Our organization's McAfee 8.50i slows down MS Dynamics CRM v4 - on premise
web client considerabley when loading forms and data.
Besides completely disabling McAfee, does anyone know how to configure
McAfee (or configure CRM) to ignore CRM related form and data loads.
When disabling the oncaccess scan, or when disabling the scriptcan - it
improves lookups from 8-9 seconds to 4-5 seconds.
However, the organizatin policy is to have these enabled.
What to do?
0
pvschaaf (7)
7/10/2008 10:58:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We have the same behavior, and went we reported to Microsoft says that no
solution has, then we buy and install Microsoft Security and all goes fine
!!!! It’s hard but real, Microsoft has the power..

"pvschaaf" wrote:

> Our organization's McAfee 8.50i slows down MS Dynamics CRM v4 - on premise
> web client considerabley when loading forms and data.
> Besides completely disabling McAfee, does anyone know how to configure
> McAfee (or configure CRM) to ignore CRM related form and data loads.
> When disabling the oncaccess scan, or when disabling the scriptcan - it
> improves lookups from 8-9 seconds to 4-5 seconds.
> However, the organizatin policy is to have these enabled.
> What to do?
0
SatAba (13)
7/11/2008 6:01:01 PM

"pvschaaf" wrote:

> Our organization's McAfee 8.50i slows down MS Dynamics CRM v4 - on premise
> web client considerabley when loading forms and data.
> Besides completely disabling McAfee, does anyone know how to configure
> McAfee (or configure CRM) to ignore CRM related form and data loads.
> When disabling the oncaccess scan, or when disabling the scriptcan - it
> improves lookups from 8-9 seconds to 4-5 seconds.
> However, the organizatin policy is to have these enabled.
> What to do?

We too have the same issue, does anyone know of what needs to be excluded in
McAfee from scanning?
0
Home (6)
7/15/2008 3:38:00 PM
Hi,

I made a similar post on the Partner newgroup.

The Microsoft Support Engineer is kind enough  to reply,

"another option that has minimized the impact of this scenario is
upgrading to McAfee 9.0."

"Home" wrote:

> "pvschaaf" wrote:
>
> > Our organization's McAfee 8.50i slows down MS Dynamics CRM v4 - on premise
> > web client considerabley when loading forms and data.
> > Besides completely disabling McAfee, does anyone know how to configure
> > McAfee (or configure CRM) to ignore CRM related form and data loads.
> > When disabling the oncaccess scan, or when disabling the scriptcan - it
> > improves lookups from 8-9 seconds to 4-5 seconds.
> > However, the organizatin policy is to have these enabled.
> > What to do?
>
> We too have the same issue, does anyone know of what needs to be excluded in
> McAfee from scanning?
0
Daniel1 (174)
7/28/2008 5:06:16 AM
Only one issue, Virusscan 9.0 hasn't been released yet. How do they propose
we tested??

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a similar post on the Partner newgroup.
>
> The Microsoft Support Engineer is kind enough  to reply,

> "another option that has minimized the impact of this scenario is
> upgrading to McAfee 9.0."
>

> "Home" wrote:
>

> > "pvschaaf" wrote:
> >
> > > Our organization's McAfee 8.50i slows down MS Dynamics CRM v4 - on premise
> > > web client considerabley when loading forms and data.
> > > Besides completely disabling McAfee, does anyone know how to configure
> > > McAfee (or configure CRM) to ignore CRM related form and data loads.
> > > When disabling the oncaccess scan, or when disabling the scriptcan - it
> > > improves lookups from 8-9 seconds to 4-5 seconds.
> > > However, the organizatin policy is to have these enabled.
> > > What to do?
> >
> > We too have the same issue, does anyone know of what needs to be excluded in
> > McAfee from scanning?
0
Home (6)
7/28/2008 1:07:01 PM
Hi

We've just upgraded to CRM v.4.0 and are seeing the same behaviour here.
Disabling McAfee VirusScan on client machines does improve performance.
Obviously this is not an option. Does anyone know of any good workarounds?

"Home" wrote:

> Only one issue, Virusscan 9.0 hasn't been released yet. How do they propose
> we tested??
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made a similar post on the Partner newgroup.
> >
> > The Microsoft Support Engineer is kind enough  to reply,

> > "another option that has minimized the impact of this scenario is
> > upgrading to McAfee 9.0."

> > > We too have the same issue, does anyone know of what needs to be excluded in
> > > McAfee from scanning?
0
Alan6824 (103)
8/4/2008 2:27:01 PM
We have this exact same problem... CRM no matter how you access it, with
McAfee script scan enabled hangs the process up for up to 15 seconds... If
you disable script scanning it works almost instantaneously.

Is there a process we can exclude for this to work more efficiently.

There's no way I can pass it by our security expert to say "we should just
disable script scanning. There has to be another way.

"Alan" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We've just upgraded to CRM v.4.0 and are seeing the same behaviour here.
> Disabling McAfee VirusScan on client machines does improve performance.
> Obviously this is not an option. Does anyone know of any good workarounds?
>
> "Home" wrote:
>
> > Only one issue, Virusscan 9.0 hasn't been released yet. How do they propose
> > we tested??
> >
> > "Daniel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I made a similar post on the Partner newgroup.
> > >
> > > The Microsoft Support Engineer is kind enough  to reply,

> > > "another option that has minimized the impact of this scenario is
> > > upgrading to McAfee 9.0."

0
Casey (46)
8/7/2008 5:38:01 PM
Thanks for the responses so far, the issue still remains.
We've found disabling scriptscan does help, but is still not as fast as if
McAfee was disabled all together. Still looking for a better solution or a
way to configure McAfee to somehow skip scanning IE when CRM is the
source.....
0
pvschaaf (7)

save as html #5
I have been working for years on Excel 97 until a couple of days ago. I manage a web site that I update two times a month with new point standings for my group (www.wctpa.com) . The points are sent to me via e-mail by the group secretary in an excel spreadsheet. I have an html document that I rename and reuse that contains an html instruction to insert a table at a specific location: <!--##table##--> . In Excel 97, I had been able to re-save her spreadsheet as "save as html". This allowed me to insert the spreadsheet contents into my html document, then upload to our we...

Any word on CRM 1.2 release date?
Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? And will CRM 1.2 work with SBS2003 that was just released? -kw "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehxGoPvnDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? > > This depends on where you are based. I've just got home from an MS course, and we told that in Australia it will release to the partners at the conference late next month, and will be released to customers on 12/1/04. It was also confirmed that it will run on SBS2003 - it will ru...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...

Resource Booking (5.5)
Would I be right in saying that this can be achieved in 5.5 but its not very nice, but also there are third party programs but they aren't brilliant.? Does 2000 or 2003 have better functionality for this feature? We are just after a way of booking meeting rooms and a couple of shared resources (camera etc..). Ideas... Cheers, Kristian "Kristian Davies" <Post to newsgroup!> wrote: >Would I be right in saying that this can be achieved in 5.5 Yes, kind of, it's really an Outlook thing. > but its not very nice Yes. > but also there are third party progr...

Access denied opening XML attachment
A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in Outlook 2003. It works fine in previous versions. It says "access denied. Error processing resource." If the file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a problem. Is there some security configuration that would cause this behavior? I have tested on multiple machines and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes. I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file is trying to open from. Any insight would be helpful. -Paul ...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Slow VBA macro
Every time the following code runs and it reaches a blank cell it takes 2-3 seconds to update the cell with a zero: Do Until ActiveCell.Offset(1, -3) = "" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select Select Case ActiveCell Case Is = "" Selection.FormulaR1C1 = 0 End Select Loop I've tried Application.ScreenUpdating = False but the macro is still very slow. Any suggestions as to ho...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Czech characters
We are using the following configuration: - Windows XP English - Outlook 2003 English + MUI for French, Spanish, Italian, German - Exchange 5.5. We encounter some problem with Czech characters. When contacts are stored in the mailbox in Exchange 5.5, some czech characters are replaced in contact name, company, .... When we stored the same contact in a pst file, evrything works fine. The characters are not replaced. Have somebody an idea or a solution for me? ...

Dynamics CRM windows blocked by a pop-up blocker
Need some help resolving an issue. This morning opening records through Outlook CRM stopped working. When clicking on the item in Outlook, the following message would appear after a short delay: "A Microsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. Please add this Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the list of the sites your pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:our server name" The following items have been done in an effort to resolve the problem: 1. Disabled IE pop-up blocker and checked computer for any other pop- up blockers...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

sending web pages
My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you Copy/paste the link instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: David Davidson <ddavidson@adelphia.net> asked: | My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or | the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a | potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you ...

Slow Open/Save over Network Connection
My client has an Apple XServe located in a "co-location" server farm which is providing very fast and reliable network speeds (10 mbps DL, 11 mbps UL). His office location is using AT&T DSL with DL speeds around 3.5 mbps. The directory that sits on the XServe is shared over the internet so my client can access it from multiple locations. Most of the documents are MS Word files. They are using Intel based iMacs with the latest versions of MS Office 2008. The problem my client is facing is the horrible speeds of opening, saving, and closing Office 2008 files. It could take up...

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

CRM 3.0 Web client performance questions
Hello - I seem to have a bit of a connundrum here and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a simmilar issue. We've currently got CRM 3.0 up and working but I have gotten some questions regarding performance from some of my users that access CRM using the web client on a WAN link. They are overseas and the server is located in the US. They've got a 512kb connection and we've got a full t-1 connection. They are stating that it can take them anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 min to load a page. So, I had them do some investigating and testing with some other machines ...

Intra-company transactions in GP Dynamics
Has anyone used Intracompany (not Intercompany) transactions in GP Dynamics or Web App? I have a client who, charges costs and revenues between to branches. For example, Branch A acquires the job but Branch B does the work for Branch A's customer, charges Branch A for costs incurred and bills for service as well. Branch A pays Branch B and charges customer with a markup. The process they're currently using is cumbersome and under review. But I would like to know if anyone has dealt with a similar scenario and what solution have you concluded. Thanks. Welcome to Great Plains group Sen...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

Money 2006 to 2008
I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could continue my services. Was running 2006. No problems. Upgraded to Money Plus 2008. I really am using just the basic features for now. It takes *forever* to open. Once I do an online update and it completes, it takes about twice or three times as long to return control to me as 2006 did. Any way to speed it up? I'm running Vista on a not too ancient dual core 2.2 GHz with 4 GB RAM. In microsoft.public.money, Grouch wrote: >I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could >continue my services....

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

CRM Licensing 02-21-04
We have MS CRM 1.2 Professional Customer Service but now it looks like we need some of the features of Sales too. Users are creating new customers and asking why they have to enter contact details twice (Account and Contact). When I test this function in our test environment (Using the test company so I can use both sales and customer service) it appears that adding new customers as leads and then converting them would solve my user's problems, but this isn't available in our system. We bought 18 licenses for a lot of money (compared to $199 per user with ACT) and now it seems we can&...

Validation #8
Hi hope you can help! I have a serial number which is made up of a three letter prefix and four numbers. The letters are area codes which there are only four variations, numbers are random. I have used a Left() and IF() function to validate the prefix but found a Right() function returns the digits as text. What I was working towards (probably in a long winded manor) was to have the cell return a numeric value which would show as an error if it contained any letters, ie there wasn't enough digits for the Right() function to return a purely numeric string. Am I on the right track? Is th...

MS Exchange Server
I do not have Outlook installed on my home computer, which has WinXP installed, but I do at work so I am somewhat familiar with it. Recently whenever I try to click on a "Contact Us" link in a web page, a window opens for MS Exchange Server. I am pretty sure that has something to do with Outlook, but I do not think it has anything to do with Outlook Express. Why has this started happening and how do I remove it. I cannot use the "contact us" function on Any webpage. Thanks mmobilman In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Program Tab and make sure your desired email p...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...