Microsoft Word Integration

We have a simple requirement:

a) Open a Contact
b) Klick a button
c) Open Word-Template selection
d) Create a new Word-Document, based on the selected template
e) Fill out the placeholders in the Microsoft Word Document
.... User edits the document ...
f) Klick a button in Word that checks in and connects the new
Document-Item with the current (origin) Contact

I haven't yet figured out if and how to do that.
Can anyone help?

Note: I know you can create a Word document based on a datasource.
The problem is that the datasource get lost when I check in those documents.

Markus Schmidt
(Germany)
0
Markus
2/15/2006 7:20:10 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

You will have no possivbility to do this in standard MS CRM .
We made a MS CRM Add-On "WordMailMerge for MS CRM" which
address exactly you problems.

You will have a button on the contact,account,.. form(also in the
webclient)
and then you can select between some template you defined before.
Then WordMailMerge will merge the data with the template and with
a button click in MS Word you can write the Word-Document back into MS
CRM .

If you are interested go to www.mscrm-addons.com.
There you will find detailed informations and you could also download a

trial version to test this functionallity.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
www.mscrm-addons.com

Markus Schmidt wrote:
> We have a simple requirement:
>
> a) Open a Contact
> b) Klick a button
> c) Open Word-Template selection
> d) Create a new Word-Document, based on the selected template
> e) Fill out the placeholders in the Microsoft Word Document
> ... User edits the document ...
> f) Klick a button in Word that checks in and connects the new
> Document-Item with the current (origin) Contact
>
> I haven't yet figured out if and how to do that.
> Can anyone help?
>
> Note: I know you can create a Word document based on a datasource.
> The problem is that the datasource get lost when I check in those documents.
>
> Markus Schmidt
> (Germany)

0
christian
2/15/2006 8:39:25 AM
Christian,
thanks for the tip.
That's what I was looking for and I'll gonna check it, for  sure.

Markus Schmidt

0
Markus
2/16/2006 7:13:03 AM
Hi !
I have downloaded this add-on.
After instalation my CRM workspace display "Extensions" with 3 options: ISV
Test 1, ISV Test 2 and ISV Test 3. Each one loads an MSN website. Really
there was no documentation about this, and definitively I don't want this
"feature".
Then I clicked at the button to open the word document. The window freeze !
Please let me know more about this add-on, specially about security concern.

Anyone else have any experience with this add-on ?

--
Andrea Campelo
TECNOATIVA

"christian.ternek@mscrm-addons.com_NOSPAM" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You will have no possivbility to do this in standard MS CRM .
> We made a MS CRM Add-On "WordMailMerge for MS CRM" which
> address exactly you problems.
>
> You will have a button on the contact,account,.. form(also in the
> webclient)
> and then you can select between some template you defined before.
> Then WordMailMerge will merge the data with the template and with
> a button click in MS Word you can write the Word-Document back into MS
> CRM .
>
> If you are interested go to www.mscrm-addons.com.
> There you will find detailed informations and you could also download a
>
> trial version to test this functionallity.
>
> Regards,
> Christian Ternek
> www.mscrm-addons.com
>
> Markus Schmidt wrote:
> > We have a simple requirement:
> >
> > a) Open a Contact
> > b) Klick a button
> > c) Open Word-Template selection
> > d) Create a new Word-Document, based on the selected template
> > e) Fill out the placeholders in the Microsoft Word Document
> > ... User edits the document ...
> > f) Klick a button in Word that checks in and connects the new
> > Document-Item with the current (origin) Contact
> >
> > I haven't yet figured out if and how to do that.
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Note: I know you can create a Word document based on a datasource.
> > The problem is that the datasource get lost when I check in those documents.
> >
> > Markus Schmidt
> > (Germany)

Online help, OTHER than Microsoft's
Would anyone know of FREE tutorials or instructions for Publisher, other than the Microsoft's, which would fill in the many spaces in between the lines of instruction that I've found there. There are a few university sites that I've found and some other miscellaneous, but I'm looking for help geared to the self-taught beginner-user who probably doesn't know some of the ABC she should, AND that will really get the thing to WORK! Specifically, printing out a business card that I tried numerous ways to set up from scratch within Publisher. Many, many thanks, ...

is it possible to transfer a word doc to excel?
..Each month I have several forms to complete and send into head office.These forms are saved as word docs but I can't type any new imformation in them.In stead I have to print them off and then fill them in by hand. I am a new user of Office but would like to learn a lot more about it. Thankyou for any responses, no doubt I've missed some really simple procedure and am expecting to be well and truely embaressed. I am useing my own PC. -- Sticky business computing ??? A number of questions and possibilities come to mind. Firstly the 'job' should be evaluated. A print an...

Microsoft 2007 equation editor
How could I change fonts in Microsoft 2007 equation editor? -- Andrius Click on the right hand end of the Tools bar in the Equation Tools Design tab of the ribbon and you can change the Default font for math regions -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Andrius" <andrius.ramonas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C6C37FCD-A73E-4F54-BBE4-2961233A6BB8@microsoft.com... > How could I change fonts i...

Word to Jpeg conversion
Hi, Is there any one to help me out. I copied the content of a word document(should have the print border guide extended than normal page layout) and created a jpeg image by using the below code. But we see the truncation issue in the left and right side of the captured image. Please help to resolve the truncation issue in the captured image. On Error GoTo err: Dim x As New Word.Application Dim w As New Word.Document Set w = x.Documents.Open("C:\Vet11.doc") Clipboard.Clear With w.Application.Selection .WholeStory .CopyAsPicture Pictur...

Scheduling visibility by integrating with Outlook
While 1.2 has some "ties" to Outlook, the relationship leaves a lot to be desired. With our need for accurate time tracking/reporting comes the need to have visibility into different schedules. Right now, we have to use both applications in order to determine which technician to schedule for an issue. Changes to schedules should be visible from either application, Outlook or CRM. For example, a call comes in to my help desk. Tech A assists on the phone, entering his notes as he talks. It develops that he needs to send a technician out to fix the issue. Tech A should be able t...

Pasting Word pages into Excel
Hi, I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manage to see the first page. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance. Regards Sze Mei You can double-click on the embedded Word document, and view all the pages, but when it's not active, only the first page is visible. You could create twelve separate one-page Word documents, and embed each of those in your Excel file. Ginger wrote: > Hi, > > I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file > contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manag...

Problem with Linked Excel Objects in Word
I have a Word document linked to several Excel tables. Since upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007, I have run into the following problem: When a user tries to open the Word doc while another user has the Excel files open, the Word user is notified, in Excel, that the Excel files are open and is prompted to select "Read Only", "Notify", or "Cancel" for each link in the document. I would expect this if I were updating links, there is no prompting to update the links prior to Excel attempting to open the files. Here are the steps I have tried, wit...

Microsoft Money 2003 Password help please
I have never used Money 2003 for doing anything other than debugging my MSN Portfolio when it refused to donwload transactions from Schwab over a year ago when certain OFX transactions were causing Brokerage download to abort. Support kept telling me to use Money, so I broke down and bought it (Money 2003) over a year ago. It did allow me to download brokerage data and see the audit trail of OFX transactions, and by trial and error I determined what was causing the problem. I couldn't get Schwab support to change what it was sending nor could I get MSN Portfolio support to allow download...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe vs Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
Does anyone know what the difference is between Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe? It appears to me that there is a difference because when I went to the amazon.com website to check out the prices they listed both programs at differenct prices. Money Plus Deluxe was more than Money 2007 Deluxe. I am currently using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 60 day trail version because I was using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe but it stop the automatic online updating of my accounts, but the trail version does update automatically every day after I open the program. Any...

RE: See the critical pack from Microsoft Corporation
--zdjausnzsgqfddsi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cnjlzmsj"; type="multipart/alternative" --cnjlzmsj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="euozixoapmzcaagyc" --euozixoapmzcaagyc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

CRM and SBM integration
I have CRM and Small Business Manager on the same server. I am at a point where I need to get the two systems to work with each other. Is BizTalk the tool I need for the integration? If I install it on the same server as the other two products is there a potential problem? Do I have to know how to code in XML to use BizTalk? Any kind of advice at this point is greatly appreciated. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that this is possible out of the box. John "alma" <alma@amerascope.com> wrote in message news:026d01c3c76e$9f741220$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

microsoft office for mac
I downloaded the trial version to my emac G4 and later decided that I preferred openoffice. I dropped the trial version in the trash, but some part of it lurks in my computer. When I receive an attachment in powerpoint format, and I try to open it, a message pops up to tell me that my version of microsoft office for mac is expired. This somehow prevents my open office from opening the attachment. In my "missing manual" it says that there may be a file under "home -->preferences that I should also delete. I have spent hours looking, and can't access this file. Is ...

How to unlock file with microsoft publisher as it has been locked
how can you unlock if the user has left and you try to unlock using windows administrator user name and password using microsoft publisher / front page 2000 . Please revert back I have tried removing service.lck also but no good and server where site is hosted has Frontpage extension only and no frontpage. And is runing through sharepoint. any other idea as to unlock it Thanks in advance. Publisher is not lockable. Are you talking about a website created/maintained with FrontPage perhaps? If so: you need to get the un/pw login from the host. If not...please explain the problem in...

microsoft money 2004 09-17-03
I just installed the Money 2004 on this computer and whenever I try to start the program, the error message: Reporting Details: This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Money when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the IP address of your computer. What do I do? ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #4
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How could contribute and be a part of its computer environment.(Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Microsoft Shortcut Bar
I can't find the shortcut bar in Office 2003? What gives? M S B Office 2003 was "improved" by removing the office shortcut bar. The osb from an earlier version will work in 2003 ( I'm told). You can also use the quick launch toolbar in windows as a substitute or look for a third party utility. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA P.S. - OfficeXP was improved by removing office binder. "Microsoft Shortcut Bar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8589232-F585-4C9D-8F63-FA8B0AB63315@microsoft.com... > I can't find the shortcut ...

exporting address book to word
I would like to know how to export my address book to word in order to print mailing labels. Not necessary. Use a mail merge instead. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Arin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217e001c45b15$07f0f810$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know...

Integrate direct deposit from Cdn Payroll to Bank Rec
Integrate direct deposit transactions from Cdn payroll to the bank rec module so that cashbook entries are automatically created in the bank rec module just as cheque transactions do. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

MS Word equation
How can I edit MS Word equation after pasting it in excel sheet? The Equation Editor works in most Office apps Right click the box and use Open Now you can edit, Word of warning: some people find that when Excel closes the equation it is a bit distorted - aspect ratio gets changed. So they copy the formula back to Word, edit it, and then take the new eqn back to Excel best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "qamar" <qamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D2BF0F2-0C9A-4010-A968-BC6D2B1D06C4@microsoft....

Converting amount in figures to amount in words
I want to use 'homemade' cheque printing utiity for cheque printing. I need to convert amount in figures to amount in words. Is thare any ready made utility / macro / function / add on available ? -- Shrikant Shrikant, You can find some at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. If you need an Indian form, where the format is different, post back as I have one of those as well. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Shrikant" <Shrikant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5B2FCB4-A37B-4B58-A255-494931CFDA9E@microsoft.com... > I want to use 'home...

Integration Manager with AutoDim job fail
I have searched on the webs, Microsoft Business Solutions website and all news groups, but I couldn't find any information on the errors I got when using AutoDim to run the integration. There are three integration pakages, 1) Update Customer Data, 2) Process SOP, 3) Process Payment. Pakage 1 and 3 went through, but pakage 2 had the error as follow. We are using Great Plains 7.5. Message: DOC 1 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Password' DOC 1 ERROR: Unknown Dynamics field subtype '8308' DOC 2 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Password&...

How do I design a web page in MicroSoft Word?
I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am I missing? I can not figure out how to bring the wizard up to help me. On 12/1/09 2:25 PM, in article 5CFCCA9C-64BB-44FE-A9FB-3CA15854E157@microsoft.com, "lotsofquestions" <lotsofquestions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft > Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am > I missing? I can not figure...

word on mac opens and views in 2 pages i want 1 page view default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel when i open a word document i receive, the view is 2 page to the screeen, this is too hard to read, i want i page per scren, how do i default it to this to make my reading easier Adjust the Zoom on the document, then save it. Each document opens at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. Word 2008 does not give you a way to specify a default size. Older versions of Word enable you to use a macro to set the zoom, but Word 2008 has no macros. Cheers On 24/01/10 7:23 PM, in article 59bb187d.-1@webcr...

Microsoft Access 2007 and Scrolling
In Microsoft Access 2003, you used to be able to scroll through a table's records, by using the mouse wheel, on a form. In Microsoft Access 2007, however, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore, so how do you scroll between records? On Aug 4, 9:45 am, DoveArrow <DoveAr...@gmail.com> wrote: > In Microsoft Access 2003, you used to be able to scroll through a > table's records, by using the mouse wheel, on a form. In Microsoft > Access 2007, however, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore, so > how do you scroll between records? Let me preface the ...