Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:

In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a dialog
that pops up saying:

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
Error Description: The statement has been terminated.

Error Details:
Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform.

Error Number:
0x80040E2F

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Query String:
/tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new

I've never had this problem before.  I've added plenty of custom views.  It
happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines.

I tried looking up error code in MS Knowledge Base, but didn't get a hit.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Boolean1

0
Boolean1
7/15/2005 5:00:52 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

By the way, we have c360 Activity Summary installed.  Not sure that would
cause any harm.  (But I did notice that we probably havn't created any new
Views for Accounts since we installed that.)  I can create new views for
other entities, such as Leads.  Also I can open and save existing Account
views no problem, just can't add a new one.

Thanks,

Boolean1

"Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a
> dialog that pops up saying:
>
> Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
> Error Description: The statement has been terminated.
>
> Error Details:
> Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform.
>
> Error Number:
> 0x80040E2F
>
> Source File:
> Not available
>
> Line Number:
> Not available
>
> Query String:
> /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new
>
> I've never had this problem before.  I've added plenty of custom views.
> It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines.
>
> I tried looking up error code in MS Knowledge Base, but didn't get a hit.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boolean1

0
Boolean1
7/15/2005 5:10:56 AM
Well,

This turned out to be a Account view that had the exact same name as an
existing Lead view.

> By the way, we have c360 Activity Summary installed.  Not sure that would
> cause any harm.  (But I did notice that we probably havn't created any new
> Views for Accounts since we installed that.)  I can create new views for
> other entities, such as Leads.  Also I can open and save existing Account
> views no problem, just can't add a new one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boolean1
>

> "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a
>> dialog that pops up saying:
>>
>> Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
>> Error Description: The statement has been terminated.
>>
>> Error Details:
>> Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform.
>>
>> Error Number:
>> 0x80040E2F
>>
>> Source File:
>> Not available
>>
>> Line Number:
>> Not available
>>
>> Query String:
>> /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new
>>
>> I've never had this problem before.  I've added plenty of custom views.
>> It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines.
>>
>> I tried looking up error code in MS Knowledge Base, but didn't get a hit.
>>
>> Any help appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Boolean1

0
Boolean1

Restricted Access Error with Microsoft Office 2004 SP2 and Mac OS 10.3.x
We updated to Microsoft Office 2004 SP2 and everything runs fine. However, on the 20 or so restricted access ID's that we had previously setup now encounter the infamous http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;908466 error: When you start Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, or Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac, you receive the following error message: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." This only happens with a restricted account. We have uninstalled, cleared the startup items, startup addi...

VB Script Errors in Working Scripts
Hello All, I am a SAP Admin and I'm trying to implement some SAP GUI VBScript files so we can automate some adminsitrative tasks. I've been given some scripts that seem to work according to multiple people, but on two machienes I get an VBScript error when running them. I've looked endlessly for a mention of this error and get absolutly nothing other than IE8 errors. The purpose of this script it to simply login to an SAP installation. The code and error is as follows: **The Code** 1 Set SapGui = GetObject("SAPGUI") 2 Set application = SapGui.GetS...

Problems installing to MS CRM 3
Installing MS CRM 3 (RTM code) with trial licence to SBS 2003 Server with SP1. Install reporting an error on SRS where the HTTP:\\SERVERNAME can't be reached. I note that the default web site doesn't have a host header - is this what is causing the problem ? Have already performed the recommended work around (deactivating loopback check) on SBS. Generally frustrated with this as we were all told that the installation was much simpler now !! ...

Anyone receiving the 8331 error on E2k3 Please read
Our CPR team is currently investigating this issue. On Exchange 2003, the following error is continuously logged in the application log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\abvdgs.cpp(1388) In addition the Recipient Update Service will not stamp newly created users with an email address and Exchange attributes. A reboot will cause the problem to go away and then it recurs in approx 2 weeks. If anyone is experie...

Track in CRM causes SQL Error (CRM 4.0)
Hi all, We've got a couple of clients who are seeing apparently random SQL server errors when they click the Track in CRM button in the 4.0 Outlook client. The error reads: "A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." There is no corresponding error in either the client computer's event log or server event logs that I can find. They don't seem to have any ...

Outlook 2007 Returns Error 0x800CCC13 When Sending Calendar Items
Recently, I have run into an issue where any responses to Calendar invitations or even new Calendar invitations return return an error that states: Task 'E-mail account' reported error (0x800CCC13): 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.' All other e-mails sent and received with this account work properly, so both SMTP and POP work properly. I have tried disabling anti virus, etc. I even captured packets during an attempted send of a calendar invitation or response and have found that Outlook contacts the SMTP server, authe...

Change Number to Text , Case error when cell is String and format is General
Hi All How to check the cell is text or number ? When Cell is string, Case Excel close and recoveing. Sub FormatNum2str() '~~ 2010/02/18 Dim iRows As Long Dim iCols As Long Dim ir, ic As Long Dim iNum As Long Dim strVal As String If Application.Selection Is Nothing Then MsgBox "No Open Worksheet", vbCritical Exit Sub End If iRows = Application.Selection.Rows.Count iCols = Application.Selection.Columns.Count For ic = 1 To iCols For ir = 1 To iRows With Application.Selection.Item(ir, ic) If .NumberFormatLocal = "Gene...

We need assistance programing a front end for CRM on WM5
We are a certified partner in Canada looking for assistance with a project. Our client uses CRM 3.0 to manage their franchisees, which will use Windows Mobile 5.0 devices in the field to manage leads, sales, invoices, service calls, etc. The CRM end has already been customized and rolled out. We are looking for a partner to program the Wm5 front end to integrate through the internet to the CRM application, and CACHE all the information the franchisee will need to access when OFFLINE. Microsoft has committed to a CASE STUDY around this, and all partners will be referenced and potential...

When I try to insert a page number I can't. Get error message???
When I try to insert a page number in Word all I get is a "save selection to page number gallery." But you can't click on it. Then an error message will come up that says something about not being able to do this. This has just started happening. this is the first time I couldn't add one. I am working on a graduate paper and have to have page numbers, help!! Exit Word and then delete the Building Blocks.dotx file in your user profile. When you restart Word, a new copy of the file with factory default settings will be recreated. Note that you'll fin...

Report Parameters 04-29-10
I am familiar with other reporting tools like crystal and access but am new to ssrs. It seems like I have everything setup right but the report is only returning one record. I am passing three parameters to a report. The three parameters are @as_of_date, with available values set to none, default values set to none, advanced is always refresh. The next parameter is @mad_flag, data type text, available values set to specify, I have two values, Y and N for Yes and No, Advance set to never reset. The third parameter is @org_level_two_id, which is getting its value from a datas...

CRM email router requires Outlook Express components...
Hi, Just thought I'd pass on our success story with CRM-Exchange integration. We've been experiencing nothing but headaches with the Exchange Router configuration in the past week. We were not able to send emails from CRM and/or Web interface. What we had determine was that Outlook Express needs to be installed on the CRM servers. We are running CRM 3.0 on 2003 servers. However, by default, our servers are setup without Outlook Express components. Tons and tons of logs were passed back and forth to Microsoft BS. We decided to test by installing OE components and this finally reso...

Customisation CRM 1.2
We have CRM system installed, fully operational and working. I created and configure a queue user for receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back response back to customer with unique number. I know that I can assign the number by modifying web-server script, but may be there is some other way to do it? Best regards, Aleksey I guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to achieve what you need. Renatas. "Alex" wrote: > We have CRM system installed, fully operational and > workin...

Modify 'completed' activities in MS CRM 3.0
Is there a way to modify 'Completed' Activity Records in Microsoft CRM 3.0? For example, a user needs to add some aditional text to the description field in a 'Phone Call' Activity record that has been set as "Completed." Or a user mistakenly assigned a series of Activity records to the wrong Account. Now, those records need to be modified so that they are set as "Regarding" to another account. MS CRM 3.0 sets all fields to 'grey' and un-available for editing once the activity record as been set as "Completed." So, is there a way...

More strange Media Center Receiver Errors...
Can somebody please help me with this? I am getting a message that states: Media Center Receiver Error szAppName: ehRecvr.exe szAppVer: 5.1.2700.2180 szModName: ntdll.dll szModVer: 5.1.2600.5755 offset: 000101b3 Media Center does not seem to recognize my tuner cards so I'm not able to watch live tv or record programs. I have tried MceRepair and it has not worked. I'm at wit's end. Thanks! Brent Instead of posting the same question, it would be more helpful if you would reply and answer the questions that were asked of your first post 2 hours ago? --...

CRM Address Verification Software
Does anyone know of any good address verification software that is integrated with CRM? Meaning the data is actually corrected in CRM, it is not exported out, corrected and then re-imported. Integration seems to be a loose definition these days. The StrikeIron integration product that is available from C360 is not NCOA (National Change of Address) compatible and we are looking for something that is NCOA compatible. Hi Jack There are a few options - for an out-of-the-box solutions try Atlas from Hopeweiser: http://www.hopewiser.com/index.php/crm-systems/atlas-for-microsoft-crm.html...

Error Exporting to Excel
In one of my client PC, they are unable to export Smartlist to Excel, when ever they try they get this message "Unexpected error; quitting" This will not happen if the user is an administrator to the local machine (Windows permission issue_. Either make the user a local administrator or give the user full RWX access to Systems, Great PLains, office folders. Hope that helps. "Cost of last Reception" wrote: > In one of my client PC, they are unable to export Smartlist to Excel, when > ever they try they get this message "Unexpected error; quitting" ...

Outlook 2003 error message #4
When I try to send/receive using Outlook 2003 I get the following message "The operation failed. Object could not be found." The following are things I have tried to fix this: 1) I have tested my user account settings for Outlook 2003. They are fine. The test e-mail is received by Outlook Express. 2) I have removed my user account settings from Outlook Express (which does send/receive e-mail). 3) Outlook 2003 is set as my default mail program. 4) Since Express works, I imported my account settings from Express into Outlook and then deleted all account info in Express. H...

Access 2000 error ... occasionally
I've got xp professional w/ service pack 2, using access 2000 (never updated) and I recently ran into a problem - I believe it's stemming from command buttons. I added a button where on click it simply previews a report and it seemed to be working fine, when suddenly I receive some type of 'unable to connect to server' error and command buttons on every form in the database go unusable, and I receive failures and errors when trying to add them or trying to use them. I ended up importing all my tables, queries and reports into a new database and designing completely new forms ...

Linking between workbooks and getting #REF error
I am trying to link several excel files into a consolidated excel file. I already linked 3 files to the consolidated, but when I attempt to link the 4th, I am getting a #REF error. Here is what I am doing: I am highlighting the array I want to link from the individual file to the consolidated file. I copy that section. I go to the consolidated file, and paste special. I choose Paste Link: Microsoft Excel 8.0 Format. The consolidated file shows the #REF after doing so. I did the same process for the previous three files, and everything worked fine. Can anyone help? Thanks, TM ...

Installation Error 03-28-07
I'm installing CRM 3.0 onto SBS2003 R2 Premium with SQL2005 SP2 and I'm getting this error: The Reporting Services Report-Server http://servername/Reportserver cannot be validated. Error: The feature "Customizing Security Roles" is not supported in this edition of the Reporting Services. Is there any fix for this yet? this is a problem when sql2005 sp2 is installed. you need to uninstall sql server, reinstall (without applying sp2), then install crm 3. I believe there is a sp2a availiable that is better for crm though I haven't tried it. I also have not tried i...

Process EMSMTA.EXE (PID=2968). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040952.
Everything is working but what is this, it keeps happining in my event logs, any ideas to fix it? Process EMSMTA.EXE (PID=2968). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040952. Try the following: run setspn utility to list the registered Services Principal Names on Exchange Virtual Server (MAIL): setspn -l MAIL Registered ServicePrincipalNames for CN=MAIL,CN=Computers,DC=xxxxxx,DC=local: exchangeRFR/MAIL exchangeRFR/MAIL.xxxxxx.local exchangeMDB/MAIL exchangeMDB/MAIL.xxxxxx.local MSClusterVirtualServer/MAIL.xxxxxx.local MSClusterVirtualServer/MAIL HOST/...

Command line version of Microsoft AutoUpdate?
Hello, I'm new to this newsgroup. Tried searching the archives and found nothing about this. So here goes... Is there a Command line version of Microsoft AutoUpdate? I administer a few hundred macs and want to deploy the updates to as many of these as possible. Using terminal, I can open Microsoft AutoUpdate, but can not fully execute it. I'm thinking along the lines of how Apple has implemented their software updates. Any ideas? Thanx, Brian The problem is that AutoUpdate really just pulls down VISE packages which then run. It's kind of problematic. I end up just using ...

XML Environment Report
This may sound stupid and basic but how do I view the report output from teh Environment Diagnostic Wizard. The report is output in XML and I can see the report in my web browser but is there a standard XML format that we can use to simplify the presentation? I have Directors that want to view this information and they will freak if we present as is. any guidance will be appreciated. -- Regards Reodd ...

Constraints and Conditions for Capacity Reporting
I have a table of information to where I want to sort based on some conditions and constraints. I want to sort by Earliest Due Date but I have constraints to where I can only have one part number run on a given day and I have only a daily capacity of 100 hours. I want the table of information sorted quickly based on those conditions to where it sorts the information based on Earliest Due Date in blocks of 100 hours and the part numbers only show up once per 100 hour block. If a part number has two work orders with early due dates, I want it only to keep the one with the earliest date and th...

LastRow results in Run-time error
I�m using the following code to (hopefully) step through each populate row of my Data Entry sheet. I am using Excel 2000. I have a problem an questions: - Problem: �LastRow� is giving me a �Run-time error �438�: Objec doesn�t support this property or method� - Questions: Is the �With Sheets("Data Entry").Range("PTSource") statement sufficient to ensure the For/Next loop steps through al populated rows? Is the �LastRow� statement redundant or confllicting? Thanks. With Sheets("Data Entry").Range("PTSource") LastRow = .UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = 2 ...