Mappings - without creating record from parent entity.

Hi All,

could somebody navigate me to SDK, where is explained following case:
I have created my own entity, when i use contant as lookup and i need to
automatically fill different field with value from Contact related field. I
don't create new record in my own entity from contacts.
Is there some example how to do it?

Thanks a lot

Radek

0
Radek
11/2/2006 12:56:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Radek,

You cannot do this via a mapping. You will need to write a callout to
retrieve the values required from contact onCreate of the custom entity
record.

There is a callout sample in the SDK for your reference.

HTH,
Niths

"Radek Novak" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> could somebody navigate me to SDK, where is explained following case:
> I have created my own entity, when i use contant as lookup and i need to
> automatically fill different field with value from Contact related field. I
> don't create new record in my own entity from contacts.
> Is there some example how to do it?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Radek

How can I create a fish-bone chart using excel?
I am having difficulty setting up a fishbone type chart. I can use text orientation on the top to get the angle I want but it doesn't work on the line below - the orintatinon is attached to the bottom of the cell. Can it be attached to the top of the cell? Hi, Can you not set the vertical alignment of the cell to top? Cheers Andy lfaris wrote: > I am having difficulty setting up a fishbone type chart. I can use text > orientation on the top to get the angle I want but it doesn't work on the > line below - the orintatinon is attached to the bottom of the cell. Can ...

How to create an email in a client's default mail client
Hi I need to create and send an email using MAPI that works when the client is using outlook express, or a variety of versions of outlook. I think this code will work with a variety of outlook versions, but it doesn't work with outlook express What do I need to do differently to work with Outlook Express and Outlook? -------------- Code Snippet Set oApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set oOutbox = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4) '4 = olFolderOutbox enum value Set oEmail = oApp.CreateItem(0) '0 - olMailItem enum va...

Creating new form instance in Access 2003 SP3
I have had a database working for 3 years that creates multiple instances of a main data form. It uses the idea of: Dim frm as Form set frm = new Form_frmCall and then add the form reference to a collection to keep it active. It worked until SP3. Now the Set statement fails with error 2950, Reserved Error. Is this functionality going away? Thanks, Kevin, I'm not seeing that problem. The sample database in this page still works in A2003 SP3: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrown...

Cannot create new document in Sharepoint Designer 2007
It's new installed under Windows 7 Ultimate x64. After installation, I run it and try to create a new html, but it is disabled. No new document created and the create new button is disabled. Some menu items about contributors settings are grey out. It seems that I have no right to create a new document, but I'm the administrator of the system and the one install this progarm. How to fix this? SharePoint Designer Forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomization/threads -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----------...

Cannot create Mailbox or Addresses
Exchange 2003 on a 2003 Server Mailboxes do not seem to be created when a new user is created. Recently I added this Exchange 2003 server to my existing domain. I moved mailboxes and Public Folders from my old and ailing Exchange 2000 server and then took it offline. The new Exchange 2003 server has seemed to work fine for a month, but today I added a new user for the first time. Everything goes fine and everything is checked to create a new mailbox for the user, however, the mailbox never seems to be created or the addresses generated. I have tried this 6 or 7 times, but always with the...

I cannot get past the "Create an Office Identity" screen.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My situation is a bit unique but I've done it before with no problem. Now I can do it in a separate user account, but not my main account. I have two hard drives, full OS on both (X.5). I have MS Office installed on the "A" drive and I want to run in on my "B" drive. Again I've done this before with no problems. I just got a new computer and have had many issues trying to get up and running on this and the latest problem is trying to get past the Office Identity. When I click on the "Co...

Earn $200 per day without a website
Tired of wasting your time & hard earned money on "intelligent" programs which promise to make you rich overnight? Then read on, because I am going to show you............. How I made over $2000 in just 10 days using a ridiculously stupid technique I stole from my own affiliate Click the following link to see the entire procedure explained step-by- step. http://www.showroute.com/odp I Got MY Own ATM. J http://www.showroute.com/odp Wilson. ...

ADD USB3.0 PORT(s) to a LAPTOP WITHOUT "ExpressCard"
Has anyone of your laptops craved for USB3.0, yet missing "ExpressCard" slot normally required for that adapter (at present is popping up everywhere for $29-50, my fav is "PatriotMemory" brand)? Brand new laptops sometimes come out w/o an ExpressCard slot - I can explan the reason but it's not a subject of this Article. Here's my soilution which worked. Disclaimers: 1) YOU WILL BLATANTLY VOID LAPTOP'S WARRANTY! As of me, I never cared for warranties, electronics these days is cheap, reliable and I can fix most down to SMT formfactor, more impo...

cannot create outlook profile under control panel->Mail
Hi all. I had a problem creating an Outlook profile. I was referred to creat such outlook profile under Control Panel -> Mail. I can see that I don't have any profile there. The list of profiles is empty. So I click on the "Add" button and tried to create a new one. But the "Add" button is not responding at all, nothing is done. Please help. Thank you. Jake. Tried a reapir on Office already? Insert the CD, start setup and choose the repair option -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons ...

how to create chart using data on different worksheets in xls
I get weekly data of different diseases from different places that I enter indifferent worksheets in an excel file. I want to see the continuous trend (disease and place wise). For that, without entering data again, I need to create a chart using data on different worksheets. How do I do that? Can you please help? Thanks. You may have to construct a helper range one another worksheet. With some clever formulas, it shouldn't require too much work to maintain. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Te...

WLM downloading without permission
My practice has been to filter all my mail for six accounts through MailWasher Pro, clear out unwanted items, and then download the remaining mail into Windows Live Mail, which is my default email client, by double-clicking the Sync button. In WLM Options/General I have both 'Send and receive messages at startup' and 'Check for messages every [30] minutes' unchecked. (30 minutes is grayed out as a result). This morning I was too busy to look at my mail, but, about an hour after I had booted my PC, six messages suddenly appeared in WLM while I was writing a mess...

AOL POP server folder got empty by Outlook without notification
Using just AOL Email does not empty AOL Server Folder. I can eccess my Mail from any remote PC. If open my Microsoft Outlook it empties AOL Server Email Folder. Please, Help how avoid empty AOL Email Server Folder -- Ilya Thats the default behaviour for a pop account, unless you select the option to 'Leave a copy on the server' When using the web mail interface you are seeing what is on the server "Ilya" <Ilya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133F67A-209D-4D1D-AE5A-7DB55F1A0958@microsoft.com... > Using just AOL Email does not empty...

MsQuery returning one record + one empty record
Hi all, In the same excel file, i have one sheet containing data and one running a MSQuery to retrive some of the data with a parameter. The problem is that when only one record should be returned, I have that record and a blank record. Because I have formulas that are auto-extended, I have two lines of formula. In MsQuery UI, there's only one record. I hope this is clear, Thanks Pierre-André ...

copying a worksheet tab with a chart, without losing chart formatt
If I copy an Excel 2007 worksheet tab with a chart, the copied sheet loses some of the formatting and / or chart series information. How can I resolve this? Ta ...

How do you create a cascade or waterfall chart
I am looking for software tools and/or techniques for creating cascading and waterfall charts . I'm guessing that regular Excel does not do this. What's the best answer? Excel should be able to handle it: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Strategist wrote: > I am looking for software tools and/or techniques for creating cascading and > waterfall charts . I'm guessing that regular Excel does not do this. What&#...

Create functions that support MAKEINTRESOURCE
Hi, I would like to create a CListControl with a method defined like this : InitControl( LPCTSTR lpszFileName, int nImgCount ) that loads an image and assign an image list. The problem is I want to be able to load an external image file or an embedded resource. SO how can I detect that its a resource when caller used MAKEINTRESOURCE. >SO how can I detect that its a resource when caller used MAKEINTRESOURCE. The documentation gives it away: "The return value is the specified value in the low-order word and zero in the high-order word." i.e. test the high word of the paramete...

Create New User Accont
Hi all, I'm Using SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. I'm trying to add a new user to the server, but it's not setting up an email account for this new account. When I go go Server Management and add user follow all the screens. When it is finished it created logon name, but the email account didn't get setup. I checked our license and we still have some open. Any ideas what am I doing wrong ?? Please help Thanks in advance, Ed In Active Directory Users and Computers, if you right click and select Exchange Task for the user what happens? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, ...

How to update a combo box with a new record
On form I have I have tab pages. On one page is a subform related to a Consultation table, here we add and define the reason of the consultation. The next page over is the examen, here we have a combo box with the dates of consultation of the customer. My problem is that I can not get the last consultation on the list unless I change costumer and come back to him. Only then does the last entry appear in the list of the combo box. How do I update or refresh or ??? that list ? thank you for the help. -- eric Answered elsewhere. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005,...

Problem in creating a company
Hi, I am getting the following error I have a company in service pack two but the other companies are not getting upgraded to service pack II, i am getting an sql error which shows the version of one database is different from another.. This is the error i am getting A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version, you will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Any help is appreciated Regards Reddy Well, first, all db's should be upgraded. But the error message means that there is a 3rd party product or GP Addo...

CNAME resource records for Site is incorrect
I'm running the SBS 2008 BPA and I keep getting this error. >>> The CNAME resource record for the Sites alias should point to the fully qualified domain name of the computer that is running Windows SBS 2008. <<< This is what I have in DNS Manager: server > domain.local Sites - Alias(CNAME) - server.domain.local. - static Any suggestions on how to fix this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! "Shibin" <shibin@txctech.com> wrote in message news:OD6GlZ3nKHA.1928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running the SBS 2008 BPA and I keep gett...

Possible to create additional clickable URL protocols?
I have created a simple commandline-based APP handler ("asynchronous pluggable protocol") for our app and these URLs work as expected when placed into HTML pages as regular links or when entered into the IEx address bar or Windows's Run box. However, when I type such a URL into an Outlook mail inspector, the URL is not clickable, unlike http:, mailto: or even gopher: links. Is there some way to extend the list of clickable URL protocols supported by Outlook inspectors? Currently the only way to create a clickable link to my protocol is to create the mail in HTML format and use t...

create input box
How do you create an input box to open a file that allows the user to browse through your directories? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way Sub test() Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "rbmiathu" <rbmiathu.w6m20@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rbmiathu.w6m20@excelforum-nospam.com... >...

Questions about MX Record for E2K3
All This should be simple enough question to answer, I was wondering if an MX record has to have a mail in front of it. By that I mean mail.mycompany.com for the MX record or can I have something like e2k3.mycompany.com? Secondly, if myMX record is e2k3.mycompany.com but the FQDN is e2k3.us.mycompany.com will I get an error? I have been getting a lot of these message when I tried to send emails to comcast "e2k3.us.mycompany.com #5.5.0 smtp;521-EHLO/HELO from sender 111.111.111.111 does not map to e2k3.us.mycompany.com in DNS". And I was wondering if I can r...

PLease help: How to Keep allocated memory in RAM without Paging?
Generally, I wil use new operator to allocate memory. For example: //CData is a C++ Class Object CData* pObject = new CData; But if I want to keep the pObject in memory withour paging, what should I do ? It is because I want to keep all my allocated data in memory only. -- Regards, Anthony Lam AA wrote: > Generally, I wil use new operator to allocate memory. For example: > //CData is a C++ Class Object CData* pObject = new CData; > > But if I want to keep the pObject in memory withour paging, what > should I do ? It is because I want to keep all my allocated data i...

Creating POP3 accounts automatically
Hi there I am trying to implement a method of creating email accounts in Outlook automatically during logon. I have a large list of email usernames and passwords, with identical POP3 and SMTP settings, and I want a program or registry 'hack' which will let me create an email account in Outlook automatically (preferably in a non-interactive way so it is suitable for a logon script). I have experimented with Microsoft's Custom Installation wizard, and that will indeed let you create an account, but has no method to store the password. What I need is a simple file or program...