet. The conversion rates are stored in a table in an access database. excel and access are both 2003. Thanks for answers. From within Excel, Data / Pivot Table and Chart report / External data Source / Get Data / MS Access database / Browse to mdb file and create what you need via the Pivot Table wizard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ----------------------------...

Copy a Data Series Between Charts???
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? thnx In article <t83kj01opo7h9c9hnhdgmq0ov3fo6j0h3e@4ax.com>, phil6666 @adelphia.net says... > > based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of > data series between the graphs. > What does "movement of data series between the graphs&quo...

Excel 2007 Charts, Format data point.
I have several column charts displayed on a tab sheet (worksheet) of an Excel 2007 workbook. Some charts have a single series of data, others have more than one series per category. I want to visually differentiate some of the columns/bars in a series as representing older (vs. current) data. I can do this by double clicking on each affected bar to [Format data point] (as opposed to [Format data series]). From here, I can change the attributes (such as fill color or border style) of a single bar. (Cool.) On the charts with more than one series this works fine. However, on c...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format. Thank you. And just who gets the answer? Farzana kwchong or susan? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kwchong" <user00@executrain.com.my> wrote in message news:%23NCOtrP0EHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert > Excel file to Lotus format. > > > Thank you. > > ...

Numbers send to Excel in 0.0% format change to 0.00%
My program sends data from MSAccess to Excel. Numbers are formatted from Access as percentages with one decimal point. ex. in MSAccess number is 8.5% but when send to Excel number becomes 8.50%. Is there any reason for this ? Can it be avoided ? Is time consuming to format them again in Excel. Excel and Access have a few inconsistencies like this and I don't have a solid answer. I would check your 'percent' style in Excel under Format>Style... It may not help but is one idea. You could set a macro which runs after the data is refreshed which sets all the formats. Post back ...

Collecting Live Data
I have a macro which collects live data from a DDE link. Every time there is a data update it copies the new data and adds it to the bottom of the table of all previous data. The problem is I want the new data to be added to the top of the 'table' since it is the new data I am interested in (The data is stock market price/volume), and I don't want to have to scroll down to the bottom of all the records (00's/sec) to see the most recent update. The macro I use (below) is not mine but seems to be efficient. If anyone has a suggestion as to how I can resolve or even improve the e...

CRM Not finding local server in the deployment app
The install went pretty well however when i run the deployment manager (which was a pain to even get going) and try to add a new user i get the following error. "the server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is not currently available, it is not a CRM server, or you do not have sufficent priveledges to access it. Please contact you sys admin(me)" I am running all on one box and when i test the connection to the DB it tect successfully. Using W2003 and SQL2K w SP3 and have installed the license. Good thing this is a test enviroment.. PLEASE HELP FOR WE WAN...

An Error has occurred when trying to logon to CRM
Our CRM was working correctly for well over two months. Yesterday we tried to logon and it allows us to enter our username and password, and then when it trys to load we receive an error that simply states: An error has occurred. For more information please contact your System Administrator. We get two buttons: Try Again or Go Back. This happens for everyone including Administrator. Any thoughts? All services are running correctly and there is no errors in any of the event logs. Are your clients Windows XP and have just applied XP Service Pack 2? If so you need to patch C...

consolidating data from 2 worksheets
My company downloads 2 huge files every month we can access regarding customer transactions. There is some useful information in these files, but much of it I usually discard. What would be the best way for me to pull the needed columns/rows of information from each sheet and consolidate it every month? Would it be beneficial for me to set up a macro for this? (Currently i cut/paste the columns i need into a new spreadsheet, which is very time consuming) Hi, BrianB posted this answer to a similar question a while back. You might try it. Good luck. Jeff =================================...

Address List Issue #3
When I create address lists based on the "division" attribute and try to preview them from within ESM (Exchange 2003 SP1), I see nothing. However, the contents are fully visible from Outlook. The contents of other lists based on other attributes (e.g. title) are fully visible from within ESM. Does the attribute used have to be in the global catalog? ...

An Excel Formula know how to re-arrange the data
The 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D and E In B3 down is: 35, 45, 13, 8 and 3. The result which I want is to list the data E, D, C, A and B from the cell C3 to C7. I want a formula which know how to rank the data in which the Excel formula know B has the highest value of 45 and E has the lowest value of 3. Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200805/1 Try this entered in C3 and copied down: =INDEX(A$3:A$7,MATCH(SMALL(B$3:B$7,ROWS(C$3:C3)),B$3:B$7,0)) If there ar...

Pivot Table Data Source 2007 v. 2003 #2
Hi, people, I have the same problem with my new Excel07. I have a macro that creates pivot tables. the source is defined as range of columns (because the range of data rows may be various). but when i look at data source of created pivot tables, they end with row nr.16384 no matter how many rows the source have. Is there any other solution except of changing source manually at every of pivot tables? because if I do it, my file=B4s size increases to 60MB from 10MB. :( Thanks for sharing your experience Veronika ...