Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition for Windows XP

have purchased a copy of the above software, downloaded
and typed in product activation key and was told
incorrect product key.
0
Tammy
6/28/2004 1:38:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

To pause an Windows service application
Hi! Here is some text from e-learning about windows services. "If you want to pause and restart the Windows service application, you must set the CanPauseAndContinue property to True. If this property is set to True, you should override the OnPause and OnContinue methods. However, if the OnPause method releases all the resources in the OnStart method, it functions as the OnStop method. You can pause only a portion of the work that the service perform while the service perform the remaining activities normally." Now to my question what in meant by the last row when i...

UNIX -> Window Communication
I have a MS VC++ program that is using CSockets. Does anybody know how I would send data from a UNIX machine to my program on a PC? I guess since MS does all the work behind the scene I don't know what format to put my data in so that that the CSocket wrapper can handle it. Any Ideas??? Thanks, Andrew Andrew wrote: > > I have a MS VC++ program that is using CSockets. Does > anybody know how I would send data from a UNIX machine to > my program on a PC? > > I guess since MS does all the work behind the scene I > don't know what format to put my data in s...

cells of varied length extract last 3 digits
each cell in a column ends with "Program ###". I would like to create a column with just the ###. Where ### represents varied digits. Thanks Peggy Use the formula for retreiving the last three characters / digits from a particular cell. For Retrieving Last Three Text Characters from a cell =TRIM(RIGHT(A1,3)) For Retrieving Last Three Numeric Values from a cell =--TRIM(RIGHT(A1,3)) Change the cell reference to your desired cell, if required. If this post helps, Click Yes! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "PeggyT" w...

Digital signatures, security level and macros
I created an Excel spreadsheets with some macros. Now I want work on this spreadsheet, but with default security level "High". I created a Digital Signature, with Options - Security - Digital Signatures - Add, I added my signature.When I press "Save" - I am getting the message: "Saving will remove all digital signatures". Is the a way to work with security level "High", but option to use macros I created? Thanks, Zalek Zalek How did you create the signature? Using the Self-Cert Tool? If so, ignore the warning and click OK when saving from the Exce...

Microsoft Money 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, or Plus Canadian Edition?
Hello, I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada) What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian versions. To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians, Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage. Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of feat...

Microsoft Outlook Professional as my default email program to receive all sent f
I just purchased Microsoft Office XP Professional 2002 and installed all programs including Microsoft Outlook Professional. I would like Microsoft Outlook Professional as my default email program to receive all sent files in the "Sent Items" file when emailing directly out of Microsoft Word instead of all sent emails files being saved in the "Sent Items" in Outlook Express. I would appreciate knowing how to change the default within Word or with either Outlook program. What I have troubleshooted is for Microsoft Outlook Professional to be my default email pr...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...

URGENT HELP NEEDED
URGENT HELP NEEDED - Can Not Start Microsoft Exchange Directory service on local computer. We tried to use the ESEUTIL.exe comand to defrag our Exchange server 5.5 this last night. Now we can not get anything to run. PLEASE HELP ASAP. We try to start the services on our Exchange 5.5 computer, but no luck. All the echange services state: "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Directory service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.&...

Project Window Sheet order
Is there a way to get the sheet numbers in numerical order in the project window? If not, how does Excel determine the order as they don't appear in the order of the sheet tabs either. Rob A worksheet has two names--the codename and the worksheet name (visible on the worksheet tab). The project explorer sorts by codename of those objects. You can rename the codenames (F4 to show the properties when you've selected the object)--and just type over the (name) property. rob nobel wrote: > > Is there a way to get the sheet numbers in numerical order in the project > window...

Change the paramters of the popup display window
Is there a way to change the popup windows? Scenario: When I add the date create column to the activities view, I will no doubt need to extend the window out so I can see it. How do I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. Modifying the activity windows is not supported in the current release. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:20:37 -0400, Todd Reibling <treibling@trnetworkconsulting.com> wrote: Is there a way to change the popup windows? Scenario: When I add the date create colum...

How to open new excel file in new window by default?
Hello, Could anyone help? How to open new excel file in new window by default? it opens in the last window on the screen as of now. Bests Jayesh When I open a workbook (or create a new workbook) it is opened in its own new window in addition to whatever I have open at the time. Each open workbook has its own window. You can select which workbook to work with in Excel 2007 by View/Switch Windows and selecting the workbook you want. I believe in Excel 2003, it is Window/List of Windows to do the same thing. You can also cycle through your currently open workbooks by pressing Ctrl+F6. ...

Re-install of xp after changing Mobo
Hi Guys, a bit of information please, my mother board has gone dead, and I intended to replace it, my question is I want to install my version of xp on it after installation of the new mother board. Will windows allow me to do it, seeing that I have only changed the mobo Your advice is appreciated Thanks Bob If your Windows version is Retail you will have no problems. John BH2 wrote: > Hi Guys, > a bit of information please, my mother board has gone dead, and I > intended to replace it, my question is I want to install my version of > xp on it after i...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #2
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Win2k vs XP Pro authentication problem.
I have a client that was temporarily using a XP Pro box w/ Outlook 2003 to connect to our exchange server. Authenticated just fine. Client now has a Win2k Pro box w/ Outlook 2003 and I can add the email account just fine from the mail icon in the control panel but when I go and open up Outlook 2003 I get a username/password/domain prompt. Entering in his username and password and FQDN just wont authenticate. I've double checked all the simple stuff and just can not figure this one out. The server is Exchange2000 running on a Win2k Server. Thanks! Helm ...

Move Microsoft CRM Database and SQL Reporting Services
Good morning! I have a Microsoft CRM implementation that currently points to a SQL 2005 Database and SQL 2005 Reporting Services on the same server. I have made a copy of the database on a new SQL 2005 server and would like to repoint the Microsoft CRM application to the new database. Does this require a Microsoft CRM reinstallation? If so, is there a way to install Microsoft CRM against a SQL 2005 Database? Also, I will need to repoint Microsoft CRM to use SQL Reporting Services on a different server. What do I need to set up on the SQL Reporting Services server for this to work...

Documentation of Windows 2003 Services
Is there any documentation that lists each of the standard Windows 2003 services, and then says more or less clearly what standard Microsoft applications rely on that service and whether it is safe to disable? There are many of the standard services that have names that would never suggest local applications rely on the service, yet many do. -- W Service overview and network port requirements for the Windows Server system http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832017 -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professio...

Dual boot XP & Win 7?
I have a 250GB Sata HDD divided into C: 35GB with XP/SP3 installed and the remainder as D: for storage. I also have 2 IDE drives for storage. Would like to install Win 7 on D: allocating about 35GB for it. I have Acronis Disk Director to create partitions etc., when I run it it asks the type of partition to create, Active, Primary or Logical. Which should I select considering that I would like the choice of which OS to load at boot up? I have run the Win 7 Upgrade Advisor and only minor problems with graphics and sound which updated drivers should resolve. Replies appreciated. ...

Windows Mail Export...
When using the Windows Mail Export feature, where is the export file stored so I can find it to import to another mail program? Never mind folks... I got it. "zbowdawg" wrote: > When using the Windows Mail Export feature, where is the export file stored > so I can find it to import to another mail program? The export feature saves messages only. If you want to back up all aspects of Windows Mail, including account settings, rules, etc. use this free third party utility: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/ http://www.staticbackup.com/products.ht...

Windows can not find my spreadsheet
I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up and search for my Excel Spread Sheet and open it and then save as on my desktop like I always do. Then when I double click on the Icon I get "Windows can not find C:\User etc. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the same message when I double click on it. I check the path and it is correct. Check your other post. Golden wrote: > > I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up and > search for my Excel Spread Sheet an...

Uninstalling the 2007 Office Suites re: Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength Uninstalling the 2007 Office Suites. Even though I'm still using Office 2000 SP3, I have downloaded the Office 2007 files from Windows Updates as they came along. I know they are located in Control Panel's System, but I would say they are not installed files since they don't appear on the Program Files menu. In regard to prepping for SP3, are they considered "Installed" with the Microsoft Installer? When reviewing the...

how can i merge pages from multiple windows into one document.
I want to create a multiple page document from separate pages in different windows. I want to transfer my tables and their contents to make one document Select the required content in the source document, then use Ctrl+C (to copy) and then move to the required location in the target document and press Ctrl+V to paste. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "HrdWodFlor" <HrdWodFlor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EC15C48-83F1-40...

Allow Windows NT login authentication in Great Plains
Great Plains should allow Windows NT login authentication, in keeping with a tighter security intergration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20b61851-d066-4...

edit a drop down list
Hello, I have 2 questions 1. for an existing drop down list, how can I add a new entry? That is, a list named "division" now contains 5 items, and I want to add a sixth. I've tried to highlight all 6 items and typing "division" into the name box, but that just jumps me to the original 5 names. I also tried highlighting the original 5 and deleting the "division" from the name box, but again no luck. 2. Can I enlarge the font on a drop down list, so it appears larger when the arrow is clicked? The font is very small at present. To change the name r...

how can I get a free windows microsoft 2000 download?
where can I get a free windows microsoft 2000 download? You can't, at least not legally. While Microsoft may no longer support Windows 2000, it's still covered by copyright laws, so any download you might find would be illegal. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "bmcfamily" <bmcfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C24A1A0-149B-4CEF-BF24-B0361A76D907@microsoft.com... > where can I get a free windows microsoft 2000 download? ...