Merging Duplicate Contacts

Is there an option in V3.0 to merge selected accounts/contacts/leads that
have been selected as duplicates?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

yes, from the Contact List or from an Advanced Find for contacts, you can
select multiple contacts and click the Merge icon at the top of the list
(the merge icon looks like two small pieces of paper becoming one larger
piece of paper).  When you click it, a merge dialog will appear and help you
with the process.

Sorry for the weak description of the icon by the way :)

Dave

"Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an option in V3.0 to merge selected accounts/contacts/leads that
> have been selected as duplicates?

0
Dave
11/24/2006 4:07:49 AM
Yes - select two accounts, contacts or leads, and choose the merge button
(next to the send direct email button) on the toolbar.

"Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an option in V3.0 to merge selected accounts/contacts/leads that
> have been selected as duplicates?

0
Martin
11/24/2006 12:13:27 PM
Thank you for the reply, I'll look for the icon. I just didn't see it last
time. Thanks again.

------=_NextPart_0001_0EFBF445

<Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply, I'll look for the icon. I just didn't see it
last
> time. Thanks again.

For future reference, toolbar icons have tooltips if you hover over them
with the mouse.

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
\par > Thank you for the reply, I'll look for the icon. I just didn't see it last
\par > time. Thanks again.
\par
\par
\par For future reference, toolbar icons have tooltips if you hover over them with the mouse.
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0EFBF445--

0
taoyue

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

Copy my contacts to disc on a disc in Outlook 2003
I want to copy my e-mail contacts to a disc. I have Outlook 2003. I found out a way to copy to a xls file,but it comes out with too many columns. I would rather just copy it the way it is my contact folder, alphabetically or the way it is in my address book. Your Contacts are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data, so you would copy your entire data file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com...

how retreive outlook contact and calander file from crashed PC?
Hi, WinXP home stopped loading this afternoon. I pulled the 2.5 " drive and have it in an external bay and plugged it into a laptop via the USB port. The drive is fine. I copied off most data files, but can't get to the desktop. It tells me I don't have adm. permission. There's one file there I want to get, but so far, no luck. Is there a way to retrieve the files Outlook 2007 uses for the calander and install/import them to a different Computer? That's my main concern right now. If so, is it as simple as copying a file and pasting it? Any help much appriciate. Mike...

Mail Merge and Labels
OK. I've read the posts but don't seem to find an answer for my problem. I have created a Publisher file and set it up to run an Avery 5163 label. I get a single lable to work with and that's fine. I want use the mail merge feature to merge in data from my Access Database. While I'm creating the label, I don't use the mail merge feature (haven't even yet added the data source). I just want to see how it looks and feels. So I put a dummy name (Jane Doe) on the label. When I publish to Adobe .pdf (which is how I'm going to distribute the labels), I get a f...

Design for future merging
I've created a small but somewhat complex relational database that uses autonumber fields in higher level tables as primary keys to link with foreign keys in lower level tables. At this point I have up to 5 levels of tables. I'd like to copy this database for use at 4 other remote sites, with the ultimate intention of merging all 5 back together after a few months of data entry. I've read quite a bit about how to merge databases that weren't originally designed with future merges in mind, and this ends up being quite complex with so many levels and autonumber-dependent t...

importing email and contacts from a file
I'm running Outlook 2007 and want to import my mail and contacts (address book) from the saved files of my older outlook. I've already been using Outlook for a few weeks and I was wondering if I can merge the existing e-mails with the mails in the file? Is it possible? Thank you! mgm Never import Outlook data. To merge the files, just open the older file and copy what you want from it into the new file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mgm" <mgm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGbc2MoHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2007 and ...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

Outlook 2000 Merging to Email
When I use Word and Outlook 2000 to merge to email. It will merge but it will not put the messages in my outbox so that I can send them. I have tried everything. The contacts are there the merged letter is there, I just can't get it to actually send the emails. Help! Thanks ...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

Unremovable Duplicate Personal & Archive Folders
I have two Archive Folders and two Personal Folders showing in the folders list of Outlook 2001. I have uninstalled Office Outlook twice, gone to RegEdit to remove any stray Outlook registries and reinstalled Office Outlook. I still have duplicate folders along with all my original folders. I have tried the procedures recommended in MS FAQ but a message comes up sasying I cannot "Close the folders" because an "OBJECT" cannot be found. I have also tried renaming the folders but am not allowed to do so. I have backed up all folders in a .pst file so all I want to do ...

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

Help with Document Merging
I am not even sure if this is possible....so I will give you some background to help you understand what I need... Thanks in advance for any help you can provide... I work for a staffing firm and we use various questionnaires to collect information about our candidates. Each questionnaire is targeted to a specific type of candidate, i.e. a questionnaire for accounting candidates versus a questionnaire for an HR candidate or an IT candidate. Each questionnaire has a set of questions that is specific for that job type, but each questionnaire also has a set of general question...

Can I merge a list of email addresses from exel into outlook?
w/out having to enter each on separately, can I merge the email addresses into a group? Hi MDuda See this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "MDuda" <MDuda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B58DEF30-7EEA-4244-BBED-C1851156DF6C@microsoft.com... > w/out having to enter each on separately, can I merge the email addresses > into a group? ...

Mail Merge 03-12-10
I have a log that has multiple lines with the same individual that I am trying to merge into one page per individual in word, I have to do a more advanced mail merge. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:33:01 -0800, Brooke <Brooke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a...

Process Duplicates
Hi everyone, I have duplicate data and I need to process it accordingly. I followed some advice I found in this group and went to: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm There I found the following code (reproduced here exactly) which looked like it could be modified to do the job I require: Sub FixDuplicateRows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim ColNum As Integer ColNum = Selection(1).Column For RowNdx = Selection(Selection.Cells.Count).Row To _ Selection(1).Row + 1 Step -1 If Cells(RowNdx, ColNum).Value = Cells(RowNdx - 1, ColNum).Value Then Cells(RowNdx, ColNum).Value = "...

Email Mail Merge
I formatted a MS Word document using the web layout view however when it emails the format is all over the place please advise Advise posting with enough clarity and detail for someone to understand what you are attempting to say in an appropriate group. You did neither. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Zee" <xdsouza@sterlinghomesgroup.com> wrote in message news:4C5ACEF9-838C-4141-A1E1-C0CF4E1394AE@microsoft.com... >I formatted a MS Word document using the web layout view however when it > emails the format is all over the place please advise I have created a mail...

Relationship between Contact and Opportunity is not shown on C. Si
Roles assigned to contacts in sales projects (opportunities) are not visible on the contacts side. Neither when the opportunity is open nor when it has been closed. Such, you are not able to see in which projects the contact was/is involved. This is clear break in the UI, where information should be accessible from all referred objects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

CRM Contacts in Outlook Address Book
Hi, We have successfully installed the Outlook clients for CRM 3.0 - both the offline and the online version. All users have the same Accounts and Contacts available in the Outlook Address Book under the Microsoft CRM section. But the relations available are not immediately explainable - they dont seem to be related to the Local Data filters and there seem to be no relation to any configuration setting or saved search. What data is shown here?. Any help on this? TIA! Items in the address book include all instances that you can see which have a primary email address. These are unrelated ...

add contacts to email addressbook, when option greyed out?
if i goto contacts/properties/outlook address book , the option to "show this folder as an address book is greyed out. i cannot use the conternts folder or any othe folder i have created as a adress boook it always remains greyed out. any ideas please? Create a new mail profile - you have given precious little information on your setup but I would bet dollars to donuts that you attempted to transfer your data using Windows Easy Transfer. That never works for OUtlook data without creating a corrupt profile. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep ...

Duplicate (Ghost) Folders in Contacts
After a major crash of our company's Exchange Server I now have multiple contact folders with the same name when I go to email a message and go to the address books to find the name. They do not appear in the Contacts only when I click on TO: in an email message. For instance I have a folder called Distribution, there are two of these folders displayed. One works and the other when you click on it puts up an error ("The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not ha...