Microsoft CRM - still problems with license key and running

Hi,

I have a hard problem with
 - license key inserting into MS CRM
 - and lanching new installed MS CRM system

Problem <adding license key>
Because I have had a <adding license key>, I obtain a hint do installation
follow IG dokument.
I have installed Windows2000, Exchange2000, SQLSrv2000 follow Implement
Guide document.
Because I would like to start sample aplication MSDN, I have reinstalled
servers and change organization name to <adventure-works>.
Now I am still problem with <adding license key> (designed in IG page 123).

Problem with <running MSCRM>
    After reinstallation I obtain a problem (Aplication Event Log)
    Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
the current web request. Please review     the stack trace for more
    Source File:
    Line Number:
    Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

In previous installation I had not such problem, but problem with license
was the same.

I can not find any information about my problem.
Anybody know something about my problems ?

Mariusz

0
Mariusz
10/13/2003 3:06:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Problem <adding license key> - WAS RESOLVED ;o).

BUT problem with <running MSCRM>
    After reinstallation I obtain a problem (Aplication Event Log)
    Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    the current web request. Please review     the stack trace for more
    Source File:
    Line Number:
    Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)
STILL EXIST !

ANYBODY HELP ME ?

Mariusz

U�ytkownik "Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> Hi,
>
> I have a hard problem with
>  - license key inserting into MS CRM
>  - and lanching new installed MS CRM system
>
> Problem <adding license key>
> Because I have had a <adding license key>, I obtain a hint do installation
> follow IG dokument.
> I have installed Windows2000, Exchange2000, SQLSrv2000 follow Implement
> Guide document.
> Because I would like to start sample aplication MSDN, I have reinstalled
> servers and change organization name to <adventure-works>.
> Now I am still problem with <adding license key> (designed in IG page
123).

> Problem with <running MSCRM>
>     After reinstallation I obtain a problem (Aplication Event Log)
>     Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
> the current web request. Please review     the stack trace for more
>     Source File:
>     Line Number:
>     Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
>        at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
>        at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
> Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>
> In previous installation I had not such problem, but problem with license
> was the same.
>
> I can not find any information about my problem.
> Anybody know something about my problems ?
>
> Mariusz

0
Mariusz
10/15/2003 10:45:05 AM
Hi Mariusz,

I also have a problem about the licence key (Adventure Works Cycle) but I
don't know hot to resolve it.
When I try to install MSCRM, it fails with the error "...Failed to create
organization ... (80040E07)".

Can you give me your tip that allowed you to resolve your problem ?
I hope it will help me

Thanks
Hugues

"Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> a �crit dans le message de news:
#ZeeulwkDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Problem <adding license key> - WAS RESOLVED ;o).
>
> BUT problem with <running MSCRM>
>     After reinstallation I obtain a problem (Aplication Event Log)
>     Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
>     the current web request. Please review     the stack trace for more
>     information about the error and where it originated in the code.
>     Source File:
>     Line Number:
>     Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
>        at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
>        at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
> Boolean& completedSynchronously)
> STILL EXIST !
>
> ANYBODY HELP ME ?
>
> Mariusz
>

> U�ytkownik "Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a hard problem with
> >  - license key inserting into MS CRM
> >  - and lanching new installed MS CRM system
> >
> > Problem <adding license key>
> > Because I have had a <adding license key>, I obtain a hint do
installation
> > follow IG dokument.
> > I have installed Windows2000, Exchange2000, SQLSrv2000 follow Implement
> > Guide document.
> > Because I would like to start sample aplication MSDN, I have reinstalled
> > servers and change organization name to <adventure-works>.
> > Now I am still problem with <adding license key> (designed in IG page
> 123).
> >
> > Problem with <running MSCRM>
> >     After reinstallation I obtain a problem (Aplication Event Log)
> >     Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution
of
> > the current web request. Please review     the stack trace for more
> > information about the error and where it originated in the code.
> >     Source File:
> >     Line Number:
> >     Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
> >        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> >        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> >        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
> >        at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
> >        at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
> > Boolean& completedSynchronously)
> >
> > In previous installation I had not such problem, but problem with
license
> > was the same.
> >
> > I can not find any information about my problem.
> > Anybody know something about my problems ?
> >
> > Mariusz

0
Hugues
10/15/2003 3:13:58 PM
Mariusz, I have exactly the same problem! First I installed CRM, found
that I cannot use demo license (however, at this point at
http://localhost/default.aspx I got error message and a record in
event log you mentioned). Then I searched Google, read your message
:), removed domain and some server apps (that was painful), solved
some problems and finally got this problem. Anybody, help us! :)

Artem.

"Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> wrote in message news:<#ZeeulwkDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Problem <adding license key> - WAS RESOLVED ;o).
>
> BUT problem with <running MSCRM>
>     After reinstallation I obtain a problem (Aplication Event Log)
>     Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
>     the current web request. Please review     the stack trace for more
>     information about the error and where it originated in the code.
>     Source File:
>     Line Number:
>     Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
>        at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
>        at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
> Boolean& completedSynchronously)
> STILL EXIST !
>
> ANYBODY HELP ME ?
>
> Mariusz

0
thirstysobaka

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

Reply To CRM emails not capture
Ok here's the scenario Step A - send out an email using SFO's CRM email - recipient gets email message - CRM creates email activity in History Step B - recipient sends back a reply from message - email comes into SFO/inbox (yes GUID number is in subject line) - CRM creates email activity in History Step C - send back a reply to recipient using "reply" in Outlook (it works if I go into CRM, serach for activity and use reply in web pages) - email is sent to recipient - NO activity is created (even though message threat was created originally in CRM and it still has trackin...

PA Problem
I am using PA extensively to record nearly verything that goes through our 'P & L'. I have it set up so that each cost category within PA will actually post to its 'mirror' in the GL. e.g. Project 'FINANCE_06' category '6000' (salaries) will post in the GL to account code 6000-0-01 (being salaries, finance). There are reasons I have set it up this way, too numerous to go into here. My question is....if I record an invoice through PA, into payables etc. How do a reverse all or part of this invoice if I choice to? We have an invoice from a vendor ...

Problems with opening a few attachments
Hi Everyone I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in Outlook. When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error message. It is only occurring on a few attachments. I have checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server (2003). I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no issues with them. It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment. I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is. If you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be gr...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Print Problem 06-03-07
I have a form with a button from which I want to print 3 reports. I built a macro which opens and then printout each report one after the other. The problem is that access prints out the report followed by the form from which the print action is initiated. I also tried closing the form in the macro, before print the reports which prints each report followed by printing the switchboard...what am I doing wrong? On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:27:39 -0700, Duck <charles.kendricks@charter.net> wrote: >I have a form with a button from which I want to print 3 reports. I >built a macro whic...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

How to upgrade from CRM 3 to 4 with CRM 3 to GP 9 connector in pla
I currently have an environment with CRM 3.0 and the integration connector to GP 9.0. I'd like to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 in-place. Is there anything special I need to do to keep the CRM to GP connector working after the upgrade? There's no custom code or custom workflows as part of the CRM/GP integration, just a vanilla install. Thanks! Hi Bill, I am sorry to say that currently no connector available for GP with CRM version 4.0 from Microsoft. Neither the existing connector works with version 4.0. You may have to migrate to any of the 3rd party vendors such as Scribe. If ...

MS CRM Client for Outlook on Home Edition
I can install the CRM 3.0 Outlook clients on a Windows XP home edition? Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy Hi Lorenzo, Windows XP Home Edition is not a supported operating system for CRM Client. For supported configurations and details, please see the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en -- Best Regards, Eric Chen [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lorenzo Soncini" <lorenzo.soncini@technoservice.com> wrote in message...

Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database
Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database If you are thinking of moving your CRM database to another server in the same domain I thought I would just write down my experiences of this process that may help others when they have to do the same. The Scenario: We had a CRM system running on one machine (CRM, IIS, SQL Server, ReportServer) and wanted to move the database to a better machine to help with the performance improvement on the CRM system. We didn’t want to have too much down-time and didn’t want to have to go through the joy of reinstalling CRM. The Solution: Having done a bit of research ...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive
Hi, When I'm trying to instal MSCRM Integration with Great Plains v. 1.2 results in this error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive. Please resolve the issue and re-start setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The integration server is running on Win 2000 Server SP4. The system partition and hard drive already using NTFS file system. Any suggestions? Thanx, David ...

Problems with licensing
Hello, i have got a problem with how to tell exchange how many CALs exists. In the normal way I put it under Verwaltung/Lizensierung - there appears under products the Exchange Server 2003. But in this case there is no record with Exchange Server 2003. I can't find any licensing information for the Exchange Server. I think something got wrong during installation. Background: 1 x Domaincontroller width Server 2003 Standard 1 x old Mailserver with Server 2000 and Exchange 5.5 as member of domain. 1 x 2003 Server R2 as Member of Domain with Exchange 2003 (newly installed - will repla...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Month display in Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar
When using Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar in Month view, Saturday and Sunday are combined as one square (yes, they do have the date numbers and a line between them). This may be convenient for people using Outlook only for business purposes, but if someone were to have a job that involved weekends, or was not using Outlook for business purposes at all (which is my case), this could be extremely annoying. I would like to know if there is a way to display the Month view as the standard Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right, with Monday through Friday in between. I want all d...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Showing a form whilst code is running...
Hi I have a simple splash screen that I would like to display at the start of my project. Attached to the form_open routine is the following code [code] Option Compare Database Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) 'http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/lofiversion/index.php/t6093.html Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Form.Visible = True TxtTime.Caption = 5 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 4 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 3 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 2 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 1 End Sub [/code] What this does is count down five seconds. Ea...

Stick with Novell or move to Microsoft?
My school district has been using Novell products from some time. We have 4 Netware 6.5 file servers, Bordermanager with integrate content filter (BESS), and Groupwise 7. We have about 1300 workstations on campus, about 3/4 Windows based and 1/4 Mac. For a variety of reasons, over the next 2 months we will be assessing whether we stay with Novell products or migrate to Microsoft products for our back office needs. A few of the reasons for us even to contemplate this move: 1. We are in the midst of wireless network install and would like to use 802.1x authentication on the wireless side. The o...

Budget account problems with transfers
Transfers out of budget accounts are distorting my budget reports, yet I can't add the relevant accounts (e.g account created for a loan to my business) to the list of budget accounts. Using Money 2005 UK. Thanks for help! ...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

CRM Sales for Outlook
I have had to re-install Sales for Outlook a couple of time (including moving from one CRM target server to another, and back again), and now when I try to 'Go Off- line' I get an error stating 'The subscription already exists.'. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks ...

data entry problem
I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic changes each month. The first sheet just has general data, but ther are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details Column A - product number Column B - color Column C - available Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in) [SHEET 1] Month 1 A B C D 2310 blue yes 2348 red M/R must sell soon 2362 blue no (some text data in-between) 2405 red M/R need to be redone 2450 grn yes sell cheap 2477 wh yes Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item t...