Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration framework

Hi,

Does anybody know when Microsoft are due to release the DMF for version
3.0? or is it possible to use the 1.2 DMF to import data. We have
contacts and would like to associate them with with their parent
accounts. Any help or comments on this matter would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks

Rick

0
rac504uk
12/13/2005 9:26:24 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No, I don't think you can use 1.2 DMF to import data to CRM 3.0. The
easiest would be to buy a 45 days scribe license to do your data import
for $495. The other option would be writing a small program using the
CRM 3.0 API to insert all of your contact data to CRM 3.0.

Darren

0
DL
12/13/2005 10:07:54 PM
The messaging that I have heard is 90 days after GA for MS CRM 3.0 they will
release the DMF.

Options till then are to write a small applicaiton to load through the API's
or maybe scribe against 3.0.

Later
   Hoss

<rac504uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know when Microsoft are due to release the DMF for version
> 3.0? or is it possible to use the 1.2 DMF to import data. We have
> contacts and would like to associate them with with their parent
> accounts. Any help or comments on this matter would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Rick

0
Hoss
12/14/2005 12:42:03 AM
Hi,

we can developed program using API's of CRM 3.0. and you can also use scribe
adapter for data migration..

mail me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com

--
http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

"Hoss Hostetler" wrote:

> The messaging that I have heard is 90 days after GA for MS CRM 3.0 they will
> release the DMF.
>
> Options till then are to write a small applicaiton to load through the API's
> or maybe scribe against 3.0.
>
> Later
>    Hoss
>
> <rac504uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know when Microsoft are due to release the DMF for version
> > 3.0? or is it possible to use the 1.2 DMF to import data. We have
> > contacts and would like to associate them with with their parent
> > accounts. Any help or comments on this matter would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Rick

Hi Hoss!

"Hoss Hostetler" wrote
> The messaging that I have heard is 90 days after GA for MS CRM 3.0 they
> will release the DMF.

See:
http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.crm/msg/f3633bba67ef4d57

Cheers

Arne Janning
http://geekswithblogs.net/insidemscrm

0
Arne
12/14/2005 10:10:38 AM
Just another thought.

Do you have your 3.0 system up and running already? Because you could import
the data in crm 1.2 using 1.2 DMF and then upgrade the implementation to 3.0.
If there's already data in there, then find a way to copy the data (mind the
owning user stuff and so on) from a test server.

Hope this helps,
--
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"rac504uk@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know when Microsoft are due to release the DMF for version
> 3.0? or is it possible to use the 1.2 DMF to import data. We have
> contacts and would like to associate them with with their parent
> accounts. Any help or comments on this matter would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Rick

How to import DATA from SQL2K to Access?
I am using get external data, import, ODBC type and it's error out saying I cannot use ODBC to import/export data. I would appreciate if someone please show me the better way of importing data from sql. Mehbs, Two ways. 1 - From SQL Server, use DTS to copy the data from the SQL Server table to the Access table. 2 - From Access, link your SQL Server table through ODBC and then use an append query to copy the data from the linked SQL Server table to your Access table. Good luck. -- Sco M.L. "Sco" Scofield, MCSD, MCP, MSS, A+, Access MVP 2001 - 2005 Denver Area Ac...

How do I change data in one cell so other copies& vice versa
i have two cells that i want linked.....i know how to link one cell to another but my question is this how do i link cells so that when data is changed in either cell BOTH of the cells change.....example enter data in a1 to make b1 change....how do i make it so i can enter data in b1 to make a1 change....so they both can change each other.. thanx Hi not possible without using VBA 8an event procedure) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sedain wrote: > i have two cells that i want linked.....i know how to link one cell to > another but my question is this how do i link...

Data file not closed properly?
Frequently, although not every day, when I boot up and open Outlook 2003 (SP1), I get a brief message which reads "The data file "MAIN" was not closed properly". It then runs a quick check, a progress bar zips by, and then my "Main" Outlook .pst file opens. The thing is, I close Outlook the same way every night before shutting down, and cannot figure out why it thinks there's a problem. There hasn't been a problem with my data. BTW, this behavior began - albeit intermittently - after installing Windows XP Pro SP2. Could that have something to do...

Relaying #3
Hello: Have a question regarding Exchange 5.5. with an issue that arose after Internet Mail Service crashed. I have the server locked down for relaying by checking the "hosts and clients connecting to these internal addresses" checked and left blank. If I telnet into the box and mail from: me@mydomain.com, I should be able to send mail. Instead, I get relaying denied. Can't figure out why. This should only deny me if I mail from: me@notmydomain.com...correct. Anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:13:16 -0500, "Joe" <NONE> wro...

Emails assigned from a queue to a user are created as duplicate in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
n CRM 3.0, an e-mail is received in the queue of the e-mail support. The queue is owned by admin. and the mail is sent from a customer created in the crm software. When I log in as myself (different from admin.) and I assigned the received mail (now an activity) to another user in the system, the activity is created twice (duplicated) into his 'Assigned' folder in his queue. Can someone help me with that issue? I have searched the newsgroup and so far, two other similar issues have been left unanswered... 1- User1 (System Administrator) sends an email to a CRM Queue. 2- From the qu...

URGENT
Hi, I'm having problems sending email from with in CRM to another CRM user. The email will show up in CRM as a closed activity, but the email never hits the exchange server. I can, however, send to any outside email address from CRM. If I send the email from outlook to another CRM user, and track it in CRM, that works just fine too. Has anyone seen this problem, and know how to fix it? Thanks!! Dan, That is exactly how the CRM Email Router works. At least, my understanding of this issue is that if you send an email from within the CRM Web Client your email never leaves CRM, h...

Exchange 2K3 #3
I hope this is the correct group to post this. If not, I am sorry. I am running Exchgange 2K3 on Win 2000 server SP4. Exchange server shutting itself down nightly giving mulitple Event ID 7011 errors in the System event log. Problem sovler for this in Exchange 2K is a service pack. Is this the same for Exchange 2K3? If so, where is the SP I need? Thanks in advance. What service is the error relating to? Guessing it is inetinfo.exe, but you tell me. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dave" <noone@nope.com> wrote in message news:1d26f$4280dda0$42cf42fd$2834...

averaging data in multiple columns
I'm looking for a formula to lookup criteria in column A and average the results in columns B, C, D, E, etc. For example I would like to know the average of how many "CATS" have been sold in a given year and I will be adding addtional months as time progresses and do not want to have to adjust my range or formula each time a new months worth of data is added. For example. column A column B column C column D column E DOGS 100 200 150 50 CATS 200 300 100 0 FISH 50 ...

CRM + SBS + Exchange Server
Our company get one new customer. We give him demo software for CRM on the small business server for 15 users. Our customer has two type of net works for example: B-net and E-net. Small business server is on the B-net. For security first our customer receive all external email on the E-net then manually transfer from E-net to B-net and if some one want to send email then they transfer B-net to E-net then outside. B-net cannot send or receive email directly from outside. All emails must be send by or receive by E-net. Customer question is that where will be stay email temporary when ema...

Data Selection
Fellow Excellians, I need a little help Picture my screen I have 16 teams and about 12 to 15 people per team Cell C1 TO C100 Contains Various Team Names Cell D1 to D200 Contains peoples Names In Cell A1 Contains "Team Name" in Cell A2 i want to select a person from the list i have created in C1 & C2 but it needs to filter out only the people that play for that team selected in A1 Anyone Got any idea's Thanking so much in advance Steve ...

unable to enter data on form. help?
I have created a form using a relationship between two tables. This was to be a data entry form but when I try to enter data nothing happens. The cursor moves to the first field but typing doesn't result in data appearing on the screen. I could do with some help It sounds like you have based the form on a non-updatable query. For a list of why this might be so, see: Why is my query read-only? at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html There are other possible explanations, e.g.: - you set the form's AllowEdits property to No - you set the form's Recordset Type property to...

Problem with associated view form
We have created two custom entities with a relationship to account. The associated view form for these custom entities does not seem to be populating the accountid attribute - therefore not recognizing that a record has even been selected from the list in the associated view form. Other custom entities that we have created with a similar relationship to account do not have this problem. We can't see any differences between how we have defined the custom entities and associated view forms between the ones that populate the accountid and those that don't. Any suggestions on what the p...

Business Portal 3.0 Order Mangement Portal
We got the following error when running the Business portal outside the intranet using URL: http://servername/sites/businessportal, and enter userid/pwd then got "The Web site that is referenced here is not in the configuration database." But it is ok if we login (or remote login) to that server itself using the same userid/pwd then run URL: http://servername/sites/businessportal Thanks for any help and insight! ...

CRM in the smaller business: SBS & QuickBooks?
Will CRM integrate with Quickbooks in a way similar to Great Plains? Is there any problem running CRM on Small Business Server 2000 and 2003? Can you refer me to anyone providing CRM as an ASP? Thanks, Ken ...

Mail stuck in local delivery queue #3
I'm seeing that quite few people have this problem and I don't see a solution anywhere. My Exchange was working fine until recently. Now all mail only gets as far as the local delivery queue. I've tried eseutil /d and /g, isinteg on the mailboxes - all fine. I've tried reinstalling exch svr 2003 and sp2. One thing I have noticed is that the IS service doesn't stop (in a timely fashion etc) and I can't move mailboxes to new store (just stays at 0%). The Exch server is listed as the GC and DC. Medium diags turned on for DS but nothing untoward appears in app log. ...

Works version 7.0 to Office 2007
Hi, I'd like to upgrade my works (version 7) and would like Office 2007. Am I allowed and able to upgrade from my works to office 2007? Thanks "mikeymike" <mikeymike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:634B0E12-BD82-4743-A384-5C14E023F8AC@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'd like to upgrade my works (version 7) and would like Office 2007. > Am I > allowed and able to upgrade from my works to office 2007? > > Thanks Works 7 is a valid upgrade qualifying product. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101754511033.aspx for ...

Excel Query #3
I want to use an Hanging Indent for the text within a cell. I can do it by spliting that into two different cells but I feel that would be wrong. For example Financial Data for the year ended 2K Please note that the text data should be in the same cell.If any one can help me. Hi can't be done with Excel. You may insert a manual linebreak with ALT+ENTER and insert some spaces but an automatic ident for the second line is not possible with Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Felix wrote: > I want to use an Hanging Indent for the text within a > cell. I can do i...

NEXT CHECK NUMBER #3
My bank changed over our checks and started the numbers back at 500. Now the "next check number" keeps picking up from the old numbering system. Does anyone have a fix for that? Thanks, Austin Because partner and I share a check book we work out of halves of the book...I find that when I enter 2 consecutive checks out of "sequence" I only need to type in the first number out of sequence...money then remembers the "new " sequence. Kind of like using check books out of order. So you may have to correct the first or a couple it should then remember the ...

Help Locking Worksheet #3
Peo Sjoblom Wrote: > Did you uncheck locked under format>cells>protection > for the highlighted data beforte you protected the sheet? > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > >[/color] But I want to lock some of the cells, at least the ones that hav formulas that I took a week creating. Some of the cells are dat entry, some are formulas, the formulas are locked and hidden, the dat entry are unlocked. It works on other spreadsheets I've created, it must be something tha the previous person did before I changed it. I know this is a frustrating newbie question...

Sample data wizard not starting up 02-26-07
I have successfully installed CRM 3.0 on a W2003 SP1 box with SQL2000 SP4. When I try to run the sample data wizard nothing happens but this line is added to the logfile: Sample Data Wizard started at 2/25/2007 3:02:41 PM Error occurred while trying to retrieve the users from the Active Directory Domain - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.ChooseUserForm" threw an exception. - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM Sample Data Wizard completed at - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM Does anybody have any idea what might cause this, the wizard has wor...

FW: Prove that corrective package from the Microsoft Corp.
--pgsfudzszz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tmfjxlyyuvjw"; type="multipart/alternative" --tmfjxlyyuvjw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="opxcyuywyeuf" --opxcyuywyeuf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This update includes the fu...

12.0.1 Update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Hi there I am trying to install the 12.0.1 update and i get this message: "you cannot install Microsoft Office for 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 on this volume" Any ideas why this is happening? "danson@officeformac.com" wrote: > I am trying to install the 12.0.1 update and i get this message: > > "you cannot install Microsoft Office for 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 on this volume" > > Any ideas why this is happening? See if Spotlight can find the "Setup Assistant". Next try to ap...

Date Format #3
I have a spreadsheet that I want the date to be formatted as day/month/year (13-09-03). I go to format cells and choose that format for my column. When I type in the date as 13/09/03 it will not convert the date to the correct format. However if I type in 09/13/03 Excel will convert to the proper format. Does this have anything to do with my regional settings in Windows. Would I have to change the setting to day/month/year in windows. I am using Excel 2000. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Dee Number format affects display only, not how XL parses an entry. To change the p...

Can I use data from different worksheets to create a chart
I am running Excel 2000. I have 3 worksheets from different schools. I want to compare ratings from each of the schools in one chart. Can I do that and, if so, how. Thanks Yes you can build a single chart that plots data from 3 different worksheets. You haven't said what type of chart, so I will walk you through an XY (Scatter) chart. Let me know if you need help with another chart type. Step 1 - Create new worksheet where you will place embedded chart. Name your new worksheet Charts Step 2 - In your new Charts sheet, from the top menu select Insert > Chart to start Excel&#...

Migration from 5.5 to 2000 in different domain
What is the best or preferred method to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000 Server in a different domain? thanks. Stv I could be wrong but I think the only way to really do is Export everything using Exmerge to PST files from 5.5 then back into your 2000 Server. If they were on the same domain then it would be much easier. Good Luck. "stvbrx" wrote: > What is the best or preferred method to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange > 5.5 server to Exchange 2000 Server in a different domain? > thanks. > Stv the best way to migrate the mailboxe...