Microsolf Word 2000

I installed windows xp and now when I try to use
Microsolf word the program asked for a Key Number that is
found on the CD Jewel. I don't have that Number. Can you
Help? John
0
John
10/9/2003 2:14:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Page Break in Excel 2000 Professional
I have Office 2000 Professional installed. I am unable to move page breaks in Page Break Preview. I have no idea why this is a problem now. I had always been able to adjust the page breaks using Page Break Preview. Why am I having this problem now? I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject. P.S. I'm also having a problem with Word in the same suite. It unexpectedly quits when I open a spanish language document. Anyone have any clues why? Either of these could be the source of your problem. You have two or more sheets grouped. Right-click on a tab to "ungroup" OR ...

Is there something like Word's "CREATEDATE" function in Excel?
I've created a lovely invoice in Excel for my company. When I generate a new invoice from the template it puts in the date using the TODAY() function, but unfortunately this updates if I ever open the invoice again to look at it. In Word there is a "CREATEDATE" function which inserts the date that the file was created first, and never after does it change. Is there any way to accomplish this same task in Excel? Thanks, Michael mleenheer @ yahoo.com ML, Keyboard shortcut to date stamp is put your cursor in the cell you want and push -- ctrl ; --(thats ctrl and semicolon...

Opening Word 2007 Files
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He can open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file Icon in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007, in the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her other co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does anyone have any experience with this sort of a problem. I thank you Carl I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on the computer in question and right click it. Look fo...

Store.exe utilized over 90% CPU resource (exchange 2000)
Dear all, I ready installed Post-SP3 and modified register according to KB. But it still happens. Pls advise how to troubleshoot this problem. Thank in advance Regards Jeff Li You may need a specific fix. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821411 "Jeff Li" <JeffLi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E04BC3CD-ED03-415F-8D8B-090D5DFB4863@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > I ready installed Post-SP3 and modified register according to KB. But it > still happens. Pls advise how to troubleshoot this problem. > > Thank in adv...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

Word document sent by Mac client lost encoding when opened in OWA
When a Macintosh users sends a Word or Excel document(with the proper Windows extentions) the Word document loses its encoding when you try to open it with the OWA. The Excel document is unrecognized. When you open the message with an Outlook client on Windows or Mac the attachments are fine. ...

Outlook 2000 Won't Launch in XP
Hi I'm having an annoying problem with Outlook not launching. I click on the iconon the desktop and nothing happens. But when I try to log out I get the error message: 'Outlook.Exe is not responding'. I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 installed. Can anyone help? Many thanks JD -- Many thanks JD Will Outlook 2000 start in safe mode? How to: * Select Start > Run * Type: outlook.exe /safe * OK button "Jackie D" <jackied@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD7E67D0-A3AF-4B3A-B78E-4FDF1A51AE12@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I...

Importing Excel and Word using automation
The last time I tried this I got very frustrated. I think I'll probably need to buy a book or something. Can someone recommend such a resource, or any other suitable resource for that matter? Before you go out and buy a book, try reading the Automation documentation that Microsoft provides with their Office applications. The documentation file names vary, depending on the version of Office, but for instance, my Office 2003 documentation is in files named the following (obviously, the root path varies depending on where you installed): E:\Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM E:\Office\OFF...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 Optimal File Size
I have questions about SQL Server 2000 databases with Great Plains 8.0 and file size. After the upgrade to 8.0 our Company database has ballooned to a whopping 9 GB (including the transaction log). It was 7 GB before the upgrade. It seems really large to me and was wondering what the recommended settings were for the SQL databases with Great Plains. I have looked in the Knowledgebase and haven't found anything to give me good answers. Here are the specs on the Company database: Database Size = 7,184 MB, Space Used = 4,655 MB Log Size = 2,162 MB, Space Used = 76.99 MB Auto G...

Publisher 2000 #27
We are about to take a course in Publisher 2000. We have '95, '97, 2002 and 2003. While we don't have 2000 and that is the version being taught, can you suggest which version would be the closest to 2000 without having to purchase the version 2000. Would appreciate your answer. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Office Center of Gurnee <oficecenterofgurnee@comcast.net>!"... > We are about to take a course in Publisher 2000. We > have '95, '97, 2002 and 2003. While we don't have 2000 > and that is the vers...

Image size in Publisher 2000
I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2000. Newsletters with photos in are now a ridiculous size and become even bigger when converted to pdf. Too large to email. When the photos are deleted the file size reduces. Did not have this problem with Publisher 98 and am my wits end. Am running Windows 98SE. What have I done as I have never had this problem before? Ann G Hi Ann, Microsoft Publisher files are abnormally large: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/section_01.html This is quite normal, as Publisher converts all bitmapped image formats to uncompressed bitmaps when you insert...

why templates do not load into excel 2000?
I have excel 2000 loaded , but I cannot load financial templates from the Microsoft web site. I have SP3 for excel 2000 installed, using Windows XP Pro. Any ideas... Thanks Ron Are you prevented from doing due to some sort of restriction? Do you get an error message? Does nothing at all occur when you click on "Download"? Try these steps........... 1. Click tools 2. Click internet options 3. Click privacy tab 4. In the web sites area, click edit 5. In the address of web site textbox, paste http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/ 6.Click allow 7.Click OK 8. Click...

how to change numbers into words,
In excel how to change numberical data into english words, many times currency figures are required to be stated into english words as well so what is the formula for this problem, for example for US$ 5400 : $ Five thousand four hundred is the conversion into words. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mukesh Dhoot" <Mukesh Dhoot @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59710A8-2377-4CF5-98B0-229933A3DE33@microsoft.com... > In excel how to change numberical data into e...

Eseutil Worries on Exchange 2000
Hi everyone, I am currently testing an offline defrag of my biggest stores as they have grown well out of shape. Out of 25 stores ranging from 2 to 25Gb in size, I tried the eseutil -d succesfully on more than half. Problem is that on two of them the defrag took only 60-120 secs and it returned a 5Mb .edb and a 6Mb .stm while all mailboxes have disappeared. The command, switch and spelling is the same as in all the others. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I can afford this to happen in an offline test lab but not in the live production E2k boxes. Any help will be appreciated. John...

VBA Macro: Word 2003 (FormFields)
Hi, I have a question on how to capture a hyperlink that is inserted behind a checked FormField (type Checkbox). The idea is to create some sort of index page with checkboxes, which will summarize a number of hyperlinks (which point towards several files on the company network). A button will print out all of the CHECKED checkboxes. I'm not able to achieve this. This is my code so far: Private Sub PrintButton_Click() For x = 1 To ActiveDocument.FormFields.Count If ActiveDocument.FormFields(x).Type = wdFieldFormCheckBox Then If ActiveDocume...

cannot use alt+s as shortcut in outlook with word
When I use word to edit mails in outlook I can't use alt+s shortcut to send emails. I noticed that I can use alt+s+s when I am in the subject field, but not when I am in the text field. do you have any addins or utilities that may have remapped the alt+s key? did you customize the toolbar and add alt+s as a shortcut? Usually when you need to hit the key twice, it means the first one is selecting a different command... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdoliv...

Word as Email editor
Using Word as the editor, each time Outlook is opened, 2 other word items are opened at the same time and are unclosable. Any ideas for a solution? ...

Linking from Excel to Word
I was wondering if there is a way to link from an Excel file, to different locations within a single word document. I have successfully linked from an Excel file to another word document, which links to another word document. However, when I try to link from an Excel file to separate headers from within the same word document, I am unsuccessful…and, each time, simply link to the top of the word document. Is there a way to solve this? Any help is much appreciated. You're writing about hyperlinks??? If yes, insert a bookmark in your word file and use a hyperlink like: (Insert|h...

Macro in Excel 2000
During opening Excel file is displaying message about contains macro. Excel give two posibility: open with or without macro. After opening with macro, I can't see it in macros list (Tools/Macro/Macros). How I can check this macro and how I can delete it ?? Go to the VB IDE (Alt-F11) If the workbook has modules, select it, then remove it (File>Remove Module1). Say no to exporting. Then click on ThisWorkbook, and each Sheet listed to see if there is any code there, if so delete it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Marcin_71" <Marcin71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook 2000 SP3 (Digital ID can not be found) after renew certificate (Digital ID) with the same key Pair!
Hello , I have renewed my certificate keeping my keys the same , outlook is now not able to decrypt my encrypted Mails and i get the Message Digital ID can not be found ! is that normal ? How outlook check the DIGITAL ID ? is that means the Private key of certificate(same) ? public key(same) ? or key Pair(same) ? or fingerprint(not same) or serial number of certificate(not same)? Thanx Saleh Matani ...

How can i create custom label sizes in Publisher 2000?
We'd like to use Publisher 2000 to print package labels, 6 per page, 2 7/8"x5 1/2". We hope it will be less difficult to lay out than in Word. Suggestions? Thanks jim mumm See the following links: http://www.publishermvps.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=92&tabid=39&mid=440 http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mumm's Sprouting Seeds" <Mumm's Sprouting Seeds@discussi...

Navigating to Excel files over network slow, but not Word files
I have a PC with Excel 2003 SP3, when you click on "open" the window appears with a drop down arrow that allows you to navigate to your files. This person has all his files on the server and excel will take 30 seconds to populate the folder veiws, even when you find the folder you want, it still takes another 25 seconds to open that folder. The same process in Word 2003 only takes about 6 seconds!! If appears to be only an Excel issue. Anyone seen this before? I don't know why there's a difference between MSWord and Excel, but the more network drives and fol...

Selecting last word in a string
I have a list of names in column A, e.g. A1 contains Mr. & Mrs. Homer Simpson, A2 Mr. F. Smith, etc. I want to extract the last name so the B1 contains Simpson, B2 Smith, etc. I'm sure it can't be that difficult but after two hours of trying... Thanks, Peter Peter Andrews wrote... >I have a list of names in column A, e.g. A1 contains Mr. & Mrs. Homer >Simpson, A2 Mr. F. Smith, etc. > >I want to extract the last name so the B1 contains Simpson, B2 Smith, etc. > >I'm sure it can't be that difficult but after two hours of trying... If you'r...

how can i maintain bullet/alignment formatting within word fields?
i have created a 150 page document that's 75% dependent on fields, specifically { IF... } fields that determine ultimate content. within many fields, i need to use bullets (or simply insert bullet-like symbols and manually align). however, when i save the properly formatted document and then reopen it, the much of the bullet (or bullet-like symbols and alignment) are realigned to justify left and not indent the second line. thanks for any help!!! I don't know of a reliable way to apply paragraph formatting (such as bullets and indentation) via an IF field. You'...