Microsoft CRM Outlook Client enhancements available for download

I'm excited to deliver the news that the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client
enhancements for the 1.2 feature pack are now posted for download and their
KB's are available. Using these new enhancements you should see faster and
more scalable sync performance and you'll be able to run your Outlook
clients in a more secure environment with locked down desktops and without
requirement that users have local admin privileges to run the application.

You'll find all the details out on:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d-9fb6e4fa3501&DisplayLang=en

(Our US support team has all ready reported several customers wins from the
Outlook Client sync enhancements.)

This is a free enhancement and is available to all registered Microsoft CRM
customers and partners. I hope you will pass the news on to any and all the
Microsoft CRM customers you know!

Thanks,

Alex Simons

Director of Program Management, Microsoft CRM

alexsi (5)
8/26/2004 10:26:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That's cool Alex, thanks.

Do you have an ETA for the full Feature Pack, including the Information
Bridge Network for MS CRM and Office 2003?

Best regards,
Mike

0
mikieg_99
8/27/2004 9:30:42 AM
Hi Mike,

We ran into a really tricky performance issue with our integration to the
Office smart tag recognizer in our work on IBF. We've just figured out a
design that finally gives us a good user experience. Because we just figured
out the design here and now need to refactor our final QA pass, I don't have
an exact date, but I'm optimistic that it will be available by the end of
September.

Regards,

-------------------------
"mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@nospam.etypemedia.co.uk> wrote in message
> That's cool Alex, thanks.
>
> Do you have an ETA for the full Feature Pack, including the Information
> Bridge Network for MS CRM and Office 2003?
>
> Best regards,
> Mike

0
Alex
8/27/2004 6:32:08 PM
This update doesn't help us run SDK customizations against the SFO client,
does it?

Stephen

"alex_simons" <alexsi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm excited to deliver the news that the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client
> enhancements for the 1.2 feature pack are now posted for download and
> their
> KB's are available. Using these new enhancements you should see faster and
> more scalable sync performance and you'll be able to run your Outlook
> clients in a more secure environment with locked down desktops and without
> requirement that users have local admin privileges to run the application.
>
> You'll find all the details out on:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d-9fb6e4fa3501&DisplayLang=en
>
> (Our US support team has all ready reported several customers wins from
> the
> Outlook Client sync enhancements.)
>

> This is a free enhancement and is available to all registered Microsoft
> CRM
> customers and partners. I hope you will pass the news on to any and all
> the
> Microsoft CRM customers you know!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alex Simons
>
> Director of Program Management, Microsoft CRM
> rights.

Stephen
8/30/2004 9:59:58 AM
Hi,

Is the "Information Bridge Network for MS CRM and Office 2003" referenced
below, different from the IBF already released by the Office group?

Assuming it is, since the Office IBF can be used to access Microsoft CRM
databases directly (unsupported by MS), and the Office IBF can be used to
access MSCRM data via mscrmservices:

1. What additional functionality (advantages over the existing IBF) will be
offered by the CRM flavor?
2. When would you use the CRM version instead of the Office version, and
vice versa?

Thanks.

"Alex Simons [MSFT]" <alexsi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>
> We ran into a really tricky performance issue with our integration to the
> Office smart tag recognizer in our work on IBF. We've just figured out a
> design that finally gives us a good user experience. Because we just
figured
> out the design here and now need to refactor our final QA pass, I don't
have
> an exact date, but I'm optimistic that it will be available by the end of
> September.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex Simons
> Director of Program Management
> Microsoft CRM
> -------------------------
rights.
> "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@nospam.etypemedia.co.uk> wrote in message
> > That's cool Alex, thanks.
> >
> > Do you have an ETA for the full Feature Pack, including the Information
> > Bridge Network for MS CRM and Office 2003?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Mike

0
bhin
8/31/2004 3:14:29 AM
nope :-)

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Stephen Redmond" <noreply__stephen@crm.ie> wrote in message
> This update doesn't help us run SDK customizations against the SFO client,
> does it?
>

> Stephen
>
> "alex_simons" <alexsi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm excited to deliver the news that the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client
> > enhancements for the 1.2 feature pack are now posted for download and
> > their
> > KB's are available. Using these new enhancements you should see faster
and
> > more scalable sync performance and you'll be able to run your Outlook
> > clients in a more secure environment with locked down desktops and
without
> > requirement that users have local admin privileges to run the
application.

> > You'll find all the details out on:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d-9fb6e4fa3501&DisplayLang=en

> > (Our US support team has all ready reported several customers wins from
> > the
> > Outlook Client sync enhancements.)
> >

> > This is a free enhancement and is available to all registered Microsoft
> > CRM
> > customers and partners. I hope you will pass the news on to any and all
> > the
> > Microsoft CRM customers you know!
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alex Simons
> >
> > Director of Program Management, Microsoft CRM
> > --
> > rights.
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

0
John

WCF Client serialization problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?