Microsoft paints underachieving MBS range as Dynamics

By Gavin Clarke in San Francisco 7 Sep 2005 23:35
Microsoft paints underachieving MBS range as Dynamics
Microsoft is putting a little pizzazz into its business solutions (MBS)
range - a line that's missed key product delivery dates and revenue
expectations.

The diverse enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship
management (CRM) line has been unified under the "Dynamics" brand.>>
Microsoft CRM becomes Microsoft Dynamics CRM,<< Great Plains becomes
Dynamics GP, Axapta becomes Dynamics AX, Navision becomes Dynamics NAV, and
Solomon becomes Dynamics SL.

Bill Gates, Microsoft's chief software architect, promised a "huge
commitment" to business applications, calling this market "critical to our
vision."

Gates was speaking as his company unveiled new accounting software and an
integrated server roadmap for small and medium businesses (SMBs) as part of
the Microsoft Business Summit in Redmond, Washington, on Wednesday.

The Dynamics brand has been adopted to suggest "energy and motion that helps
move a business forward" and the "flexibility and adaptability" of the
product, according to Microsoft corporate vice president Tami Reller.

Re-branding comes after MBS's Project Green suffered shifting roadmap
deliverable goals, while MBS itself experienced poor sales execution that
finally saw the group last year placed under Microsoft's energetic chief
executive Steve Ballmer.

Also announced at the summit was Centro, which has been billed by Microsoft
as bringing together the planned Longhorn Server operating system and
Exchange Server along with security and management capabilities. Microsoft
said Centro would provide greater integration, security and automation of
specific tasks.

Microsoft, meanwhile, launched Office Small Business Accounting 2006 and
Office Small Business Management Edition 2006 to manage sales, marketing and
finances inside the Office suite. Small Business Accounting 2006 includes
the ability to store frequently entered transactions as templates and manage
payroll through Excel. Office Small Business Management Edition 2006
features Office 2003, Business Contact Manager Update, Word and Excel.�

Rob

0
Rob
9/8/2005 3:57:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

access to microsoft.public.dotnet.xml is at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.dotnet.xml without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=18 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

When is Microsoft going to redo the whole Word 2007 menu and toolb
Dear Microsoft. I have no idea who laid out Word 2007 but the toolbar, icons and menus at the top makit impossiblefor me to do my job. You should give people the option to keep the menus and icons layout that is in Word 2003. I spend most of my time trying to find things because whoever decided on these groupings makes no sense. I created my own customer toolbar but I can't put everything I need and use there. In your next release, please put in the option to have the origianal toolbar and menu of Word 2003. I am losing so much productive time becasue I can't find anythin...

cannot obtain provider factory for data provider named 'microsoft.sqlserverce.client3.5'
Hello everybody, I work with VS 2008 on the Windows 7. MS SQL Server 2008 Express is installed on the machine as well as SQL Server CE 3.5 SP1. In the machine.config there is an entry: <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact" type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/></DbProviderFactories> The appl...

Microsoft Visual Basic
Hello, when I open Word 2007 in Vista 32 appears this message and functions like Help or search/replace hung the program, that must be closed. Problem appeared suddenly after some months working finelly. Any idea? Thanks a lot. ...

MIN function with a variable range
I would like to use find the minimum of a selected range in a column. The range with be up to the current row position. The number of rows i the range is input in another cell. I am looking for a way to construc the range name that will work with the MIN function. I will copy th MIN function down to other rows, but the number of rows in the MI array will remain constant. Example: In cell F1 is "4", indicating that I want a range 4 ro long. I want to calculate the minimum of the indicated number of rows (i this case, 5) up to the row where the MIN function is. Say mi functio...

Target.Address Being One Of The Cells Of A Named Range
I have applied a name to a collection dispersed cells and want to use the same as follows but require a correct piece of code for <<???>>: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: If Target.Address <<IS A CELL OF THE RANGE NAMED "CELLS">> Then MsgBox "YES!" End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz Hi Faraz Try Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("...

Copy-Paste Value based on user defined range
Hello, I am trying to create an option such that, the user can input a default value in one cell, enter a start year, and the number of years he wants to assign this value for. Ex. A B C 1 Value Start Year # of Years 2 500 2005 5 Apply 500 starting in 2005 for the next five years including 2005. I am working in Excel2000. Thanks for your help ...

Delete Range of cells and move left based on Cell value
Hi..I am trying to delete a range of cells in a column and move them left based on whether or not a certain cell = 0. Any help would be great, thanks, Bill details -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Thomp" <williamthomp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5ff00479-4448-4767-aaaa-8923370249b4@o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi..I am trying to delete a range of cells in a column and move them > left based on whether or not a certain cell = 0. Any help would be > great, > > thanks, > Bill Wow...

can you download files from microsoft 2003 to 2007?
Please use the big textbox to post a comprehensible question. "Download" to me means to transfer a file from a site on the Internet to a local computer; and there is no such product as "microsoft 2003". What do you have? What are you trying to accomplish? John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Frigidaire FEF336FM Electric Smoothtop Range w/ Manual Clean Oven
Price:$491.02 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000Y8SSOS Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000Y8SSOS This 30 free standing model has a black Ceramic Smoothtop Cooking Surface which are Seamless and Upswept. Two six inch elements, one eight inch element and one nine inch elment. It also features a Vari-Broil setting with 2 positions, Hi/Lo. The control panel is a SmoothTouch Backguard Design for easy cleaning. This 4.1 Cu. Ft. oven capacity features an extra-large window that is 87% larger than the standard window. The Extra-Large Visualite Wind...

Excel range truncates when Pasted as Picture to PPT & Word
Hi... I have been trying to copy an Excel Spreadsheet into PPT, but have had problems. In order to solve it, I created new .xls and .ppt files to create a test, but got the same problems... The following steps recreate the problem: 1) In a blank spreadsheet, I placed a single number in each cell, starting at A1 and going across to AS, until there are 1 through 45 across. Format them in some way... say Red text with an underline. 2) Set the width of all the columns to 2.00 (0.11 inches). 3) Select A1:AS 4) Copy (or Add to Scrapbook) -- The result is the same with both. 5) From Scrapb...

Entity Relationship Diagram available yet for Dynamics CRM?
Hey Everyone Has a full Entity Relationship Diagram available from Microsoft for download yet? Thanks for any information you can provide. Ryan T. Yes, there are Visio diagrams available for download (and have been for almost 1 1/2 yrs). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DA8D5048-615E-43C0-AB31-8FB5DA70216B&displaylang=en -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Ryan T" <Ryan T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1962B90D-091A-4263-B36B-2454B28B5C71@microsoft.com... Hey Everyone Has a full Entity Relationship Diagram available from...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 on XP Home
I have added 3 email accounts to Microsoft Outlook. I want separate signatures linked to each email account. One with my mobile number another with my residence number. I created 3 signatures but whatever is set as default becomes applicable to all email account. Is there anyway that we have default signature linked to each email account? Yep, upgrade to Office 2003. Outlook 2003 has this feature when you have Word set as your e-mail editor. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Sum a range of Data that's not shaded gray
Hi, I trying to figure out how to SUMIF only if the data in a cell is not shaded gray. On my spreadsheet, once an item in a column is shaded gray, it is complete. If it is shaded any other color it is an accounts receivable. So I'm trying to figure a quick way to add up my accounts receivables. Any ideas would help...Thanks..Pete -- Pete Corrao www.PilotPeteSupplies.com (631)875-0550 See below page from Chip's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Regards, Shailesh Shah http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ (Excel Add-ins Page) If You Can't Excel with Tal...

Entering Values and Updating Next Empty Cell in a Range
Please help, I hope there is a macro. Every time I enter a value in cell j29, I would like it to post to the next empty cell in range b139:b150. For example, if I enter 24 and it populates b139, the next value I enter in j29 should post in b140 Thanks - Tom Hi You don't say what you want to do if row 150 is already filled. This code will do what you want, and i have stopped it at B150. Remove the stop if that is what you want Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim lr As Long If Target.Address <> Range("J29").Address Then Exit Sub lr ...

in formula a range cell reference eg) $A1:$A20 that is static when filling
if i want a cell reference to not increment when filling i put a dollar sign in front of it i noticed this does not work when you specify a range of cells eg ) $A1:$A20 although it is not an error when i fill in a formula it still increments the cell reference in each row but if i specify a single cell it does not. does anyone know the syntax for this, it's hard to word so i havent been able to find anything on google. thanks for your help! cheers, /sh You mean like this: =SUM($A$1:$A$20) ? -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- P...

Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases.
CRM = Windows 2003 Server SQL 2000 = Windows 2003 Server Exchange 2003 = Windows 2000 Server Trying to do a new install, no databases currently exist. Right after I begin installation, it "quickly" pops up a window saying: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases." Logged in as domain\admin, can ping the sql box, etc... Any suggestions? ...

Export range of cells as high resolution image
If I try to cut & paste into a graphics program (I tried Photoshop and Paint) I get a low resolution image (96 dpi), suitable for viewing on screen, but not for printing. How can I get an hi-res image, in gif or (better) EPS format? Thanks in advance, Andrea Zadig wrote... > If I try to cut & paste into a graphics program (I tried Photoshop and > Paint) I get a low resolution image (96 dpi), suitable for viewing on > screen, but not for printing. > > How can I get an hi-res image, in gif or (better) EPS format? > > Thanks in advance, Hi Andrea, I have two m...

Crashing after a clean install
Hi, Clean install of 2007 on a new PC, all works fine except Outlook. Have tried to use 'autodiscover' to connect to account but keeps crashing. Tried manually - keeps crashing. Event viewer has the source as "Microsoft Office 12" "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module rpcrt4.dll, version 5.1.2600.5795, stamp 49e5f46d, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000b34f." Have tried the detect and repair. Crashes into safe mode. MSKB has not help files for this error! Can anyone help please? TIA, ...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update posted
August 14, 2007 Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) today released Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update. "This update fixes a vulnerability that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. For more information about this update, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article (KB940763)." Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update is installed on your computer. To get the latest announcements, subscribe to the Entourage Help Blog. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/...

Increasing range for autofilter?
Is there anyway to increase the range of the autofilter without havin to use advanced filter? I have about 3,000 lines in my spreadsheet s far and its only showing about the first 1,000 of the category chosen If I must use advanced filter is there a link I can go to that wil show me. I am having trouble understanding the guide in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Andy. "jkb724 >" <<jkb724.19ui1p@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jkb724.19ui1p@excelforum-...

Auditing on Microsoft CRM
I need to know how one can properly audit user access, changes to CRM records etc. Is there a way to configure this within the application, or should this be done at the database level. Thanks, Wale. These guys have a solution for this: http://www.vscrm.com/productline.htm Never uesd it myself so cant speak for it but looks pretty functional. HTH Roger "walepop@hotmail.com" <walepophotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:058291A2-692A-411A-A080-14526497C5B9@microsoft.com... >I need to know how one can properly audit user access, > changes to CR...

HELP: subscript out of range econnect
Hi, I have SQL2005 /econnect 9.0.0 and BP30 but I can not install correctly econnect. When I try to check the list of companys that I have in GP90, the system send me warning error : "number:9" : subscript out of range. And I do not see any company, next the apply close. What can I do? Thanks, Leonardo Jadue C. ljadue@protab.cl ...

Microsoft Outlook Profiles
I am using the Classic View of the Control Panel on XP Home. When I click on "mail" to set the Microsoft Outlook Profiles instead of getting the window "Mail Set-up-Microsoft Outlook Internet", which would allow me to set up profiles, I get a window showing "Internet Accounts" which shows the mail servers. How do I correct this so I can get the proper window to come up so I can set up my profiles? I hope someone out there can help me correct this. Thanks Post noted. No answer is possible. You failed to share with us your Outlook version. If it an outdated ...