Microsoft CRM Data Migration FrameWork - Exception

Hi,

I've installed the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework on a MS-CRM 3.0
server. All seems okay, but when I run it, it shows me an exception:

Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.Shell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debudgging
Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x10c (268), Thread id=0xf24 (3876).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Please help - what to do? what to install etc.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm getting the exact same error.  Is anyone aware of a solution?

"Thomas Nielsen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework on a MS-CRM 3.0
> server. All seems okay, but when I run it, it shows me an exception:
>
> Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.Shell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debudgging
> Services
>
> Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
>
> Process id=0x10c (268), Thread id=0xf24 (3876).
>
> Click OK to terminate the application.
> Click CANCEL to debug the application.
>

> Please help - what to do? what to install etc.
Hi, Guys,

I have the same problem. Did you get the  answer?

Thanks,

Gary Xie

"Greg" wrote:

> I'm getting the exact same error.  Is anyone aware of a solution?
>
> "Thomas Nielsen" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework on a MS-CRM 3.0
> > server. All seems okay, but when I run it, it shows me an exception:
> >
> > Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.Shell.exe - Common Language Runtime Debudgging
> > Services
> >
> > Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
> >
> > Process id=0x10c (268), Thread id=0xf24 (3876).
> >
> > Click OK to terminate the application.
> > Click CANCEL to debug the application.
> >

> > Please help - what to do? what to install etc.
What OS & SP are you running?

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Guys,
>
> I have the same problem. Did you get the  answer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary Xie
>
> "Greg" wrote:
>
>> I'm getting the exact same error.  Is anyone aware of a solution?
>>
>> "Thomas Nielsen" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've installed the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework on a MS-CRM
>> > 3.0
>> > server. All seems okay, but when I run it, it shows me an exception:
>> >
>> > Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.Shell.exe - Common Language Runtime
>> > Debudgging
>> > Services
>> >
>> > Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
>> >
>> > Process id=0x10c (268), Thread id=0xf24 (3876).
>> >
>> > Click OK to terminate the application.
>> > Click CANCEL to debug the application.
>> >

>> > Please help - what to do? what to install etc.

0
benb

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

confusion on track in crm
can the email still be tracked if ms exchange is not being used and an smtp server is used instead? both for outgoing and incoming . . . The email can be tracked manually by having the user use the "Track in CRM" button. With CRM 3.0, the Exchange CRM router is an optional component that gives you the ability to automatically promote email threads to CRM. In addition, CRM 4.0 will not require Exchange to automatically track email. Jason Roy "Rifat Yavuz" <RifatYavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4841975A-A76D-4F01-B169-FFC7199468BE@micros...

Exporting and Importing data
I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop. I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as it is on his old machine. Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to do this? If you are using exchange mailbox then the only thing you need to move over is your boss's .pst and .pab files. If he don't have those two files then you don't need to do anything. All the information is stored on the server. Just reconfigure the new Outlook with his exchange mail information. "lsoliz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

look up a selection of data
Hi I would like to transfer or look up data when keying in a reference number and bring up all the data regarding the ref number Eg Cell A1 = 101, B1 = John and C1 = january Cell A2 = 102, B2 = Mark and C2 = january Cell A3 = 103, B3 = Sam and C3 = February Cell A4 = 101, B4 = John and C4 = March Cell A5 = 101, B5 = John and C5 = June When I key in Ref 101 in a chosen cell (eg.A10) then the display should have all the details Cell A11 = John, B11 = January Cell A12 = John, B12 = March Cell A13 = John, B13 = June I assume A11, A12 and A13 should also have formulas to generate data but I c...

Writing data back to main form
I have a form that pops up when a certain value is selected in an Option Group on my main form. The user enters free from data in an unbound box on the popup form, then submits the "comment" through a background macro. The macro should write the "comment" back to the main form via a SetValue command, however, the macro is halted because it can't find the original form, which has remained open. Is SetValue the correct command to use in the macro? ...

Retreiving Data From CBM Tables
Hi, I'm facing some problem in retrieving CBM Tables in order to design a report for my customer. For my report I want to list out the Payments Posted Records from CBM and for that I have joined the two tables i.e. CB900035 & CB777001 BELOW IS MY QUERY: SELECT B.CHEKNMBR, A.CHEKBKID, B.CB_Trans_Amount, B.CB_Type_Description, A.CB_TRANS_TYPE FROM CB900035 A, CB777001 B WHERE A.DOCNUMBR=B.CHEKNMBR AND A.CBVOIDEDCANCELLED='' AND A.CB_TRANS_TYPE='P' AND A.CHEKBKID ='BatchNO' AND A.DATE1='12-31-2005' -------------------------------- In some cases the...

Thinking about CRM as a Solution
Hello there, We are an 13 employee IT service and merchandise shop for strictly Small Businesses up in Victoria BC Canada. We have been running a MS Access database as our "CRM" for about 5 years now. We are looking at alternatives and have started to look at Connectwise and Autotask. It seems to us that Connectwise is so different from how we work, and Autotask is similar to that. We have been so happy with our database becuase of the ability to manipulate it so freely and quickly if we need to. About 5 years ago, after we built the database we decided to switch from an hour...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...

Pivot Tables as Data Source
Does anyone know how to create a Pivot Table with multiple Pivot Tables as it's source? The source Pivot Tables retrieve data from different locations and are structured in the same way as each other, with the same dimensions - I would like to produce a summary Pivot Table. Thanks Stephen ...

Backing up Money data to online location?
2003 does not allow an easy way to save a back-up to an online location, such My Yahoo briefcase. I have to take the file, and upload it manually. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Will there be an online back-up option in future releases? I'd like to see it go to MSN via my Passport, for instance. I'd upgrade for that. Given the size of a backup and the availability of sync with the web, this might not make it anytime soon. "Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in message news:emn3z882DHA.3140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > 2003 doe...

Federated CRM
Hi, Do we have any information/articles/white papers on federated CRM? It will be good if these target MSCRM, but other CRM products would do. I need to formulate a strategy to achieve federation and am looking for some guidelines, implementation methodology around it. thanks for your help -prateek Prateek, I'm not sure what you mean by "federated CRM". Can you explain in greater detail? Michael Cross Navint http://www.navint.com "prateeksethi@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Do we have any information/articles/white papers on federated CRM? It > will...

CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?
Hi all, A quick timeline before explaining my issue: - We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated from ACT!" to distinguish. - Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging when necessary, assigning to right owners... - At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully. - Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe) successfully. - A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0. - A few months later, some users were complaining about d...

Extracting Data in Cells in order -- (or) eliminating empty cell space in a column
Hi I have this problem that I bet is easy to solve, but i am lost. I am an expert at the slow way to do things, but maybe there is a better way. The only way I can describe the problem is by means of an example. Lets say I have a column of numbers: >_A_|_B_| etc >> 1_1_|___| 2_3_|___| 3_2_|___| 5_5_|___| 5_3_|___| 6_4_|___| 7_7_|___| 8_3_|___| 9_1_|___| and then i write a little function in the adjoing cell, B1: =if(a1=3,a2,"") From there I fill down column B to B9. OK, pretty simple so far, right? What I am looking for is instances where I find a '3' in co...

How do I combine 2 text columns in Microsoft Excel?
I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to combine the text values to create one complete sentence in one column. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Try: =A5&" "&B5 if you want spaces between the columns or look at the CONCATENATE function example =CONCATENATE(A5,B5) Domaniman wrote: > I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the > first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to ...

How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?
I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail address to appear on Outlook. Please help. Thank you. In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common). Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords). Once you have done this, you ca...

Microsoft Word crop function
When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of an image? Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if no other method is practical through cro...

How do i enable domain user access from the internet to CRM ?
Hi I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web interface with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this. When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for credentials but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just says HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied. IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install. Is there anyway to do this ? Thank ...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Team Security CRM Outlook bug??
I have a probable bug with CRM Security. Scenario: I have created a new role with account access privileges set to user for all actions. I have a few salesfolks who need access to shared accounts, so I created teams for those members and shared the accounts with the team. The users can access the team-shared accounts from the web- client and from the Outlook client (while online). However, after the users go offline and attempt to access the accounts, they are getting the following error: Access Denied: You do not have access rights or privileges to perform this action. I can'...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

migration Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I run in my domain as domain controller w2k3, and as a mail server exch5.5 on a w2k machine. I have a week ago exchange 2003 installed. 1. Active Directory Connection is OK 2. i can send mails trough this mail servers.. (i can see the users of exch5.5 in my mail server exch2003) but as a next step, i want to disable the mail server 5.5... what do i have to do? 1. I have to move the mailboxes, but HOW? 2. Do I have to change the server names in OUTLOOK (exchange 5.5 users) can you please help me? See the links for further information regarding decommissioning Exchange 5.5, answers to you ...