Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 videos on channel9.msdn.com

As we get closer to an RTM of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 we have started to
put together some screencasts talking about the technology. If there's
something you would like to see discussed in a screencast let us know.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=361020
http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=364853

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist
http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Combining Dynamic & Static Users/Groups.
Exchange 2003 Native mode, on Windows 2000 AD Native mode. I have my entire company broken down into ou's, and Dynamic Distribution groups setup to send email to departments. This works fine, except once in awhile there are people who are not in that department that want to be part of the group. I've tried: Static Group, Dist Group as member. Static Group, member of Dist Group. Dynamic group with multiple queries, but you can't do a OR?? Now can I get this to work? -Mark ...

Item Price Inquiry Ver 9.0
Our Item Price Inquiry for Kits is not working. We base our kit price on component costs and use either a percent markup of current cost or standard cost. When we do an Item Price inquiry on a kit is shows $0.00 price. In other words it does not look at the component costs and calculate the price. So, when a customer calls and requests a price for a kit item, it is difficult to give him a price when the price is based on current or standard component costs. Anyone having this problem or have any ideas on how to fix or get around it? ...

Adding functionalities to CRM Mobile
Hi, i want to know if its possible to add functionalities to the CRM Mobile. If i can add "pages" created by me to tha they can be viewed in mobiles. IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME? regards, pedro airo No, you cannot add new forms. You can fully customize existing ones. Dean "Airo" wrote: > Hi, i want to know if its possible to add functionalities to the CRM Mobile. > If i can add "pages" created by me to tha they can be viewed in mobiles. > > IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME? > > regards, pedro airo Tnkz for your response. Regards, Pedro Ai...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection. Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer ...

CRM Email router prob
Hi, Have installed MS CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003 Premium. Client is using OWA so have followed instructions to install router to a seperate web site. However, incoming emails (as in replies to CRM emails) are still generating errors in the event viewer as follows: A platform error message was encountered. Subject: 'RE: Test 9 - post reinstall CRM:{4359A166-A341-4407-9E6B-AF7FB608AEEF}:MRC' Platform Error Code: 80070057 Platform Error Description: 'The parameter is incorrect. ' Literal SOAP Fault: '<e...

Can't repair CRM
Hi, When I try to repair CRM on a few laptops, I get the following message: Setup failed to locate binary file microsoft.crm.metadatahelper.dll verify that the source folder is configured with Everyone Read Access. I am trying to do a repair off the original CRM CD. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Sophie ...

Populating the Inbox on the CRM 4.0 RTM VPC
Is there a way to add some emails into the Inbox on the new VPC? Lisa; I've never used the VPC, but assuming is has a mail server installed inside it (like Exchange)... I use a little command-line utility called bmail.exe. you can download it for free, drop it in your server, and then use a simple command-line to send a mail, and it winds up in your inbox. if you like, you can put the command in a batch file, and it's great for demos to simulate an inbound mail. http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/cmdlinemail/cmdlinemail.htm Hope that helps, Dave Ireland "Lisa B&qu...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

CRM 1.2...What kinds of language is available ???
Hey, I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... but don't know what languages are included.... so please, let me know what languages are included!!! Thanks!!! Here you go: U.S. English International English German French Italian Spanish Dutch Danish Brazilian Portuguese Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. San Francisco, CA >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hey, >I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... >but don't know what languages are included.... > >so please, let me know...

CRM Exams 01-26-05
Hi, I noticed a number of threads in this forum relating to CRM exams and in all of them reference is made to training kits. I assume that those kits being referred to are the ones from MBS, correct? If so, do the MOC courses (8018, 8019, 8020) also map to the exams? If I use the MOC courses to prepare for the exams, will I be disappointed? Thanks Bert Hi Bert, The MOC courses are very good training material for the exams. Almost all the questions are to be found back in the training material. Therefore I can guarantee you that you won't be disappointed if you use such a MOC co...

unable to do 1/4 page landscape postcard in publisher 2007
I am trying to do a 1/4 page LANDSCAPE layout in publisher where I can print 4 postcards per page in the landscape mode. I have done this for years with 2003, but now with the new 2007, I can do it in PORTRAIT mode, but not landscape. I do not like the looks of in portrait, but everything that I have tried, will not work. If I try to print in landscape, it will only do 2 per page, not the 4 needed. I have done custom pages, with multiple pages per sheet, but I cannot get it do in landscape. Help please! Use one of Avery's US postcard templates in page layout. They work every ...

crm queue 10-09-07
hey all i've created a new queue called 'support' email address is support@*.com ad user is disabled when i use message tracker on exchange i see the emails are being forwarded to router@*.com but they are not going into the support queue i've restarted the server but still didn't work any ideas? thanks Hi, Run the CRM E-Mail router Rule Deployment Wizard to deploy the rules to each CRM user's mailbox, and to all queue mailboxes. Best regards, Merijn "devnull" wrote: > hey all > > i've created a new queue called 'support' ...

CRM not starting after Domain Controller change
Hi all, I added a new domain controller in my domain. This worked fine, no replication problem or any other problem. But since, CRM (which runs on another server) doesn't start. SQL is running on the CRM server. Each time I try to access CRM through IE, I get a generic error message and the following event is logged on CRM server (event id 2) : MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Défaillance irrémédiable Error Message: Défaillance irrémédiable Error ...

Text wrapping #4
Hi All I am just trying to create a document using publisher 2003. I have some pictures on the page and have text boxes containing the text I want. The problem is that it seems to be putting in the - in the text when it spreads it on to the next line. How can I stop it doing this and move the whole word on to the next line. Many thank Glenn Tools, language, hyphenation, clear the box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Glenn Clark" <glenn.(NOSPAMclark@btinternet(NOSPAM).com> wrote in message ne...

CRM Attachments
I am wondering what is the maximun file size you can attach to an entity in CRM v3.0 and if there is a maximun can you increase it? Thanks for your help, Mike Hi Mike: It's 5 MB and I believe you can increase that by changing some registry settings. On the Server HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxuploadfilesize On the Client HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxuploadfilesize The standard disclaimers for hacking the registry apply! :) -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect http://www.unislumin.com Microsoft and Cisco Gold partner "Mike Markowitz"...

Bulk Import Owners CRM 3.0
I added an "Owner" column to my import template and put the GUID for the record Owner in that column. The Owner field is not exposed in the mapping window when I import it. I remember testing this and having it work however. Is this supposed to work, or do I have to work around the fact that it doesn't work? Thank you, Lee Adler Hi Lee, It does not work, as owner field is not exposed for mapping in Bulk Import. -- Thanks and Regards. ManBhawan ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy mailbox
Platform: Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 + Post SP4 updates If I have removed all my old Microsoft Mail mail servers, can I safely delete the Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy mailbox from Exchange without any harm? If not, please let me know why. thanks, -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- ...

how can i get %. like 100+85+75+96=89.0%
I want the pecentage like 100+85+75+96=89.0% Same way you did on the calculator? =(100+85+75+96)/4, or with your values in say B2:E2, then in F2 enter =SUM(B2:E2)/4. If you want it displayed as %, devide by a further 100, format cell as percentage, 1 decimal point - =SUM(B2:E2)/400, or =(100+85+75+96)/400, or else enter the values as percentages 1, 0.85, 0.75 and 0.96, and then devide by 4 at the end "Elvis Perez" wrote: > I want the pecentage like 100+85+75+96=89.0% Same way you did on the calculator? =(100+85+75+96)/4, or with your values in say B2:E2, then in F2 ...

Exchange Problem #4
Hi I'm using one Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 sp1. I have two Dc who are Global Catalog. Maybe one times in two or three weeks I have to reboot the server and it's ok for a few days. Many times it's on monday morning Each times I have those errors Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2114 Date: 11/7/2005 Time: 7:22:29 AM User: N/A Computer: MASTER1 Description: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1584). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topol...

NDR 4.4.6
Okay. I have a real puzzler. The company upgraded to Exchange 2000 about 2 years ago. We had Exchange 5.5 running for 3 years before that. Anyway, on one server yesterday, the people stopped receiving e-mail. They can send, but can't receive. Here is what I see. 1. A person on another Exchange server sends them an e-mail, the sender gets a 4.4.6 NDR about 1 hour later. The same thing happens if a person on the troubled server sends to another on the same troubled server. 2. The person on the troubled server can send out the e-mail with no issues. No changes were made, the server ...

Problem in Upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0
The following errors was occured when I install CRM 4.0 over existing CRM 3.0: 1) 12:57:23| Error| remark: deleted column in primary key 12:57:23| Error| tablename: userfiscalcalendarbase 12:57:23| Error| columnname: userfiscalcalendarid 12:57:23| Error| 12:57:23| Error| The primary keys in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 primary keys. 2) 12:57:35| Error| remark: deleted default constraint on column 12:57:35| Error| tablename: userfiscalcalendarbase 12:57:35| Error| columnname: period9 12:57:35| Error| ...

Right hardware setup for 4000-5000 users on CRM 4.0?
Hi I’m working on one big costumer around 5000 users what’s the right setup here for CRM 4.0 enterprise? How many frontends? Sql? Anyone have some experience with this kind of users? Please let me know that would you do here.. I would suspect the answer that you're looking for here is not going to be complete, have you tried contacting your local Microsoft Partner? Seems to me that a job of that size would need some experience behind it. I think you need some DBA Experience and Network Admin Experience to lend to an overall complete picture for an implementation of that size. S...

The postmaster@domain.com account... how can I check these messages?
Dumb question..... When I look in the exchange queue there are a few messages going to the postmaster account. Some of them would be helpful too see... how can I check these messages? Thanks! frankgrimesjr@gmail.com wrote: >Dumb question..... >When I look in the exchange queue there are a few messages going to the >postmaster account. Some of them would be helpful too see... how can I >check these messages? If they're going *to* your postmster account you shouldn't see them in any outbound queue. You might see outbound NDR's (or other DSN's) in the outbound queu...

Dynamic chart problem
I am following the example from 'Peltier' site. All goes well until I get to changing the chart's data source. It tells me to insert the following formula: =Series(Data!$AI$1,Data!$AH$2:$AH$10,Data!$AI$2:$AI$10,1) But with no luck, I get the following message "THAT FUNCTION IS NOT VALID" Any ideas In order to better understand what's happening, please post back with the page on Jon's site that you are referring to. ------- John Mansfield http://www.cellmatrix.net "hoyos" wrote: > I am following the example from 'Peltier' site. > A...

Has groups.google.com gone bonkers?
Hi, I often try to refer people to search groups.google.com for answers to their scripting problems. Today I wanted to refer the OP associated with the recent question Re: IE8 and vbscript. I was going to have him go to groups.google.com and enter the following line which should lead to help with his problem: ie tab group:*.scripting.vbscript When I do this search, I get Results 1 - 10 of about 827 for ie tab group:*.scripting.vbscript, and they are sorted by relevance. 827 is a lot of items to look through, and I know that the date of a highly relavant item is Aug 2009. ...