Microsoft CRM server is not responding

Hi,

Workflow Manager write:

The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if
it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are
not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator.

How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM.

-----
wbr,
Eugene

0
Eugene
3/15/2006 11:43:37 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original
version in IIS

Regards

Edgard

Eugene wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Workflow Manager write:
>
> The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if
> it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are
> not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator.
>

> How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM.
>

> -----
> wbr,
> Eugene

0
edgard
3/15/2006 9:15:22 PM
Was this restoration of the metabase followed up with a reinstallation of
CRM? Or were you able to just restore the metabase and carrying on using CRM
as per usual?

"edgard.vdm@alphamosaik.com" wrote:

> I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original
> version in IIS
>
> Regards
>
> Edgard
>

> Eugene wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Workflow Manager write:
> >
> > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if
> > it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are
> > not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator.
> >

> > How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM.
> >

> > -----
> > wbr,
> > Eugene

Distribution List Auto Respond
Hello all, Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages sent to a distribution list? I do not want to turn on the Send Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday Closure (1 week). The desire is that when people send a message to our Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return stating that we are closed for the holidays. Thanks for any help with this. Mike Seattle Pacific University You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user wi...

Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2007 XP Pro SP2 ISP: Comcast =20 Problem: Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server =20 I have checked Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' =20 When I use Empty Deleted Items Folder, nothing is deleted from the Comast server. =20 Does this feature work with Comcast mail servers? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...

How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from exc
How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from within Excel 2002? I know it can be done somehow using the SQL.Request addin function. However my attempts using this function have continually failed. Can some one please provide a working example to the pubs or Northwind dbs that I can work with and use to help debug my attempt? Thank you! ...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...

Exchange Server Backup
When using the Windows Backup utility on my 03 Exchange Clustered server, there is no 'Microsoft Exchange Server' option to check under the Backup tab (like the docs show...only My Computer, My Documents, and My Network Places). Any ideas why? I see no documentation saying I need to do soemthing to make it appear. Thx Is Exchange System Manager installed on the machine that you are trying to run the backup from? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Weird black screen when responding to message
Hi All, The title says it all really. I've recently started to get a black screen with coloured type when I reply to messages. Invariably the screen goes back to white with whatever colour type is applicable to a string of messages but sometimes I have to hit send with it showing coloured text on black. When the message arrives at the other end the colour is correct. More oddly, this doesn't happen on all messages but is beginning to become more frequent. I've run a couple of spyware progs and Norton anti virus etc. so don't think its anything nasty behind it. So over to...

Re: Server address
When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my internet provider. I can't send my resume from yahoo cause i get an error message. You can't access Yahoo POP3 accounts unless you have the Plus account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Donna Lomagro" <purpletulips65@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ucQmttlvKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When i set up my server account i put yahoo.com and i have Verizon for my > internet provider. I can't send my resume fr...

Enterprise server with multiple organizations
Scenario: Organization has CRM 4.0 Enterprise version with three diffrent organizations. Goal: When CRM user goes to meeting with their client, they want "the big picture" of the customer data from all of three CRM environmets. Question: Is it possible to build report, that gathers data from multiple CRM organizations within one Enterprise server? If so, how many licenses/user is needed? If you are creating a report using SQL Reporting Services I can see no reason why you could not connect to the 3 database and get data from each. Not sure how you would know which records ar...

How to get looping VBA code to respond to events on worksheet
Hello, I have some code of the form do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... loop where I'd like the variable g_Paused to be toggled by a button on the worksheet. The only way I can seem to get the code to respond to the button click is to use do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Name").Activate DoEvents loop But this is pretty slow and causes the sheet to flicker...is there a better method? PS I'm using buttons from the Control Toolbox Thank you. ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Microsoft Mail
Is there anyway to setup microsoft mail in outlook 2002 to attach to existing microsoft mail postoffice. ...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...