Merge records function

Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the
function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ?
I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

is there a "File name" function in ms Excel (2002)
Hi Anyone know of any msExcel function that will give the name of the current file? To be honest I want if for printout purposes because I am trying to avoid the custom header etc (which seems difficult/impossible to format) Shiphen Shiperton Henethe One way =LEFT(MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),FIND(".", MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255))+3) can be put in any cell if you want the full path =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",...

DPM 2007 and DVD recorders
I'm going to evaluate DPM 2007 but before I've a question: does DPM 2007 supports DVD recorders for permanent data archive ? Thanks in advance. F. On 22 Feb, 20:25, "Fab <fabrizio.nos...@nospam.nospam>" > I'm going to evaluate DPM 2007 but before I've a question: does DPM > 2007 supports DVD recorders for permanent data archive ? From the technet web site: "DPM does not support Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) media." Hope to be wrong... F. http://www.ss-infrastructure.com/2009/12/dpm-and-tapes-things-to-consider.html ...

Item Extension record required for all items in Returns Management
We've been testing the Returns Management module using the Fabrikam company to see if it will be something we can benefit from. Our testing has shown that in order for the system to pull the item's Current Cost (from the Item Master), you must create an Item Extension record for the item and check the box marked 'Use Current Cost'. If you don't create the record, the system will default to a zero cost. (This assumes that you don't associate the return with an existing invoice where the customer bought the item). To me, this seems to be a maintenance nightmare. O...

Problems with Excel functions
I have a problem with the excel funtions. The problem is that when write a funtion as for example : = Replace(E2,12,16," ") what is displayed in the cell is the funtion that i wrote and not the result. I have been having this problem and i do not know if it's a setting on my program. Please help me on.....is URGENT... I need Excel working .... Thanks in advance Your cell was formatted as text before entering the function. Format as General and re-enter (F2, Enter) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "RITRAM" <RITRAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Bank of America/MBNA Merge
BOA bought MBNA, and now my CC information is on a BOA website. However, when I try and add these credentials to a new "Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID)" Credit Card account in Money, I get an error. Anybody know what steps I need to go through to allow me to be able to download transactions? I just called them up yesterday, and was told that similar to MBNA, you can export credit card transactions from the website, but not directly from Money, which is why it won't take your password. If you have other accounts at BOA, then you can link those directly i...

Locking records once "closed"
The user is selects their name from a drop down menu. When the cell e X1 is filled the completed date is automaticallly entered based o if(X1<>"",NOW(),""). After this happens I would like to change the formula cell to a date so that it will not change everytime the worksheet is opened. How do achieve this without using VB. Is it possible to protect cells once X1<>"", or better yet change al dates on that row to lock. Or is there another method of achieving the same objective. That i once a record is complete no further changes cand be made. T...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

Copying record value from column in multiple sheets into single sh
Hi, I have some employee Records in sheets "Nov07","Dec07" and "Jan08". the first two columns(A and B) are employee number and name in each sheet, and column C is their overtime. I want to create a consolidated sheet "YTD" so that I can see all their YTD overtime in one sheet and do some analysis. Hence the new sheet will have first two columns A and B same as above howver column C, D and E will be the overtime from each sheet. It would have been a simple copy paste if the number of employee had been static, but it changes every months as new em...

Help with special Excel mail merge...
Hi. I'm looking for a way to replace some variable names in an HTML file with row data from an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to create one HTML file per row of data. I tried doing this using the mail merge feature of Microsoft Word and was pleased until I ran into two problems: 1. The MS Word mail merge does not substitute an image in place of an image name. 2. The final results are printed, whereas I would like each row result to be saved into a separate file. Is there any app (preferably freeware) that can extract Excel row data and replace each specified HTML variable with...

Retrieving data from multiple records
How do I put data from multiple records in one report on one line. I have parents in one table and children in another. Each child has its own record. How can I include a sentence like this in a report when the children's names come from various records: "Thank you for registering Brianna, Sean, and Emma for our art workshop." Also, there are other children in the family who were not registered. Using Access 2003. Thanks for your help. There is a generic function that will concatenate the child records at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T...

Get the ID of a newly added record
I have a table that is being accessed through a class derived from MFC's CRecordSet. The table is actually implemented in Access and it's ID is an auto number field. After doing an AddNew to the table, how can the newly added row's ID be retrieved? In SQL server, I just would have created a stored procedure which would have added the row and returned the ID. obviously, I can't do that in Access. Any ideas? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Hi U�ytkownik "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:%23VlM$X1%23EHA.4092@TK2MSF...

Microsoft Access Table Record Limitation
Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it performs poorly? "mark" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OGxT6vdgKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it > performs poorly? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access/ That's depends upon the type and quality of indexes, as well as other factors. I have a database front-end that connects to a 1.1 GB backend with 6 million records. By using the primary key, I can pull 1 record ...

mail merge to include signatures
Hi, I want to perform a mailmerge that will include signatures in the form of bitmaps (or similar) I'm stuck on how to import an image file into an excel spreadsheet to perform this mail merge function. is this even possible? Cheers, Dean ...

Directory Issues 2003: Merge file, Header and Footer,
Hello, After I have merged my pubication, Merged File Issue: After I have merged my file, where I would like to start my header and footer prevents me from doing so, because the name is in the middle of the page along with other data. Please advise Header and Footer: I can't get the header not to be on a single page -- astro44 Jessica, Are you using the catalog merge? What are you trying to do with the header and footer? When you are finished with the merge, in step five create a new publication with the merge. If your merge was setup as a catalog, you now can view the header...

Combo box for related records AND non-related records
Hello, Sorry if this question has been answered, but my searches have not yielded the posts. Here is what I want to do: I have a form with a combo box for City and one for State. I have two lookup tables: lkpCity cityID, City, stateID lkpState stateID, State I have the combo box for City set up, and the one for State to depend on the control for City. These are necessary because we've got a lot of spelling errors. Very often, however, the respondents whose data we are entering fail to provide a city, but list their state. If this happens, I can't get a l...

Wild Characters in "IF" function
I've seen in this forum that someone already asked the question bu there was no answer... I'm also unable to use the wild character (*) in my IF function - want the formula to return $51.44 and $25.31 amounts in column D i "EXON" chain is encountered in cells of column B. My statement look like this: =IF(B4="EXXON*",C4,0) but it doesn't work... Calumn A Column B Column C Column D 10/29/2005 HEINIE'S MARKET $12.28 10/30/2005 VAIL PASS SALES 0374 $198.00 10/29/2005 EINSTEIN BROS #1793 $...

Investment: recording a loss
I've looked in the help and also on Google but wasn't able to find an answer for this. How do you enter a transaction into the 'Investment Transactions' register to account for a loss only. The number of shares hasn't changed, only the aggregate value of all the shares. I don't see how I can do this. Can anyone point to a resource that describes how something like this is done? thnx, Christoph Money only records the loss when you realize the loss--i.e., when you sell the investment for less than you paid for it. If you want to reflect the reduced value of ...

New Related Tables Records
Concerning my forms, I have buttons that will open a second form with information related to the record on the first form. For example, on a contact record, one might push the "Letters" button and see the letters sent to the contact in the past. I have navigational buttons on the form as well. However, when the 'New Record" button is pushed, it is necesary to select the contact again. How can I program the new record button to create a new record with the contact already filled out? The contact field in the related table is actually the id, but displays the company name ins...

mail merge form data to word field
I'd like to be able to fill-in data into an Access Form and then export the fields to a Microsoft Word Template with merge fields setup. Can anyone set me in the right direction? Take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html specifically the spuer easy word merge -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "neenmarie" wrote: > I'd like to be able to fill-in data into an Access Form and then export the > fields to a Microsoft Word Template with merge fields setup. Can anyone set > me in the right direction? ...

Conditional formatting based on matching record in separate query
I would like to conditionally format a patient's name (e.g., Bold) in a report, based on whether it finds that name in a separate query of New Admissions. How can I make my condition look for matching data in the query? The table name is Today'sList, and the query name is Admissions. The matching field name containing the patient's name is "Field1". Do I need to construct an expression using IIf (I'm assuming)? My question is, somehow I need my conditional expression to say "If Field1 matches any record's Field1 in this other query (Admissions),...

"IF" Function, excel not recognising my numbers
I just made a simple formula for excel to find a value of a number that has a bracket attached, then if the value is greater than 50, it will replace the cells value with 50. This is what I put in the function IF LEFT(W1,LEN(W1)-1)>"50" = TRUE 50 LEFT(W1,LEN(W1)-1) 12.0603} I get 12.0603 7.007} I get 50 (Why?) 6.4142} I get 50 ? 26.7647} I get 26.7647 correct 34.2744}I get 34.2744 correct 2.0283} I get 2.0283 correct 27.5844} i get 27.5844 correct 76.44} I get 50 correct 73.5583} I get 50 correct etc etc Can anyone see why it would be doing this? Even if i take out all the ...

Mail merge into booklet will not print right
I am trying to get a Publisher 2003 document to center staple the booklet. I am having trouble. When I print many copies of the blank addressed booklet the printer understands & will complete each 8 pages as one job with the double center staple. When I do a mail merge, the program preview looks good for each entry - only 8 pages - but when I go to print, the printer takes all of the information as one job & will staple as many newsletters as possible together into one clump. How can I set up the document so that when it merges the information it is many jobs & not only one?...

Albert Kallal's Multi-Select to delete selected records?
Hi, I have used Albert Kallal's multi-select ( http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html) example to select records on a continuous form and have them displayed on a report. Is it possible to use similar logic to Albert's multi-select example to delete selected records from a continuous form? Thanks Anthony biganthony wrote: >I have used Albert Kallal's multi-select ( >http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html) example to >select records on a continuous form and have them displayed on a report. > >Is it possible to use s...

Need to show same number of records in continuous subform
Greetings all Access Gurus! I am in the process of duplicating an application form in Access 2003, and I have come across an odd issue: The application has two subforms on it, each of which is returning historical records of an applicants performance. each of the subforms needs to show 0-5 records (there will never be more than 5). This is working just fine, BUT.... I need to display the row labels/lines for 5 records regardless of how many records are returned for that applicant. So if the applicant has 2 records, there needs to be 3 blank rows returned for that subform, and if there are 4 re...