Merged cells when exporting reports into excel files

The excel files exported by custom reports we have made using reporting
services, have a lot of merged cells.

Do you have any idea why does this happen ???
0
George6668 (260)
4/15/2008 3:19:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi George,

We have experienced this before and would like to share our findings

Check your report to see if you have any labels added to the report...
Generally Report Headings that are wide enough to extend the width of the
columns below...

Fix is to get to the width of the label to be equal to the width of the
entire column being merged. So say you find column D and E merged. Extend
the report header label to have a width wide enough to match column E
complete... even if it wider by a .01 margin it will merge the following
column.

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The excel files exported by custom reports we have made using reporting
> services, have a lot of merged cells.
>
> Do you have any idea why does this happen ???

0
inogic (83)

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

move cell contents

Excel not Access

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Excel 2007

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

help with simple maths in excel