Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials Certification Exam

Hello All,

I am in the process of taking my Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials
Certification Exam.  Does anyone out there know of any resources I can use
that would allow me to be better prepared for the exam? Books, web sites,
courses, etc.  Any help  provided would be greatly appreciated.
0
Vin
12/30/2006 11:24:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Vin:

There are all kinds of resources available on the Dynamics Customer
Source or Partner Source sites.  Look under "Training and
Certification".

Good luck,

Frank Hamelly
NOVA Solutions LLC

Vin wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am in the process of taking my Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials
> Certification Exam.  Does anyone out there know of any resources I can use
> that would allow me to be better prepared for the exam? Books, web sites,
> courses, etc.  Any help  provided would be greatly appreciated.

0
Frank

Business Portal 4.0 install Dynamics GP10
I am having the same problem that states: The following selected items are not registered or are not installed in the back office: Business Portal Key Performance Indicators Project Time and Expense eOrder I have followed the TK to run the repair on Dexterity, I checked the SY01500, SY03500, DB_Upgrade, and DU00020 tables and all are fine. I also checked in GP under Options and verified the modules listed above are all registered. What else do I need to check? -- Ryan Ryan, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Here are a couple things to check. 1. ...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additiona...

Add borders in Microsoft Office Word 2007
A plain text document may be enough to satisfy the requirements of an assignment, but text alone often pales next to the colorful content students see on the Web and on television. In Microsoft Office Word 2007 and other 2007 Office suites programs, students can add visual appeal to their work with borders, outlines, fill colors, and effects. These graphical elements can be added to a page and to most other objects on the page, such as tables, pictures, text boxes, and WordArt. If used properly, borders can help students learn how to separate and emphasize ideas and to create a balan...

Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document
Hi guys! I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720 x 400 the program begins to work without problems. The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC display, but the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to change the video input, and the...

Microsoft Money 2000 Business & Personal Ver 8.0
Microsoft Money 2000 Business & Personal Ver 8.0 will not reconcile (Update Retirement Account) a retirement account after recording a stock merger (Accounts/Investing Center | Cash Transactions | More Cash Tasks | Balance an Account OR Accounts/Investing Center | More Investing Tasks | Update Retirement Account). The following Information Dialog Box appears: "This operation cannot be performed". Prior to the dialob box appearing, the Update Retirement Account Dialog Box appeared and would accept report date information, but would disappear after entering the "Nex...

MS Office 2000
I just installed this and tried to open the Financial Manager. A window pops up saying: "The macros in this project is disabled. Please refer to the online help....." I clicked "tools," then "macros," then "medium" and tried it again. The same thing. I tried "low" as well - but it still doesn't work. any suggestions that don't involve a sledge hammer would be appreciated. Thanks- :-) Did you exit and restart Excel after changing the security setting? That change won't take effect until you do. Hopefully medium security wil...

GP 9 upgrade Intergration Manager
I upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0 today, it went well, however when I went into intergration manager, none of the code we had in our 8.0 was listed. I did run the upgrade for IM from Disc 2. I can't find any documentation on how to move your IM 8.0 over to 9.0. Does anybody have any clues? Thank you! all user defined integrations are saved in Integration Manager folder called IM.mdb. by default it is saved in C:\Microsoft Business Solution\ Integration Manager, but it can be shared on the server. find the old IM.mdb and try to import integrations from there. There is no documention...

Process for a third party certification
I have a product that I have developed for professional estimation. I need to have it certified so it will open on a user's computer without the macros being disabled. I understand that what is needed is a third party certification but I have no knowledge of who might perform that service and what I might expect as a matter of cost. Can someone give me a lead? Thanks. Michael Do a Google search for Excel digital signature. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Michael Lanier" <michaelrlanier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a7748200-f1ea-4238-aec8-233b3c1f...

GP Print Engine
Greetings: When launching GP, the user logs in fine but a dialog box pops up complaining that the Print Engine was not started. Closing that dialog gives way to another dialog box that states it was unable to open the Crystal Reports engine (assuming this is because the print engine was not started). Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks. -- Shawn P. Simmons Director, Information Services Precision Architectural Products ------=_NextPart_0001_263FE8F1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. Checking my resou...

Security Error in GP 10
Hi, We are facing the same error while opening the GP 10 with the login other than "sa". "You don’t have security privileges to this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." Please help me out to resolve the same. Thanks in advance... Regards, Jothi krishnan.N Hi Jay Can you still login after you click ok? If you can please review article ID #857086 in customer source for a possible solution. Fliehigh "Jay" wrote: > Hi, > > We are facing the same error while opening the GP 10 with the login other > than "sa"....

Updating a list control dynamically per group?
Hi there, This is driving me nuts. I've got a form, which is based on a query. Each record is identified by an ID. I have grouped by ID, and have a header/footer for each different iteration of ID. Pretty simple. BUT. I want to dynamically access some other data using a list control, based on the ID. As the ID changes for every iteration (obviously), I want the data to reflect the ID of that Iteration. However, it would seam it doesn't perform a requery for each iteration of the ID, rather just performing the query for the first iteration, then using this for every other. I...

GP 10.0 1099 Amounts
Hello: It seems GP 10.0 is taking the “invoice” amount and including it in the “1099 amount” and not the “payment” amount. The IRS says “paid” amounts should go on the 1099. Can someone confirm to me what type of amounts Great Plains actually includes in it’s 1099 amounts….invoice or payment? childofthe1980s It's always shown payments for me. Mark On Oct 7, 6:42=A0pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > It seems GP 10.0 is taking the =93invoice=94 amount and including it in t= he > =931099 amount=94 and not the =93pa...

Fixed Assets GP 10 Security
I have added the Fixed Asset module to GP 10. I have added the FA_DEFAULT Role to users who will be using FA. When I go to Cards the Fixed Asset menu option does not appear. The only people who do see it are the Power Users. What step am I missing? Rich, FADEFULT_USER task will only provide access to set of FA lookups and few other options. You have to set security task for Users seperately for each window and other accesses by going to Security Tasks, Roles and then to Users -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > I hav...

Workflow emails
You can create a workflow rule that sends a notification email to someone when a task is created or assigned to them. It would be very helpful to be able to include a link that will open that task or appointment or case. You can insert a Case number, for example, but you would need the GUID for that case in order to create the link. The suggestion is that in the list of fields you can insert into an email or a template, add a link for the record that was just created or assigned so that the user can open that link from the email message. -Clay ---------------- This post is a suggest...

microsoft picture it box pops up when I hit send mail
When I try to send mail, Microsoft picture it box pops up and my computer searches the A drive. I have to cancel this 3 times before I can get rid of the box. Then a box comes up informing me that spell check cannot be completed. Finally I can send the e-mail. What is going on? Any help would be much apprciated ...

The account specified for the Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Administrator is invalid
Experts, How do I resolve this issue? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9314 Date: 12/4/2005 Time: 12:06:59 AM User: N/A Computer: EBIZ-GATE Description: The account specified for the Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Administrator is invalid. No mailboxes will be processed. -- Spin Services, Microsoft Exchange System Administrator, properties. Change the user account to either the Exchange Administrator account or System Account. Nick "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3vgsjfF162o0rU1@indi...

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RPC\ClientProtocols reg fix didn't work
Hello, I have been experiencing the "RPC system component not configured correctly" problem that has been floatin' around. I tried adding the missing values to the registry but I am still receiving the error message. I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 against Exchange 2000. I have tested connectivity with Ping and RPC Ping. I have tested the mailbox with other computers that have Windows XP and Outlook 2003 installed. Also, I rebooted my computer to make sure that the RPCSS picked up the registry changes. Does anyone have any additional suggestions? Thanks, - Josh...

Listing of Fields that synchronize between Outlook Contacts and Microsoft CRM
Does anyone know if there is a listing of the fields that synchronize between the Outlook Contacts and the Microsoft CRM Contacts once the contact synchronization is turned on via the Outlook Client? Jack Bender I actually found a listing of fields that synchronize at http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2006/03/17/553700.aspx. Jack Bender "Jack Bender" <jbender@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message news:u2x4R1IvGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a listing of the fields that synchronize > between the Outlook Contacts and the M...

Update for Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Error Code 524
Hi, I'm facing aproblem when using Windows Update for installing important update which is Update for Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Download size: 748 KB its to improve performance and reliability of Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack. after 100% downloading and installing it shows that it has failed. any idea how to solve this issue I'm using Windows 7 Thanks Maybe you're just lucky? Read the following then decide if you really want to install KB982217 or just hide it. [1] Bing hijacked Firefox addressbar http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

SDK
How can I programatically figure if a client is running Sales Standard or Sale Professional, versus Service Standard or Service professional? Can I use the CRMLicense.GetPurchasedLicenseCount method and assume that when the license count is equal to zero, it isn't and if it's greater than zero, it is???? Or is there a better way? Thanks -JD ...

Certification
Can any one help me , how can i find sample question paper for mbs certification for great plain master exam ) MBS does not have sample exams or questions published today for MBS certification exams. What I do recommend is that you can contact mbs-cert@microsoft.com to attain an exam preparation guide for any MBS exam that you are interested in. These guides contain information on the exam topics, their percentage on the exam, exam format, and recommended preparation and study materials. Thanks! -- Betsy Stadick [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, an...

Can't sign messages with a valid certificate.
Hello. I've got a valid certificate that is intended for e-mail signing. When I view the certificate, it says like this This certificate is intended for the following purpurpose(s) Protects e-mail messages You have a private key that corresponds to this certificate I can choose this certificate at Outlook Options-> Change Security Settings->Select Certificate. But when I try to digitally sign a message, outlook complaints like, Invalid Certificate Microsoft Office Outlook could not sign or encrypt this mesage because you have no certificates whici can be used... I've tried wi...

Creating dynamically arrays, is that possible in VBA?
Hello I would like to do the following, but I am not sure it is doable in VBA. I saw it in Php, so I have a little hope it is. I have a spreadsheet full of range names. They are all of the form "S1.Name3.Subname2". Basically I would like to load in VBA all the values from these rangenames in one macro. For the moment I do it manually be doing dim S1_Name3_Subname2 S1_Name3_Subname2=Thisworkbook.Names("S1.Name3.Subname2").RefersToRange.Value2 and I do the same for all the range names. I have found on a post on this group a lovely program called NameManager that allows t...

Microsoft word problem!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I open Microsoft word it brings up a passed document that I wrote and saved. I then threw it in the trash and it is stil coming up. It is on the screen everytime I open up word. This is also a paper that I wrote in test rive and now I have the actual program. What should I do? Thanks Every time you create a new Word document, this document is based on a template called Normal.dotm. You have somehow managed to put this text into your Normal template, which is why you can see this strange behaviour. To fix the proble...

Microsoft Server 2008R2 Foundation
Greetings, I need to provide a new server for a small network (12-13 users). Have you got any experience with Microsoft 2008R2 Foundation server? MS SQL Server 2008 for 10 users is to be installed on it. Hardware is IBM server x3400, 8Gb RAM, 3x500Gb SATA - RAID5. What's your opinion on such combination? I appreciate your recommendations. -- Electron a wrote: > Greetings, > > I need to provide a new server for a small network (12-13 users). > Have you got any experience with Microsoft 2008R2 Foundation server? > MS SQL Server 2008 for 10 users is t...