Microsoft CRM 3.0 - WOW!

I'm surprised to be the first to comment on the outstanding application
we saw demoed at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference this week.
In a word, "Wow"...  To all of you who have been hanging in there with
what I'm sure MS would agree was a less than fully functional 1.x
product, you are about to be rewarded...

There are so many fantastic new features that I can't possibly cover
them all here.  Suffice to say, I believe that at least 90% of the
shortcomings in the 1.2 product have been addressed, and some terrific
new functionality has been added as well.  Some of the highlights
include:
 - fully customizable home page (and activities).  They demoed a CRM
Home page that looked like a portal, consisting of Share Point web
parts, including three graphs.
 - Ability to add custom entities.  You can rename all of the CRM tabs
(hurrah!  can change Contacts to People, etc.)  You can add new tables,
and specify M:M relationships between any CRM object, including custom
ones.
 - Everything looks much more like Outlook, and the integration appears
to be much tighter.
 - Great enhancements to Excel exporting, including the ability to
create a live link Pivot table (data updated in your PT as it changes
in CRM!).
 - Advanced Find can now query across objects, with a highly intuitive
And/Or grouping of lines.  And you can save queries, and they show up
right in the Views for that object! (You can share them too.)
 - Quick Campaigns can be created on any advanced find result set, with
sophisticated, full-blown marketing functionality built in.  (They even
had a "Email via Mail Merge option" on the menu - and the email GUID
appears to be history as well, and tracking email conversations looks
easier)
 - They have added a very sophisticated Service Scheduling module.
 - Greatly enhanced reporting capabilities via SRS
 - Simplified deployment (all customization/publication done through IE
GUI)

Like I said, that's just a short list.  Get ready folks, CRM 3.0 will
be the product everybody has been waiting for.  Kudos to the CRM Dev
team for a great job!

Dave
David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, the Visionary
Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM, visit
http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm
Partners, be sure to come by booth #806 at the WPC to see our new VAST
Insights historical data query tool in action!

0
Dave
7/9/2005 3:18:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Great to see 3.0 filled with all features...

But, when is this likely to be on General Availability?

---
Regards
Paras

0
Paras
7/10/2005 5:28:31 AM
RTM is scheduled for this autumn, and 3.0 is supposed to available to current
customers with 1.0 or 1.2 in December. General availability is set for the
beginning of 2006.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Paras" wrote:

> Great to see 3.0 filled with all features...
>
> But, when is this likely to be on General Availability?
>
> ---
> Regards
> Paras

Where can I get an official list of features in 3.0?

"MattNC" wrote:

> RTM is scheduled for this autumn, and 3.0 is supposed to available to current
> customers with 1.0 or 1.2 in December. General availability is set for the
> beginning of 2006.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Paras" wrote:
>
> > Great to see 3.0 filled with all features...
> >
> > But, when is this likely to be on General Availability?
> >
> > ---
> > Regards
> > Paras

I do not believe they have released an official list yet.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"MattNC" wrote:

> RTM is scheduled for this autumn, and 3.0 is supposed to available to current
> customers with 1.0 or 1.2 in December. General availability is set for the
> beginning of 2006.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Paras" wrote:
>
> > Great to see 3.0 filled with all features...
> >
> > But, when is this likely to be on General Availability?
> >
> > ---
> > Regards
> > Paras

0
Matt
7/13/2005 3:03:54 AM
I was VERY impressed too with all the new features in CRM.

Having battled my way through 1.2 over the last few months, trying all
sorts to get it to do what I want 3.0 looks like it's solved pretty
much every gripe I had with 1.2

cant wait

0
Bouffont
7/13/2005 1:20:14 PM
I have been battling with CRM 1.2 for 18 months and we have built some
exciting and extensive modules onto CRM. I am so happy to hear the list
of features that is coming out.

There was a presentation at teched that can be downlaoded (its about
5mb)

http://www.ddls.com.au/Extra/AllNewsletters/2005AUGENL/article3.htm?elq=E95D28602A344CBD91D13C6093D83CE1

Cheers

Alan
Bouffont wrote:
> I was VERY impressed too with all the new features in CRM.
>
> Having battled my way through 1.2 over the last few months, trying all
> sorts to get it to do what I want 3.0 looks like it's solved pretty
> much every gripe I had with 1.2
>
> cant wait

0
alan
8/10/2005 2:50:21 PM
Does anyone know if the new 3.0 Product works over Terminal Services.  This
was a huge problem with 1.2.

Thank you.

"alan@toogood.com.au" wrote:

> I have been battling with CRM 1.2 for 18 months and we have built some
> exciting and extensive modules onto CRM. I am so happy to hear the list
> of features that is coming out.
>
> There was a presentation at teched that can be downlaoded (its about
> 5mb)
>
> http://www.ddls.com.au/Extra/AllNewsletters/2005AUGENL/article3.htm?elq=E95D28602A344CBD91D13C6093D83CE1
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan
> Bouffont wrote:
> > I was VERY impressed too with all the new features in CRM.
> >
> > Having battled my way through 1.2 over the last few months, trying all
> > sorts to get it to do what I want 3.0 looks like it's solved pretty
> > much every gripe I had with 1.2
> >
> > cant wait

There is a version of the v3.0 Outlook client that only uspports online access
and supports mulitple user profils, so yes.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"alan@toogood.com.au" wrote:

> I have been battling with CRM 1.2 for 18 months and we have built some
> exciting and extensive modules onto CRM. I am so happy to hear the list
> of features that is coming out.
>
> There was a presentation at teched that can be downlaoded (its about
> 5mb)
>
> http://www.ddls.com.au/Extra/AllNewsletters/2005AUGENL/article3.htm?elq=E95D28602A344CBD91D13C6093D83CE1
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan
> Bouffont wrote:
> > I was VERY impressed too with all the new features in CRM.
> >
> > Having battled my way through 1.2 over the last few months, trying all
> > sorts to get it to do what I want 3.0 looks like it's solved pretty
> > much every gripe I had with 1.2
> >
> > cant wait

0
Matt
8/25/2005 4:13:05 PM
Hi I'm trying to set up a test version of mscrm3.0, ive installed it an its
working fine via an outlook client on local machines and via the web client.
The problem is that the sample database is not accessable becuase the crm
automatially logs users in, and they are logged into thier machines with
thier real names.

I decided that the easiest thing to do would be to install terminal services
on the crm machine and set up a profie with outlook etc set up for each
sample user.   When I log into terminal services and install the ts client
outlook gives me an error

“An Error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality.
Try restarting outlook
Contact your system administrator if the problem persists”

I found another post about an error in the install script (it refers to the
wrong build) I followed these instructions but it didn’t resolve the issue.

I am able to access the web based version with no issue but have found that
lots of the functionality is through outlook from within the terminal
services session, I’m also able to use the outlook client if I add myself as
a user and install the desktop client locally on my machine. I’m not able to
get the outlook client working in TS.

The integration with outlook is the main reason we’re looking to buy MSCRM
and I must admit that its not very easy to evaluate the product, and I'm not
looking forward to setting it up all over if we do buy it!!

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> There is a version of the v3.0 Outlook client that only uspports online access
> and supports mulitple user profils, so yes.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:12:04 -0700, AAA <AAA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know if the new 3.0 Product works over Terminal Services.  This
> was a huge problem with 1.2.
>
> Thank you.
>
> "alan@toogood.com.au" wrote:
>
> > I have been battling with CRM 1.2 for 18 months and we have built some
> > exciting and extensive modules onto CRM. I am so happy to hear the list
> > of features that is coming out.
> >
> > There was a presentation at teched that can be downlaoded (its about
> > 5mb)
> >
> > http://www.ddls.com.au/Extra/AllNewsletters/2005AUGENL/article3.htm?elq=E95D28602A344CBD91D13C6093D83CE1
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Alan
> > Bouffont wrote:
> > > I was VERY impressed too with all the new features in CRM.
> > >
> > > Having battled my way through 1.2 over the last few months, trying all
> > > sorts to get it to do what I want 3.0 looks like it's solved pretty
> > > much every gripe I had with 1.2
> > >
> > > cant wait

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Microsoft Update 'left behinds'
Every time I download and install the latest Microsoft Update 'fixes' to XP-Pro, the file space taken up by XP-Pro grows and grows. While this will be an elementary question to many, is some of this XP-Pro file space 'growth' being caused by stuff that the 'fixes' leave behind and files that XP-Pro no longer needs? If so, can these 'left behind' files be gotten rid of so as to reclaim some HD space? Are there any pros and cons to deleting these 'left behind' files? Assuming that these 'left behind' files can be deleted, what i...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Frequency #3
I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the y-axis? Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard deviation units along the x-axis? Thanks for your help. wrace. Wrace - You might need to devote an additional section of your worksheet to condition the data for plotting. I don't know about phstat, so I don't know how extensively you will need to adjust your data. To put a vertical line where the mean and SD are located, check out this web pa...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

multiple disclaimers with microsoft antigen 9

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Could Microsoft stop being disruptive?
I find that Microsoft has slowly become a monster doctor who has very noble intentions of protecting his patient from all the infections around and keeps pushing needles and pills into his patient to ward off all the evils. After installing SP3, at the time of several shut-down occasions, I have seen XP asking me not to shut down the computer since XP was installing no 1 of some 25 upgrades and advising me that the computer will shut down by itself. It never asked me if I wanted any of those upgrades to be installed. I prefer a doctor who tells me how a particular infection ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

CRM Contact details
Hi There, Is it possible that we could generate a report (Advance Find) from the CRM list all clients with their perspectives contact details. Looking forward to hearing for you. Regards, Syed. Hi, By default the Parent Customer field is displayed on the Advanced Find view results for Contacts.You will need to edit the view and "Add Columns" from the "Parent Customer" record type to display account related information in the view. Alternately, you can create a report on Contacts using the Report Wizard, that is grouped on Account Name and displays all contacts ...

CRM 4 Workflow
Hi, I have created a fairly long workflow using the workflow GUI, there are lots of nested wait conditions and check conditions. When I get to the bottom of the visible screen and add a new stage it adds it on but I can't see the whole step to edit it, it seems to be when the screen has got to a certain length that scrollbars are required. When I click the twisties to hide stages and then display them again sometimes my new stage appears, sometimes not. It is proving impossible to complete the workflow, has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks Rob Rob, Why dont you divide you...

Very Old Version of MSMoney (3.0)
I'm currently using a version of MS Money from 1994 on Windows 98....works perfectly! I have a new computer using MS XP... When I try to run this version of Money I get a "general protection fault in module "msmoney.exe 0059.0504"". Money Standard 2002 came with the system but I can't find it on the recovery disk to re-install. Would rather not re-install complete system if possible. You might need to run the program in compatibility mode. Find the executable for the program and right click, selecting properties. Set the compatibility option for Windows 95 or 9...

Installation CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1 fails, please help
At the end of my installation I get an error windows with; Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to provision your organisation Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005) Active Directory is in native mode I am installing as the administrator (domain admin) security account for services in Local System account Local System account and computer are added to the Pre Windows 2000 comp group Thanks in advance for any support Marc Did you enter your organization name precisely the same way it appears on your CRM 1.2 licenses? -- Matt ...

Log Owner changes of CRM entities
When the owner of a record changes, it's ownership history should be tracked. This would allow visibility and reporting flexibility as well as open the door as an enabler of historical reporting. ie: Order totals by Sales Rep could then be calculated by the Sales Rep who owned the Account at the time of the order, and not just by the current owner of the Account. Options considered: 1. Record the owner change date and previous owner on the record itself using custom code from the onchange event. 2. Create a generic Ownership change log entity where a record is created from the Owne...

why do i need to iisret everytime I boot for crm to work ?
Hi guys, I have a crm sql and iis server on same box with win 2008 and its also a domain controller. Everytime I boot, i need to make a iisreset for crm to work. Anyone get this also? Thanks ...

Microsoft Money Log In
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx In microsoft.public.money, David Long wrote: >You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page. This group is about Microsoft Money. It sounds as if you are trying to ...

solving for 3 unknowns using 3 simultaneous equations
How is it that you do this. I have searched all over and can't seem to find an answer. I read something about an mmul function or something...but then my computer froze up on me before I could read the post. ...

receipt format #3
when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out , is it possible what to do. Did you try changing the top and bottom margins? "Andaiye" wrote: > when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and > bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some > space between the part tha...