Microsoft CRM using Firefox

Hello,

Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox.
Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the
same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has
encountered problems...].  I am just having employees use IE to prevent
problem.  Thank you for your comments in advance.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Install a Firefox extension called IETab

"Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox.
> Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering
> the
> same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has
> encountered problems...].  I am just having employees use IE to prevent
> problem.  Thank you for your comments in advance.

0
Chris
9/29/2006 9:06:22 PM
The problem with IE you describe is related to KB 918899 (or something
like it) from windows updates. There is now a patch released to fix the
issue available on Microsoft Downloads (not Windows Update yet though)
Marcos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox.
> Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the
> same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has
> encountered problems...].  I am just having employees use IE to prevent
> problem.  Thank you for your comments in advance.

0
DerekH
10/2/2006 2:46:13 PM
I can't seem to find this patch on the download site. could you provide me
with a link?

"DerekH" wrote:

> The problem with IE you describe is related to KB 918899 (or something
> like it) from windows updates. There is now a patch released to fix the
> issue available on Microsoft Downloads (not Windows Update yet though)
> Marcos wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox.
> > Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the
> > same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has
> > encountered problems...].  I am just having employees use IE to prevent
> > problem.  Thank you for your comments in advance.

Hi Tim!

Here is a KB article about this problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923996. I think you have already read
it. And as far as I know, the KB923996 fix isn't publicly available
through the Microsoft website. I can send a version for WindowsXP ENU
of this fix to you.

Tim Bancroft wrote:
> I can't seem to find this patch on the download site. could you provide me
> with a link?
>
> "DerekH" wrote:
>
> > The problem with IE you describe is related to KB 918899 (or something
> > like it) from windows updates. There is now a patch released to fix the
> > issue available on Microsoft Downloads (not Windows Update yet though)
> > Marcos wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox.
> > > Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the
> > > same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has
> > > encountered problems...].  I am just having employees use IE to prevent
> > > problem.  Thank you for your comments in advance.

0
evgeniy_pmsoft
11/2/2006 9:33:25 PM
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to find it buried deep into the
Microsoft site! I found that it fixed the issue. I am, however having other
issues in firefox. In the Service>cases window; the comment won't save when
added to cases. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

"evgeniy_pmsoft" wrote:

> Hi Tim!
>
> Here is a KB article about this problem:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923996. I think you have already read
> it. And as far as I know, the KB923996 fix isn't publicly available
> through the Microsoft website. I can send a version for WindowsXP ENU
> of this fix to you.
>
> Tim Bancroft wrote:
> > I can't seem to find this patch on the download site. could you provide me
> > with a link?
> >
> > "DerekH" wrote:
> >
> > > The problem with IE you describe is related to KB 918899 (or something
> > > like it) from windows updates. There is now a patch released to fix the
> > > issue available on Microsoft Downloads (not Windows Update yet though)

Using "and" Instead of "or" Operator in Outlook 2002 Rules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C56B5D.0176CA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to create a rule that looks for "word1" and "word2" in the = subject line of a new message, and if found, move the message to a = specified folder. When creating the rule, though, the only operator = available for multiple words in the subject line is "or", whereas I want = **both** (not **either**) words present to satisfy the conditions for = executing the move. H...

Possible to Promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts?
Is there a way to promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts? Further, if Contacts are loaded into CRM, and the CRM for Outlook Client is sync'd with Outlook, all the CRM Contacts come down to Outlook. That is great except for duplicates coming from CRM to Outlook. Any way to merge duplicate Contact records then in Outlook? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1 wrote: > Is there a way to promote Outlook Contacts to CRM Contacts? > > Further, if Contacts are loaded into CRM, and the CRM for Outlook > Client is sync'd with Outlook, all the CRM Contacts come down to > Outlo...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Microsoft Support
Hello, Do clients with a current support agremenet with Microsoft , get sent the new versions of the program 2.0 and 3.0 automaticly? Does it goto the address in VOICE? Thank you, Brian ...

My Outlook is compromised and being Used to Send SPAM
Hi Folks......I recently discovered that my Outlook (2003 SP3) was compromised. I have Symantec AV which scans my mail before sending. Recently it popped up with a scan when I had not send anything. I found nothing in the "Sent Files" folder. Later I got a rejected mail notice which I examined. The headers looked like they came from me, down to the name of my PC. I've seen "spoofed" e-mail data, but this did not look like it was spoofed. Now I'm more aware of the issue and have noticed several other occasions when mail was going out but not something th...

"the path is not of a legal form" during CRM install
Hi all, On a couple different servers while installing various CRM components I've run into an error that halts installation. On the "Select Installation Location" screen for the CRM outlook client and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration manager setup I get a dialogue box with a big red X that reads "The path is not of a legal form" with an OK button. Hitting OK returns to to the installation location screen, but if you hit next it just keeps popping up, leaving you with cancel as the only option. The illegal path does not seem to refer to the install path...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CRM 3.0 & SQL 2005 Database Mirroring
Hi Could anyone settle this. Can CRM 3.0 make use of SQL Database Mirroring as a high availability solution. I believe that this is only possible with CRM 4.0 but a colleague assures me that it will work with CRM 3.0? Thanks ...

Explorer doesn't use 64x64 icons
Apologies for posting here but I can't find an appropriate forum. Our main application icon is available in 16x16, 32x32 and 64x64 versions. However, when Windows Explorer displays it in Tile or Thumnail view, which should show the 64x64 version, it appears to stretch the 32x32 version. This looks horrible and appears to have scaling artifacts around the edge. The other views look fine. Does anyone know why it does this and how to stop it? Cheers --- Al. You sure its not trying to show 48x48 (which I believe is more 'standard' than 64x64)? "TVR Fan" <nosuch@ad...

IE8 from Microsoft
Will someone with IE8 from Microsoft copy for me the address of the Home Page, please. You will find it in Start/Control Panel/Network & Internet/Internet Options/Change Home Page/General I managed to change the IE from Yahoo to IE8 but cannot get rid off the Yahoo Home Page Zygy <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote: > Will someone with IE8 from Microsoft copy for me the address of the Home > Page, please. > You will find it in Start/Control Panel/Network & Internet/Internet > Options/Change Home Page/General > I managed to change the IE from Yahoo...

write Avi/wmv file using bmp images
How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images I would think you'd want some sort of authoring package. Do you just want to show them one after another? If so you may be able to use something like: http://whorld.org/temp/BmpToAvi.html But, if you want to do anything fancy you'll want something like Premiere so you can lay out the timeline. Tom "Unknown" <gaurav.samsung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ae3fde3-a48d-4dfd-8bc4-2b609a14fc46@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images ...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

How do I set up a way to add up the number of lines used when cal.
I am doing a worksheet. On this chart I want to track the price of an object sold. Along with that I want to add up the number of the objects that have been sold, by just adding up the number sold in a column. Is there a way to do this, beside creating another column and putting a qty in it. It sounds like you want to use =countif() (if each object is singular) If you have quantities, maybe using =sumif() Debra Dalgleish has some nice counting/summing instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html Nixco wrote: >...

CRM Customization Activities
How I can customize the Activities on My Home Page. Link must be like http: //crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx? id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209} Where i can find the GUID of Activities? At present I don't believe it is possible to customise activities, I am aware that some Microsoft partners have written add ons for this purpose. Maybe this will change in the future. But i can`t add necessary column. In web dialoging there are Actual end, created by, and other but there are no field Regarding Dmitry, only fields that are common to all activity types are availab...

How to tell microsoft that Excel Union Operator doesn't always work
What is the best way to report a bug to microsoft? Cell A1 through F1 contain the colors red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple Cell a2 contains green Cell b2 contains =or(a2=(a1:f1)) as a control shift enter array formula. Cell c2 contains =or(a2 = (a1:b1,d1:f1)) CSE Cell b2 works fine, but cell c2 does not work. Seems to me that the Union operator (which is a ,) should work but does not. "UncleBob" <UncleBob@microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:Ox4vAj1PEHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to report a bug to microsoft? > > Cell A1 th...

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...

CRM VPC Internet Connection
All, How can you make Internet Connection in VPC to work, for example, you type www.google.com in IE? because I did that and it could not open. Thanks You need to check the Virtual PC or Sever options and change the network connection to External. If I recall correctly the VPC image is set to the static IP of 192.168.1.1 so you want to make sure this will not be duplicate IP on your network. You may also need to change the default gateway to match your network. (I have found that if you change the Static IP on the VPC you need to make changes in DNS for http://crm to work) "...

Outlook Archive NOT using Modified date
Is there anyway to force Archive to look at sent or received and not consider the modified date to archive items. We put in a new server and migrated all the mail to the new server so now the modified date on all emails has changed to that date. Now everything looks only a couple of months old even email from 2 and 3 years ago. I need to get archive to ignore the modified date. Any way to do this? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engine...

CRM Architecture 08-13-04
Hi, Can anyone tellme where can i find goot articles about MS CRM architecture. MS CRM architecture means info about all the layers of the CRM and about XML templates, which CRM is using to display the UI. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raju The Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide gives some detail but for more indepth detail you need to be looking at the training manuals for Microsoft. You can get these manuals by attending a training course or by buying them through a partner company. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaq...

Microsoft Money 2001 Won't Install 2nd Time Around
Will you help me, please? I had installed MSN Money with no problem. But then I uninstall the software because I load it under a wrong user account. After logging back in under the preferred user, I attemp to reinstall MSN Money the 2nd time around but this time it would not install. It will not do anything. I guess it was a misstake in uninstalling it the first time around. Can anyone tell me what is it I need to do to get the computer to install the software? On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 00:45:10 -0700, Otis <Otis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Will you help me, please? ...

get list of used namespaces
Hi all, I load an xml file into XmlDocument object and would like to get a list of namespaces used in the file. How can I get a list of namespaces used in xml file? Thanks. helpful sql wrote: > I load an xml file into XmlDocument object and would like to get a list > of namespaces used in the file. How can I get a list of namespaces used in > xml file? XPath has a namespace axis for namespace nodes which are in scope for a given element node, here is an example using an XPath expression with SelectNodes to output all namespace nodes (those explictly given and th...

How to use colmn headings in paramter query
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am not able to locate it if it has. But here is my delima: I need to be able to select the salesperson sales based on the month (1-12) from table 1. I* can create a parameter query, but am not sure hwo to query onlya certain month. table1 ID salesperson 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 joe 12 0 0 2 12 0 1 1 5 7 8 10 2 steve 2 5 6 18 0 0 2 3 4 11 12 1 select * from table1 where salesperson =joe and .... that is where I get stuck. I need to be able to select a column he...

Exchange mailbox recovery using Exchange DB files
I've shifted my Exchange 2003 machine to a new machine configured it and created all user accounts/mailboxes same as in old Exchange server and everything is working. I've all the Exchange DB files from old machine HDD i.e. .edb, .stm, ..log files as it is. But I don't have any type of backup using backup utility, but I have copy of all old Exchange files. How can I transfer mailboxes/mails from old machine to new one. I already studied Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Guide, and KB article "Offline Backup and Restoration Procedures for Exchange" ...

CRM Email
Hi all, I have installed the CRM E-mail Router on our Exchange 2000 server for our CRM server ver 1.0. But when i tried to send a Mail from CRM web client it displays me error report telling that "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " When I check the Event Log of CRM Server, it shows the error as "Cannot connect to Host" with Event ID 2 see below Event Log: vent Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 1/14/2004 Time: 2:08:51 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-SRV Description: MSCRM Plat...