Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional has lost some feature!

Dear all,

I have a problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional. The first CRM
server has broken and I did the schedule backup everyday at 12:00am.
So, I setup the second CRM Server with the same product and I follow
the same step to do it.

The problem is: When I browse to crm webpage I only see some features
as:

 1. Workplace
    - My Work: Articles, Reports, Announcements
    - Service: Knowledge Base

 2. Service
 3. Settings

Before when I install this product and I browse I see more some
feature:

 1. Workplace
   - My Work: Activities, Calendar, Queues, Acticles, Reports and
Announcements
   - Customers: Accounts and Contacts

 2. Sales
 3. Marketing
 4. Service
 5. Settings

I wonder why and what is this appenning.

Could you please help me some idea on how can I get all the feature
back?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Susan

0
metrey007 (11)
2/17/2009 9:48:30 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Susan -

Your installation user is running in 'restricted' mode.

To change it:  Open up your user profile (in Settings-->Business
Units-->Users) and at the bottom of your profile screen you will see a
checkbox  called 'restricted access' which will be checked.  uncheck this
box, save and close your profile.  Then close CRM and re-open it - you will
have all your features back.

Dave Ireland

"Susan" <metrey007@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional. The first CRM
> server has broken and I did the schedule backup everyday at 12:00am.
> So, I setup the second CRM Server with the same product and I follow
> the same step to do it.
>
> The problem is: When I browse to crm webpage I only see some features
> as:
>
> 1. Workplace
>    - My Work: Articles, Reports, Announcements
>    - Service: Knowledge Base
>
> 2. Service
> 3. Settings
>
> Before when I install this product and I browse I see more some
> feature:
>
> 1. Workplace
>   - My Work: Activities, Calendar, Queues, Acticles, Reports and
> Announcements
>   - Customers: Accounts and Contacts
>
> 2. Sales
> 3. Marketing
> 4. Service
> 5. Settings
>
> I wonder why and what is this appenning.
>
> Could you please help me some idea on how can I get all the feature
> back?
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>

> Susan

0
direland (470)
2/17/2009 1:18:36 PM
On Feb 17, 8:18=A0pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> Hi Susan -
>
> Your installation user is running in 'restricted' mode.
>
> To change it: =A0Open up your user profile (in Settings-->Business
> Units-->Users) and at the bottom of your profile screen you will see a
> checkbox =A0called 'restricted access' which will be checked. =A0uncheck =
this
> box, save and close your profile. =A0Then closeCRMand re-open it - you wi=
ll
> have all your features back.
>
> Dave Ireland
>
> "Susan" <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Dear all,
>
> > I have a problem withMicrosoftCRM3.0Professional. The firstCRM
> > serverhasbroken and I did the schedule backup everyday at 12:00am.
> > So, I setup the secondCRMServer with the same product and I follow
> > the same step to do it.
>
> > The problem is: When I browse tocrmwebpage I only seesomefeatures
> > as:
>
> > 1. Workplace
> > =A0 =A0- My Work: Articles, Reports, Announcements
> > =A0 =A0- Service: Knowledge Base
>
> > 2. Service
> > 3. Settings
>
> > Before when I install this product and I browse I see moresome
> >feature:
>
> > 1. Workplace
> > =A0 - My Work: Activities, Calendar, Queues, Acticles, Reports and
> > Announcements
> > =A0 - Customers: Accounts and Contacts
>
> > 2. Sales
> > 3. Marketing
> > 4. Service
> > 5. Settings
>
> > I wonder why and what is this appenning.
>
> > Could you please help mesomeidea on how can I get all thefeature
> > back?
>
> > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Yours sincerely,
>
> > Susan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your help. That's work for me.

Could I ask you some more questions? Now I have new CRM Server in the
same domain. I would like to move my data that I have been backup from
old CRM Server using SQL Server 2005 to restore in the new CRM Server.

Do you have any steps to do that? I have search via internet and I
have some step that I cannot follow up by.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Susan

0
metrey007 (11)
2/18/2009 1:43:04 AM
Susan;

I think you might need to uninstall the CRM you just installed.

In order to move your database and install CRM 3.0 to connect to those
databases, you need to first get the databases moved, and then install the
CRM and choose to connect to those databases.

Here is an article that describes moving you CRM databases to a new server -
you should follow this to get your databases moved over.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917948.

Once you do that, you can just install the CRM and choose to connect to
those databases when prompted.

Dave

On Feb 17, 8:18 pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> Hi Susan -
>
> Your installation user is running in 'restricted' mode.
>
> To change it: Open up your user profile (in Settings-->Business
> Units-->Users) and at the bottom of your profile screen you will see a
> checkbox called 'restricted access' which will be checked. uncheck this
> box, save and close your profile. Then closeCRMand re-open it - you will
> have all your features back.
>
> Dave Ireland
>
> "Susan" <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Dear all,
>
> > I have a problem withMicrosoftCRM3.0Professional. The firstCRM
> > serverhasbroken and I did the schedule backup everyday at 12:00am.
> > So, I setup the secondCRMServer with the same product and I follow
> > the same step to do it.
>
> > The problem is: When I browse tocrmwebpage I only seesomefeatures
> > as:
>
> > 1. Workplace
> > - My Work: Articles, Reports, Announcements
> > - Service: Knowledge Base
>
> > 2. Service
> > 3. Settings
>
> > Before when I install this product and I browse I see moresome
> >feature:
>
> > 1. Workplace
> > - My Work: Activities, Calendar, Queues, Acticles, Reports and
> > Announcements
> > - Customers: Accounts and Contacts
>
> > 2. Sales
> > 3. Marketing
> > 4. Service
> > 5. Settings
>
> > I wonder why and what is this appenning.
>
> > Could you please help mesomeidea on how can I get all thefeature
> > back?
>
> > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Yours sincerely,
>
> > Susan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your help. That's work for me.

Could I ask you some more questions? Now I have new CRM Server in the
same domain. I would like to move my data that I have been backup from
old CRM Server using SQL Server 2005 to restore in the new CRM Server.

Do you have any steps to do that? I have search via internet and I
have some step that I cannot follow up by.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Susan

0
direland (470)
2/18/2009 2:14:57 AM
On Feb 18, 9:14=A0am, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > - Customers: Accounts and Contacts
>
> > > 2. Sales
> > > 3. Marketing
> > > 4. Service
> > > 5. Settings
>
> > > I wonder why and what is this appenning.
>
> > > Could you please help mesomeidea on how can I get all thefeature
> > > back?
>
> > > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> > > Thanks in advance.
>
> > > Yours sincerely,
>
> > > Susan- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks so much for your help. That's work for me.
>
> Could I ask yousomemore questions? Now I have newCRMServer in the
> same domain. I would like to move my data that I have been backup from
> oldCRMServer using SQL Server 2005 to restore in the newCRMServer.
>
> Do you have any steps to do that? I have search via internet and I
> havesomestep that I cannot follow up by.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your explaination. I think I get it some more a little
now.

So, that means I have to install Microsoft CRM after I finish step 5
of the procedure that you give me, right?

I think I might have problem for configuration step 5. As my old CRM
Server is broken and I cannot browse to find a file name:
SQLAccessGroup {GUID} in my Active Directory or anywhere, I think this
because of my old CRM Server is broken right?

The file I backed up was on 12th of February and my CRM server have
broken down on 13th of February.

So, do you think how can I fix this out?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much again in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Susan

0
metrey007 (11)
2/18/2009 6:00:20 AM
Hi Susan - you should be able to add the SQLAccessGroup to your server in
step 5- this would have nothing to do with your broken CRM server.  that
group is stored in AD.  please note step 5d and ensure 'groups' are selected
as a search location.

once you complete step 5, you can try installing the CRM and connecting to
those databases.

Dave

On Feb 18, 9:14 am, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> [...]
> havesomestep that I cannot follow up by.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Susan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your explaination. I think I get it some more a little
now.

So, that means I have to install Microsoft CRM after I finish step 5
of the procedure that you give me, right?

I think I might have problem for configuration step 5. As my old CRM
Server is broken and I cannot browse to find a file name:
SQLAccessGroup {GUID} in my Active Directory or anywhere, I think this
because of my old CRM Server is broken right?

The file I backed up was on 12th of February and my CRM server have
broken down on 13th of February.

So, do you think how can I fix this out?

2/18/2009 12:43:50 PM
On Feb 18, 7:43=A0pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > havesomestep that I cannot follow up by.
>
> > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Yours sincerely,
>
> > Susan- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for your explaination. I think I get itsomemore a little
> now.
>
> So, that means I have to installMicrosoftCRMafter I finish step 5
> of the procedure that you give me, right?
>
> I think I might have problem for configuration step 5. As my oldCRM
> Server is broken and I cannot browse to find a file name:
> SQLAccessGroup {GUID} in my Active Directory or anywhere, I think this
> because of my oldCRMServer is broken right?
>
> The file I backed up was on 12th of February and myCRMserver have
> broken down on 13th of February.
>
> So, do you think how can I fix this out?

Hi Dave,

Could you please precise me about SQLAccessGroup {GUID}? Should I add
the old one of my old CRM Server? I really don't get it.

Do you have any idea about Deployment Manager that have no Server
Manager in the left pane? I never could find Server Manager in
Deployment Manger of my CRM Server. So I think I will stuck on step 7
then.

I look forward to heairng from you.

Thanks a lots again in advance.

Sincerely Yours,

Susan

0
metrey007 (11)
2/19/2009 3:04:41 AM
On Feb 19, 10:04=A0am, Susan <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Server is broken and I cannot browse to find a file name:
> > SQLAccessGroup {GUID} in my Active Directory or anywhere, I think this
> > because of my oldCRMServer is broken right?
>
> > The file I backed up was on 12th of February and myCRMserver have
> > broken down on 13th of February.
>
> > So, do you think how can I fix this out?
>
> > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> > Thanks so much again in advance.
>
> > Yours sincerely,
>
> > Susan- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Dave,
>
> Could you please precise me about SQLAccessGroup {GUID}? Should I add
> the old one of my oldCRMServer? I really don't get it.
>
> Do you have any idea about Deployment Manager that have no Server
> Manager in the left pane? I never could find Server Manager in
> Deployment Manger of myCRMServer. So I think I will stuck on step 7

Hi Dave,

I do follow as your advice and now I install Microsoft CRM, I get an
error message in System Requirment Windows:

 - Cannot open database3 "OrganizationName_METABASE" requested by the
loing. The login failed. Login failed for user "DOMAINNAME
\Administrator"

How can I solve this problem? Could you please help for more advice?

Thanks so much in advance.

Sincerely Yours,

Susan

0
metrey007 (11)
2/19/2009 4:32:39 AM
did you restore the METABASE database as part of the microsoft article
steps?  ensure the user you are installing CRM with (domain/administrator it
looks like) has the sysadmin role in SQL Server.

Dave

On Feb 19, 10:04 am, Susan <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> the old one of my oldCRMServer? I really don't get it.
>
> Do you have any idea about Deployment Manager that have no Server
> Manager in the left pane? I never could find Server Manager in
> Deployment Manger of myCRMServer. So I think I will stuck on step 7
> then.
>
> I look forward to heairng from you.
>
> Thanks a lots again in advance.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Susan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

I do follow as your advice and now I install Microsoft CRM, I get an
error message in System Requirment Windows:

 - Cannot open database3 "OrganizationName_METABASE" requested by the
loing. The login failed. Login failed for user "DOMAINNAME
\Administrator"

How can I solve this problem? Could you please help for more advice?

2/19/2009 12:07:47 PM
On Feb 19, 7:07=A0pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> did you restore the METABASE database as part of themicrosoftarticle
> steps? =A0ensure the user you are installingCRMwith (domain/administrator=
 it
> looks like)hasthe sysadmin role in SQL Server.
>
> Dave
>
> "Susan" <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 19, 10:04 am, Susan <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 18, 7:43 pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi Susan - you should be able to add the SQLAccessGroup to your serve=
> > > in
> > > step 5- this would have nothing to do with your brokenCRMserver. that
> > > group is stored in AD. please note step 5d and ensure 'groups' are
> > > selected
> > > as a search location.
>
> > > once you complete step 5, you can try installing theCRMand connecting=
> > > those databases.
>
> > > Dave
>
> > > "Susan" <metrey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi Dave,
>
> > > Thanks for your explaination. I think I get itsomemore a little
> > > now.
>
> > > So, that means I have to installMicrosoftCRMafter I finish step 5
> > > of the procedure that you give me, right?
>
> > > I think I might have problem for configuration step 5. As my oldCRM
> > > Server is broken and I cannot browse to find a file name:
> > > SQLAccessGroup {GUID} in my Active Directory or anywhere, I think thi=
> > > because of my oldCRMServer is broken right?
>
> > > The file I backed up was on 12th of February and myCRMserver have
> > > broken down on 13th of February.
>
> > > So, do you think how can I fix this out?
>
> > > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> > > Thanks so much again in advance.
>
> > > Yours sincerely,
>
> > > Susan- Hide quoted text -

> > Hi Dave,
>
> > Could you please precise me about SQLAccessGroup {GUID}? Should I add
> > the old one of my oldCRMServer? I really don't get it.
>
> > Do you have any idea about Deployment Manager that have no Server
> > Manager in the left pane? I never could find Server Manager in
> > Deployment Manger of myCRMServer. So I think I will stuck on step 7
> > then.
>
> > I look forward to heairng from you.
>
> > Thanks a lots again in advance.
>
> > Sincerely Yours,
>
> > Susan- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Dave,
>
> I do follow as your advice and now I installMicrosoftCRM, I get an
> error message in System Requirment Windows:
>
> =A0- Cannot open database3 "OrganizationName_METABASE" requested by the
> loing. The login failed. Login failed for user "DOMAINNAME
> \Administrator"
>
> How can I solve this problem? Could you please help for more advice?
>
> Thanks so much in advance.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Susan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Thank you alot for your much help. Everything now is working fine.

Good Luck! Have a nice weekend!

Susan
0
metrey007 (11)
2/20/2009 3:38:46 AM
glad to hear that Susan!

Dave

On Feb 19, 7:07 pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Deployment Manger of myCRMServer. So I think I will stuck on step 7
> > then.
>
> > I look forward to heairng from you.
>
> > Thanks a lots again in advance.
>
> > Sincerely Yours,
>
> > Susan- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Dave,
>
> I do follow as your advice and now I installMicrosoftCRM, I get an
> error message in System Requirment Windows:
>
> - Cannot open database3 "OrganizationName_METABASE" requested by the
> loing. The login failed. Login failed for user "DOMAINNAME
> \Administrator"
>
> How can I solve this problem? Could you please help for more advice?
>
> Thanks so much in advance.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Susan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dave,

Thank you alot for your much help. Everything now is working fine.

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Retrieve Lost Email

crm consultant needed asap

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

Using later version of microsoft access

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

date function #3

Custom reports #3

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...