Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Good Day board,

Quick and to the point. I'm installing a trial copy of Microsoft CRM 3.0
that I got at a computer conference recently and I've gotten everything
to work in the System Requirements dialog except that it's telling me
that "The minimum required version is SQL Server 2000 SP4 (8.0.2026)".
Strange this is that I do believe that I have SQL Server 2005 installed
on the machine.

Any idea how to be absolutely sure of what version I have installed?
0
Kirrin
11/8/2007 10:05:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you choosed the right name of SQL server during installation set-
up?`

You have to make it sure if it is SQL 2005 or Sql2000?

/Aamir

0
Aamir

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

[ANN] XMLmind FO Converter v4.0
XFC v4.0 has been released. This version is a major breakthrough as it brings support of Office Open XML (MS-Word 2007 native format) as alternate output format. As usual, Personal Edition is freely available from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/download.shtml>, and Professional Edition upgrade is available to eligible customers from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/upgrade.html>. Personal Edition users, please note that Personal Edition license terms have changed drastically compared with version 3.1. Except in a few special cases Personal Edition may no longer be used fo...

Primary Contact 09-17-07
Is there a way to create primary contacts for multiple accounts at the same time? I did a bulk import of accounts and a bulk import of contacts where the contact's partentcustomerid (Parent Customer) was imported. There is an existing relationship between the contact and the account through the parentcustomerid but I would like to associate the contact as the primary contact for the account. Primary Contact is assigned by mapping the ContactId (GUID) to the Primary Contact field (just like you did for ParentCustomId to get the Parent Account). But of course, this is a double edged ...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Formula Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that I'm working on that tracks employee attendance. A sample is included below: A B C D 1 Name 06/07/04 Final Warning Attendance 2 Name 08/21/03 Warning Tardy 3 Name 12/04/02 Warning Attendance 4 Name 09/16/02 Counsel Tardy 5 Name 08/05/02 Counsel Attendance Is there a formula that will tell me how many instances an employee was on an Attendance or Tardy disciplinary step of Final Warning, Warning ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Un-installing COM add-ins
I tried to un-install some COM add-ins from an Excel 2007 user's machine via the Excel dialog to do so. It would not allow the COM add-in to be un-installed. Does anyone know where in the registry the load COM add-in entries are stored so that I can manually delete such entries? Thanks, Bob ...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

windows xp service pack 3
error-model Flash 10c ocx nersion v 1534 win 5.1 2600 2 (service pack 3) IE 8.0o6001.18702 Base 76F0000,001B falsh0c This keeps poppen up and shuts me down. What is it and how can I fix it. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- ~Robear Dyer ...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

hallo 10-14-07
Test ...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

please help #3
In Money 2003, when I receive payment on an invoice, it automatically records it to my register. Is there any way around this? The reason is that I like to make one large deposit, and I want this large deposit to show in my register, not the individual ones. Thanks!! .. ...

addons CRM
Does anyone have a link or list of recent add-on's for Microsoft CRM? ...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...

cannot install outlook from outlook express (import stalls)
trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. other office features do function ie excel and word In news:E167009C-F5CD-4D0F-B08B-217C0FFE3E78@microsoft.com, outlook fails to install <outlook fails to install@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. > other office features do function ie excel and word Install and configure Outlook on this computer. Then, launch OE and *export* from there to Outlook.....do not *import*. ...

query help 01-08-08
My main table is called tblMain and this has an abundance of information in there. Each record has an ID called MainID. I need to do a 'search type query' on 4 fields . I have a primary business unit which each record must fill in (PrimaryBU). I then have another 3 related business unit fields (RelatedBU1, RelatedBU2, RelatedBU3). All 4 of these fields are linked to a lookup table tblBusinessUnit. I need to write a query that will prompt the user to type a business unit (I know how to do this part) and will then show any record which has that business unit in any of those 4 fie...

CRM 4.0 suddenly unusable
I only installed CRM 4.0 5 weeks ago, and only began loading it with real data 2 weeks ago. It seemed to be working fine on Friday, but this (Monday) morning CRM is no longer accessible through the Outlook Client or the web interface. The web interface gives the error message below. I have logged onto the SQL server and it appears to be fine. I can't understand what happened when not a single person was in the office over the weekend, and neither machine appears to have been reset due to a MS Update. Any ideas? Server Error in '/' Application --------------------------...

Shading #3
I'm stumped. I've looked at 2 different sites (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html and http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm) to figure out how to shade, but I'm missing something here. My data covers monthly figures Jan - Dec. There is a max and min for each month. I want to shade between those 2 points and then plot the current year's figures over that range. In looking at both of the sites above, it seems like Jan - Dec need to be numbers. So, I know I'm missing some little step, I just don't know what it is. Thanks! Not too sure what you...

CRM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ol=E1 pessoal!!! algu=E9m conhece um link onde eu possa arrumar uma = Vers=E3o Trial do CRM... Porfavor!!!=20 Muito Obrigado... ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DConte...

Too Many Personal Folders #3
I recently moved the pst file from my old computer (Outlook2000) to my new computer (Outlook2003). Before copying the file to the directory on my new computer, I renamed the existing file from outlook.pst to outlook_orig.pst. It moved fine, except the Outlook Address Book would not recognize the Contacts Folder, so I also opened outlook_orig.pst. No problem there, but now when I open Outlook, it now displays four sets of Personal Folders - (1) pointing to outlook_orig.pst and (3) pointing to outlook.pst. I have no clue how I did that, but if I right-click on any of the three sets pointi...