Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser or Microsft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser

Is there a difference?

0
Jake
8/20/2004 8:42:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Version 1.0 versus 1.2.  1.2 added the Platform bit.

Stephen

"Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@order4chaos_nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there a difference?

0
Stephen

"Jake Horn" wrote:

> Is there a difference?

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Quotes, orders and invoices all crash CRM!
I have a post update callout process which I have attached to the update event on the quote, order and invoice. Having attached the process whenever I attempt to read an existing quote, order or invoice or to save a new quote, order or invoice CRM presents its 'an error has occurred please contact your system administrator' message. Normally in this case I would check the event viewer but in this case it is completely empty! The callout process as it's first action logs a message to a file just so that I can monitor the progress and this is not happening so it appears that the pro...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...

Need Training in office for CRM in Toronto, Onatrio
We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant that does CRM training. They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you Jasmine On Dec 18, 4:36 pm, Jasmine <Jasm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant > that does CRM training. > They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. > Thank you > Jasmine Hi Jasmine, I am part of the largest Microsoft CRM partner in the world. We have offices across North America and are very tightly integrated to the Microsoft CRM Produc...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...

Installing CRM on a domain controller
Has anyone installed CRM on a server which is their domain controller? If so are you having any issues with Crystal Reporting? Do not install Crystal on the same server as CRM. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone installed CRM on a server which is their >domain controller? If so are you having any issues with >Crystal Reporting? >. > Would this explain the following error in the event log: The port number specified for the server is already in use., The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use Also, doe...

When is Microsoft coming out with updated version of Publisher?
I've been using Pubisher since 1997 and it's great...but now it's almost FOUR years old with no no version! More graphics, more WordArt options, that would be nice. When are we going to see a Publisher 2006-7?????? There is a new version of Office being beta tested now with an approximate release date of Spring 2007. (No clue about the amount of clipart or WordArt. Sorry) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy O'Brien" <Nancy O'Brien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005128ED-EF3D-4ADA-B02D-B5EB6790BFC0@microsoft.com.....

Microsoft Outlook Client Track in CRM Feature.
Hello Everyone, I have a user who updates and creates new contacts on behalf of another user in the Exchange System by using contact sharing on a regular basis. Once the Contacts have been created, there is a requirement for our user to be able to then track those contacts in CRM. The problem that I have is that when the user hightlights a contact whilst working in an open shared contacts folder, CRM displays an error message "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM." Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? Kind Regard...

Password not remembered even though I've followed Microsoft's Registry edit....
Hello I have outlook 2003 and the password is not being remembered when I check email. I have followed Microsoft's instructions to edit the registry and remove the keys from the Protected Storage System provider but this has not helped. I am at a loss as I can't find any other information on this. I would appreciate any help. Thank you Jawaz Same thing happened to me. (XP prof + Outlook 2003). About 3 months ago the MS edit registry worked but the problem has cropped up again within the past 2 weeks. Appeared to coinside with the New Yahoo Mail change. Could it be related ...

Microsoft publisher 2002 Error 1706
I have a error message 1706 from msi installer that says: Set up cannot find the requested files office10\1033\setup.hlp Anybody knows anything about this?Is it possible to do some registry key modification to get rid of this error message box? Thanks in advance. OFFXP: "Error 1706...", "Installation Ended Prematurely..." When You Try to Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298021 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "ben" <benS21@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:69919abe.0307121025.3ff904...

How to change the SMTP Server in CRM
How can I change the SMTP Server after the installation? I follow the instructions on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906471 but I could not send anything. Does anybody can help me? -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Hello, Some time ago I solved this by just reinstalling the CRM server software using an existing database. Be carefull when you enter the SMTP settings. Do not use default settings because this assumes you are running SMTP on your ...

Microsoft CRM cannot go online.
we have been running CRM for over a year and in the last couple of days all outlook clients have lost the ability to go online. Accessing crm through ie is working fine. i have verified the registry under the HKCU\software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient - saw nothing out of the norm. On our network we have recently added ISA 2005 and exchange 2007. I am aware of the exchange router issue with 2007. we recently rolled out the CRM rollup 2 and had no problems after deployment. Has anyone seen this issue before? thank you G This is becuse of conflight with exchange 2007 and you have to repair the...

CRM SDK logging?
Is there a logging feature in the SDK? For example, to see exactly which APIs are getting called by whom etc. I understand even their UI is using the same SDK - although it doesn't seem to use Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll like us but rather Microsoft.CRM.COMProxy.dll - am I correct? In any case, it'd be very helpful if there was a way to see that kind of info. If anyone can share any info on the subject, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks ...

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
I bought Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 in November and have trying to use it to do my Dog Club stuff which I can enter information and save it but when it comes time to go back into the document to print or add something I can't. Getting into Microsoft Word is a problem it tells me that Office application does not match but can open it up and start entering information and then to save it is OK but when I want to get back into it I get the msg Document could not be opened because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your pref...

Tool Required for Borland C++ builder --> Microsoft C++
Hi, Is there any tool available which directly converts a project developed in Borland C++ to .NET platform?? There is a tool which does the converse, but i could not find one which does Borland -> .Net Sorry, wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is for Microsoft Access, a database application. Furthermore Borland and Microsoft are direct competitors so I doubt that Microsoft will provide conversion tools for an application developed in Borland C++. Suggest you try the Borland Web site or Borland-sponsored newsgroups rather than the Microsoft-sponsored newsgroups. -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (...

CRM Small Biz downgrade to Pro
Can you import your database from CRM Professional to CRM Small Business? If so, how? Hi, It should be possible but you may need to manually remove the licence records from the relevant SQL table before re-installing with Pro. Try this out in a VPC before trying it live. Regards, Peter. -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Carlos M. Smith" wrote: > Can you import your database from CRM Professional to CRM Small Business? If > so, how? ...