Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04

When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the:

"Metadata Cache Error"  No Entity

Anyone experience/solve this issue?

0
Brian
4/14/2004 4:02:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go
through this article :
http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842

If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation :
Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then
Microsoft SQL Server.  Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server
Group, expand your Microsoft CRM SQL Server and expand Replication Monitor.
Expand Publishers, and expand your SQL Server Name where you will find the
CRMMetaPub and CRMPub publications.
    a. Highlight CRMMetaPub and right-click on the Snapshot in the right
window pane. Select Start agent.
    b. Highlight CRMPub and right-click on the Snapshot in the right window
pane. Select Start agent.

hth,

--
Olivier Schmitt
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

Ce message est fourni en l'�tat, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous
conf�re aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques li�s � son utilisation.
"Brian Mahloch" <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com> wrote in message
> When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the:
>
> "Metadata Cache Error"  No Entity
>
> Anyone experience/solve this issue?

0
Olivier

Network Error
I am on Win XP home sp3 and I have just updated all my software Secunia PSI 100%. I went from WMP version 6.4.9.1126 to ver. 11.0.5721.5268. Some of the video's play and others get an error after about 10-20% load. It has no error code-just says network error. I tried to get answer from Knowledge base but now my tiny brain hurts! ha Somewhere along the line I gathered that Version 9 had what I need maybe? Do you have any idea how I can fix? Thanks Joni Why am I being skipped?? Did I ask the question wrong? <jemster> wrote in message news:u8g14BUiKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNG...

Error on filtering data in a from
Hi all, I have a form that displays dates in week, montt, quarter and year format. I use Week: Format([DateCreated],"ww") in the query behind the form. In the form footer i have a text field that performs the Sum of control [fruits] However... When i choose to use the default filter function (right click select etc) and filter all records by week or month etc ...i receive this error message: “The object does not contain the Automation Object ‘ isNull’” Why? All suggestions are appreciated, Thanks! ...

Msg 130 Subquery Error
I'm using SQL 2008 and I have the following TSQL code that works fine if you remove the outer SUM function, but I would like to sum the "NumOverLap" field. As it stands, it just returns "1" for each line instead of summing the "1's" for a particular group: ------------Begin------------- SELECT top 5 a.EmpID, a.EmpName, a.StoreNum, a.Date, a.TotalHours, Sum( case when SUM( case when a.[EmpID]<> b.[EmpID] then case when b.[TotalHours] < 4.5 then 0 else case when b.[StartTime] > a.[StartTime] then DateDiff(n,b.[Sta...

How to pre setup the cached e-mail name?
If I can just put all my contacts into the cached e-mail name that would be very useful and make my life easier. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks, Tony. I don't have any idea what you mean by the "cached e-mail name." --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Tony" <tonezzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:%23RSZ...

Internal Error 2356. Data1.cab
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01CB1518.77DC8450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've recently formatted my PC and when installing ACDSee 5.0, I'm = getting the above error message. I'm awaiting an answer from ACDSee after an exhaustive but fruitless = search on-line. In the meantime, any ideas? Declan ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01CB1518.77DC8450 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Error:Email message in CRM client for Outlook
I have the following error message “An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM.” In the article ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925532/ ) the Microsoft give the solution. I have done every steps described in this article but the error continues. Someone can give another solution? Thanks an advance, Paulo Pina On...

CDO throwing Access Denied error in Outlook 2003
Hi, Whenever i access the Messages property of the Contact MAPI Folder, i am getting the following error Collaboration Data Objects Message : [Collaboration Data Objects - [E_ACCESSDENIED(80070005)]] What could be the prob? Thanks Bala I'm not sure what the problem is, your code works fine here but it does throw up the address book access security prompt before access to the contacts folder is allowed. Are you using the Beta 2 refresh? It's possible that access to contacts was more severely restricted in earlier beta versions, although I haven't seen any bugs abo...

Insert Error
After clicking on Transactions - Purchasing - Transacation entry I get: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not mtch table definition. We hit OK and then get: The stored procedure pmControlNumberValidate returned the following results: DBMS: 213, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. the table definition might have changed. try to check PM10000 and PM10001 tables..if you have backup compare their definitions ...

HELP!!! OWA error message
My boss is out of town using OWA to check his e-mail. He received a message and did the usual. He right clicks on the message and attempts to add the sender to the "blocked senders list". He then receives the following message, "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on your server. Contact your server administrator." That would be me. I'd appreciate any help here. I don't know of any limits on the junk e-mail list. I plead for a solution. Thank you, Andy Hey Andy, My suggestion would to you wo...

Coding Issue
I get a "Compile Error - method or data not found" for the following coding: Private Sub Ready_to_Bill_Enter() If (Me.Customer_#) Is Null Then MsgBox "Cannot INVOICE if No Order #" Cancel = True Me.Customer_#.SetFocus End If End Sub [Ready to Bill] is a "Yes/No" field [Customer #] is a "Text" field The results I am loking for is that a user cannot change [OK to Bill] if there is no [Customer #] Thanks -- A MACKENZIE, CMA, MBA see below "aMack" wrote: > I get a "Compile Error - method or data not found" for the following ...

The infamous and often unnecessary CS0165 compiler error
Why? Why is the commented out first line below improper? The overabundance of caution is the only thing I can figure. Not a big deal, but strictly speaking unnecessary as the program should work with this error. RL // char[] myCharacterArray; //gives: error CS0165: Use of unassigned local variable char[] myCharacterArray = new char[3]; //you must instantiate to avoid this error try { //do stuff here like... char[] myCharacterArray = new char[3]; } catch (Exception myexception) { } ...

Exporting to PST error
When exporting a Mailbox to a .pst (for backup purposes), I get an error stating this: "Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access is denied." I am a domain admin and have full administrative rights to both my machine, the mailbox store, the exchange server, the mailbox that I am trying to export, etc. There is a supervisor who has Publishing Editor rights to this mailbox (for reviewing [aka BIG BROTHER]) namely the mailbox, sent items, inbox, and deleted items. Would having this mailbox open on the supervisor profile effect this export? An...

error in using vterm sample
Hello everybody I am trying to use mscomm32 in visual c .net and so I run MSDN sample (VTerm) but it do not receive any thing plaese tell me why? I am using Win2k advance server Thanks a lot ...

Receiving error attempting to reply to or save message
I have my hotmail account set up as an HTTP type. I am receiving e-mails fine, but when I attempt to reply, I get the error message, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error." According to the "Check for updates" utility on Office Online, my updates are current. I am using Outlook 2002. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? ...

error on database login
When I try to connect to my database in Store Admin/Connect.... I get this error: Data Source name not found and no default driver specified... I get this same error when I try to backup my database from Store Manager,... everything else seems to run just fine,.. I did upgrade to 1.3 about a week ago... Arve Arve, Are you trying to backup to something other than the local hard drive? Try backing up to your "My Documents" folder without any special characters. -- = "Arve" <arve@nordichouse.com> wrote in message news:9C0F53C2-36F8-4D27-87F2-96AE4FE822E7@micr...

Outlook users reporting sync errors relating to GAL
I've just set-up Exchange 2003 for a customer of mine. The few test users we have on the system at the moment are getting sync errors. 13:49:25 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 13:49:25 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Se Test' 13:49:25 Done 13:49:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 13:49:25 0X8004010F The Microsoft Exchange offline address book and the line below are coloured RED in the sync error log. How do I fix this? Don't worry, fixed it. Told System Manager to rebuild the offline address book and it worked after that. How odd. "Stephen Aldous" <steve@step...

stop error message when opening a non existant file in a macro
In a macro jn Excel 2007, I am opening files from a list, when the file doesn't exist I get an error message. How can I stop this and go on to the next one? I can stop the first with an onerror statement but if it finds a second non-existant file it ignores this and gives an error message. Generally speaking post your code... Without code then something like this might work... dim wbk as workbook 'start loop here on error resume next set wbk = workbooks.open "Whatever" on error goto 0 if wbk is nothing then msgbox "No such file" else m...

eConnect 8.0 biztalk Adapter 2004 File Exception Error Handling?
Hello, When I transmit an XML doc to Great Plains database using eConnect transport type through BizTalk Server 2004 how do I know that the file transmitted successfully without having to always look at HAT? Note: I created an orchestration in my project and have used a Scope with Catch Exception and Compensation etc. and when I transmit a file I know has bad data to Great Plains, Great Plains rejects the file because I see it in HAT, but the orhestration does not catch exception that Great Plains has rejected the xml doc with bad data etc. What other exception handling can I use to ca...

CRM Report Server stopped working / Event Viewer shows many Error
This started with a user seeing the standard "Error Check with Sys Admin" message when they tried to access Reports. EVERYTHING appears to be set up correctly - ODBC, the Reporting Config, I even reinstalled the Reporting service. The error I see in the tracelogs reads: Error Message: Could not find a part of the path "c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\ReportServer\ReportService.asmx" But this is not where the Reporting Server is located in IIS and this value isn't anywhere in the MSCRM registry keys. In IIS, the CRMAppPool lists the following: ROOT <...

Avoiding the dreaded metadata.
So, I have a series of tables with different columns (but some 'common') e.g. Sales order items (oritem) Process order stock requirements (orstkall) Picking note items (pickitm) Miscellaneous manual stock reservation ( Each table can provide a requirement for stock based on status of item. I therefore have another table (allocation) which contains the outstanding requirements for stock, from which I need to create a relation back to each of these tables. Allocations for a particular row in any of these tables are stripped and rebuilt frequently. Each of these has ...

Word out of Memory error
I am getting an unexpected error telling me that "word has insufficient memory. Do you want to save test as rescued document?" Normally, this would be a virus issue, but I have scanned the pc with panda, sysclean, housecall and avg. Normally, it happens when I attempt to include an attachment onto an email, using word as the editor. The attachemnt is located upon a network share. It does not happen if I browse the share using explorer, then drag the attachemnt onto the document. The instant that I click on the other server, it bombs out. Anyone ever heard of this? ...

Microsoft CRM 05-25-04
Im looking for a fix to: File frs://Input/a_189/000/000/189/14e83617d5166b11a.rpt not found on File Repository Server. This problem occurred after I did a crm reinstall to an existing database. I understand that there is a tool proprietary to crystal that I can download to fix this problem. How do I get this? Thanks Matt Poole you need to contact Microsoft support to get this tool to allow you to republish your reports "Matt P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11bb001c4422c$ac7bdf50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Im looking for a fix to: > ...

why doesn't on error work?
I have the following code with an on error statement: For i = 1 To zz search_term = Workbooks("search.xls").Worksheets("Search Terms").Cells(i, 1) On Error GoTo not_found search_column = Cells.Find(What:=search_term, After:=[A1], LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False).Column [Do Stuff if search_term is found on worksheet] not_found: On Error GoTo 0 Next i The for loop should go through 155 terms. The first time the search_term is not found the on error statemen...

Outlook error message #29
Messages on the outbox are sent, but not moved to the sent folder. Error # 0x8004060C appears. Thanks, Sam ...

MAPI Error..
Hi, I need some guidance for solving the below 2 error messages. The application log keep showing the error messages below when I have agent scripting firing in the public folder of my outlook. I really have no clue how to resolve these problems and what causes these problems. Please help. Thank you. Source: MSExchangeES Event ID:5 Description: An unexpected MAPI error occured. Error returned was [0x80004005] Source:MSExchangeES Event ID:15 Description 0x80004005 occured while trying to run a timer-based agent http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=265397 In the last exciting episode, jacyli...